Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LOST

Read 23525 times
      __ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Re: LOST
      Reply #138: May 14, 2010 10:59:34 pm
      Hahahah poor Diego. We calculated that he will still need to watch about 4 episodes a day if he wants to finish in time for the finale.

I'm really jealous of him.. so much he will still see, while i'm only getting 2 new episodes :(. Can't F***ing wait.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #139: May 14, 2010 11:11:37 pm
      It was 1:40 am and I had just finished watching 4x05. It's 6 pm now, and I just finished watching 4x12. Oh yes.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #140: May 14, 2010 11:16:43 pm
      'The Constant' is highly regarded as one of, if not the best episode ever of Lost and it'd be hard to argue against that.  Lost writers (Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse) at their best.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

It is safe to say that 'Across the Sea' is not Lindelof's or Cuse' best.  Actually I'd argue that it is their worst written episode and perhaps knocking on 'What Kate Does' as worst of the season.  In an episode that was supposed to answer questions, it seems we actually get more questions and the answers we do get are vague at best.  Lost usually does these kind of mythology laden, take the foot off the gas episodes well ( a la Ab Aeterno, The Man Behind the Curtain) but this was terrible IMO.  I even felt bad for Titus Welliver and Mark Pellegrino (MIB and Jacob) for the material they had to play with and luckily, the good actors that they are, they managed to do a half decent job.

I agree with you Brooklyn Red, it would have been better earlier on in the season.  It might have even fit better in season 2 or 3 but to have it as the penultimate penultimate episode, was very very disappointing and severely underwhelming!

I know for a fact the final two episodes will be epic though. ;)
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #141: May 14, 2010 11:39:29 pm
      Couldn't agree more with your dissatisfaction, Matt. The script/story was very thin. They should have asked ABC to grant them an extra 30 minutes. The script was both rushed and forced and the actors felt somewhat like strangers.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #142: May 14, 2010 11:45:28 pm
      Agreed with pretty much all that has been said, to me, the episode seemed like one that the writers wanted to throw in, to explain the background to Jacob and Mr.Smokey, but they really had no idea how to get their point across! The finale had better be an explosive...but I still can't see where it's going, especially with only 2 episodes to get everything in!
      __ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Reply #143: May 15, 2010 12:23:29 am
      I also agree with everything said about 'Across the Sea'.

I'm not to sure about this 'magic light in the cave' thing. I imagined something less insubstantial.

SPOILER

What do you guys think about Frank's status? I'm really hoping he's still alive and well.. One of LOST's coolest characters, for sure. I believe that if he was really dead, he's name would at least be mentioned by the peeps at the beach.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #144: May 15, 2010 12:50:55 pm
      Not much to say about that latest episode since others have already expressed exactly how i felt about it as well. It was a let down.

Can't believe next week is the final episodes! Time's flown by, i remember getting excited about the final season when i first saw the promos for it on Sky One. :D

Here's to hoping we finally get some answers and the season finishes off in style!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #145: May 18, 2010 07:58:45 am
      Agreed, thought it was an unnecessary episode. What a load of crap that light in the tunnel was. Made the whole episode feel cheap and really unbelievable.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #146: May 21, 2010 12:33:35 am
      Decent enough episode the other night. Can't believe the end is only three nights away.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #147: May 21, 2010 02:42:36 pm
      Was quite a good episode, the last one.  Certainly set up well for the finale.  It's gonna be a sad occasion on Sunday night/Monday morning to see Lost end.

For anybody as sad as me, Sky1 are showing the finale simultaneously with the showing on US TV so 5am Monday morning it'll be on.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #148: May 21, 2010 02:46:07 pm
      FYI

'Lost' to address unanswered mysteries with DVD extras
      Lost fans are already sweating the prospect that Sunday’s series won’t resolve their favorite pet mystery or most burning question. For those left wanting, there is hope: EW has confirmed a TV Guide report that the producers plan to address a selection of baffling bits of unfinished business on the season 6 DVD, which goes on sale in August. An ABC insider says the set will include “new content that addresses some of the unanswered questions in an entertaining way,” though disputed reports that there could be as much as 20 minutes worth of mystery-resolution material.

While Lost die-hards probably needed no incentive to invest in the DVD, the promise of extra revelation will no doubt increase the chances that they will make the purchase the second it becomes available. What do you think of the move? On one hand, I can see fans feeling grateful that producers are looking out for their interests. On the other hand, I can see them irked that none of the DVD stuff was in the (free-to-watch) show. Getting past that: which mysteries should get addressed? Personally, I’d like to know more about the Dharma palette drop (season 2) and Jacob’s cabin (season 3 and 5). How about you?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/20/lost-dvd-extras/
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #149: May 21, 2010 03:26:19 pm
      ^^^ Ooh...interesting. I hope they haven't left many unanswered questions though, trying to get as many people as they can to buy the DVD's. :-\

Sunday's is going to be an exciting day! Watch 24 at 9pm then House, go sleep for a couple of hours and then wake up at 5am to watch Lost. Love it!! :laugh: 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #150: May 21, 2010 08:59:10 pm
      Finished watching 5th season last night. Now I have 3 days to watch the 6th.

Come on Diego! :P
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #151: May 21, 2010 10:16:57 pm
      Should be a piece of cake, Diego! ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #152: May 21, 2010 10:27:23 pm
      I cannot wait for Monday morning.

Bit gutted it's ending now though.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #153: May 22, 2010 09:46:36 pm
      I've got 4 episodes to catch up on before the finale! :o

Haven't watched it in ages. Got 2 exams on monday so after them I'll have time to watch the last episodes

Can't wait ;D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #154: May 23, 2010 04:00:02 pm
      Who in the UK is getting up at 5am then?
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #155: May 23, 2010 04:02:56 pm

Me...hopefully!! I can't wait! ;D Although i might cry afterwards when its all over. :D
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #156: May 23, 2010 07:39:10 pm
      Cannot wait for the finale now! I've got 2 exams tomorrow so there's no chance I'll be staying up til 5 in the morning to watch it :(

Have to just record it and watch it as soon as I get home.

Anyway, here's some of my thoughts going into the finale:

SPOILER ALERT! (Highlight the text below to read)

For me the big question to be answered is the 2 parallel storylines: 1 where the H bomb worked successfully leading to the characters successfully landing the plane and living their lives as normal - or so it would seem. The characters seem to have memories of what happened on the island but how can this be if the H bomb caused this to never happen? Des seems to know more about it than the rest of them too.
      The other story on the island where the H bomb didn't destroy the island as intended and the story continued from the end of season 5. The people want to leave but they have unfinished business on the island.
      How can they explain the 2 parallel universes? Or are they actually both happening? I think Des is rounding the people up who avoided the plane crash to take them back to the island for some reason. Could be anything, maybe to help stop the smoke monster or maybe something that Des has had a revelation about. He does seem to be alot wiser to what's going on than the others in the off-the-island story.
      Also, remember in the 1st episode of the season where at the end it cut to a shot of the island underwater and the statue was destroyed to just a foot (as it was in the previous seasons)? At first i thought that was just what had happened to the island after the H bomb was detonated, but maybe that does prove that there are 2 parallel worlds- That being the state of the island in the universe where the plane landed successfully.
      It can rack your brain if you think about it too much!

Another big part being the situation between the remaining candidates, (or can you not call them that anymore since Jack is now the chosen one), well, the monster said he needed them to all leave together but it became clear that he just wanted them all to be together to kill them all. Plus, since the monster is just indestructible, why didn't he just kill them all by himself? As Jack rightly pointed out on the sub, he can not. The same way he had to find someone else to kill Jacob for him, now he has to find a way to kill all the remaining candidates without actually doing so himself. But now that Jack has chosen himself as the new Jacob, does this mean that Kate, Sawyer and Hurley are all meaningless and the monster can now harm them? And why do they all need to die before he can leave?
      Not to forget Desmond. Why is he a "failsafe". The only difference with him is that he can withstand electromagnetic sort of forces  but why is that so important in stopping the monster?

I reckon the H bomb caused not an alternate universe, but an alternate set of people maybe. Juliet's last words were, "It worked". That never got fully explained but I think between the bomb going off, and the rest of them finding juliet buried under the rubble, something happened to her. Maybe she was somehow able to see the alternate world, hence saying "it worked". If there are 2 of each person now, how would that work? Maybe they'll come to the island (i know i said this before already), by which time Kate, Sawyer and Hurley, Ben and the others would have been killed. Except for Jack. Desmond will play a massive part in that should it happen.

So many possibilities! Just can't wait to find out ;D ;D
      Hope i didn't bor or confuse you too much? ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #157: May 23, 2010 10:25:33 pm

I am! But to go to work :(
      __ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Reply #158: May 24, 2010 12:21:39 am
      Can't f***in wait
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #159: May 24, 2010 02:59:31 am
      I FINISHED IT.

The last episode is about to start in the US. I just finished watching the 6x16 episode.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #160: May 24, 2010 03:14:04 am
      Even though I made that promise such a long time ago, I've only re-started to watch LOST today :D Finishing 2nd season in the next few days, than I will have less than 3 weeks to watch about 60 or 70 episodes... hahaha

It was May 05. I re-started watching LOST from 2x10.

Its May 23th and I finished it.  :action-smiley-035:

84 episodes in 19 days

Quick Reply