Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Wolves 0-0 Liverpool: Post Match

Read 28134 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #46: Jan 26, 2010 09:45:08 pm
      At least I am happy that we did not lose. Such is my expectation of the team now. Yes it has fallen dramatically and I am more tolerant of dropping points than ever. I believe the staff and the squad feel that way too.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #47: Jan 26, 2010 09:45:18 pm
      No man of the match for me, they were all terrible.

Ironically, I thought Riera was doing quite well, then he got subbed.

I couldnt believe that decision. A few should have went before him, especially the captain
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #48: Jan 26, 2010 09:45:43 pm
      Feel like knee capping our entire defence, that way they won't be able to hoof the ball.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #49: Jan 26, 2010 09:45:49 pm
      at this moment i would be very glad if he announced he was off to juventus and he was taking insua with him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #50: Jan 26, 2010 09:45:57 pm
      I hope Sammy Lee threw a few heavy objects towards Gerrard.

We need him out for another month.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Jan 26, 2010 09:46:07 pm
      Come one, come all we have Liverpool players for sale.

England internationals, England rejects, a Slovakian nutter, Brazilian hopefuls, and the most non-Dutch striker in history! Get in quick because they'll only decrease in value.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #52: Jan 26, 2010 09:46:26 pm
      This seesaw/zigzag performance is tiring. Gerrard should have rested more.

No creativity in the midfield.
      No hunger for the ball.
      No attacking prowess.
      No maxi width.
      No Carragher brilliance.
      Crap!

We just ballooned the ball and generally played like Wolverhamton

MOTM: LUCAS/MASCHERANO
      MsGerrard
      Reply #53: Jan 26, 2010 09:46:44 pm
      I haven't seen the game and to be honest I don't think I'll be going out of my way to watch it, sounded pretty dire on the radio and from reading all your reports on here it sounded abysmal to you guys too.

One thing.....I'm not happy with the way Gerrard has been taking ALL the stick from everyone, one man doesn't make a team FFS, I know he hasn't played  well but just remember all the times he has pulled us out the sh*t on so many occasions. He is allowed to have a bad game you know  :f_steam:

Rant Over.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #54: Jan 26, 2010 09:46:50 pm
      Gerrard has been performing way below par this season. I hate these soulless performance by the team.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #55: Jan 26, 2010 09:47:25 pm
      Let's all go down The Strand.

Is that place still standing?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #56: Jan 26, 2010 09:47:35 pm
      Real poor game tonight, but at least we didn't lose, and one point is better than none.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #57: Jan 26, 2010 09:47:43 pm
      Criticizing Gerrard for his performance is probably justified as he had a piss poor game as did pretty much everyone else in a red shirt, but when all you've got to feed off is constant high, long balls then you're not going to do much.  Kyrgiakos, Carra, Skrtel, Insua and Mascherano take note and keep the f**king ball on the f**king ground!!!
      agree totally, the idea is to play football, not whack it straight back to the opposition.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #58: Jan 26, 2010 09:47:52 pm
      Not the worst we ever played but I have to offer the opinion that we were better last week without Gerrard. Is there something in the players contracts that says they have to pass to him all the time? Nullify Stevie and it all goes to poo. !!
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #59: Jan 26, 2010 09:47:59 pm
      we played like a team with nothing to play for, no drive, no passion, sub par on so many counts.
      Rafa got it all wrong, never got men forward, if we weren't lumping it aimlessly forward to the opposition
      Gerrard and Kuyt ended up in our half trying to pick up the ball. Says it all that we go to Wolves play conservatively
      and despite playing so poorly Rafa does little to mix it up leaving Aquilani on the bench and with Ngog ending up
      on the wing
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #60: Jan 26, 2010 09:48:03 pm
      Come one, come all we have Liverpool players for sale.

England internationals, England rejects, a Slovakian nutter, Brazilian hopefuls, and the most non-Dutch striker in history! Get in quick because they'll only decrease in value.

F**k if these lads are tired and lethargic now half way through a season I dread to think what they'll be like at this stage next year after the world cup. ;D
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #61: Jan 26, 2010 09:48:09 pm
      I hate to say this... but this is the moment I lost faith in Rafa... In Gerrard and the f***in Team
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #62: Jan 26, 2010 09:49:07 pm
      awful performance... no creativity, hardly any shots.. Gerrard shouldnt of started clearly not match fit & he needs to stop taking corners, get on the edge of the box!

Ngog looked lively.. gutted we didnt have Aquilani in centre mid!! Carra is sh*te at RB hurry up martin kelly, Insua works hard but isnt good enough yet, lets himself down with the final ball.. Lucas plays alright but is too similar to Masch could go on and on..

dont know what else to say.. seems like half the players just didnt turn up tonight!

well done any away travelling fans who were there.. you did your job as usual!
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #63: Jan 26, 2010 09:49:21 pm
      its so sad that everyone else beats wolves, and we have a draw with them.....the only reason for this is WE DID NOT ATTACK THEM!!! im sorry but the players are resoncible for this and should be deducted 1 weeks wage for that crap.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #64: Jan 26, 2010 09:49:29 pm
      Really hope I don't come across his post match interview or I may break the TV, I know what we'll hear, "we had good chances, we improved and had a good mentality, we are always improving and we'll see what we can do, oh and Pacheco will never get the play time he deserves". Big cheeeeeesy grin because at the end of the day, he gets what he wants, a big greasy pay check, and us the fans get jack sh*te!
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #65: Jan 26, 2010 09:49:43 pm
      Noticed us doing that a lot 'hoofing' the ball.  Still didn't concede a sloppy goal in the dying moments but I'll reserve proper comments till I've seen the full 93 mins BLOODY HELL still 3 points adrift!   :f_steam:
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #66: Jan 26, 2010 09:49:46 pm
      Obviously Rafa was playing for the draw. Or he's blind, my trust in Rafa is at the end of the road. Money or no money from the owners they were playing Wolves!! Not one reason to draw that game, not one! We were poor from bad selection and idiotic tactics. No substitution other than a most ridiculous one of takng off Riera arguably the player that made the largest impact. . Rafa what happened?
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #67: Jan 26, 2010 09:49:56 pm
      one touch fooball for 90mins.....pity they were all 60 yard passes!
      our imagination is non existent.we are so predicable.really poor.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #68: Jan 26, 2010 09:50:08 pm
      The players and staff really look like they can live with mediocrity. None of them look furious with themselves. Just upset and frustrated. Some look emotionless.  

Quick Reply