Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

HJC FundRaising - Awareness Night [Saturday 13th March 2010]

Read 28658 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: HJC FundRaising - Awareness Night [Saturday 13th March 2010]
      Reply #115: Mar 14, 2010 04:44:50 pm
      By the way Gow, I think I got the wrong pizza! It had sweetcorn and chicken on it! Is that what I ordered because I never order that type.  ;D

Erm, I got that as well, chicken, sweetcorn and pineapple. Nice.

Am still eating it  :D

Edit:  Just looked at it more closely, and in fact its got peppers on it, not sweetcorn.  Think I might be scoffing yours  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2010 05:01:47 pm by smigger15 »
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #116: Mar 14, 2010 04:46:18 pm
      Hope you all had a boss night and wish I could of been there but moving to Scotland has isolated me from such events. Damn I wish I stayed in Liverpool ;D.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #117: Mar 14, 2010 05:23:23 pm
      Get a move on with those piccies Kenny lad, must of been some decent ones from the night.

An Gow, how do you see outta them glasses? It was all proper blurry when I had them on :laugh:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #118: Mar 14, 2010 05:25:55 pm
      Funny that Billy - it's the other way round for me ;)
      mikeb58
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #119: Mar 14, 2010 05:40:06 pm
      Well looks likes everyone  had a great time,the place was rocking!

You couldn't move in there, the place was heaving, about 200 people turned up, which was just right for the venue. The way the tables were layed out, it made for a fantastic atmosphere, and you really couldn't sqeeeze any more people in !

Everything went to plan, I set out an approx running order of who was on when etc and thanks to Keith (the compere), the 2 acts and Carl (the D.J) ) those times were near enough met.

Keith also did a brilliant job with the auction and his 'dutch' auction, he kept it going until he got every last penny out of the bidders !

Andrew Coleman was superb, this young fella who is visually impaired, put on a cracking little show with a wide variety of types of music.

The Scottish Scousers, as you'd expect had the dance floor heaving with there choice of footy and non footy songs, with a great disco in between the acts the music was flowing all night.

The reason it all took place of course though was to support the HJC and all they stand for, Steve (Kelly) made one of a few very moving speechs towards the end of the night, I have to admit somebody did make it difficult for him while he was speaking, but Steve said his piece in a restraint and dignified manner, nice one mate (you suit the macca wig by the way!)

Not sure exactly what the auction made, nothing went for much under £200 and predictably the signed Torres jersey made the most dosh at £270 I think, 5 signed jerseys were auctioned all together.

We ended up with tons of great raffle prizes, about 20 odd HJC carrier bags filled with stuff, some of that even signed (the thommo things) plus lots of non footy prizes inc a meal for 2 at the Malmaison Hotel, florist voucher for £50 and a £50 beauty voucher, all kindly donated prizes.

Great of course to see Gerry there (on the mend) Sheila and Kenny all from the HJC, the Celtic lads, who somehow unfurled there massive banner at one stage, to great applause !

A great night it looked was had by all, thanks again to faith healer for all his help, and to everyone else that turned up or supported this event though some other way, big or small, it all helped in making this a really great and very successfull evening.....thanks again.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #120: Mar 14, 2010 05:47:44 pm
      The reason it all took place of course though was to support the HJC and all they stand for, Steve (Kelly) made one of a few very moving speechs towards the end of the night, I have to admit somebody did make it difficult for him while he was speaking, but Steve said his piece in a restraint and dignified manner, nice one mate (you suit the macca wig by the way!)

Well said Mike and especially this bit above. Steve's a really nice fella and it's a shame someone tried to make it difficult for him. But it didn't put a downer on a great night which was well organised by yourself. So well done to you mate.

And it was good to meet the Faith Healer too! Sound fella.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #121: Mar 14, 2010 06:00:32 pm
      Hope you all had a boss night and wish I could of been there but moving to Scotland has isolated me from such events. Damn I wish I stayed in Liverpool ;D.

Come down for our Charity 'do', some are coming from Wales and Ireland.  Go on, you know you want to  ;)
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #122: Mar 14, 2010 06:03:09 pm
      Come down for our Charity 'do', some are coming from Wales and Ireland.  Go on, you know you want to  ;)

Sounds like a plan, I think I will try make that my time to meet some of you, put names to faces.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #123: Mar 14, 2010 06:04:22 pm
      Well in. You know it makes sense.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #124: Mar 14, 2010 06:04:55 pm
      Thanks to you as well Mike, we had a brilliant night.  It was well organised and raised lots of cash.  Again, like Kenny, it was great to meet The Faith Healer and Murph, both nice fellas.

Here's to the next one  ;D :ernaehrung004:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #125: Mar 14, 2010 06:40:03 pm
      Once again, a big well done to everybody involved on the night!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #126: Mar 14, 2010 06:47:33 pm
      Well I'm not quite sure how I managed to drive home today after last night, I think I had just a teeny bit to much to drink  :o felt a bit ropey this morning and I must say I wasn't looking forward to a 100 mile journey home, it's a good job it wasn't too busy.

Anyway, well in to everyone who organised, donated and supported last night, these kind of events take some arranging and I don't think some people appreciate the amount of work that goes in to making events like this a success.

So a massive WELL DONE  :clap: from me.

The LFC reds were in fine form again and it was boss to spend an evening with a fine bunch of people.

Feel knackered now, an early night is in order for me.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #127: Mar 14, 2010 06:51:25 pm
      Well I'm not quite sure how I managed to drive home today after last night, I think I had just a teeny bit to much to drink  :o felt a bit ropey this morning and I must say I wasn't looking forward to a 100 mile journey home, it's a good job it wasn't too busy.

Anyway, well in to everyone who organised, donated and supported last night, these kind of events take some arranging and I don't think some people appreciate the amount of work that goes in to making events like this a success.

So a massive WELL DONE  :clap: from me.

The LFC reds were in fine form again and it was boss to spend an evening with a fine bunch of people.

Feel knackered now, an early night is in order for me.

Good night wasnt it MsG? Glad you got home safe and sound hun.  I'm having an early one myself tonight, even though I fell asleep on the sofa earlier,  I'm picking Kenny up tomorrow to go and sort out the insurance and the volunteer badges for our stint in Tesco's selling raffle tickets, quite looking forward to selling tickets in Tesco, we should make a mint  ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #128: Mar 14, 2010 06:55:47 pm
      Just looking through some of the pics here, ta Kenny mate.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #129: Mar 14, 2010 07:09:30 pm
      There's some boss pics! That first one of redlawler with the Dirk Kuyt picture creased me up!! :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #130: Mar 14, 2010 07:26:31 pm
      Good night wasnt it MsG? Glad you got home safe and sound hun.  I'm having an early one myself tonight, even though I fell asleep on the sofa earlier,  I'm picking Kenny up tomorrow to go and sort out the insurance and the volunteer badges for our stint in Tesco's selling raffle tickets, quite looking forward to selling tickets in Tesco, we should make a mint  ;D

It was indeed Smiggs  :D Looking forward to seeing Kenny's piccys (cheers hun) Hope you and Kenny get on alright tomorrow, I'll text you to see how it went.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #131: Mar 14, 2010 07:32:06 pm
      It was indeed Smiggs  :D Looking forward to seeing Kenny's piccys (cheers hun) Hope you and Kenny get on alright tomorrow, I'll text you to see how it went.

You gotta check the piccies out, there's some right good ones in there  :D
      mikeb58
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #132: Mar 14, 2010 07:47:45 pm
      Great to meet up with some of you last night, sorry, but only had time for a quick chat at the end, so hope you all enjoyed the night, and thanks again to you all for turning up and supporting this cause.
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #133: Mar 14, 2010 10:58:59 pm
      Was a cracking night, Young Reds, Old Reds, Reds from all over the World, BOSS meeting faces from match going Reds personally I hadn't seen for years and years, some cracking yarn's exchanged and given out lot's of new faces met.

Cracking turn out, thank you to everyone who turned up, hope you all enjoyed the event and got home safely.

Hillsborough Justice Campaign

Justice for all. 
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #134: Mar 14, 2010 11:21:23 pm
      Thanks to you as well Mike, we had a brilliant night.  It was well organised and raised lots of cash.  Again, like Kenny, it was great to meet The Faith Healer and Murph, both nice fellas.

Here's to the next one  ;D :ernaehrung004:

Young Lady,

Just sent you a PM with my contact details, I said I would help, my word is my bond, sorry can't remember your first name, I think I had too many wine gums.

Mods could you have a look at my account set up and ensure any PM's are notified to my e mail address, I'm not very good at this inter web malarky.

Did any of you take pictures of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign flag, behind your mob, it's not been shown on any LFC site as far as I know.

Cheers.

The Faith Healer.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #135: Mar 14, 2010 11:53:27 pm
      Do you mean this one?

(from redkenny)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #136: Mar 15, 2010 12:13:51 am
      Nice swan Gow!

Mods could you have a look at my account set up and ensure any PM's are notified to my e mail address, I'm not very good at this inter web malarky.

Did any of you take pictures of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign flag, behind your mob, it's not been shown on any LFC site as far as I know.

Cheers.

The Faith Healer.

Alright mate. Good to meet you last night and thanks for your input on this forum, much appreciated. Your account is set to give you email confirmation when you get a PM. So you should be receiving them?

As for too many wine gums, I had well more than a fair share.  ;)

Take care mate. YNWA

By the way, is there any pics of the Celtic banner? I tried to take a pic but found it very difficult as I was helping to hold the massive great big thing up.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #137: Mar 15, 2010 09:35:03 am
      Young Lady,

Just sent you a PM with my contact details, I said I would help, my word is my bond, sorry can't remember your first name, I think I had too many wine gums.

Cheers.

The Faith Healer.

Cheers FH, I've got your email address, I'll contact you as soon as  ;)

Quick Reply