Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LOST

Read 23498 times
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: LOST
      Reply #115: Apr 03, 2010 10:45:45 am
      ^^ :lmao: So cute! ;D

I liked yesterday's episode even though i've liked all the episodes so far. :D Don't want to say anymore incase i ruin things for people. 
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #116: Apr 09, 2010 04:12:13 am
      The latest episode. Desmond. Top 10 ever.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #117: Apr 09, 2010 11:44:06 am
      The latest episode. Desmond. Top 10 ever.

;D Can't wait to see it. Made up to see Des back :)
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #118: Apr 23, 2010 12:15:39 am
      Anyone else becoming totally disillusioned with Lost?  Apart from a couple of episodes, this season has been very poor IMO and I am getting absolutely no pay off from 6 years of watching it.  The writing, acting and directing has been so sloppy that it makes me wonder if I'm watching the same show that brought us season one. The Richard and Desmond episodes were very good and a few others as well but the majority of them have been downright awful, including the latest one.

Perhaps I'm just suffering after watching the finale of Spartacus: Blood and Sand...that was just mind-blowingly, no holds barred awesomeness. I hope Lost takes a leaf out of its book and learns how to end a series in style. ;)
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #119: Apr 23, 2010 02:52:52 am
      Really, Matt? I think it's funneling into one story nicely. I couldn't be happier.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #120: Apr 25, 2010 12:04:30 am
      Really, Matt? I think it's funneling into one story nicely. I couldn't be happier.

FIRST OF ALL, MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T YET SEEN THE LATEST EPISODE!

Yeah I don't know what it is but I don't get the same thrill from watching Lost this season that I used to.  The main problem I think is far too many pointless characters getting screen time whilst the ones we know and love from season one have been left in the background, or had major character overhauls.  And another thing is the plotholes that will probably never be filled.

The execution of some of the answers has been very poor (eg whispers), whilst the majority of answers we have got had already been suggested by alot of fans.  My major gripe though is some of the dialogue and the acting which has suffered from the poor writing.  Lapidus' madatory one-liners are getting tiresome and me taking a dump is more emotional than Sun and Jin reuniting after 3 years or whatever it was.  Sun hitting a tree and forgetting English...whats that all about?

How does the whispers explanation fit into when we heard them in season one and two?  Why did the Others not leave footprints in season one and two but any time since when we have seen them they have been next to useless?  How did a wooden ship knock down a huge statue with no apparant damage to the ship?  How did Ben summon the smoke monster in season 4 but doesn't know what it is, or how does that fit into what we know about the monster now?  And there's no way in a million years the writers knew in season one when Jack saw his dead dad that he was going to be the smoke monster! 

Lost has always been about the characters for me though, and apart from the new Jack, Desmond and perhaps Jacob and MIB, I just don't really care anymore.  And that is mainly the writers fault. Kate is just hateful, Sawyer is annoying, Sun and Jin are boring, Claire is pointless, Sayid is underused, Ben is just tagging along, Miles and Lapidus are background images, Ilana had potential until she Arzted herself, Flocke is uninteresting (Titus Welliver is far more interesting as MIB), Zoe is the worst character ever (even worse than Nikki and Paulo) and Widmore is the worst baddie(?) ever!

Rant over!  I will retract this post if the next episode blows me away, which I suspect it might from what I've read of it. ;)
      RedWilly

• 9,182 posts | 1631 
      Reply #121: Apr 26, 2010 03:14:32 pm
      Finally caught up on Lost, So I have ventured into this thread!

Think season 6 has taken on a different direction from the previous seasons, in previous seasons, each episode carried the storyline a little but further, this season however, it seems to focus on charaters story's at the expense of the bigger picture.

Still worth watching, just because I've got his far! Also, Sawyer is God!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #122: Apr 28, 2010 05:11:07 pm
      I missed last week's so I'm gona watch a double bill this week.

Getting closer to the end now :D can't bloody wait to find out what's going to happen cos i've still got no idea :laugh:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #123: Apr 28, 2010 05:25:25 pm
      Just realised the next episode isn't til next week.

Well atleast I'll have one to watch this week.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #124: Apr 28, 2010 05:59:06 pm
      Just realised the next episode isn't til next week.

Well atleast I'll have one to watch this week.

Wait..you mean Sky One isn't showing an episode this week? Do you know why?
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #125: Apr 28, 2010 06:42:55 pm
      Wait..you mean Sky One isn't showing an episode this week? Do you know why?

No new episode this week, B. They showed a re-run last night of "Ab Aeterno".
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #126: Apr 29, 2010 01:44:13 am
      They usually do this. Like a week or two off in the middle of a season without any episodes.

Back to normal next week though.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #127: May 05, 2010 07:13:00 am
      I promised a friend that I would watch all the episodes I havent seen yet before the final one is on tv. As I said before in this thread, I'm still in the 2nd season :D

Even though I made that promise such a long time ago, I've only re-started to watch LOST today :D Finishing 2nd season in the next few days, than I will have less than 3 weeks to watch about 60 or 70 episodes... hahaha
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #128: May 05, 2010 02:21:23 pm
      http://www.watchxonline.com/category/688-season-6.php - you get the episodes a few days early
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #129: May 08, 2010 01:49:09 pm
      Well?!

It's Saturday morning and I know it airs over there on Fridays. Any reactions? What did you think of THAT?

It's a good time to look away if you haven't watched The Candidate.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #130: May 08, 2010 01:52:41 pm
      I've got 2 episodes ready to watch!!

First time i've had the will power to miss it for a week (actually 2 weeks considering the week off they had)

Can't wait!! ;D ;D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #131: May 08, 2010 01:55:21 pm
      That was a really sad episode!! What the f**k is Locke up to??

You're going to love the episodes Ally. I'm considering getting all the boxsets and watching it ALL in one go in the summer after my exams. ;D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #132: May 08, 2010 02:44:23 pm
      Haha :D I was waiting for your reaction on that, B.

SPOILER

I read an interview on EW.com where the producers basically said that they did it so you would lose all sentimentality for the thing posing as Locke. Forget him. He's gone. The new occupant is not a nice guy. We still don't know Widmore's true intentions, though, and I suspect they'll drag that one out.

Ally...you're gonna be rivetted to this epi!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #133: May 11, 2010 12:01:26 am
      Really liked The Candidate, primarily because Jack and Locke are the cornerstones of the whole show.  Jack v Locke is the essence of what made me love Lost in the first place and to see Jack especially, come full circle from Man of Science to Man of Faith is very pleasing.  His mentor (the real Locke) would be so proud. ;)

I still have problems with dialogue, continuity issues and other things but hopefully the last few episodes will put all that to one side and we'll be blown away by what unfolds.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #134: May 14, 2010 06:36:34 am
      I'm posting here very carefully cause I dont wanna read any spoilers.

But I've just watched 4x05 episode - The Constant.

That was brilliant. I'm so excited I'll probably watch more 3 or 4 episodes before I go to bed. And it's 1:40 am here! :D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #135: May 14, 2010 01:27:27 pm
      I'm posting here very carefully cause I dont wanna read any spoilers.

But I've just watched 4x05 episode - The Constant.

That was brilliant. I'm so excited I'll probably watch more 3 or 4 episodes before I go to bed. And it's 1:40 am here! :D

Quite possibly my favorite episode ever, Diego.
      RedWilly

• 9,182 posts | 1631 
      Reply #136: May 14, 2010 09:57:07 pm
      Watched the new episode, Across the sea. I suppose it does help piece everything together, but found it a bit boring to be honest!
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #137: May 14, 2010 10:45:31 pm
      Watched the new episode, Across the sea. I suppose it does help piece everything together, but found it a bit boring to be honest!

Yeah, I think the producers knew that, too. It was always going to be a tough sell without the main players but I'm glad they did it. I'll judge it when all the cards are shown, but for now I'll say that I sorta wish they'd done it sooner in THIS season and not with three hours to go. It kinda kills the momentum.

Quick Reply