Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match

Read 28126 times
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Re: Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match
      Reply #253: Jan 27, 2010 01:25:42 pm

No he's taking the piss. He has an unhealthy obsession with Lucas though.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #254: Jan 27, 2010 01:35:56 pm
      Ive never seen a brazillian that has less flare than Lucas
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #255: Jan 27, 2010 01:41:15 pm
      Can anyone tell me how the crowd were last night towards the team and Rafa - I missed the game and only caught the last 15 minutes on the radio.

What the reaction at the final whistle like..?

Thanks
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #256: Jan 27, 2010 01:46:27 pm
      Ive never seen a brazillian that has less flare than Lucas

Dunga?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #257: Jan 27, 2010 01:57:02 pm
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #258: Jan 27, 2010 02:23:49 pm
      Well!Finally got through all the posts Phew.
      I stayed up to watch the whole game on LFC TV @ Midnight (not knowing the result).After 10 minutes it felt like I was sitting in a dentists waiting room waiting to be called in for root canal treatment (with no Anastasia).For 80 mins the fear was that Wolves might nick a goal and if they did.Where on earth would we find an equaliser?POOR would be an understatement.
                                                            Yays & Nays.
      YAYS = (1) The ball was constantly "whacked" up field to no one in particular.
                   (2) When the ball WAS on the ground,it seemed like it was a hot potato(no one wanted it) see(1)
                   (3) Aquilani & Pacheco (creative type players)should defo should have been introduced.
                   (4)The pitch was a disgrace.(but the same for both teams)  

NAYS = (1) NO individual player should be singled out and blamed for such a S***e performance.Collactively they were BAD.

Now all we can do is get behind Rafa and the Players at Anfield(as we do)at the weekend and take it out on Bolton (as we used to do)
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #259: Jan 27, 2010 02:46:53 pm
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #260: Jan 27, 2010 04:01:15 pm
      1 SHOT ON TARGET!!!

Thats a disgrace, I could of done better!!!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #261: Jan 27, 2010 04:04:59 pm
      Can anyone tell me how the crowd were last night towards the team and Rafa - I missed the game and only caught the last 15 minutes on the radio.

In support of Rafa Benitez AS ALWAYS, if you meant the Reds faithful.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #262: Jan 27, 2010 04:07:15 pm
      just watched it...................... ..................  dire  ..............forgettabl e...............unliverp ool.................

we wouldnt have scored in a brothel last night
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #263: Jan 27, 2010 04:10:53 pm
      just watched it...................... ..................  dire  ..............forgettabl e...............unliverp ool.................

we wouldnt have scored in a brothel last night
      I doubt if you could score in a brothel so leave it out with the  "we".
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #264: Jan 27, 2010 04:12:33 pm
      I stayed up to watch the whole game on LFC TV @ Midnight (not knowing the result).After 10 minutes it felt like I was sitting in a dentists waiting room waiting to be called in for root canal treatment (with no Anastasia).For 80 mins the fear was that Wolves might nick a goal and if they did.Where on earth would we find an equaliser?POOR would be an understatement.
                                                            Yays & Nays.
                   (2) When the ball WAS on the ground,it seemed like it was a hot potato(no one wanted it) see(1)
                   (3) Aquilani & Pacheco (creative type players)should defo should have been introduced.

NAYS = (1) NO individual player should be singled out and blamed for such a S***e performance.Collactively they were BAD.

Now all we can do is get behind Rafa and the Players at Anfield(as we do)at the weekend and take it out on Bolton (as we used to do)

We should all get behind Rafa when he is on a cliff............and push......20 million well saved
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #265: Jan 27, 2010 04:17:25 pm
      We should all get behind Rafa when he is on a cliff............and push......20 million well saved

Have we always had as many knobend supporters like this? I cant remember sh*t like this being spouted everywhere so much before...
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #266: Jan 27, 2010 04:23:12 pm
      Well just watched the match because i was working last night and to be honest not much to say as it was bloody dire.Whats with all this hoofing buisness(carra/masch)for gods sake pass it .Why was A/A on the bench when a wee bit of inventivness was the order of the day .total bobbins and two points dropped ........come on lads/rafa your better than this garbage now sort bolton out ..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #267: Jan 27, 2010 05:00:56 pm
      It's well documented that I have no time for a two (holding) in midfield and particularly when the 'two' are Lucas & Masch. I don't believe there's any need, whatsoever, for us to line up with two, very similar, defensive midfielders against any team; much less, sh*te like Wolves.

It sends out a very clear message that, above all else, we are afraid of losing. That we are content with a draw - we may nick a goal but a draw will do. A F***ing draw will do if you're trying to avoid relegation - a draw will never do if you want to win leagues.

Wolves, like every other mediocre team we play now, know that their worst case scenario is a draw with the chance of a win from a set-piece. They're like pigs in sh*t when they know that all they have to do is keep tabs on one or two (at most) of our players and the vital point is guaranteed. Our players a bound to pick up on this too and just have to be demoralised.

Now compound this negative tactic by refusing to use all the creative weapons at your disposal and you make one, big, F**k-off rod for your back. A 'rod' that even the most loyal of friends will find it hard to fend off. The thing is, in life, your true, loyal, friends will intervene when you look like F***ing things up. They, (your real allies), will tell you enough is enough. Ignore them and you'll alienate them.

Enough is enough Rafa.

*agitated rant ends.... :-\

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #268: Jan 27, 2010 05:29:01 pm
      when is PACHEO going to get a chance because he might be the silver bullet. scores goals for fun has skillset passion and desire. he was bred to do this. anytime he has played for the first team he has impressed does rafa owe these underperformers chance after chance. make way for a future star
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #269: Jan 27, 2010 07:16:37 pm
      That was one of the worst performances this season. We showed no heart, desire, passion, creativity, cohesion, flair, skill, composure, leadership, direction or even ability to pass a football last nite....it was shocking!
      Forget team selection at the start, coz if we had the type of commitment as showed against Spurs, this would have been 3 points easily. However with Spurs it was clear that they were an attacking threat, but with Wolves last night after 5 minutes it became clear that they were only interested in getting a point by sitting deep and defending, with counter attcks via long balls to their lone striker. This should have been the que for Rafa to take off one of his holding midfielders (Lucas / Masch) at halftime and bring on Aquilani, Babel, Ngog or Pacheco...in fact any attack minded player.
      Our tactics were poor indeed and the longer he left it, the more difficult it became to make a positive substitution at the risk of losing the game, simply coz Wolves were becoming confident as we posed NO threat.
      What was alarming to me was that we couldnt create one good chance and werent able to put them under any kind of pressure...it was scary and painfull to watch.

No LFC supporter should endure such a poor display...they looked like a bunch of strangers playing together for the first time last night.

We better hammer Bolton, to get this performance out of our system.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #270: Jan 27, 2010 07:38:57 pm
      Watched the game sporadically whilst at work yesterday, was not impressed but couldn't show my emotions the way I normally would as the Boss was within my vicinity all day.

Read up to Page 8 on here before I left for the day and decided that after reading all those posts I would either go home and watch it or watch repeat episodes of Gossip Girl and Entourage and the final episode of Californication.

I made the right choice so I can't really comment on the match.

mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #271: Jan 27, 2010 09:06:38 pm
                                                            Yays & Nays.

Do you often get root canal treatment with lost Russian Princesses? ;)

Agreed with all your points though.  It was one of the most uninspiring displays from a Liverpool side I've ever witnessed.  Can't even remember a single chance being created by anyone.  The ball spent more time in the sky than on the ground and even though Rafa named a decent team I thought, he definitely FUBARed with the substitutions, or lack of them.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #272: Jan 28, 2010 12:35:58 am
      just ended seeing the game...

Very sad performance indeed, even worse than what i expected after reading the posts here.

BTW, am i the only one feeling a little uncomfortable with my thoughts about Rafa's skills after seeing this game? I mean those were plain horrible tactics and even worse, terribly worse substitutions... and poor Aquilani, i bet he must be feeling like kicking rafa in the back of the neck.
      El Jeffe
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #273: Jan 28, 2010 07:50:32 am
      A draw with a recently promoted side i wonder if we will actually make it to the top four this season!
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #274: Jan 28, 2010 08:15:43 am
      I've been often saying that is our system - and pointing to last year and how it worked so well.

But the basic fact is now, and it's saying something when I reach this point, is that the system just isn't working.  Even with 4-4-2 our midfield should be of enough quality to out-boss most teams.

Failing that and if we were to stick to our current formation I'm not sure we can continue playing two holding midfielders. We are being starved of chances.  If Rafa refuses to play Gerrard on the right then he has to put him back in to midfield - partnering either Leiva or Mascherano. To be honest I don't care which because I think they have both been decent this season. Aquilani behind a striker who is capable of remembering he is playing up front - which for me at the moment is N'gog.

I agree JD, i cant remember the last time a Liverpool side created so few chances. Your solutions i believe are what we need to do so that we can first of all get Gerrard more involved and also because we need the more creative players on the pitch.

However i get the feeling that it doesnt matter how much we all want the changes made Rafa wont be doing a thing about it. He clearly doesnt rate Aquilani as highly as we do and he clearly doesnt trust the young players like Pacheco.

Quick Reply