Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Accountability of the owners

Read 10979 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Accountability of the owners
      Reply #46: Jan 18, 2010 07:18:34 pm
      Apologies for forgetting who made the post but one of our fans from the US made the point that Liverpool are never really mentioned in the media over there so there's no pressure on H&G from over the pond. Maybe it's the US media that we need to be trying to get in touch with. Make some ripples over there and the owners will be squirming.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #47: Jan 18, 2010 07:34:53 pm
      Apologies for forgetting who made the post but one of our fans from the US made the point that Liverpool are never really mentioned in the media over there so there's no pressure on H&G from over the pond. Maybe it's the US media that we need to be trying to get in touch with. Make some ripples over there and the owners will be squirming.

Yep they are already on the case Rep.  Our good friends bigvYNWA and iwd89lfc aka David and Imani.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #48: Jan 18, 2010 07:51:30 pm
      Great stuff.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Jan 19, 2010 02:03:43 am
      Well not had a reply yet but I won't give up.

Have you had anything back from the Daily Star Red?

Nothing as yet.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: Jan 19, 2010 07:09:38 pm
      Well still no reply to my emails so I've sent another asking if it's normal for businessmen in the USA to ignore their "customers".

I doubt we will get any response until the media in the States get wind of whats happening. 

BigvYNWA how is your report getting on?  Do you need any more material?  I'm sure I could dig up some more stuff for you.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Jan 19, 2010 07:21:06 pm
      Nothing from the Daily Star too....  :-\

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: Jan 19, 2010 07:36:43 pm
      C Mon George. Tell us. Wheres the money? Are we getting warmer?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Jan 19, 2010 09:27:36 pm
      Forgive me father for I have sinned it has been about 18 hours since my last confession.

Well I've joined a Manchester United Forum today (RedCafe) and I have gained 4 posts and feel all used and dirty and like I need a shower.

However I've done it for a reason, to get the general feeling of the united support on their owners and maybe arrange something between both sets of fans in demonstrating about our owners.

So heres my opening post on RedCafe.

Unity Is Key !!!
      Where do I start ?

I suppose in telling you that I am a Liverpool supporter is as good as place any but please read on I'm not here to take the piss, but to try and arrange something thats beneficial to both sets of supporters.

Right now as both sets of fans we are both aware we are both American Owned Clubs, with Owners that have heaped debt up on our illustrious clubs and are sucking the very life out them.

Now I am not aware of Uniteds nets spend in the transfer market, but taking into consideration what Ronaldo was sold for last summer I'd say that maybe 15% of his transfer fee was re-invested back into the squad.

I can be more clearer about our finances and tell you that since Hicks & Gillet took over at Liverpool Rafael Benitez has a transfer net spend of 30 million, Thats an average of 10 million net per season and an average of 5 million net per transfer window.

Now today its been reported the Glazers could take up to £600m out of Manchester United over seven years in dividends, interest payments and fees arising from the club’s bond issue and surely as fans you are not happy about that ?

Glazers could take £600m out of Manchester United over seven years - Telegraph

Now you may be wondering where I am going with this ?

So I'll get to the point as the title of the thread says Unity is the key, so what I'm suggesting is, can the fans of both our clubs put our rivalries to one side just for one day and put both sets of clubs best interests at heart ?

The day I'm talking about is Saturday, 20 March 2010, when Liverpool face United at Old Trafford, now this game will be televised on SkyTV and broadcast all around the globe.

Now as supporters can you imagine a bigger stage for both sets of fans to show some unity and be vocal in protest against both sets of owners ?, Make it a carnival day get your Yanks out banners out and fill the stadium in a defiant protest against both sets of owners ?

I would appreciate your feedback and if I'm not welcome here, this will be my last post, however if we can put our rivalries aside through the power of the internet and various forums I believe this is something that can be easily arranged and there is plenty of time to do so.

So tell me Guys what do you think ?

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #54: Jan 20, 2010 01:11:18 am
      link? I can't find it anywhere ay :P
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: Jan 20, 2010 01:18:09 am
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #56: Jan 20, 2010 01:53:42 am
      Having slight issues registering for some reason...

Cool if you could post up some of the replies, I'd be interested to know if any of the Mancs are actually game for this as it certainly seems a good idea.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Jan 20, 2010 10:15:22 am
      To be honest mate, we as supporters can be (1) pro-active or (2) sit on our arses and do nothing and let H&G destroy the foundations this great club was built on so any effort, no matter how large or small  is a step in the right direction as long as we keep making noises H&G know we have not forgotten they are the scurge of this club and I can guarantee given our current plight they are reveling in it as it is taking the heat away from them.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #58: Jan 20, 2010 11:35:59 am
      Reddebs and RedlfdcBlood, Can you post a copy of the questions you fired at Hicks. We can give then give him some ear ache without duplicating the questions. Assuming we can get our e mails through to him of course.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Jan 20, 2010 11:48:12 am
      Reddebs and RedlfdcBlood, Can you post a copy of the questions you fired at Hicks. We can give then give him some ear ache without duplicating the questions. Assuming we can get our e mails through to him of course.

Mines on the first page of this thread mate. ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #60: Jan 20, 2010 12:02:55 pm
      Oohh I've made it into main forums on redcafe, my post has been copied and posted in main by another forum user.

Soon get to see a consensus of opinion I guess.

http://www.redcafe.net/f6/liverpool-supporter-unity-key-283158/#post7461974
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #61: Jan 20, 2010 12:10:44 pm
      Looks like a no from most fans. Sad, really.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #62: Jan 20, 2010 12:21:36 pm
      Looks like a no from most fans. Sad, really.

Its only just started mate, give it time, they are talking about it and its putting it into their heads and no doubt giving them something to think and talk about.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will be a mass protest at Old Trafford. ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #63: Jan 20, 2010 02:46:09 pm
      Try bribing them with prawn sandwiches.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #64: Jan 20, 2010 03:00:47 pm
      Erm I have the profiles of Bill Hicks (His brother) Mack Hicks (his other son) and Ian Ayre (our commercial director) all bookmarked on my browser.

That's if you want to direct some questions at em?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #65: Jan 20, 2010 03:48:45 pm
      Erm I have the profiles of Bill Hicks (His brother) Mack Hicks (his other son) and Ian Ayre (our commercial director) all bookmarked on my browser.
      And I thought Tom was the comedian of the family!
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #66: Jan 20, 2010 05:18:14 pm
      Looking at the manure forums, I just hate them more. End of story, collaboration might happen, but nothing would come out of it unless they want this as much as we do.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #67: Jan 20, 2010 05:24:50 pm
      Looking at the manure forums, I just hate them more. End of story, collaboration might happen, but nothing would come out of it unless they want this as much as we do.

Well mate as I have just said to them in there, the one thing about rivalry is ..... it wont exist if both the clubs don't.

Short and sweet but it sends a message.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #68: Jan 20, 2010 05:32:52 pm
      Theres a couple of positives on the RedGreasySpoon who go on the basis that the respective clubs survival is more important than the rivalry.

Its a very good idea.

You've sown the seed RLFCB now see what they do.

If its a No......... then f..ck em.

We will watch their unsinkable Titanic go down and learn from them.
      Perhaps only that footballing disaster will make Hansel and Gretel f off.

PS. Anyone also read that Randy Lerner at Aston Villa has introduced a Sell To Buy policy?
      God Bless America.

Quick Reply