Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. One thing can happen overnight. What would you choose?

New Player
      (1.5%)
      Erase Debt
      (15.6%)
      New Owners
      (74.8%)
      New Manager
      (2.2%)
      New Stadium
      (5.9%)

The Magic Button. Liverpools #1 Problem Corrected.

Read 6431 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      The Magic Button. Liverpools #1 Problem Corrected.
      Jan 22, 2010 09:32:13 pm
      Apparantly this is team in need of more than one thing to correct our problems.  But, I am curious what everyone thinks is the #1 problem.

If you had the oppurtunity to push a button which would completely correct one problem. What would it be?  New Player?, Stadium? Delete all debt and financial concerns?  New Ownership? New Coach?

You can only push the button once and only correct one problem.

For me.  I would erase all debt.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,275 posts | 2830 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: The Magic Button. Liverpools #1 Problem Corrected.
      Reply #1: Jan 22, 2010 09:37:05 pm
      The debt would be less of a concern if those 2 pr**ks coughed up some cash for transfer targets to be got. And I mean proper top class signings not kids or 2nd rate players or loan deals

Actually our number 1 problem corrected would be those 2 clearing off
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2010 09:43:09 pm by Brian78 »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2: Jan 22, 2010 09:39:36 pm
      Hicks and Gillett.
      (Half each)
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 22, 2010 10:00:02 pm
      The number one problem is them scumbag owner's that dont invest any money at all,and do nothing but cause problem's.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Jan 22, 2010 10:25:18 pm
      Easy the owners
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #5: Jan 22, 2010 11:09:56 pm
      Simple, owners!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Jan 22, 2010 11:51:41 pm
      Buy more buttons. ;)

I'd get rid of Twit and Tw*t.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #7: Jan 22, 2010 11:59:46 pm
      Vote added.

It was a question I wanted to ask on the website but the sheer number of non-reds who visit the site would skew any results.

So the forum is a better place.

My personal view is that the owners have to go. I'm not even intrinsically opposed to some form of debt, although not on the club. I am aware that we all buy our houses for instance basically on loans.

What isn't acceptable is that owners choose to purchase a club and then basically mortgage the future of the club on loans. The loans to buy the club should be 100% their risk.

New owners can come in and take as much debt on as they like, but it has to be in their name.

So, new owners for me.

If we woke up tomorrow and the pair in charge had been replaced then I think the whole spirit of this club and its fans all over the world would completely change in a heart-beat.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2010 12:19:34 am
      New owners for me.

If lets say a rich Arabian company was to buy out the two clowns, they would have no problem taking care of the debt.

This club is a goldmine, a win win situation IMO. Its only a matter of time before a takeover happens, we'll just have to grin and bare H&G for a tad bit longer.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2010 12:41:19 am
      I chose debt for the reason that it would technically solve all the problems at once. W/out Debt the owners are free to spend, free to spend means new players, Happy Rafa,  a new stadium, increased revenue and hopefully winning. Just getting rid of H&G, means they are gone BUT the debt is still their and were still financially fu**ed.

If I knew that the departure of H&G would take ALL the debt with it, then surely I would choose new ownership. But the selling of the team is going to come at a cost and that cost is not going to be paid fully by H&G. Their departure is going to mean that any losses incurred STAY at Liverpool and the get to walk with their a portion of their Initial Investment.  Lets face facts, their is no way they are going to sell the team, in such a way that erases the debt and makes them a profit.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #10: Jan 23, 2010 12:57:06 am
      I chose debt for the reason that it would technically solve all the problems at once. W/out Debt the owners are free to spend, free to spend means new players, Happy Rafa,  a new stadium, increased revenue and hopefully winning. Just getting rid of H&G, means they are gone BUT the debt is still their and were still financially fu**ed.

If I knew that the departure of H&G would take ALL the debt with it, then surely I would choose new ownership. But the selling of the team is going to come at a cost and that cost is not going to be paid fully by H&G. Their departure is going to mean that any losses incurred STAY at Liverpool and the get to walk with their a portion of their Initial Investment.  Lets face facts, their is no way they are going to sell the team, in such a way that erases the debt and makes them a profit.
      Before Roman Abramovich took over Chelsea they were in debt of about £75- £100 million. He took on that debt, took a chance by producing money to the manager for transfers and it paid off, they won silverware and are now practically debt free.

I know our debt is way above what Abramovich took on but its just a matter of a longer period of time in our case. As i have said before this club is a goldmine, a couple of class additions to the squad and we could achieve all sorts of honours.
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #11: Jan 23, 2010 01:05:18 am
      New Owners, bit of a no brainer,

New owners = No Debt = New players = New Stadium = Happy Manager, players and fans = Trophies

Simples
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Jan 23, 2010 01:07:27 am
      New owners!
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #13: Jan 23, 2010 03:23:03 am
      I said no debt, because I'd want to take as much of H & G's money as I could before we kick them to the curb.

I think with no debt, Saudi Princes would be lining up to purchase this club
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14: Jan 23, 2010 06:52:15 am
      I said new stadium.

New owners would be great but who's to say the new owners would clear 227m in debt straight away?

I think a new stadium would help revenue, reduce debt and we can see more money for players.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15: Jan 23, 2010 08:34:19 am
      I said no debt, because I'd want to take as much of H & G's money as I could before we kick them to the curb.

I think with no debt, Saudi Princes would be lining up to purchase this club

I voted exactly the same for exactly the same reasons.  :nod:
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 23, 2010 08:42:48 am
      I vote no debt.   Without the debt the other things on the list are achievable
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,275 posts | 2830 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17: Jan 23, 2010 09:10:18 am
      Before I add my vote I will boldly predict the first 100% in favour poll towards the new owners answer

EDIT: Well well well I was wrong. 2 think a stadium is our number 1 problem  :f_doh:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Jan 23, 2010 09:15:43 am
      Before I add my vote I will boldly predict the first 100% in favour poll towards the new owners answer

;D Ooops.

Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 23, 2010 09:29:43 am
      Got to be the two lying bas**rds who conned their way into getting their hands on our club , this season has been a nightmare because of the side effects of having to use your transfer budget to actually buy ourselves , how have they have got away with it , the bas**rds should be locked up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Jan 23, 2010 09:31:29 am
      New Owners for me... I don't get this Hicks & Gillet would spend if they did not have to make debt re-payments...they could spend their own money to pay off their own loans..yet they use the money the club generates. So If all debt was paid off, I could see them getting another loan for the stadium and yet more money disappearing from the club coffers for interest repayments on that.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21: Jan 23, 2010 10:52:35 am
      If we woke up tomorrow and the pair in charge had been replaced then I think the whole spirit of this club and its fans all over the world would completely change in a heart-beat.

Agreed.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Jan 23, 2010 11:21:48 am
      Has to be new owners can't understand people picking erasing the debt ahead of this, all that would happen with our current owners if the debt was erased would be they would put more debt on us and don't be suprised like Utd if you see our Debts rise to alarming rates if these clowns remain.

Quick Reply