Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Maxi Rodriguez (-> Newell's Old Boys)

Read 174843 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Re: Maxi Rodriguez Player Thread
      Reply #1311: Jul 08, 2012 01:36:21 pm
      I love the guy, he would be in my first team. Has so much game intelligence.

Have to keep him. The geezer gets us 10 prem goals gaurenteed
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1312: Jul 08, 2012 01:39:22 pm
      Defo keep him he's a quality player

Ynwa
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1313: Jul 08, 2012 01:42:17 pm
      Have you ever completed an initiation at any of the clubs you have been at?

When we went to Portugal last year after the Europa League match with Braga, all of us had to sing. My English is okay, but I don't know many songs. Luckily my teammates started singing the song that the fans sing...'Maxi...Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me...' so I joined in.

;D Brilliant.

That was probably the same time as last year when I was getting complaints from the apartment complex I was in for singing his song so loud pissed at 3 in the morning!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1314: Jul 08, 2012 03:42:45 pm
      Maxi on pens, goals and Pepe

What was your first car?

A Peugeot 206. It was very nice and easy to drive. I have happy memories of it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/maxi-on-pens-goals-and-pepe

Happy memories? I am saying nothing.

;)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1315: Jul 08, 2012 04:06:43 pm

;)

Haha! never even thought of that!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1316: Jul 08, 2012 09:15:57 pm

;)

Why, what did you & Maxi get up to?  ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1317: Jul 11, 2012 04:33:48 pm
      Newell's Old Boys reveal 'agreed contract' with Maxi Rodriguez

The midfielder appears set to leave Liverpool even though there is still a year remaining on his contract, with the Lepra in pole position to reclaim their academy graduate

Jul 11, 2012 4:10:00 PM
      By Daniel Edwards

Liverpool midfielder Maxi Rodriguez is closing in on a return to Newell's Old Boys, with the Argentine club revealing that a deal is in place to sign the player once his time at Anfield comes to a close.
      The Argentina international, 31, is expected to leave England on a free transfer this summer, with reports circulating that he is negotiating to end his time with the Reds one year before his contract expires.

According to Newell's secretary Pablo Morosano, everything is in place to bring 'La Fiera' back to Rosario once he becomes a free agent.

"We are waiting for official news about the end of Maxi's link [with Liverpool]. There is an ongoing contact and we have a deal agreed with him," the official revealed to Ole.

"But as long as his exit from Liverpool has not been settled, we cannot announce it."

Maxi is a product of Newell's youth system, and played at the club for three years before moving to Espanyol in 2002. He was used sparingly by Liverpool during the 2011-12 season, making just 11 league appearances.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1318: Jul 11, 2012 04:45:34 pm
      We get fu**ed too often in the market, if they want him before he's a free agent, pay up.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1319: Jul 12, 2012 06:01:13 am
      is it just me or does that read like they could be waiting before his deal is up? if bellamy is as good as gone surely we can't lose all three (including dirk). will be sad times.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1320: Jul 12, 2012 01:02:03 pm
      I really hope Maxi gives Rodgers until January at least. The system Rodgers employed last season at Swansea and the one we all assume he will employ here would really suit Maxi.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #1321: Jul 12, 2012 02:11:36 pm
      I really hope Maxi gives Rodgers until January at least. The system Rodgers employed last season at Swansea and the one we all assume he will employ here would really suit Maxi.
      Don't agree here. Rodgers' style at Swansea was playing with natural width, good and fast wingers and I don't think Maxi belongs to that category.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #1322: Jul 12, 2012 02:17:27 pm
      Don't agree here. Rodgers' style at Swansea was playing with natural width, good and fast wingers and I don't think Maxi belongs to that category.
      He can be used as an attacking mid
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1323: Jul 13, 2012 12:05:50 am
      Maxi brings quality to the squad, why should we let good quality players leave? It annoys me, he's under contract with us and he should honour it. We need him.

I love watching him play, the way he opens up play and gets into perfect positions. Other players could learn a lot from him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1324: Jul 13, 2012 06:09:05 pm
      LFC confirm Maxi departure
      Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Maxi Rodriguez has joined Newell's Old Boys in Argentina.

Maxi, who arrived at Anfield from Atletico Madrid in January 2010, netted 17 goals in 73 appearances for the Reds.

Highlights of the midfielder's Anfield career include two hat-tricks in the space of a couple of weeks against Birmingham and Fulham in 2011 as well as important strikes against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in November of that year.

Everyone at Liverpool FC would like to thank Maxi for his contribution to the club and wish him all the best for the future.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-confirm-maxi-departure

All the best to Maxi. I'll miss his intelligent play and goals. And of course, his great song!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1325: Jul 13, 2012 06:13:42 pm
      Maxi: An open letter to fans
      Dear Reds, I am leaving Liverpool FC today.

Before signing for LFC, I just saw the club as one of the greatest institutions in football. After my time here I can confirm that this is not just a great club but also a great family.

I have tried to give everything every day that I was wearing the LFC crest. It has been a great honour to defend this shirt during two and a half years. I am returning home with a suitcase full of great memories, good friends within the team and also within this great family that works every day in the club. Thanks a lot for your support. You can NOT imagine what a great honour it was for me when the Kop sang, 'Maxi, Maxi Rodríguez runs down the wing for me da da da da dada...'

Hasta la vista.

Maxi

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/maxi-an-open-letter-to-fans

What a classy guy!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #1326: Jul 13, 2012 06:15:38 pm
      I wanted him to stay :(
      good luck but he deserved to play more last season. We lost Kuyt and Maxi... It's a depressing fact after having seen them make such wonders during the 2nd half of the 2010-2011 season.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Maxi Rodriguez (-> Newell's Old Boys)
      Reply #1327: Jul 13, 2012 06:22:21 pm
      Former player thread.

Any discussions regarding Maxi are to be continued here, but I'm sure you all know the drill already.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1328: Jul 13, 2012 06:26:52 pm
      Gutted.  Have a feeling Kenny might have kept his job if he had dropped Downing and played Maxi more. 
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1329: Jul 13, 2012 06:27:16 pm
      Did not realise that his departure would make me so sad. May have been the letter but either way, I will always remember some of the hard work and great games he had in a Reds shirt. Have to admit, when he signed, I believed it was simply for a big contract and he would sit on the bench all the time. However, he has proven to be somewhat of a cult hero for the club. I am gutted to see him leave and he will be very difficult to replace.

Best of luck Maxi. I do not blame you for wanting to go home.

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me'''

:(
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1330: Jul 13, 2012 06:27:35 pm
      Good luck in Argentina, Maxi. YNWA
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #1331: Jul 13, 2012 06:27:57 pm
      Class lad.

Best of luck Maxi. Great player.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #1332: Jul 13, 2012 06:29:59 pm
      Class player, If only some other players understood what it is to wear our Shirt
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #1333: Jul 13, 2012 06:36:56 pm
      Gutted.  Have a feeling Kenny might have kept his job if he had dropped Downing and played Maxi more. 

I think and feel the same. Absolutely gutted. He deserved better treatment and deserved to play more after his important goals and assists. He was often invisible during long moments on the field but he has always played with his heart and has always been a true professional

Quick Reply