Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mascherano
      (22.2%)
      Kyrgiakos
      (47.2%)
      Kuyt
      (6.9%)
      Insua
      (15.3%)
      Ngog
      (2.8%)
      Someone else
      (5.6%)

Liverpool 2-0 Bolton: Post Match Hugs

Read 20940 times
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Bolton: Post Match Hugs
      Reply #161: Feb 01, 2010 12:02:20 pm
      Agree with most peoples take on the game and the 2nd half gave us all reason to be much more optimistic.

I thought Mascherano was by far our best player followed by the Greek. Stevie had a cracking 2nd half.
      N'Gog did well at closing people down, but lots of endeavour didn't make up for his lack of composure and control.
      Aqualani had a stinker in my opinion with loads of misplaced simple passes summed up by a 2nd half throw in which he tried to pass the ball back to the thrower, Carra, and he hit it straight out the park from 3 yards. His head was down when he went off, but he will know he has to play alot better. I would just like to see him take more than one or two touches on the ball before trying to pass it and hold on to it becuase he has undoubted skill.
      I am not Lucas' biggest fan but he was excellent when he came on. Never misplaced a pass, and yes, some did go forward! We looked much more organsied with him in there.
       We just need another option up front!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #162: Feb 01, 2010 12:21:08 pm
      Its amazing how coherent and balanced all the posts are on this thread after a good result
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #163: Feb 01, 2010 05:59:16 pm
      OMG, did you guys see? Kyrgiakos lost a tooth in that game! I think we should bill the yanks for that, call it a business expense, i'm sure they know those...
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #164: Feb 01, 2010 07:34:12 pm
      What i enjoyed most of this game was to see Masch back to his best and Stevie showing his commitment. I think this will do alot for the team morale over the next few games... It would be awesome to see Masch and Stevie in midfield against Everton with Ngog and Kuyt playing as 2 strikers up front.
      Ngog didnt take his chances but at least he has the pace to get in behind the defenders which could create space for our midfielders.
      I have noticed that in the last few games our opponents have done 2 things consistently
      - They have placed a man-marker on Gerrard
      - They have directed most of their attacks via long balls to test us in the air...which is partly the reason why our Defence has done well (Neither Skrtel or Kyrgiakos are nimble...but good in the air).

The next few games will pose a different challenge and i wont be surprised to see Rafa change a few things this weekend and for the next 3 games...im just glad we got Bolton out of the way with a spirited performance, which will give confidence for the next few games.

Come on REDS!!
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #165: Feb 02, 2010 01:53:11 pm
      Great game. 2nd half was very enjoyable to watch. 3 people deserve man of the match for me. Insua, masch and kyriagkos.

Masch needs to pass like that more often. Nearly every one of his passes was alonso-esque. Great vision and distribution from him. Has to do it more consistently so it takes the pressure of aquilani who is still trying to find his feet.

Kyriagkos has had a great season so far for me. People were slagging him off way too early saying he wasn't worthy to wear the liverpool shirt. I'd like to know where the hell those retards have gone now?

Insua's had an up and down season but what a game for the kid. With crosses like that we wont need aurelio anymore.

Feel sorry for ngog. This was the game for him to score and get in the starting lineup regularly but what a howler of a game. Hope he can pick himself up.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #166: Feb 02, 2010 10:43:32 pm
      Glad to get the win, but still not playing as well as we can.

Quick Reply