Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Kyrgiakos
      (16.7%)
      Kuyt
      (31.3%)
      Aquilani
      (26.8%)
      Carragher
      (12.6%)
      Mascherano
      (3.5%)
      Leiva
      (2.5%)
      Riera
      (4.5%)
      Somebody else
      (2%)

Liverpool 2-0 Spurs: Post Match Pleasure

Read 34681 times
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Spurs: Post Match Pleasure
      Reply #276: Jan 21, 2010 12:18:20 pm
      What a result. Now we have to build on this and the players keep showing the same commitment each week. I am happy after a match and that has not happened in ages!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #277: Jan 21, 2010 12:20:56 pm
      The players stood up to be counted again, just as they did at Stoke, they were all up for the game, and although we still have a little way to go, we deserved that win against Spurs. Kuyt was huge out there, he played his normal way, got in there faces and would not let go all through the match, same goes for Mascherano, another who put himself about and wouldn't let Spurs settle. Good to have Reira back after months out, a class act, second half started to show us what we have missed, the mans got quality. Aquilani played his best match and although it's not his style to fight, it didn't stop him from trying and another who is coming good for the run in. The defense played well again with Carra keeping them organized, and Kiarakos looking and showing what a good player he is. The defense restricted Spurs to a no-show, and not many teams will do that to them. After the game, sky again had two people on the show who had laid in to Rafa against Reading, McAlister and Coppel, who both thought the Spurs goal should have stood, I thought the ref got it right, although I gathered they gave it for offside, and that was a wrong decision, because Defoe fowled Reira by reaching his arm across Riena's back and has Riena goes to kick it he gets pulled down, you see it in the way he kicks the ball, he pulls the trigger to kick and the next thing he's kicking upward. Am I right or wrong.?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #278: Jan 21, 2010 12:25:17 pm

couldn't say more then that. TAKE THAT AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR BOLL*X YOU C**T.

what a result. we could have had 5 despite their posession.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #279: Jan 21, 2010 12:34:54 pm
      Aquilani to play in the hole from now on, that's where he needs to be, he isn't a defensive midfielder like Masch or Lucas.

Gerrard to come back a little, why not let him play in the role Alonso used to play? He "can pass a ball 40 yards" and can orchestrate play from a little further back.

Brilliant performance. You could tell how F***ing loud Anfield was even on TV, so good. I went nuts in the pub when the penalty went in - what relief!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #280: Jan 21, 2010 12:50:25 pm
      Funny how people see the game differently isn't it? :D

I thought Degen was a bit of a weak link and thought Riera did very well,

That was my take on it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #281: Jan 21, 2010 12:54:28 pm
      Fantastic result, Get in there Redmen, I f***in hate Yids.....I hope Rafa keeps the same line up against Wolves, They all deserve to keep their places, Creates good competition amongst the squad and makes them fight for their slot......Top four finish? No worries

YNWA    IRWT
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #282: Jan 21, 2010 12:56:45 pm
      Fantastic result, Get in there Redmen, I f***in hate Yids.....I hope Rafa keeps the same line up against Wolves, They all deserve to keep their places, Creates good competition amongst the squad and makes them fight for their slot......Top four finish? No worries

YNWA    IRWT

Just one change for me. Maxi in for Degen. Although I won't be surprised if Rafa leaves it longer
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #283: Jan 21, 2010 01:14:48 pm
      well done for beatin the yiddos !!! i'm not from norf london so really i don't hate the yids . i save that for the mancs and chel$ki .
      watched the replay this afternoon here . you could have won by a lot more . how good is kuyt ??? great first goal and lovely side foot finish . i would have him at ashburton grove in a heartbeat . probably my fave scouser .... (apart from stevie g of course)  ;)

Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #284: Jan 21, 2010 02:15:54 pm
      I agree Sotis had a fairly strong game tonight, but don't get too carried away he was involved in two controversial incidents tonight that could have seen the game tied at 2-2, the kind of errors that have been costing us all season, but we got the rub of the green with the decisions tonight.
      Well he doesn't play as much as the others so I'll put it down to nerves or lack of games.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #285: Jan 21, 2010 02:20:58 pm
      Just one change for me. Maxi in for Degen. Although I won't be surprised if Rafa leaves it longer

I thought Degen was class last night, as was the big Greek Kiri, but Degen kept getting clattered and I thought he would get injured sooner rather than later, think he did in the end.

Was a very good performance, if we had beat Stoke and Reading which could easily have happened Rafa would be in line for manager of the month IMO.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #286: Jan 21, 2010 02:25:27 pm
      I thought Degen was class last night, as was the big Greek Kiri, but Degen kept getting clattered and I thought he would get injured sooner rather than later, think he did in the end.

Was a very good performance, if we had beat Stoke and Reading which could easily have happened Rafa would be in line for manager of the month IMO.

Maxi is a natural winger. Would like to see a couple of games with himself and Reira on the wings... and truth be told I'd like Agger back if he is fit... IF
      That said, apart from some clumsiness Degen has had a decent couple of games.. Don't quote me on that
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #287: Jan 21, 2010 02:38:02 pm
      Good to see Kyrgiakos, Aquilani and Ngog all doing well. All 3 are players that I've defended on here recently.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #288: Jan 21, 2010 02:52:21 pm
      Thought we battled really well and could have won by a few more.

Not sure what all the fuss is over Defoes offside goal. I think the only mistake the officials made in that decision was not blowing the whistle for a free kick to us when Defoe was standing 25 yards offside rather than playing on!! If they did pricks like Andy Gray wouldnt even be talking about it.

Thought Ngog was quality when he came on, i have been slating him recently so fair play to the lad he deserves a lot of credit.  ;D
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #289: Jan 21, 2010 03:05:18 pm
      Excellent all round performance,and with a little more composure/luck could have been 3-4 nil ,Riera's corners & freekicks seemed far more threatening than stevie G's,Kuyt after some dodgy games was back to his best,even Degen put in a good shift,N'gog proved a pest against a tiring defence so perhaps super sub would be a better role for him at moment,was expecting more from spurs,but the greek and his fellow defenders snuffed them out. Onwards & upwards.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #290: Jan 21, 2010 03:19:17 pm
      Well in you fuckers! Revenge against the Yids, three points and one point off fourth spot. And we didn't play that well to be honest! What a massive result this is for us, not going to get carried away with it, but it looked very promising. The tone was set right from the off, with Carra bollocking Degen for not getting the ball for him for a throw in! He was immense for us last night, he made that Captain's armband his. What was nice to see, was that there was no doubt who was in charge, from the pre match huddle, to the Degen bollocking, to the double hack on Palacios and Kranjcar!, and through his ferocious tackling. Sadly, that 'leaders' mentality has been lacking with Gerrard this season for any number of reasons, maybe Rafa should pass the armband to Carra until Gerrard sorts himself out?

Reina was immense again, just delivers every time, as consistent as you like. Insua looked a lot more comfortable, and I think that had a lot to do with the return of Riera. Riera's willingness to attack took the impetus from Insua and afforded him the luxury of not having to attack so often. Now I know Riera didn't have a stormer, by any stretch of the imagination, but he did show glimpses of the quality that we so obviously know he possesses. His corner delivery was good, he knocked a few dangerous in-swingers in and so nearly scored with that header. We have to remember that he was coming back from injury, so I thought he did well.

Ahead of Carra, I was surprised to see Degen start the game, was hoping to see Rodriguez start to be honest. The thing is, when players are played out of their natural position, it's hard to criticise them as they are out of their comfort zone. He did alright, but far too many times, when Carra was approaching the halfway line, Degen was reluctant to make the 'wingers' run down the outside, but that's just his defender's instinct.

Skrtel and Kyrgiakos settled in nicely I thought, a couple of early scares at the start of the match, but I felt they slowly bonded as the game went on. Kyrgiakos is turning out to be quite a good signing. His shutout of Sidebe at Stoke and Crouch last night were a great testament to the giant that he is, solid and dependable.

Mascherano was immense again, the work he puts in every game is f**king immense. He covers every blade of grass, and no f**ker is safe when he's about. His defensive positioning is bettered by nobody in Europe, we have a diamond here. Masch is also starting to grow in confidence, playing some neat passes and looking up and around more often than he used to. Lucas, well, reliable again. Gives far too many stupid free kicks away in my opinion, needs to think a bit more before he charges in. In and around the half is fine, just not on the edge of the box. Also needs to stop trying silly one-two's when they're not even on.

Aquilani? Proved to be a master stroke by Rafa. Think he thrived in the hole, some neat touches and flicks, always looking to play someone in at the first opportunity. Looks a very dangerous player, and that position is so obviously made for him, an interesting dilemma when Gerrard returns?

And I'll save the best until last. Dirk Kuyt! Well, I have been calling for his head for some time now, but I'd like to get this point across more than any other. I do not want Kuyt playing on the right wing for Liverpool Football Club. He is ultimately a striker, a point I have stressed for some time, and a point I will keep stressing everytime he has a bad game on the 'wing'. There was something different about Kuyt last night, and it was quite simple to see, he was 'enjoying' himself out there and he looked 'happy' playing up top. Imagine how frustrated he must get when Torres is injured and NGog gets the nod? He must be thinking, "F**k me! I'm a f**king striker, a striker! Why can't I stand in for Torres? Let me have a go, give me a run of games up top while Nando recovers." He took his first goal brilliantly and his composure to bury the penalty for a second time was the sign of a player growing in confidence.

All in all, a good performance from the lads, showed a lot of character and guts. It looks like Rafa has a few dilemmas, and what good dilemmas they are to have. After Carra's brutal display of force and passion, does he give the armband to Carra for the rest of the season to ease the pressure on Gerrard? After Aquilani's display in the hole, does he keep him there and drop Gerrard back? And whilst Kuyt revelled in the lone striker role and his link play with Aquilani, does he select Kuyt in his natural position ahead of NGog whilst Torres recovers? Certain players needed to step up last night, and they all did.

Well done Redmen, you did us proud and gave us something to be positive about. This is just the start, the job starts now.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE  =   IN RAFA WE TRUST !!!!!!!!!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #291: Jan 21, 2010 03:54:55 pm
      Well in you fuckers! Revenge against the Yids, three points and one point off fourth spot. And we didn't play that well to be honest! What a massive result this is for us, not going to get carried away with it, but it looked very promising. The tone was set right from the off, with Carra bollocking Degen for not getting the ball for him for a throw in! He was immense for us last night, he made that Captain's armband his. What was nice to see, was that there was no doubt who was in charge, from the pre match huddle, to the Degen bollocking, to the double hack on Palacios and Kranjcar!, and through his ferocious tackling. Sadly, that 'leaders' mentality has been lacking with Gerrard this season for any number of reasons, maybe Rafa should pass the armband to Carra until Gerrard sorts himself out?

Reina was immense again, just delivers every time, as consistent as you like. Insua looked a lot more comfortable, and I think that had a lot to do with the return of Riera. Riera's willingness to attack took the impetus from Insua and afforded him the luxury of not having to attack so often. Now I know Riera didn't have a stormer, by any stretch of the imagination, but he did show glimpses of the quality that we so obviously know he possesses. His corner delivery was good, he knocked a few dangerous in-swingers in and so nearly scored with that header. We have to remember that he was coming back from injury, so I thought he did well.

Ahead of Carra, I was surprised to see Degen start the game, was hoping to see Rodriguez start to be honest. The thing is, when players are played out of their natural position, it's hard to criticise them as they are out of their comfort zone. He did alright, but far too many times, when Carra was approaching the halfway line, Degen was reluctant to make the 'wingers' run down the outside, but that's just his defender's instinct.

Skrtel and Kyrgiakos settled in nicely I thought, a couple of early scares at the start of the match, but I felt they slowly bonded as the game went on. Kyrgiakos is turning out to be quite a good signing. His shutout of Sidebe at Stoke and Crouch last night were a great testament to the giant that he is, solid and dependable.

Mascherano was immense again, the work he puts in every game is f**king immense. He covers every blade of grass, and no f**ker is safe when he's about. His defensive positioning is bettered by nobody in Europe, we have a diamond here. Masch is also starting to grow in confidence, playing some neat passes and looking up and around more often than he used to. Lucas, well, reliable again. Gives far too many stupid free kicks away in my opinion, needs to think a bit more before he charges in. In and around the half is fine, just not on the edge of the box. Also needs to stop trying silly one-two's when they're not even on.

Aquilani? Proved to be a master stroke by Rafa. Think he thrived in the hole, some neat touches and flicks, always looking to play someone in at the first opportunity. Looks a very dangerous player, and that position is so obviously made for him, an interesting dilemma when Gerrard returns?

And I'll save the best until last. Dirk Kuyt! Well, I have been calling for his head for some time now, but I'd like to get this point across more than any other. I do not want Kuyt playing on the right wing for Liverpool Football Club. He is ultimately a striker, a point I have stressed for some time, and a point I will keep stressing everytime he has a bad game on the 'wing'. There was something different about Kuyt last night, and it was quite simple to see, he was 'enjoying' himself out there and he looked 'happy' playing up top. Imagine how frustrated he must get when Torres is injured and NGog gets the nod? He must be thinking, "F**k me! I'm a f**king striker, a striker! Why can't I stand in for Torres? Let me have a go, give me a run of games up top while Nando recovers." He took his first goal brilliantly and his composure to bury the penalty for a second time was the sign of a player growing in confidence.

All in all, a good performance from the lads, showed a lot of character and guts. It looks like Rafa has a few dilemmas, and what good dilemmas they are to have. After Carra's brutal display of force and passion, does he give the armband to Carra for the rest of the season to ease the pressure on Gerrard? After Aquilani's display in the hole, does he keep him there and drop Gerrard back? And whilst Kuyt revelled in the lone striker role and his link play with Aquilani, does he select Kuyt in his natural position ahead of NGog whilst Torres recovers? Certain players needed to step up last night, and they all did.

Well done Redmen, you did us proud and gave us something to be positive about. This is just the start, the job starts now.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE  =   IN RAFA WE TRUST !!!!!!!!!

I don't F***ing believe it! I've been F***ing negged for saying the word,"Yid." And i have been called a racist and anti semitic. Get a F***ing life, this country is F***ing pathetic. I get called Taffy in work, do i F***ing moan about it? Do i F**k, as it's just banter for fucks sake! They didn't leave a name, what a surprise.

Here's an idea, why don't you neg every other poster who's used the word 'Yid'? w**ker!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #292: Jan 21, 2010 04:02:23 pm
      Calm down Taffy..... ;)

Everyone knows Spurs are known as the yids so whoever that is needs to get a life.

They even sing YIDS.

Out of interest I have a few negs as you can see but how do you check to see who it is then..?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #293: Jan 21, 2010 04:06:04 pm
      I don't F***ing believe it! I've been F***ing negged for saying the word,"Yid." And i have been called a racist and anti semitic. Get a F***ing life, this country is F***ing pathetic. I get called Taffy in work, do i F***ing moan about it? Do i F**k, as it's just banter for fucks sake! They didn't leave a name, what a surprise.

Here's an idea, why don't you neg every other poster who's used the word 'Yid'? w**ker!
      Ask Yossi how he feels about being called a Yid it's regarded as a derogatory term for a Jew whereas Taffy is an affectionate term for a Welshman.
      They may sing songs with the word in it but songs are also heard about Munich,Hillsbrough and Heysel which are as offensive.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2010 04:11:40 pm by stuey »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      Reply #294: Jan 21, 2010 04:09:44 pm
      Calm down Taffy..... ;)

Everyone knows Spurs are known as the yids so whoever that is needs to get a life.

They even sing YIDS.

Out of interest I have a few negs as you can see but how do you check to see who it is then..?

You can't tell who's left a neg unless they put their name on the comment mate. I've never negged anyone, i prefer to have it out on the board and say (type) it like it is. And even if i did neg someone, i'd definitely leave my name after the comment. I suppose the Mods would know, but i doubt they'd tell you though.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #295: Jan 21, 2010 04:10:55 pm
      I got a neg yesterday for repeating myself, ..... Well I wouldnt need to repeat myself if you wern't such a thick b***ard ;D

That was a shitty reason to be honest Hardcore especially on the back of such a good post.

Back on Topic.

Who woke up happy as F***ing larry this morning ?

I was buzzing, still am to be frankly honest.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #296: Jan 21, 2010 04:13:40 pm
      Ill give you a + so to counter it cause it was a quality post. Will have to give Red one too.. a plus that is
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #297: Jan 21, 2010 04:15:19 pm
      You can't tell who's left a neg unless they put their name on the comment mate. I've never negged anyone, I prefer to have it out on the board and say (type) it like it is. And even if I did neg someone, I'd definitely leave my name after the comment. I suppose the Mods would know, but I doubt they'd tell you though.

Thanks mate for explaining.

Happened to me when I first started posting, not sure why not really bothered though.
      artc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      liverpool v spurs
      Reply #298: Jan 21, 2010 04:18:38 pm
      Well that's better!! talking to some of the lads last night after the game( the ones who went ) i got mixed views on how the match panned out, my view was that Spurs ruled the midfield the first half and pretty even the second half, the lads reckon not, they said Liverpool ruled the whole game, i must admit that when i went to the match you could see Lot's more of the action and we always had a different view than the papers. It appeared to me that we are turning the corner, because if we can beat Spurs with a cobbled together team which played quite well last night, role on the next game!!!

Quick Reply