Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Despite Everything

Read 3264 times
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 156 posts |
      Despite Everything
      Jan 28, 2010 02:23:50 am
      So I'm awake at this silly hour waiting for the bird to get in from a night out, and I was watching Sky Sports News on the sly, when I realized one thing.

At the moment the table stands like this.

Team   P   W   D   L   F   A   W   D   L   F   A   GD   PTS
      1   Chelsea   22   11   1   0   37   8   5   2   3   18   10   37   51
      2   Man Utd   23   10   1   1   31   8   6   1   4   22   11   34   50
      3   Arsenal   23   9   1   1   34   11   6   3   3   25   14   34   49
      4   Tottenham   23   8   1   3   28   8   4   4   3   16   16   20   41
      5   Liverpool   23   7   2   2   28   11   4   3   5   12   15   14   38

Yes, we are far behind the chavs in terms on League title, but by our standards we are having a "bad" season. Yet with this "bad" season, we are 3 points off Spurs, and everyone is dropping points above us at the moment.

I think we should get behind our team at this point, with what they have achieved with Torres (IMO our only real striker) out, and Gerrard's drop on form for how much we have achieved considering circumstance.

Come on Reds! Let's get third! It's in our grasp!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Despite Everything
      Reply #1: Jan 28, 2010 02:57:18 am
      Agree. With this being such an odd season I still see no reason that if the boys get their act together that we shouldn't get VERY high in the table. We are doing terribly but others aren't exactly walking away with the title are they?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Jan 28, 2010 03:45:25 am
      Been too shattered to even look at the table, didn't even realize we were 3 points off Tottenham...F**k that's better than I imagined.

Saying that, can't believe we've slipped 11 points behind Arsenal in 3rd place  :mad:
      idwLFC89
      • Banned

• 252 posts | 11 
      Reply #3: Jan 28, 2010 04:12:18 am
      If Villa had won today, it would have made our task a bit more daunting.

Unfortunately, there's those two games in hand that the clubs around us have. It's just like last year with United, we looked like we were going to win the league until they won their two games in hand

Botton line: we need to control our own destiny and stop dropping points
      Keldo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 28, 2010 04:22:16 am
      We need strikers in to shoot us into 4th - other wise were going to finshed outside & our big names will be off :(
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Jan 28, 2010 07:41:51 am
      We need strikers in to shoot us into 4th - other wise were going to finshed outside & our big names will be off :(
      And defenders to stop last minute goals that have cost us points this season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Jan 28, 2010 09:02:21 am
      We have been piss-poor all season and we shouldn't forget that fact just because teams around us are also ordinary.

To ignore that would be very foolish - "Despite" the table.

Whilst it'll do; finishing 4th, "despite" being poor, isn't really a great achievement.  :-\

fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #7: Jan 28, 2010 09:50:28 am
      I think many people forget that its not just LFC who have had poor seasons in the past.

Arsenal have, Utd have, and you could even say chelsea had last season?

Thing what makes this season different though, is the vast improvement of the competition. The league in general has improved in the last five years or so, but the likes of Villa, Spurs and now City all have a good chance of finishing in the top four.

That means, any side from the 'famous top 4' have a inconsistent season, they could lose out and finish 5th, 6th or dare say it, even 7th. Thats what we find ourseleves in right now, were going through a really really rough patch and in the previous years, when arsenal or utd weren't at their best, they would still be good enough to finish inside the top 4 because the rest of the league was pretty crap to be honest. Its not like that now.

Having a divide though and calling for Rafas head and moaning about the team week in week out makes the problem go from bad to worse. It really does. Look at the spurs game, from the whistle the fans were right behind the team and Rafa and then look what happened. The players responded and we smashed spurs to bits. If the Kop does the same against Bolton and then Everton, theres not a doubt in my mind we will pick up 6 points there.

All the Rafa-bashers out there, forget Rafa for now, just get behind the team like you usually/always do and just take some pressure off the lads for a change.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #8: Jan 28, 2010 10:46:34 am
      I mentioned this the other day when some tit was moaning about how we're the laughing stock of the league.

Yes we've had some poor results...BUT...if we get any kind of run of wins going and we get a fully fit squad back, then we'll do alot better than the doom and gloom media and analysts are predicting.

At the end of the storm, theres a golden sky! (I love YNWA...its so true)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #9: Jan 28, 2010 11:59:47 am
      If we had the same points as this time last year we would have been only one place higher in 4th.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Jan 28, 2010 12:08:03 pm
      If we had the same points as this time last year we would have been only one place higher in 4th.

Let's hope we can put together an end to this season similar to how we attacked and pushed on during the last campaign, then!

We have it in us, just need give some of the lads a shake, others a kick in the arse!
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 28, 2010 12:35:16 pm
      the problem is Man City - I think they will punish us (the other 2 aint up to it)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #12: Jan 28, 2010 01:18:06 pm
      the problem is Man City - I think they will punish us (the other 2 aint up to it)

Thats my worry as well. But we have some massive games in February & March, we will rise to it.

I even have confidence that we mights crawl into 3rd. 1 of the top 3 will have a real bad patch when the champions league kicks in. Maybe even be the mancs, they have carling cup final to coem now too. Loads of Injuries. I would love it if they started having a mare in the league, and city & us end up above them. ;D.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Jan 28, 2010 01:41:19 pm
      Vermalen broken leg for Arsenal.. Come on the chase for a top three finish
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #14: Jan 28, 2010 02:00:41 pm
      Excellent post mate. It does really show that despite having a bad season, we are not that far away.....okay we are 13points of ManUre and they have a game in hand but if you take into account the kind of season we have had, we aren't in the kind of position i believed we were in. I am not saying that i am happy with being 13points of United, but its just not as bad as i thought, especially with the teams ahead of us constantly dropping points. However, i really didn't realise how good of a position Arsenal are in.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Jan 28, 2010 02:07:17 pm
      I'm taking it one game at a time, we are far too inconsistent and playing the worst football I have seen us play since the Souness days, I still think we'll turn it around..just it may be too little to late.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #16: Jan 29, 2010 11:25:35 am
      Excellent post mate ;D

Despite everything....i believe that the guys who pull on the cherished red shirt every week will pull through and get us where we need to be by April......

and the league table is proof that we can do what is needed when it counts....
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Jan 29, 2010 11:44:21 am
      We must be looking at fourth now, 11 points from Arsenal is to much, if we are looking at 3rd we might as well look at another 2 points further and aim for top spot ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Jan 29, 2010 11:45:05 am
      Vermalen broken leg for Arsenal.. Come on the chase for a top three finish

Scratch that. Back to fighting for 4th
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 29, 2010 12:46:30 pm
        xxxxx:action-smiley-065: Hello

You seemed to have missed City off with 2 games in hand. End of Jan looming we really need to put a run together - all this drawing bullshit " positives....unbeaten in 3" just ain't good enough we could draw every game til the end of the season and still remain unbeaten but where would we be!?

Rafa needs to pick his team, set his stall out (barring injuries) keep it consistant and stop rotating. We don't need to rotate this season, we need to concentrate on grabing 4th, chopping and changing ain't doing anything for confidence.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #20: Jan 29, 2010 02:24:42 pm
      Good post mate, but its not just Rafa, the first XI who go out on the pitch need to pull their weight and play for the shirt & the badge, not their bank balances.....

Maybe they need a reminder that "Siempre Es Posible"???

And a look back to half time at the Ataturk???
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 156 posts |
      Reply #21: Feb 07, 2010 05:50:37 pm
      After Everton win, and Arsenal losing atm, and Tottenham and Man City F***ing up yesterday, If we get a result at Arsenal, we will be 2 point's behind them.

Come on RedMen! We can F***ing do this!!
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #22: Feb 07, 2010 09:18:19 pm
      Could finish like this I reckon: Chelsea
                                               Man U
                                               Liverpool
                                               Man City
                                               Arsenal
                                               Tottenham
                                               Villa