Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool -> Anderlect)

Read 101066 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Re: Milan Jovanovic Player Thread
      Reply #713: Jul 03, 2011 11:23:07 pm
      Sorry mate, the first paragraph of my reply was clarifying my stance (I got the impression you thought I didn't think he was good enough for LFC, I think he actually could've been a valuable squad member).  The second paragraph was just me reiterating about the finances of the matter.  That part wasn't aimed at you, you just happened to be the unlucky one I'd quoted so it looked that way.

No probs mate but I was actually backing your point up in that in professional football terms he was not sh*t as some were saying.

I don't however believe he has much to offer us and given the amount of playing time he had last season I'd much rather move him on and use some of the younger lads in his place.

vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #714: Jul 03, 2011 11:35:17 pm
      No probs mate but I was actually backing your point up in that in professional football terms he was not sh*t as some were saying.

I don't however believe he has much to offer us and given the amount of playing time he had last season I'd much rather move him on and use some of the younger lads in his place.

Yep, looks like our little confusion is all sorted now and I agree with you that if we're not going to use him then he's effectively useless to us so we may as well cash in and move on.  I guess we'll never know if he could've provided us with something because his time here at Liverpool is over - I guess it's just frustrating having watched the guy for some time now and seeing him produce the goods on the international stage (seemed quite decent at Liege too but it's hard to try and determine much because of the relative strengths of the two leagues), that he can't at the very least be given a go at Liverpool.  Of course people will say he got time under Hodgson and while that's not entirely untrue, it's hardly a fair playing ground. I mean compare the likes of Meireles/Maxi/Skrtel etc. under Hodgson and under Kenny - they've all been like new signings.

edit: As for those who say he's greedy and won't accept a pay cut anywhere else, I'd bet my bottom dollar that at of all those labelled deadwood, he will be the first to accept a pay cut and move elsewhere.  He wants to play, he's a fighter - he's effectively been told he's got no future here, he'll move on and that will be that.
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2011 11:41:29 pm by vitez »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #715: Jul 04, 2011 09:24:18 am
      Our very own MJ (hee-HEE) was as effective as Joe Cole was for us last season. :D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #716: Jul 04, 2011 10:00:35 am

Class first post mate...

On topic MJ could be a good player - he did well in Germany but hasent had the game time and now I doubt he will.. He has only cost us in wages so we should just get shot and not hold out for a big fee.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #717: Jul 04, 2011 10:29:39 am
      Hasn't played in Germany ;D.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #718: Jul 04, 2011 10:55:30 am
      The original MJ would have probably been better for this squad, he could have baby sit on match days.  :f_tongueincheek:
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #719: Jul 04, 2011 02:16:02 pm
      The original MJ would have probably been better for this squad, he could have baby sit on match days.  :f_tongueincheek:
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #720: Jul 05, 2011 04:23:21 pm
      Its staggering the amount of money hes reported to be on...
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #721: Jul 05, 2011 07:38:58 pm
      Its staggering the amount of money hes reported to be on...

yes, thank you mr purslow.. i genuinly dont imagine any other club last season put those wages in front of him
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #722: Jul 05, 2011 07:41:26 pm
      Purslow is a total ar*e, some of the player contracts he has cocked up is unreal, Ngog to get an increase, Elzhar to get an increase cause of how many games he has played. I hate what else he has put in players contracts.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #723: Jul 28, 2011 03:54:05 am
      Jovanovic close to Reds exit

Agent says the striker will 'definitely' move to Anderlecht
      Last Updated: July 27, 2011 5:28pm

Milan Jovanovic will 'definitely' move to Belgian side Anderlecht from Liverpool, according to the player's representative.

The 30-year-old striker signed for the Reds from Standard Liege last summer but has failed to make an impact at Anfield, scoring just twice in 18 appearances.

Jovanovic's representative, Dejan Velkovic is optimistic that a deal is about to be agreed, although officials from Anderlecht say the player's wages may scupper the negotiations.

Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck said: "There is a gap between what we can offer and what the player gets at Liverpool."

Talking

The Serbia international is on a reported £65,000 a week at Liverpool, but Veljkovic is adamant that the transfer will go through.

He told Het Nieuwsblad: "Milan will definitely come to Anderlecht.

"We are talking again and everything looks good: the sporting aspects, financial, contributions. We are still a few solutions [away] but there is movement."

Several clubs from the Middle East are believed to be interested in signing the player, but he wants to stay in Europe to help his international career.

Source

Some press say his high asking wage is blocking the move but his agent is so sure of the deal conclusion.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #724: Jul 28, 2011 10:38:41 pm
      This is the first step to a bit of breathing room I hope, needs to go through, even chuck him a sweetner for it to get shut. (No doubt he's getting that anyway in a nice whopping signing on fee!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #725: Aug 02, 2011 09:50:06 pm
      Gone to Anderlecht.

And I never saw him up front for Liverpool.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool -> Anderlect)
      Reply #726: Aug 02, 2011 09:52:50 pm
      Goodbye and good luck. Slowly the bad work done by the previous owners can be eradicated. Free transfers dont look such a bargain when they're sat in the stands chewing up the wage bill
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #727: Aug 02, 2011 09:54:56 pm
      Good news for us in terms of freeing up a part of the wage bill.  Thanks Milan for wanting to play, realising it wasn't going to happen for you here, and actually getting something done about it.  Respect.  Good luck in the future!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #728: Aug 02, 2011 09:59:46 pm
      Think he was on 25k a week.

Heard Poulsen is on 60k and Cole is on 80k.

So a drop in the ocean compared to how much we do need to free up.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #729: Aug 02, 2011 10:03:07 pm
      So the hard work is still ahead so. Who's going to want to pay that much do Poulson? There's is where you break me the bad news and tell me he's on a 3 year contract
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #730: Aug 02, 2011 10:15:22 pm
      So the hard work is still ahead so. Who's going to want to pay that much do Poulson? There's is where you break me the bad news and tell me he's on a 3 year contract

Only 2 years to go ;)
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #731: Aug 02, 2011 10:39:56 pm

I read £60,000 but last year he was getting £120,000 in lieu of a signing on fee (b***ard former owners).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #732: Aug 02, 2011 11:01:40 pm
      I read £60,000 but last year he was getting £120,000 in lieu of a signing on fee (b***ard former owners).

I don't buy that.

If you look at the accounts we pay out our signing on fee straight up - they're covered in the annual report.  And we paid the most in the league last year. (Due to our desire for free signings - who turn out to be anything but).

People are suggesting we are saving £100k a week over the next 3 years for getting rid of him, and that is just completely wrong.  

It's more like £1M a year, not £5m as some people would have you believe.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #733: Aug 03, 2011 02:52:33 am
      It's about time!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #734: Aug 03, 2011 08:59:59 am
      Bye Milan....sorry it was not a sweet journey in Anfield, but you was never meant to be here. Good luck in your future!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #735: Aug 03, 2011 09:05:38 am
      Good luck to him. Shame it didn't work out.

Quick Reply