Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match

Read 28072 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match
      Reply #207: Jan 27, 2010 12:59:43 am

By you and a few other moaning idiots who are really starting to piss me off. All your constant and noisy knee jerking is starting to give us a bad name.
      asparagus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -8 
      Reply #208: Jan 27, 2010 01:55:31 am
      By you and a few other moaning idiots who are really starting to piss me off. All your constant and noisy knee jerking is starting to give us a bad name.

Not only me mate, u just go to the liverpoolfc.tv and see yourself many2 people want him to go. With this world's most stubborn manager plus always make a very strange team selection which i reckon other top manager will not be thinking like him, he will definitely bring us backward. Mark my words we will finish middle of the table this season, unless he change his mind set and start thinking like a normal manager did.. :f_steam:
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #209: Jan 27, 2010 02:42:11 am
      rafa is in a mental fog he has lost respect of players they dont buy into his system its just a farce. its like he wants to get fired by his team selections. he doesnt offer liverpool fc nothing we are the laughing stock of the premier league
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #210: Jan 27, 2010 02:53:05 am
      rafa is in a mental fog he has lost respect of players they dont buy into his system its just a farce. its like he wants to get fired by his team selections. he doesnt offer liverpool fc nothing we are the laughing stock of the premier league

1) I didnt know you had direct sources inside the dressing room.
      2) Again, it must be nice to talk directly to players to know how they feel.
      3) Yes, Im sure hes trying to get fired. He clearly hates this club. Thats why he puts up with so much sh*te from the media and "fans" like you.
      4) The most succesful team in English football currently lying in 5th place is the laughing stock of the league? I bet teams like Portsmouth teetering over the edge and all those clubs desperate not to get relegated are thinking "damn this isnt going well...but hey, at least we're not Liverpool! Up there in 5th place with some of the worlds best players and playing in Europe!"

F***ing gobs***e.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #211: Jan 27, 2010 03:58:05 am
      I have been concerned about this for most of the season. I am of the opinion that no player is undropable no matter who they are, how long they have been at the club and where they are from but it does seem that Rafa is afraid to not play either Stevie or Carra.

I'm not saying that they are the only poor performers this season but there are times when if their performances were from any other player then they would be out of the team for a few games.

the only problem I have with your comment is that, as far as I can tell, Rafa doesn't ever consider form when he picks a team. He drops players who are doing well, rests strikers who are scoring bagfulls of goals, perseveres with people out of form for months, then just when they come good he benches them again.

no, Rafa is a good guy and has lots of good qualities but when it comes to man-management he is borderline insane. his decisions probably are scientific and based on data up the wazoo but from a purely emotional sense, which is what drives the players, they are often ridiculous.

all this is no problem when things are going well. the players can at least accept his ways because the results seem to prove he is right. but as soon as things are going wrong it must surely be very hard for them to take.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #212: Jan 27, 2010 04:07:49 am

you know what, i'm sick of this "knee jerk" accusation. just because someone comments negatively on Rafa doesn't necessarily mean it is based on the latest result. who is to say that the comment hasn't been building for months, or even years?

and even if it is "knee jerk", so what? it is still an opinion which someone is entitled to have.

and what about all the people who suddenly start crowing about how great we are all of a sudden and Rafa is a genius after one good result? isn't that just as much knee jerk?

face facts people...this team has been out of sorts for 3 months or more and Rafa doesn't seem to know how to solve it. maybe no one can unless they get 100 million to spend on it, who knows? but just stating that things are sh*te isn't "knee jerk" it's a F***ing fact!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #213: Jan 27, 2010 04:15:18 am
      Not only me mate, u just go to the liverpoolfc.tv and see yourself many2 people want him to go. With this world's most stubborn manager plus always make a very strange team selection which i reckon other top manager will not be thinking like him, he will definitely bring us backward. Mark my words we will finish middle of the table this season, unless he change his mind set and start thinking like a normal manager did.. :f_steam:

Haha lfc.tv forum? More unimaginative and general bullshit in there than 'The Memoirs of Alex Ferguson'.

They read rumours and think it's the bible.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #214: Jan 27, 2010 04:20:50 am
      This is frankly getting embarrassing now. A team aspiring for a champions league spot should surely get past Wolves, or atleast play much better than we played last night.
      sh*te performance it was. Any other opposition with a better killer instinct, and we would have lost the match.
      I was at a loss to understand why Aquilani wasn't used. Rafa said later that the choice was between Aquilani and Stevie G, and frankly speaking I now think Aquilani would have been a better choice. Gerrard seemed the most UNINTERESTED player in the field.
      We seemed to misplace many of our passes, our work in the final third was shameful as usual.
      I normally don't switch channels when a liverpool match is on TV, but TBH, we were so useless yesterday that I was constantly flicking channels to see if something more interesting was coming on TV.  :-\

Also, though I support Rafa whole-heartedly, I was frustrated by his lack of substitutions yesterday. A game like this, I would have loved to see Pacheco, Aquilani, or hell, even Babel come on. Why didn't Rafa make those substitutions?
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #215: Jan 27, 2010 04:25:34 am
      Just got home from Spain. Haven't seen the match so can't comment - although what I've heard is not encouraging.

What I will wonder about though is why a team that quite clearly stood up, showed a big pair of balls and beat Spurs with some honest fight, was changed. Doesn't make sense.

amen brother, i hear you there
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #216: Jan 27, 2010 04:31:29 am
      I didnt get to see the game but still i can't understand why rafa changed the team that played against Spurs.

Anyone who has played a little of football knows that understanding with your teamates is a big part of the game. You gotta know what your teamates can and will do with the ball. We are talking about players not being selected - Aquilani, Degen-  but, even though i think they both deserved to be on the pitch tonight, i think even more seriously than the whole team should have been given a new chance to show if that last game was just a lucky shot or maybe something promising on the horizon. Players definitely must be feeling desorientated with all the weird changes Rafa likes to do...

What i'm trying to say is that sometimes we no longer seem to be a team at all because of the lack of consistency -besides injuries- from Rafa's pickings. Yes i do think Rafa might be to blame for this game, although i didnt see it.

And BTW, i really think Aquilani has been playing, if maybe not amazingly, pretty promising and encouragingly. So if Rafa didn't get him to play because he thought he couldn't last for another match i'd say just f***in' play him!! And when he's clearly too tired to keep running take him out, i mean he must've felt so F***ing bad sitting on the bench after playing a major, major part in our vivtory against Tottenham.

i'm not saying we would've won this game, i just think the team and the lads DESERVED to play today. C'mon Rafa, show a little heart for the players somewhere...
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #217: Jan 27, 2010 04:33:35 am
      Carra shouldn't play, Insua shouldn't play, Gerrard shouldn't play and Kuyt is kinda 50-50 thing for me.
      gironda
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | -1 
      Reply #218: Jan 27, 2010 05:05:25 am
      I didn't watch the game but... Jesus christ, waking up and seeing 0-0 did not surprise me a whit.

Nor did hearing the Aquilani didn't even get a go.

Clearly Rafa underestimated Wolves and thought we could get away with a win while resting poor, fragile Alberto and giving Gerrard some minutes to build up fitness.

Wrong again Rafa.

I just don't know what to say. I don't want Rafa outm but goddamnit I want some answers!

Why such ridiculous selections?

Do you tell the defense to play long ball football?

I didn't see the post match interview, what did Rafa say? Was it the usual "created chances, controlled blah blah" or did he concede that we were sh*te?
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #219: Jan 27, 2010 05:18:42 am
      i don't know what was that.. sigh..

i missed the work today because i woke up at 4 to watch the match..

why Aquilani didn't play??

i don't know what's Rafa thinking.. is he really wants us to..

Forget it..

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #220: Jan 27, 2010 05:45:10 am
      I had to work and missed the match but after going through some heavy reading of 7 pages of this thread suggests that the team performance is really bad. But my question is why change the team tactics and players when thay have performed remarkably well the last time. Is Rafa telling us that Wolves is better that Spurs? No disrespect to Wolves of course they are what they are at the moment. We don't need Stevie the last time to beat Spurs what makes Rafa thinks that he needs a half fit Stevie to win the game? I just don't understand. But what anger me most is after one good performance, Rafa tries to be overly smart and change things round  too much hoping to catch the other side off guard by changing the tactics and players. But when they sees 2 defensive midfielders they may say TQVM we ain't gonna attack you, do the attacking cause you simply can't. I've said it all along Rafa tends to over analyze things to the point of paralyzing the performamnce and that he gets himself confused all over with his own tactics while over worrying the opposition tactics.

I'm not suggesting any drastic actions at this point of time but during this interim period till the end of the season we reallly really need to get someone from the old guards back back as a coaching staff that knows how to play the Liverpool way and have a say on the players selection and tactics. I'm sad to say Rafa is not opening his ears and eyes to comments anymore when amaterish supporters in this forum (including me) can see what is wrong and the bulk of the forummers cannot be wrong I'm sure.

Funnily enough, nowadays after each victory i'm overly joyed but when we draw or loss I'm not bitterly dissapointed as I've slowly and surely come to terms that Rafa is not listening to positiev criticisms anymore as he has has got absolute power over everything at the moment, from selection of players, team tactics etc and he doesn't need to listen to anybody else and by firing key staff late last year and hiring his own group of staff iis the beginning a recipe for failure.

I'm afraid only a saviour from the old guards can save our season.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #221: Jan 27, 2010 06:02:33 am
      if i'm aquilani, i'd pull a Babel and look for a loan move back to rome.

Rafa is pathetic in treating the players.
      andyroddick31
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #222: Jan 27, 2010 07:24:57 am
      what in the world is rafa trying to achieve by keeping a clean sheet against wolves. yeah cs do matter but get us a few goals. as soon as i saw the team something told me that if they arent as committed as against spurs well be held.

the main reason is that we do not get the ball out to gerrard or kuyt quickly. yeah gerrard was poor but when you have a team marking your midfield the only way you can catch them is either going to be with pace or on the counter attack. not saying that we should have played on the counter attack but lucas and mascherano will never pass to a player (gerrard in this case) who is being marked very closely. that is due to their sheer mentality not to give the ball away.
      that is where i think aquilani comes in. he seems to have this instinctive brain of how to get that ball to a player. i wudnt mind him giving the ball away twice or thrice if he can get in a decent through ball to put in gerrard or kuyt. he also can switch to the flanks very quickly as he likes to pass it long. with no disrespect to lucas and masch, they should only be played in games where we need to desperately stop the other team playing (spurs was an example).

and why in the world do our defenders just try to hoof the ball when they have a player to pass to. i noticed twice or thrice that skrtel could have passed it to kyrgiakos or carra and instead just decided to put it for a throw. that just tells me that they had been put on the field to take no nonsense and keep a clean sheet in any circumstances.

Something that disappoints me even more is that rafa having seen the game go nowhere for an hour did nothing to change it. yeah he send ngog but he ended playing on wing and was the only player who looked to make something happen.

ive just concluded that when everybody is fit in our squad, aquilani will not find a place in the starting lineup coz we will always play with the 2 holding men even if we are chasing the game
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #223: Jan 27, 2010 07:27:38 am
      Disappointed with the standard of our football,that is all I have to say.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #224: Jan 27, 2010 08:03:14 am
      Disappointed that we didn't manage to win, but it could have been worse.  :-\
      Gerrard should not have been playing though. :roll: Onwards and upwards I suppose, Bolton next, lets hope we snatch 3 points there.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #225: Jan 27, 2010 08:06:26 am
      Clueless. Absolutely no ideas, and no idea on how to play simple football. Couldn't pass a fart chunk out there tonight.

Played a brand of football which even Fat Sam would ashamed to see. Hoof and hope against Wolves is just embarrassing. When they got it on the deck they shifted it nicely, we on the other hand couldn't find another red shirt. No one and I mean NO ONE looks, it's pure hit-and-hope.

Why go from a winning formation against Spurs to this? When this happens, and results like this follow, then it is time to question Rafa. One thing to put a sh*te shift in as a player, it's another thing to be sent out completely wrong in the first place.

Why the hell Gerrard played 93 minutes I'll never understand. No where near fit, or even match-pace ready. 15 or 20mins as a sub yes, but he was fu**ed by 50mins and was carried ther rest of the game. Once upon a time, a 25% fit Gerrard could still pull the magic out of the hat, but right now, he needs easing back in, otherwise he'll be back on the table rocked for another 3-4 weeks. Absolutely baffling decision to play him and the keep playing him while clearly yard behind the game.

On from there, we have no creativity, and before that idea o playing basic football. Where has the ability to pass and move gone? Why do we just collapse into hoofing the ball as soon as we have it. Why do we never bring the ball under control instead of just heading it aimlessly into a random area, away from any red shirt. Why do we never stop, look think and then pass? We were clueless tonight.

Not one player can come out of that game with any credit. sh*t play and daft fouls. F**k it, Reina. Had nothing to do, so nothing to F**k up. Exclude Maxi, he's adjusting but the rest were dire. no excuses, it's one step forward and one step back. The manager and coaching staff have big question marks over them, because we can only be applying this type of 2nd division football on the training pitch, why else would we keep playing this bullshit brand of dire football.
      Liverpool HOOF the Ball.
      pragmatic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #226: Jan 27, 2010 08:21:52 am
      why oh why oh why did we not just play the same team we did against the spuds. I cant understand it shocking performance to be honest. I am getting really pissed off with football as a whole. The commentators last night were so anti Liverpool it was untrue (sky italia English commentary) but they were given ammunition by such an awful display. Rubbish total rubbish. If we keep going like this we will be in the championship before long and that is a fact Rafa.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #227: Jan 27, 2010 08:22:02 am
      Clueless. Absolutely no ideas, and no idea on how to play simple football. Couldn't pass a fart chunk out there tonight.

Spot on. The first thing that came to my mind was that we were running around like a bunch of headless chickens.
      If the players can't even play simple passing game, they shouldn't be footballers at all, let alone play at a club like Liverpool.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #228: Jan 27, 2010 09:03:22 am
      Would love to have seen Rafa just roll the dice a little last night and put on Aquilani and Pacheco with 30 and 20 mins to go respectfully.
      Reira and Gerrard aren't fully fit and I think a more adventurous approach would have won this game. Still another clean sheet though so well done Kyrgiakos for coming in and stopping the goals leaking in by installing a bit of confidence back into the defencive line
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,234 posts | 2811 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #229: Jan 27, 2010 09:06:41 am
      What Ive gathered from posts here and talking to people who seen the game..

Fook all attempts on goal
      Reina our best player
      Hoofing aerial balls from the back
      Players looked like they werent arsed

Are they fair comments?

I also notice that Pacheco and Aquilani, 2 men who might create things, were left sitting on the bench!

Quick Reply