Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mascherano
      (22.2%)
      Kyrgiakos
      (47.2%)
      Kuyt
      (6.9%)
      Insua
      (15.3%)
      Ngog
      (2.8%)
      Someone else
      (5.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Bolton: Post Match Hugs

Read 20724 times
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Bolton: Post Match Hugs
      Reply #115: Jan 31, 2010 03:22:50 am
      The game was joy to watch ..,.t was great seeing us create chances but it sucked seeing us miss them . Ngog was not a clinical finisher yesterday . Kyriagakos was really good he coverd for Carra and Skrtel and Kuyt worked hard AND produced something ! And Alberto ( for being hyped up aas a pass master and fully accuracy) he did not have many good first touches and he tried to do those fancy passes which failed .And it was nice to see Stevie performing again but not yet at his best . Riera , Insua and Maxi created well for Ngog . BUt I don;t know how many times I yelled at Ngog for not scoring ! We looked very dangerous and very capable of scoring .

Overall great game with few hits and misses .

Lets continue on ! Come on red men ! YNWA !
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2010 09:47:24 am by niksluvslfc »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #116: Jan 31, 2010 04:10:26 am
      Well in lads, well played especially the last 30 minutes we were unlucky to grab a few more goals.

Well played Rafa, I though Lucas did well when he came on too.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #117: Jan 31, 2010 04:15:51 am
      I love Kyrgiakos. What a beast.

Insua was very good, attacking wise. But he needs to improve his defending.

Masch was in full Alonso mood last night. Stunning passes.

anyone else noticed the triple one-two headers between Aquilani and Kyrgiakos. That was so awesome.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #118: Jan 31, 2010 05:06:55 am
      What the F**k was that Thomas Crook sh*te at half time, with the sombero's on poles and deckchairs.

Guaranteed Soccer Am or MOTD2 bits at the end will feature a clip of the deckchairs in a mildly supposedly funny yet patronising way of taking the piss out of us.

A complete F***ing embarrassment just to keep our corporate partners happy!
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #119: Jan 31, 2010 06:08:01 am
      Post Match Hugs hahaha.  Nice BPatel :)

What an f-ing great day.  Almost made me forget Tom Hicks showed up for the match......almost
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #120: Jan 31, 2010 06:17:25 am
      That f**ker was there? Thats why we only won 2 nil.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #121: Jan 31, 2010 08:09:20 am
      Still not up to our best but the signs are there and a deserved win,3 more points that will do me lads.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #122: Jan 31, 2010 09:00:13 am
      What I like most about the game is the dilly dallying tactics were not there, we were fast on the attack and it has somewhat unsettled Bolton and doesn't give them much time to re-group. Everyone played competitively and fought for every ball. We need to continue doing that and do it better in the coming matches and the results will go our way. The way Masch launched the ball forward I thought it was Alonso for a moment and goodness me he does very well in those long range passes. Let's work harder in training and turn Masch into a an attacking/defensive midfield combo. Maxis is competitive, I like that it will only make our midfield stronger if he plays.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #123: Jan 31, 2010 09:03:59 am
      Was a welcome shock to hear the starting line-up didnt have the usual two "holding" midfielders.

1st half was poor but we passed and the movement was good in the second, good to see Reira getting more minutes too.

Bring on the bitters....
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #124: Jan 31, 2010 09:12:05 am
      As much as everyone are celebrating the priceless win at Anfield yesterday, there is a more pressing problem that needed to be addressed.

With TV showing the fat c**t by the name of Thomas Hicks sitting in the directors' box, I'm just wondering if any strong anti-yanks message was shoved in his face yesterday.

Everyone was in a good mood yesterday but at the same time everyone seemed to overlook the yanks. I would be interested to find out what went on with the supporters and him does anyone have any information to fill me in on this?

Cheers.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #125: Jan 31, 2010 09:16:48 am
      He looks as if he has not been sleeping for the last 10 days!!! Bloody awful.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #126: Jan 31, 2010 09:37:29 am
      Didn't see the game, but i'm happy with that result at least.

From the sound of things, Kyrgiakos had another great game.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #127: Jan 31, 2010 09:50:00 am
      Just like Sami never faltered,very workman like performance for the team and was a crucial part of the defence.Well done Kyrgi.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #128: Jan 31, 2010 10:05:37 am
      Yes, there was a protest outside the players enterance after the game.

Around 50 people sang anti Yanks songs
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #129: Jan 31, 2010 10:56:57 am
      Great result lads well done.

Sotis again dominant in defense, seems he's brought some confidence and stability to the back line.  My MOTM.

Masch's passing was a pleasant surprise as a few have said very Alonso ish.

Gerrard appears to have remembered he's our captain just a bit rusty with his first touches yet and a goal would have been good for him today.

Aquilani I thought showed some glimpses of his quality.  Yes he's trying to play some nice little tricks when the easy ball would have been a better option, but at least he's trying something different.  I personally think that with more game time the other players will get on his wavelength and then we will be in a different class.  Good to see a midfielder getting into the 6yrd box so often and credit to him for the assist.

As for February being a defining month for us there's only really 2 tough games, Arsenal and City.  The bitters ain't exactly unbeatable especially at Anfield and Blackburn at home on yesterdays form should be a walkover.  But in the bosses own words one game at a time eh.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #130: Jan 31, 2010 11:24:30 am
      I was out yesterday so didn't really see the game. Got in at 4am thinking it would be on football first still, and I'd missed the last chance! Saw the goals though. Bit jammy. But I don't care. Three points again. That'll do me! :)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #131: Jan 31, 2010 11:37:16 am
      Top of the form table.

3 clean sheets in a row with the defence looking as good as I've seen in a long time.

Hunting down the top four.

Things are looking up Redmen.  :)
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #132: Jan 31, 2010 11:47:43 am
      Well done Dirk for the goal.  Lets continue the winning form.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #133: Jan 31, 2010 12:10:58 pm
      I think the most important thing to take from this game was Gerrard's return to form. He's looked really poor the last couple of games, trying to force everything with little flicks and first time balls and nothing was coming off. Yesterday he was getting his shots off and pretty much everything he tried came off. Really hope it continues. He's so important to the team esp w/o torres, that since his form has dipped so has liverpool's.
      Bpatel
      • Started Topic

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #134: Jan 31, 2010 12:58:45 pm
      Post Match Hugs hahaha.  Nice BPatel :)

I won't take credit for that, it was JD who came up with the title. :)
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #135: Jan 31, 2010 01:01:21 pm
      Happy with the 3 points but it was not a great performance,Certain players still just going through the motions.Very impressed with the Greek defender who plays with heart & passion something a lot of our players do not have.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #136: Jan 31, 2010 01:17:43 pm
      Kyrgiakos was a warrior and is leading by example as only Reina has done consistently this season. The lads commitment has blown me away and hes got king kong balls pulling out of nothing except nasty hoes after matches. Hes becoming the epitome of LFC spirit leaving everything out there on the field. 3 clean sheets since hes come in and the goal line clearance yesterday was top drawer defending. He could be another Gary Mcallister for us surprising us out of nowhere to become a dominant force in the side. On current form absolute starter in centre of defence no matter whos available.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #137: Jan 31, 2010 01:24:15 pm
      IMHO i thought we had a large slices of luck at times (or do you make your own?) some of the defending was again dire and a better team would have whipped us for it.  Still, happy with the result but not getting carried away because i'm not sure at present which part of this seasons roller coaster ride we are on.....

Quick Reply