Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland -> Stoke)

Read 25404 times
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Re: Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland)
      Reply #138: Jan 25, 2010 07:45:02 pm
      I don't think he's over rated and sh*t but Bruce asking priice of 12mil is too much no matter how you look at it.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #139: Jan 25, 2010 07:47:28 pm
      It looks like Rafa has confirmed we are in for him and I have a feeling the negotiation will last up until the deadline.

No way is he worth 12million but we might get a fee around that figure for Babel. To be honest, it will be great business from us if we manage to get double figures of millions for Babel when we know he has undoubted talent but on the last season and a half he has managed to alienate himself from most of the fans and apart from a goal against Utd we have had nothing from him. To make a profit on him would be good business.

Spending it all on Jones.....I'm not too sure.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: Jan 25, 2010 07:48:24 pm
      We are interested in him then going by what Rafa has said.

Shame.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #141: Jan 25, 2010 10:57:55 pm
      I don't think he's over rated and sh*t but Bruce asking priice of 12mil is too much no matter how you look at it.
      yeh, you have a good point. 12 milion????? are you bloody joking me??
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #142: Jan 25, 2010 11:03:33 pm
      SSN reported that we were very interested earlier and are now saying we've stopped tracking him and have confirmed we won't be looking to sign him.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      Reply #143: Jan 25, 2010 11:04:12 pm
      thank sh*t!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #144: Jan 25, 2010 11:13:19 pm
      Glad to hear that.  He's a decent player but definitely not worth £12million IMO.

This means we still haven't replaced Andriy Voronin, however are we going to cope. ;)
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #145: Jan 25, 2010 11:36:53 pm
      SSN reported that we were very interested earlier and are now saying we've stopped tracking him and have confirmed we won't be looking to sign him.

Bit weird.

Maybe Sunderland were asking for too much?

Wonder if we're looking at anyone else now then.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #146: Jan 25, 2010 11:55:08 pm
      Bit weird.

Maybe Sunderland were asking for too much?

Wonder if we're looking at anyone else now then.

I'd be surprised if Rafa wasn't already in talks with a back up. If he really wanted a striker during this window then I'd imagine he'd be in talks with a few incase one fell through.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #147: Jan 26, 2010 12:38:48 am
      no where near 12 millon
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      Reply #148: Jan 26, 2010 12:46:53 am
      I'd be surprised if Rafa wasn't already in talks with a back up. If he really wanted a striker during this window then I'd imagine he'd be in talks with a few incase one fell through.

probably, but ngog is doing alright
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #149: Jan 26, 2010 09:35:31 am
      anyone else feel that Rafa has once again demonstrated the class which wins him so much support in this whole episode.......for the record I think it would have been a great deal
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #150: Jan 26, 2010 09:57:06 am
      I think jones is a great player, i would love to have him at liverpool, he is class, just what we need power and pace and he can finish, class is perminent, form is temporary, dont think we will get him though because we have cham lined up already for next season, and it seems like we have given up on the league, so in effect there is no point (in the managements eyes), in paying out fees for players when we can get them for nothing.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #151: Jan 26, 2010 10:24:26 am
      I think jones is a great player, I would love to have him at liverpool, he is class, just what we need power and pace and he can finish, class is perminent, form is temporary, dont think we will get him though because we have cham lined up already for next season, and it seems like we have given up on the league, so in effect there is no point (in the managements eyes), in paying out fees for players when we can get them for nothing.

He'd be a fool to give up on the league - this time last year Arsenal bought Arshavin and he was a big reason why they were able to fend off the challenge from Villa for 4th place - difference for us this season is that that same challenge is coming not just from Villa but a decent Spurs team and a more than decent Man City team........
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #152: Jan 26, 2010 11:57:07 am
      I like Jones as a player, but at the money Quinn wants,(14 mill) Jones has no chance of moving at that price.

I don't know if Bruce and Quinn have worked this out between them, but attacking our club and Rafa Benitez isn't the way to go about dealing with one of your fellow managers. Bruce is a bloody disgrace to go about it, the way he has done.

He says we are disrespectful toward him and his club for wanting Jones on a loan, who is he kidding, I bet he has not heard anything from LFC about this transfer, that's because their has never been a transfer.

Their is no chance of Rafa buying Jones and if Bruce new anything about Rafa, that's not the way he does his business, Rafa is secretive about his dealings and Bruce knows this, and has taken advantage of this fact, so the real disrespectful one is Steve Bruce for trying to get the BBC and it's listening public into believing Bruces story.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #153: Jan 26, 2010 02:56:01 pm
      I think we are well and truly out of this deal, I bet Bruce is being needlessly awkward about the deal, if i was Rafa I would have nothing to do with lining the pockets of Bruce.

He is the disrespectful one.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #154: Jan 26, 2010 03:05:21 pm
      I like Jones as a player, but at the money Quinn wants,(14 mill) Jones has no chance of moving at that price.

I don't know if Bruce and Quinn have worked this out between them, but attacking our club and Rafa Benitez isn't the way to go about dealing with one of your fellow managers. Bruce is a bloody disgrace to go about it, the way he has done.

He says we are disrespectful toward him and his club for wanting Jones on a loan, who is he kidding, I bet he has not heard anything from LFC about this transfer, that's because their has never been a transfer.

Their is no chance of Rafa buying Jones and if Bruce new anything about Rafa, that's not the way he does his business, Rafa is secretive about his dealings and Bruce knows this, and has taken advantage of this fact, so the real disrespectful one is Steve Bruce for trying to get the BBC and it's listening public into believing Bruces story.

Gareth Barry?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #155: Jan 26, 2010 03:37:25 pm

:nod: ;D.

Tbh though that was mainly press talk as well.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #156: Jan 26, 2010 05:12:17 pm
      Well to be fair...
      Chamakh for free?
      or
      K.Jone for £12m?

:roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #157: Jan 26, 2010 05:17:15 pm
      I think we are well and truly out of this deal, I bet Bruce is being needlessly awkward about the deal, if i was Rafa I would have nothing to do with lining the pockets of Bruce.

He is the disrespectful one.
      That's being polite mate !!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #158: Jan 26, 2010 05:19:15 pm
      Well trust me this deal has got nothing to do with Steve Bruce at all, it is being discussed between Niall Quinn and Christian Purslow with none of the managers having a say in talks at this stage.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #159: Jan 26, 2010 05:24:28 pm
      Just as well mate can't stand that fekkin tosspot Bruce he's right up Fergusons arse.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #160: Jan 26, 2010 05:27:57 pm
      Never a truer word spoken mate, Niall Quinn lives about a mile and a half away from me and used to drink in a local boozer here until it closed down, I know the fella very well.

Quick Reply