Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC director Tom Hicks Jnr abusive email, and resignation

Read 26680 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      LFC director Tom Hicks Jnr abusive email, and resignation
      Jan 09, 2010 09:28:52 pm
      Liverpool director Tom Hicks Jnr 'abused fanā€™ via email
      Relations between Liverpool fans and the clubā€™s owners plumbed new depths on Saturday night when Tom Hicks Jnr, a director at Anfield, was accused of sending an abusive email to a supporter concerned over the Premier League sideā€™s financial future.

Hicks Jr is alleged to have called the fan an ā€œidiotā€ after receiving an email containing a web link to a newspaper article concerning the challenge facing the Liverpool manager, Rafael BenĆ­tez, to cope with the clubā€™s Ā£240million debt while keeping the team competitive.
      Just before 4am on Friday in Texas (10am in the UK), where Hicks and his father, Tom, are based, Hicks is alleged to have sent a second message, reading: ā€œGo to hell. Iā€™m sick of you.ā€

Ian Ayre and Philip Nash, the clubā€™s commercial and financial directors, were both copied in on the email, sent via the web servers of Hicks Holdings, but sources at Liverpool insist neither received a message.

The club would not comment. Paul Rice, chairman of Spirit of Shankly, the Liverpool supportersā€™ union, said: ā€œThe comment is behaviour unbecoming a director of Liverpool Football Club and as such Tom Hicks Jnrā€™s position as a director is untenable.ā€

Liverpool were looking into the incident on Saturday night but the fansā€™ reaction highlights once again the tension between boardroom and stands at Anfield since Hicks senior and his business partner, George Gillett, bought the club almost three years ago. They remain heavily in debt.

Christian Purslow, the clubā€™s managing director, is seeking investors to take a 25 per cent stake in Liverpool for Ā£100million in a bid to provide capital to restart work on the new stadium.
      That may come too late for BenĆ­tez, who can only spend what he can raise. The Spaniardā€™s Ā£1.2million capture of Maxi Rodriguez, the Argentine winger, is likely to be just one of two budget acquisitions by the club as they scramble to qualify for next seasonā€™s Champions League.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/6958326/Liverpool-director-Tom-Hicks-Jnr-abused-fan-via-email.html

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2010 03:51:03 pm by JD »
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Re: Liverpool director Tom Hicks Jnr 'abused fanā€™ via email
      Reply #1: Jan 09, 2010 09:46:57 pm
      Complete disgrace from Hicks Jnr. he should be ashamed of himself...
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #2: Jan 09, 2010 09:48:27 pm
      Disgraceful. But, what this does show is that at least they know we want them out. Which in turn shows they don't give a crap, and really are here to just make a buck. Disgracefull dog turd behaviour.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Jan 09, 2010 09:56:00 pm
      Useless and unnecessary, like father like son.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Jan 09, 2010 09:56:17 pm
      It's worse than a disgrace. The cheeky f**ker has got no right to talk to Liverpool fans like that.

I understand some people have lost faith in Rafa and they have their reasons for it. But this is another in a long line of examples that Liverpool FC is severely in deep sh*t with these tw*ts. And that is the problem.

This is the same rat who thought he could swan into the Sandon like he owns the place and ended up getting spat at.

Can't explain how angry this has made me feel.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5: Jan 09, 2010 09:58:21 pm
      Disgraceful. But, what this does show is that at least they know we want them out. Which in turn shows they don't give a crap, and really are here to just make a buck. Disgracefull dog turd behaviour.
      What do you expect they are bussiness men here to make money not to fullfill the dreams of Liverpool supporters. Especially being American bussiness men who are more ruthless than most. Unless you are taken over by someone who loves the club, the likes of Jack Walker then its a bussines nothing else, there to make money nothing else
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Jan 09, 2010 09:58:29 pm
      I would like to see the e-mail conversations to be honest. Calling someone an idiot is not really "abuse". But I guess Hicks Jr is the idiot for having e-mail conversations with a Fan, and not forwarding the questioning e-mail to the appropriate dept.

If this is true, and there is no reason why it should not be, it really does compound our belief of their total disregard for the club and fans.

I am sure the Telegraph, can verify the authenticity to the e-mails as they did with the MP's expense.

H&G out.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2010 10:02:11 pm
      I love how he has that Title of "Director". He's a spoiled sh*t who probably doesn't even know what a gallon of gas costs. It must be good to have a rich father who gives you a Football club to play with.

I also heard he almost got an ass kicking at a pub in Liverpool. Someone realized who it was and they started sh*t with him, but because he's a pussy, he had armed security w/ him and had to run out of the exit. f***in' asshole.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2010 10:06:19 pm
      More like Tom Pr*ck Junior, no way to speak to a member of the Family

F*ck off back to america, in fact get lost in the Bermuda triangle....w*nker!!
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2010 10:07:18 pm
      both are  :jackoff:
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2010 10:07:47 pm
      More like Tom Pr*ck Junior, no way to speak to a member of the Family

F*ck off back to america, in fact get lost in the Bermuda triangle....w*nker!!

Only if.....
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2010 10:09:17 pm

We're all allowed to wish fella........just wish that my wish would come true for once :lmao:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2010 11:05:53 pm
      Just shows the ineptitude of the fckers in control of the club .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Jan 09, 2010 11:08:27 pm
      Disgraced but not surprised. Sadly.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Jan 09, 2010 11:11:33 pm
      c**t.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2010 11:15:28 pm
      Small images of said emails in first post, from ClickLFC.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #16: Jan 09, 2010 11:21:43 pm
      When you thought it couldn't get any worse.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Jan 09, 2010 11:36:12 pm
      The self proclaimed "custodians" of Liverpool football club. But this is how they talk to the true owners of Liverpool, its fans .Beyond disgraceful beyond belief that a person running the club would dare talk in that manner to a fan and a fan who was concened enough to write to him!!

If this doesnt become a bigger story that leads to heads rolling well then we truly know what weve always believed and thats these yank c**ts are here only to make money and not for the sucess of Liverpool football club.

F**k all of you who are destroying my club. I hope you end up on your knees down and out and suffer  
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010 10:54:05 am by Brian78 »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #18: Jan 09, 2010 11:43:42 pm
      F***ing c**t Hicks. I hate them, i really F***ing HATE THEM!!!!!!!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #19: Jan 09, 2010 11:53:51 pm
      Like father,like son.I'ts no excuse that they are "businessmen" looking only at profit,I won't mind the club being profitable as long as it's run to our traditional values,with respect to Manager,players and fans,and they use their own money to build the promised stadium,without heaping more debt on the club.Ffs if they're such good businessmen they would know that they would be the beneficiaries of this investment.The real truth is that they expect us the fans/club to pay for it,and if the gobsh*tes think I am going to pay into their "pension fund",they can (what's the term?),oh yes,f*ck right off.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #20: Jan 09, 2010 11:54:05 pm
      can't describe the hate I have for them. Yet it amazes me how the fan got hold of his e-mail. pretty funny if you ask me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21: Jan 10, 2010 12:22:56 am
      So Hicks Jnr sent -

ā€œGo to hell. Iā€™m sick of you"

Funny that, we feel that way about you, your father and GG.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #22: Jan 10, 2010 01:09:18 am
      The disrespectful little c*nt. Wish there was some way we could get rid of the f*cking lot of them yank sh*t stains right now. They have insulted LFC and the fans with their antics since taking over and now they are resulting to personally insulting individuals who question them.

Seriously, if I woke up in the morning, put the T.V on and the news stated that they had been killed in a plane crash or something, I would throw a big f*cking party.

Harsh, I know but, that is how strong I feel about them after reading that. Enough is enough.

H&G  GTFO NOW     :f_steam:
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2010 01:16:01 am by Dave70x »

Quick Reply