Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Accountability of the owners

Read 10976 times
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Re: Accountability of the owners
      Reply #69: Jan 20, 2010 05:35:49 pm
      Well mate as I have just said to them in there, the one thing about rivalry is ..... it wont exist if both the clubs don't.

Short and sweet but it sends a message.

what you sent them is a great message matey. They're cu*ts, that's all.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #70: Jan 20, 2010 05:39:34 pm
      http://www.redcafe.net/f17/unity-key-283032/index2.html#post7464728

I'm having more joy here where I can actually reply. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #71: Jan 20, 2010 05:39:49 pm
      Well mate as I have just said to them in there, the one thing about rivalry is ..... it wont exist if both the clubs don't.

Short and sweet but it sends a message.
      To be totally honest mate I could not see it occuring simply because of their mindset,they think because of all the media bullshit they are the special ones.
      When I say they I don't mean to generalise but you only have to look at their forums to get a glimpse of the over riding madness. Obviously there are some sound supporters but the vast majority are nobheads who believe that in spite of the clubs huge debt issue they are untouchable and to try and discuss or explain this would be like banging your head on a brickwall, unless of course this was done for you by one of the unappreciative manUre faithfull.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #72: Jan 20, 2010 05:48:13 pm
      You can only but try mate, so that gives me about 8 weeks to keep trying ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #73: Jan 20, 2010 05:53:12 pm
      As you say say Daz it's worth a go.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #74: Jan 20, 2010 10:41:53 pm
      Reddebs and RedlfdcBlood, Can you post a copy of the questions you fired at Hicks. We can give then give him some ear ache without duplicating the questions. Assuming we can get our e mails through to him of course.

As Red says his questions are on the 1st page of the thread there wasn't much more for me to add but also sent a copy of Semple's email that he couldn't send which is below.

My name is Paul Semple. I am a Liverpool Football Club supporter. As you well know, your ownership of the club, alongside George Gillet, has resulted in a lot of anger towards the two of you. This is simply because you and Mr Gillet, are ruining our glorious club. Liverpool have won 18 league titles, 5 European Cups, 7 League Cups, 7 FA Cups and 3 UEFA Cups, amongst others. Unless you sort out our current problem I.e. sell the club to an owner that delievers on their promises and not just one that will give you a massive pay package, this club will not be able to progress to winning more trophies. I am 18 years old. I have grown up as a Liverpool supporter starved of a good manager and thus, has resulted in very few trophies coming into the club. In the 18 years of my life, Liverpool have never won a league and they have won 1 European Cup amongst several other trophies. However, now that we have a fantastic manger in place, Mr Rafael Benitez, you seem content in trying to ruin our best chances of winning the league in years. You have provided Rafa with very little money, you have put the club into further debt due to your borrowing and you have not delievered on your promises e.g. a new Stadium in Stanley Park. I think you owe it to the fans of the club to answer the many questions put to you.

1) Why are you at this club in the first place? Is it simply to make money?
      2) What are the chances of you selling to a buyer who actually wishes to help the Reds, anytime soon?
      3) Why is Rafa being given very little money despite money coming into the club via marketing, player sales etc?
      4) Did you not say recently that any money made from player sales would go into Rafas transfer budget?
      5) What is happening with our new stadium plans that you promised to deliver?
      6) Do you think it is acceptable for your son to send abusive emails to Liverpool fans who only have Liverpools best interests in heart?
      7) Do you not care about what the fans have to say about the club?
      8 ) Do you not care that you and Gillet are turning this club into a laughing stock?
      9) What happened to the deal with DIC?
      10) Why do you and George Gillet refuse to sit down and talk to one another?
      11) Why do you continue to ignore the Spirit of Shankly group that require answers with regards to your ownership and regularly stage protests that gain huge supoort against your ownership of the club?

In truth, I have many more specific questions to ask you. I appreciate that you are a busy man, running several businesses and a Club, and therefore I have sent you questions that you should have no problem answering. Afterall, all the clubs supporters want is the truth. We know when people are just saying things to get us of their backs so please do tell the truth. I am a member of a Liverpool forum (www.lfcreds.com) and I would appreciate if you could email me back with some good news with regards to the questions I have asked so I can share with my fellow fans. I urge you to go onto that forum and just see what y fellow supporters think of your ownersship of our glorious club. Yours sincerely,

Paul Semple

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #75: Jan 20, 2010 11:15:33 pm
      Seriously RedLFCBlood, get a facebook group going as well like has been said on there.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Jan 24, 2010 09:05:05 am
      So Tom.

So George.

We now know youve got one billion in cash from the Montreal Canadien and Texas Rangers sale.

This my friends is the jumping off point for you.

There is now nowhere for either of you to hide.

There is now NO excuses why you cant

PAY DOWN DEBT

BUY PLAYERS

BUILD THE STADIUM

Whatever you have done before such as buying this club through an illegal (U.S.) method and breaking every promise you have ever made to us
      may, just may, be redeemed if now you show us the colour of money.

It had better be Red.

Cos. If it isn't cowboys .............we will drive you out of town and break you.

You will prove that LFC means F**k all to either of you.

Show us the money.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #77: Jan 24, 2010 03:20:18 pm
      Still not had a reply to the emails I sent last weekend so just sent him this. 

Once again I find myself emailing you for answers to questions that you continue to ignore.  I appreciate that you must be an extremely busy man, it must take up 100% of your time working out how to rip off your "customers" so successfully.

We have seen today in the UK press that you have sold your majority interest in the texas rangers and as you can imagine this is a source of much excitement on our fans forums as to whether we will see any of the money invested in Liverpool FC.  Don't worry though as the general consensus amongst the fans is we won't see a penny (dime).  It really doesn't fit your "business plan" to spend money when you can cream whatever you wish from our loyal fans. 

I wonder how many home games we need to boycott before you get the message.   
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #78: Mar 10, 2010 08:11:20 pm
      Presume you never heard nothing back from this Debs? Or did you post about it in another thread?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: Mar 10, 2010 08:41:26 pm
      Presume you never heard nothing back from this Debs? Or did you post about it in another thread?

Yeah I did get a reply Kenny he asked if I was crazy, cheeky fu**er.

I've had more success since then but I've not emailed him for a few weeks.  I've posted them in the Purslow thread, the one with the SOS meeting minutes, cos that was doing the rounds at the time.  Funnily enough I was thinking at weekend it's time to get in touch with him again as it's been too quiet for my liking recently.

Is there something you want to say or ask him?  Silly question, of course you have, we all have but I'll pass on your comments if you want.  Can't promise you'll get a reply or the answer you want though.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #80: Mar 10, 2010 09:07:36 pm
      More disrespect to another red eh?! What a surprise!!!!

Yeah tell him I said I'm gonna torture him if I get my hands on him.

Actually, he might not reply to that.

No worries Debs. Well in for persevering with it and personally I think you ask what a lot of people are thinking.
      Stubbles
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #81: Mar 10, 2010 09:13:12 pm
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=245870897172&ref=ss

Dear Liverpool Supporter,

Please copy and paste the following email message, signing your name at the foot of the page and send to the names listed below at approximately 8pm on Wednesday the 10th of March.

To: -

Stephen.Hester@rbs.co.uk; John.HOURICAN@rbs.com; Roger.Lowry@rbs.co.uk; rebecca.oliphant@rbs.com; Public.Affairs@rbs.co.uk

CC: -

thicks@hicksholdings.com; tohjr@hicksholdings.com; gngillett@bcmgt.com;
      ian.ayre@liverpoolfc.tv; Philip.Nash@liverpoolfc.tv; warren.bradley@liverpool.gov.uk;
      howardm@parliament.uk; KILFOYLEP@parliament.uk; Chris.Bascombe@notw.co.uk;
      david.maddock@mgn.co.uk; dominick48@hotmail.com; Gary.Jacob@thetimes.co.uk;
      helen.power@thetimes.co.uk; henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk; John.Richardson@Express.co.uk;
      john.thompson@liverpool.com; lee.clayton@dailymail.co.uk; Oliver.Kay@thetimes.co.uk;
      tpanja@bloomberg.net; paul.joyce@express.co.uk; rory.smith@telegraph.co.uk; tony.evans@thetimes.co.uk; birdc@parliament.uk;

Dear Mr Hester,

Having reviewed the company accounts in relation to Liverpool Football Club and Parent Company Kop Football Ltd, of which there is approximately £237M worth of debt; it is clear that the business model operated by the current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett is unsustainable.

Whilst I appreciate that any refinancing package deal is a confidential matter between the Royal Bank of Scotland and the current owners of Liverpool Football Club, it is also a very personal issue for many Liverpool supporters around the world. As a British Tax Payer and a Lifelong Liverpool fan, I can assure you that I am not happy that my hard earned money is being used to pay for the purchase of Liverpool Football Club for George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

There is an ever increasing sense of anger and resentment towards the the owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, which is likely to turn towards RBS if the refinancing deal is extended in the coming months.

It is my understanding that if the Refinancing deal is renegotiated beyond July 2010, then a campaign in protest against the Royal Bank of Scotland will take place which will include Billboards with anti-RBS messages encouraging Liverpool Fans to Boycott RBS in a similar manner to the Boycott of the Sun Newspaper (please see below).

Debt Lies Cowboys – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Anfield Road » Don’t buy The Sun

If your objective is "the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club" then I urge you to formally refuse any longer term refinancing for Hicks and Gillett, thus leaving the current obligations needing to be immediately repaid.

We as supporters of Liverpool Football Club are effectively paying the loan repayments for Hicks and Gillett, and as taxpayers have a "controlling stake" in RBS. We should therefore have a say in where our money is being invested.

The ball is firmly in your court.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool Supporter

Feel free to add to it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #82: Mar 10, 2010 09:16:47 pm
      More disrespect to another red eh?! What a surprise!!!!

Yeah tell him I said I'm gonna torture him if I get my hands on him.

Actually, he might not reply to that.

No worries Debs. Well in for persevering with it and personally I think you ask what a lot of people are thinking.

Yeah I did think that about the disrespect as it wasn't that long after Junior resigned.  I will email him again this week and post them and any replies in here.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #83: Mar 10, 2010 09:41:25 pm
      I cant believe you actually got a reply!!

And in that case- we are all cheeky fuckers, as we all pretty much think the same of them!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #84: Mar 10, 2010 09:47:47 pm
      I cant believe you actually got a reply!!

And in that case- we are all cheeky fuckers, as we all pretty much think the same of them!

Funnily enough I've always had a reply but that's usually it, one reply.  Last time though I did get a few replies though he was a condescending little pr**k in them.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #85: Mar 10, 2010 09:51:26 pm
      Funnily enough I've always had a reply but that's usually it, one reply.  Last time though I did get a few replies though he was a condescending little pr**k in them.

Shocking!

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #86: Sep 19, 2010 05:21:16 pm
      bump.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #87: Sep 19, 2010 05:27:59 pm
      "Bump" FFS!

A comment would have been better than BUMP! Anything! BUMP was for 606 before it went sh*te!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #88: Sep 19, 2010 05:31:49 pm
      "Bump" FFS!

A comment would have been better than BUMP! Anything! BUMP was for 606 before it went sh*te!

I actuallyt bumped it for someone else mate as I believe they were looking for this topic.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #89: Sep 19, 2010 05:36:24 pm
      Ok but you could have PM'd them with the Link.

Quick Reply