Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Could we do this?

Read 2537 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Could we do this?
      Jan 12, 2010 10:15:46 pm
      A few months ago there was a lot of speculation regarding Shareliverpool organising a takeover if the clowns didn't get their loans refinanced. At the time I thought it was a brilliant idea that unfortunatly was cut short by RBS giving the yanks a second chance.

But now that the yanks are looking for investment for a 25% share of the club would this even be considered among Liverpool fans obviously we wouldn't have any real power but we would have a voice and at least thats a start.

This is really just a dream for me but has anything happened like this in the past? and if so does anyone know A, how it worked out? and B how did they go about it?

*** EDIT Shareliverpool not SOS ***
      YNWA
      Yanks Out
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Re: Could we do this?
      Reply #1: Jan 12, 2010 10:16:41 pm
      A few months ago there was a lot of speculation regarding SOS organising a takeover if the clowns didn't get their loans refinanced. At the time i thought it was a brilliant idea that unfortunatly was cut short by RBS giving the yanks a second chance.

But now that the yanks are looking for investment for a 25% share of the club would this even be considered among Liverpool fans obviously we wouldn't have any real power but we would have a voice and at least thats a start.

This is really just a dream for me but has anything happened like this in the past? and if so does anyone know A, how it worked out? and B how did they go about it?

YNWA
      Yanks Out

I think it was more ShareLiverpool than SOS!
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #2: Jan 12, 2010 10:17:58 pm
      Ahh sorry just going on my very selective memory :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Jan 12, 2010 10:19:09 pm
      I don't think it would be feasible.

The Yanks would still be dominant and hold power over the ShareLiverpool group because the SL group wouldn't be able to threaten taking funds elsewhere because they don't have as much equity as a rich investor would.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #4: Jan 12, 2010 10:23:08 pm
      I don't think its totally feasible but I don't think theres a club other than Liverpool that it could work at in Britain, my main worry is the idea that you pay your money and somewhere down the line theres a need for a second 'donation' and its a slippery slope. I know as a student theres feck all way I could get involved but I know its a good principle in theory and I'd love to try.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Jan 12, 2010 10:58:00 pm
       Why would anybody buy 25% of the club to line Hicks and Gillettes pockets and have no say in the running of the club whatsoever.

Quick Reply