Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Wanted: New Liverpool manager. Must have GSOH

Read 11979 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Wanted: New Liverpool manager. Must have GSOH
      Reply #46: Jan 29, 2010 08:07:41 am
      Excellent article that.

I think he reads our forum. ;)
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #47: Jan 29, 2010 08:26:35 am
      Good, well balanced article. It's not this sh*te that seems to pop up with their Rafa out flags.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: Jan 29, 2010 09:05:37 am
      Great article that didnt realise RLFCB had a job working for the paper as a journo......
      I know its not him but the points in it all look familiar. Scenarios of moving on all revolve around Rafa choosing to leave and I still hope he doesn't let the haters run him out of the club before we start to see the fruitition of his project. Although whether he will be able to finish the job with g&h at the helm is an entirely different matter
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #49: Jan 29, 2010 09:37:17 am
      articles like this aren't good for the state of the club, I suggest we ignore it as best we can

we don't need anyone in the media giving Rafa incentive to leave himself

Wrong.

This article should be posted to as many supporters as possible so they can see through most of the media crap that is written about Benitez.

This is the real situation we find ourselves in and for those that think a change in manager would solve all our issues you are gravely mistaken.

Next stop Alan Curbishley....
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #50: Jan 29, 2010 11:10:19 am

Mate you must be the most pessemistic red on this forum, if you are actually a red that is? sound more like a bitter bluenose, manc or Chelscum fan to me

if u haven't got anythin to say relating to the topic at hand then do us a favour and dont say anything at all???
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2010 11:19:56 am by SpionKop88 »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #51: Jan 29, 2010 11:28:41 pm

Actually I prefer you to go.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: Jan 29, 2010 11:34:19 pm

Me too Ban his ass  :mixed-smiley-009:  :boxing:

:couch:

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #53: Jan 30, 2010 12:25:15 am

Lovely Ms G, really speak for a lot of us i think :D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #54: Jan 30, 2010 12:43:40 am
      I fully agree with the article where it says that it is the boardroom and balance sheets that need to change.I bet Houllier has a smile on his face these days and thanks Moores and Parry for getting rid of him before the terrible twins arrived at Anfield and started us on the path to ruin.It will be interesting to see what support the anti RAFA brigade give to RAFAS replacement when he finds that there is no cash available for new players.One other question,how many threads are we going to have on RAFA,could they not be condensed into one under the heading RAFA.
      Billy me and you remember when this club was real.As Sir Bill said,the boardroom are there to sign cheques.All this sh*te nowadays leaves me cold,but I can't give up the fight.Lest we forget brother.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #55: Jan 30, 2010 08:43:57 am
      Billy me and you remember when this club was real.As Sir Bill said,the boardroom are there to sign cheques.All this sh*te nowadays leaves me cold,but I can't give up the fight.Lest we forget brother.
      Those were the days when we were not only respected but feared by every football club worldwide.Those were the days when we had continuity with management and coaching staff and might I add players who wore our L.F.C. shirt with pride and a determination to be the best. Without a doubt the longer Hicks and Gillette have control of our club we will be on a downward spiral and the difficulty for me is we will not be able to get a top class manager to run our club.It was not that long ago when most players would of broken their necks to sign for us and that would also apply to managers.I feel so sad these days Roy when we cannot sign any players in a transfer window and i compare to some of the record signings we made in the 60s/70s and 80s.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #56: Jan 30, 2010 02:53:09 pm
      But the club have secured a £20 million per season sponsorship deal. Not sure how much Carlsberg were paying but I'd think less than a third of that. I don't buy the get rid of Benitez and were fu**ed. £40 million buys 4 quality players if spent carefully and that's all we need to mount a serious challenge. I actually think a change of tactics is all that is needed Benitez has lost it, too defensive and scared of losing.

The £20m per season sponsorship deal is dependant on us qualifying for CL then getting through the group stages to the last 16.  It's all bonus related not guaranteed so we will probably be no better off than we have been with Carlsberg. 

And where is the £40m coming from to buy the 4 quality players?  We still haven't paid the £60m in interest owed to the banks from last summers refinancing agreement (as promised by H&G).

Quick Reply