Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mascherano
      (22.2%)
      Kyrgiakos
      (47.2%)
      Kuyt
      (6.9%)
      Insua
      (15.3%)
      Ngog
      (2.8%)
      Someone else
      (5.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Bolton: Post Match Hugs

Read 20894 times
      Benny Taz
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Bolton: Post Match Hugs
      Reply #92: Jan 30, 2010 09:10:12 pm
      Good result. Good performance. Positives:

1. Stevie - almost back (all he needed was a goal). xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      2. Kyrgiakos - MOTM (The Boss in the Box. Totally owned it) 8)
      3. Insua - involved in both goals. :o
      4. The passing - Our best this month. :)

Well done lads.
      jack
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 298 posts |
      Reply #93: Jan 30, 2010 09:21:02 pm
      Great result. Now we just keep quietly picking up 3 points.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #94: Jan 30, 2010 09:43:10 pm
      You know the score ayrton.

Win and play reasonably well and nobody wants to discuss it.

We all prefer the misery of a draw or defeat on here.

I haven't commented yet as I haven't seen the game yet. Was following it through le Tissier on Sky Sports who was as usual dying for our opponents to get a result. tw*t.

Really pleased to hear most put in a good shift today and delighted to hear Stevie was actually interested this week.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #95: Jan 30, 2010 09:54:14 pm
      Negative is acceptable once you back yourselves up especially after a win dont go awol. But to not appear again until a bad day makes you a right wa**ker

Your deserving points are wasted Brian.Cos them C**** are no where near they're pc's.We WON mate.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #96: Jan 30, 2010 10:02:35 pm
      i thought we played well today

pleased with the boys

what did rafa say at the end?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #97: Jan 30, 2010 10:07:35 pm

Can not find any WUM!
      I thought we played well today

pleased with the boys

what did rafa say at the end?

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez:
      "I am pleased with the result and the second half but not too happy with the first half - but at the end of the day we needed to win and we won.

"In the first half they had two chances and we were a little lucky but in the second half it was different and we could have scored more goals.

"I think we are improving. Clearly you can see the team is working hard."
      BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool 2-0 Bolton
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #98: Jan 30, 2010 10:10:23 pm
      Yet another clean sheet, this back four and keeper is mean as F**k.

A sound performance from us, not too often we've been able to say that this season. Solid all over the pitch. Really impressed by the lads today, looked like they really wanted to give a performance to go with the results we've been getting lately. Get the results to install confidence and the performances will soon came, that's exactly what's happened with us here.

We made Bolton look extremely average and their launch it up to Davies tactic had such little effect due to the quality in the defending by our Greek and Slovakian centre halves.

Could of scored a few more but that's the only slight downer.

All in all, I'm over the moon with that result. And now it's time to hunt down Chelsea and reclaim the Premiership title which is rightfully ours.
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #99: Jan 30, 2010 10:10:30 pm
      We were moving the ball so quick like we were brazil

I loved how soto is becoming a hero

I loved the heading game he had in the middle of the park was so funny

I would love to see the video of that again
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #100: Jan 30, 2010 10:15:32 pm
      We were moving the ball so quick like we were brazil

I loved how soto is becoming a hero

I loved the heading game he had in the middle of the park was so funny

I would love to see the video of that again

You're sure full of lovin' tonight mate. ;)
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Reply #101: Jan 30, 2010 10:23:33 pm
      I am a loving man as we won and we are going to get fourth

but i may loose my job but thats a different story

Time to celebrate
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #102: Jan 30, 2010 10:24:45 pm
      Just re-watched the game, and one thing that was a joy to see, were quite a few players playing with a smile on their face.  Insua, Kyrgiakos, Aquialni, Gerrard, Riera, Maxi & even Lucas, all pluses for me today.  
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #103: Jan 30, 2010 10:25:03 pm
      First time in a LONG time I saw them play like a Unit. They played as one, good passes, good set up and set pieces, would of liked to see some better corner kicks, but all in all they pressured the Keeper and their Defense for a good part of the match.  Gerrard seemed to play a lot better, he seemed to take some control, which was lacking the previous months.  Carragher seemed to struggle a little with his matchup. He seemed to be beat in a few too many plays, but looked better than previous matches too.

All in all.  Credit the team.  They came out, took control of the match and had Bolton on their heels for most of the match, so cant ask for much more. I want to see more time for Pacheco and Maxi.  I liked the fire Maxi was showing, seems to play like Benyaoun, always moving, bursts of speed, challenges every player with the ball, doesn't care who it is he gets in on the play and creates chances.  I hope Rafa can get him some solid time and a stage to see what we got.

Lets carry this into February,March,April and maybe we can get a solid Title chance. Forget the past, lets play off todays win and  back these guys, stop with the negative talk and posts and lets get behind these guys.  I'm tired of talking about the bullshit. Lets enjoy the final part of this season and hope for the best.

YNWA.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #104: Jan 30, 2010 10:29:55 pm
      I got  home at 7.30 from the game.. We didnt look convicing but as the game got on we improved. The last 20 mins we were all over them. We should have scored more.  
      They played like a team
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #105: Jan 30, 2010 10:33:21 pm
      I got  home at 7.30 from the game.. We didnt look convicing but as the game got on we improved. The last 20 mins we were all over them. We should have scored more. 
      They played like a team

Yep, not the usual Bolton. no hoofing!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #106: Jan 30, 2010 10:48:15 pm
      Yep, not the usual Bolton. no hoofing!

I meant us... ;D but also Bolton.. no hoofing at all.. I cant remember any or many long balls ;D.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #107: Jan 30, 2010 10:59:54 pm
      I love it.
      Best performance I've seen for eons and first time I've heard Rafa (for a while) rip the team (for the first half).

He cracks me up that guy. ;)

He's right though, the first half was pretty dire, we looked a lot more livelier in the second half.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #108: Jan 30, 2010 11:38:31 pm
      Yes Ayrton, I'm very surprised to see only 5 pages in our post match hugs  :o  :hug:

I've only just seen the game, well all they managed to show on MOTD, had a house full all day so I was unable to follow what was happening, made up we won though and from the little bit I saw on MOTD, it looked a huge improvement from the game against Wolves the other night.

I was impressed with Kyrgiakos, Insua and Gerrard (Captain Fantastic)  :) I will watch the whole match on LFC TV but happy with the win and happy with the three points, bring on the bitters is what I say  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #109: Jan 30, 2010 11:45:04 pm
      Finally commonsense prevailed and we didnt have 2 defensive midfielders. And surprise surprise, we looked far more dangerous. Some have criticised Ngog for missing a host of chances but I feel that it is a positive that he is getting into the right positions to have those chances. Although he is raw I hope rafa persists with him ahead of babel, i think he will come good.

I recall last season when we reached a point where the title was gone and suddenly we went all out attack, and  started winning again. This match reminded me of that time. No more of the  Lucas/mascherano combo and we can still rescue maybe top 3 or top 4.

That save by Kyriagos was world class, and his head was on everything. Defence very solid today.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #110: Jan 30, 2010 11:48:46 pm
      Sotis was good but Insua was very very good.Defo my MOM.For all the criticism of late this is just the sort of pick me up we all needed.

WELL IN REDMEN. (and you RAFA )
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #111: Jan 30, 2010 11:50:00 pm
      Finally commonsense prevailed and we didnt have 2 defensive midfielders. And surprise surprise, we looked far more dangerous.

We looked far more dangerous in the last 30 minutes when we had 2 defensive midfielders on the pitch.  And during the first half with only one defensive midfielder we were fairly average, and Bolton caused us some trouble.  Make of that what you will. ;)
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #112: Jan 31, 2010 12:12:54 am
      what i dont understand is Steve Bennett having a good game, i thought the korean would have won the penalty after the dive.

thank you bennett for not being a bi*ch again.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #113: Jan 31, 2010 12:32:54 am
      Just watched the game on MOTD as I was at work earlier.

Looks like we played pretty well - great to see us only playing 1 DMF.

The end of the highlights showed Stevie playing really well - looks like he's turned a corner.

Let's build on this and win some more!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #114: Jan 31, 2010 01:02:04 am
      Was a fantastic result and a great second half, especially the last 30 minutes, where we looked like a team on a mission.

Starting at the back, Sotis was absolutely outstanding. He was faultless and covered for much of Carra's/Skrtel's lapses. Unbeatable in the air and kept Kevin Davies quiet, which isn't an easy thing to do, for the whole game thus nullifying their attack. For once i was actually confident of a long ball going into our box.

Insua, too, was very impressive. His delivery is improving and his runs down the left were just excellent. We was caught out maybe once or twice but he wasn't burned and was solid in a back 4. Thought it was up there as his game of the season.

Carra was my weak point. Burned constantly and drifted inwards too often. IT just allowed more men in the box for them and that's not a smart thing against Bolton. His ability going forward was decent though, and made a few good balls.

Our midfield was shaky with Aquilani alongside Masch and Gerrard just drifting everywhere. Alberto didn't really have anything go his way but top marks for setting up Kuyt again as he leaped above some very tall and strong defenders.

Masch was amazing, summed up by that run down the left. I can recall one bad tackle for the yellow but other than that he didn't whinge and got his job done with some good support attacking play.

Gerrard took some time to get into the game (well, took him until the middle of the second half) but once he was in, he was excellent. Really happy to see some industry from the skipper.

I thought when Lucas came on it was a wise move and i said as much. We had no shape, no structure and kept losing the ball when we needed and he came on and played some lovely through balls, hit his targets, got forward but did his job. He really made a difference coming on. Should of scored, though.

Maxi, Kuyt and Riera worked so hard when they were on the pitch. I thought Maxi had more product in him as Kuyt seemed to lose it abit with his touch and Riera sometimes ran into nowhere and away from the action, but all did a very good job. Very happy with what i'm seeing with Maxi, he has a sublime touch and gets into fantastic positions, unlucky not to get that goal. Linked up with Gerrard and understood him really well.

Ngog was abit hit and miss, using David Fairclough's analogy of him last night on commentary. He shadowed into fantastic positions but didn't have his shooting boots on. Should of scored a goal but off the ball, and 80% of the time on the ball he was great.

A deserved and much needed win. The perfect game.

Quick Reply