Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Supporter buy-out of LFC.

Read 2445 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Supporter buy-out of LFC.
      Jan 12, 2010 10:24:43 pm
      I dont know the rules or laws that the FA has in place so this maybe a non question, but.

Can the team be purchased by a Supporter Group(s). I know some lower league teams are owned fully by the supporters club.  Is their any provision for an EPL team to be purchased, either by a majority of shares or a combination of current Board members and Supporters group? If a supporters group was able to petition the FA for the right to make an attempt to purchase the club, and if supported by a majority of the board, could LFC be sold to them?

In reality its just based on Money. If a consortium, who managed to get the funds needed to purchase LFC, what would stop them from the purchase?   

You could appoint a Board President, who could then, put together a team worthy of the LFC name and history, becasue honestly, the current ownership group has no Idea what it means to be a supporter of this club or what it means too so many people.  Owners have NEVER understood the bond between a team and its fans.

Owners dont realize that the prosperity of a club is a direct reflection to the prosperity of the community it represents.  Winning teams bring prosperity and a sense of honor to the community. Business's grow, bars and restaurants thrive, the community is much better. I just dont understand how Owners are so blind to this.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Supporter buy-out of LFC.
      Reply #1: Jan 12, 2010 10:53:44 pm
       Hicks and Gillette did not buy L.F.C. from John Moores only,he was the biggest shareholder and there was plenty of smaller shareholders.Because Moores had more than 50% the club was sold on his say and the other shareholders had to follow suit.If the club was purchased by a supporters group it would be no different to any other takeover provided they had the funds to complete the transaction.I do not see any problem with the English F.A with such a takeover.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2: Jan 12, 2010 10:55:37 pm
      Hicks and Gillette did not buy L.F.C. from John Moores only

Didnt know my uni part-owned LFC! :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Jan 12, 2010 10:59:41 pm
      Didnt know my uni part-owned LFC! :D
      I do not follow what you are getting at.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #4: Jan 12, 2010 11:01:09 pm
      David Moores was the largest shareholder in the club prior to the Americans arrival.

There is further discussion on a plan aimed at this in this board
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=6298.0
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Jan 12, 2010 11:08:55 pm
       Sorry it looks like I should of said David Moores,put it down to old age.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #6: Jan 13, 2010 03:08:44 am
      Is their a way to see an actual breakdown of owner shares. A list of ownership by percentage?

I assume that H&G are Majority holders. But where are the remaining shares held or by whom?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Jan 13, 2010 03:50:45 am
      If we could do this, I'd so be a part of it.

It works at Barca!

Quick Reply