Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LOST

Read 23387 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: LOST
      Reply #161: May 24, 2010 03:42:08 am

You have no idea how much I envy you. :P  I've had to endure every hiatus and every week long break for 6 years, and I haven't watched an episode on TV since the season 2 finale on Channel 4 in UK because I'm too impatient to wait.  Kinda fitting that I'll watch the last ever episode on TV...thank you Sky!

Its just sinking in for me now that in about 5 hours time(for me anyway), it'll all be over. :(
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #162: May 24, 2010 08:30:37 am
      Just amazing that was, absolutely amazing! The perfect ending but I know a lot of people will hate it.  For me anyway, it surpassed all my expectations.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #163: May 24, 2010 08:34:28 am
      Loved the ending.

One of the best TV finales ever.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #164: May 24, 2010 08:40:03 am
      Typical of the series, left me feeling a little lost - but was great all the same! Only just gotten back into it of late cos the missus likes it, but gonna have to get all the dvds and watch again :D
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #165: May 24, 2010 09:23:00 am
      I had to build up my courage to come back into this thread incase I seen a spoiler, thanks for not spoiling it guys :) I still haven't seen it. Which is the reason I'm staying off facebook all day. I'm not taking any chances with idiots posting statuses like "wow I can't believe the island was the new version of big brother" or "omg can't believe that Jack and Sawyer were both gay and were having an affair from the start!"
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #166: May 24, 2010 10:12:59 am
      Just amazing that was, absolutely amazing! The perfect ending but I know a lot of people will hate it.  For me anyway, it surpassed all my expectations.

There's no way in the world Lost would finish with an obvious ending. Those who are eager for direct answers will probably hate.

But I thought it was brilliant. Beautiful scenes that make you think and reflect.

I dont really know what to say. And I dont wanna spoil anything for those who havent watched yet.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #167: May 24, 2010 10:28:54 am
      Come on Ally, we're all waiting for you to watch the final episode so we can all discuss it on here. :D

First of all, it was definitely worth waking up at 5 in the morning just to watch it. I loved it and i think that was probably the best way to end it, i'm very glad it ended like that.

Just need to the box-sets now so i too can watch 84 episodes in 19 days. :D
      __ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Reply #168: May 24, 2010 04:36:01 pm
      What a fantastic ending to a wonderful story. LOST will be missed.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #169: May 24, 2010 07:04:10 pm
      Come on Ally, we're all waiting for you to watch the final episode so we can all discuss it on here. :D

It's downloading right now! My nan never sky +'d and it's not out on the UK itunes store yet so it's downloading on a torrent. Taking bloody ages aswell!! :( Can't wait to for it now.

Glad to hear that everyone's happy about it too :)

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #170: May 25, 2010 01:58:27 am
      First time I watched a full Lost episode. My missus is a big fan. I got it and had to explain it. She said its not like the rest of it but I liked it. Then again I am a spiritual person
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #171: May 25, 2010 02:58:51 am
      I was planning on watching the last episode but told i shouldn't bother seeing as i haven't seen a single one of the other episodes.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #172: May 25, 2010 04:20:11 am
      You may wonder why I am up at almost half 3 in the morning.

I finally got to watch the end :)

Absolutely awesome. It's hard to understand what happened straight away but once you get what happened, it's amazing.

And i don't mind admitting that i cried for the last 10 minutes and still am now :')

Perfect way to finish an amazing show. What a ride it's been. Thankyou LOST :')
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #173: May 25, 2010 04:25:50 am
      My thoughts as well that!

Think the end, when Jack died and they focused on his eyes shutting - so fitting, as his eyes opening was the beginning of the series as well.

Though ive missed a couple seasons in the middle, i got back into it and caught myself up with my missus filling me in on the details. Now i really wanna get all the DVD's and watch it all from start to finish!
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #174: May 25, 2010 04:32:23 am
      I've never watched a single episode , maybe i will one day . Iwatched the whole series of Sopranos over a weekend on dvd and it was awesome ;)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #175: May 25, 2010 04:57:50 am
      I liked it when all the weird sh*t was going on with the hatch in series 1, then I lost interest.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #176: May 25, 2010 10:21:03 am
      There were loads of tears shed by me. The scene with Vincent laying beside Jack as he was dying was just so beautiful! :'(

Just one question, why didn't Walt and Michael appear at all in the last episode?
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #177: May 25, 2010 10:55:46 am
      So has everybody seen it then?  We allowed to talk about it? :D

STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!

I've watched it 3 times now and teared up every time at the end, the first time I even had to hold back the sobs. Really emotional and perfect in every way.  Jack and Vincent at the end was one of the saddest things I've ever seen, especially saddening to see my favourite character come full circle and see his journey come to an end.  I always knew it would end with Jack closing his eye. ;)

^ ^ ^ I think Michael is still trapped on the island, whispering with the other dead.  And the actor that played Walt is absolutely huge and aged a lot so I don't think there was any way for the writers to include him in the story...that probably affected Michael's story too.

My favourite scene was that scene on the cliff, in the rain with Jack and Locke running at each other.  I got goosebumps seeing that Matrix style flying punch from Jack and then cut to black for the adverts!  The camera work and score for that was F***ing awesome! ;D

They must have been saving some of their budget for the finale because earlier on in the season some episodes looked really cheap and low-budget.  The last episode though was movie quality.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #178: May 25, 2010 04:07:53 pm
      You've watched it 3 times!! Lucky ba... ;D

I would have loved to known more about Walt's magical powers but with him ageing i guess it would have been difficult to get his storyline in.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #179: May 25, 2010 04:29:08 pm
      Just watched the final scene again. And cried again!

Such a sweet moment when vincent sits down next to Jack. Don't know how anyone could manage to hold back the tears watching that scene.

The way it ends with Jack lying on the floor in the bamboo fields looking at the sky, smiling :) and then his eye closes.
      So happy and so sad for obvious reasons :')

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #180: May 25, 2010 04:48:27 pm
      Had to change my avatar<<< :D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #181: May 25, 2010 04:59:21 pm
      ^^ Haha...love it! Its making me sad just looking at it.

Also, the latest member to sign up to the forum is Hugo. Are you all picturing the member as a certain someone? :D

I'm going to miss Lost. :(
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #182: May 25, 2010 05:22:20 pm
      ^^ Haha...love it! Its making me sad just looking at it.

Also, the latest member to sign up to the forum is Hugo. Are you all picturing the member as a certain someone? :D

I'm going to miss Lost. :(

Me too :(

But when i saw the characters having the flashbacks in the finale, brought back some great memories. I'm gona have to buy the boxsets and watch them all over again :)

On that note, what was everyone's favourite moment from Lost?

Mine could possibly be the end of season 1 when it finished with Jack and Locke peering into the hatch after blowing it open. Loved the end of season 3 aswell where it finished with Jack shouting "we have to go back kate! WE HAVE TO GO BACK" and you realised it was a flashforward.

Generally just the feeling of a lost finale. The typical image of Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Ben, Hugo etc walking through the jungle with guns, dynamite or whatever, and you get that excited feeling that something awesome was about to happen!

What did everyone enjoy most ?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #183: May 25, 2010 07:09:11 pm
      Was a really brilliant ending, really did it justice!

I don't really have a favourite part, but I do think the series lost something after the real Locke died, he was a fantastic character, although I realize that he had to die to progress the story. I really enjoyed the first series, because it was so fresh, and different. And always seeing Locke and Jack at each others throats was brilliant!...Only for Jack to become just like Locke in the end.

It took me a while to work out what had happened after watching the finale, but once you get your head around it, you really do appreciate it. Gonna miss it! I only started watching it at the end of Feb!

Quick Reply