Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Didi and Gary mac in Dublin

Read 6554 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Didi and Gary mac in Dublin
      Jan 30, 2010 11:17:30 pm
      Friday March 5th Submarine bar in Crumlin Gary Mac and Didi Hamann doing a q + a session. Darren Farley mc.

Nicky Alt will be there as a rep for S.O.S I believe. 18 euro for tickets.

Get your arses down there if your from Dublin or surrounding area. (Get a cheap fligh with ryanair for a cheap weekend in Dublin )  ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Didi and Gary mac in Dublin
      Reply #1: Jan 31, 2010 06:46:00 pm
      Crumlin... F**k they'll need security man! :lmao:
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2: Jan 31, 2010 07:07:10 pm
      I really fancy heading down to this. Cheers Brian. Why does no one like Gary Mac or Didi come to Belfast? :( By the way, don't get Ryanair, hate those buggers ;D they try to steal every last penny of you.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #3: Feb 01, 2010 09:09:43 am
      By the way, don't get Ryanair, hate those buggers ;D they try to steal every last penny of you.

If you want to use the oxygen masks you will need a credit card, if you want to use the toilet you will need a credit card.. no credit care? Then tie a knot in it.. shut up :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4: Feb 17, 2010 01:11:12 pm
      Anybody got any questions they'd like the lads to answer post them here Ill try and get them answered  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #5: Mar 03, 2010 05:27:43 pm
      2 more sleeps then I meet the lads  :kop5cf8koxp6:

I have to admit I do be like a kid at Christmas coming up to these events. A night with Phil Neal Ron Yeats and big Jan was the last one I must have got there 2 hours before the doors opened!!!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Mar 03, 2010 08:57:40 pm
      I know exactly what you mean Brian, don't ever lose that enthusiasm mate, that's one of the things that make us special.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time with the lads, make sure you get some piccy's.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Mar 03, 2010 09:12:32 pm
      Oh wow! I'm so made up for you, Brian.

Ask them , "How did it feel like playing for the biggest club in the world?" ;)

Or a more serious question, ;D.

" What did they loved most about playing for Liverpool? " / " What do they miss the most after leaving Anfield? "
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #8: Mar 05, 2010 03:33:37 pm
      yesssss be on the bus in 2 hours from now. Ill talk to ye all tomorrow
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Mar 05, 2010 04:26:08 pm
      Enjoy it Brian. Sounds boss that mate. :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #10: Mar 06, 2010 01:48:20 am
      Hamann is even mor legend now!!

Fook you to people who cant sit on there arse for an hour to listen to 2 legends. Some c**ts love the sound of there own voices why dont they stay at home rather then talk over people talking about things people paid into listen to? Dublin thing or worldwide fault?
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #11: Mar 06, 2010 11:49:13 am
      They were quiet for Chris De Burgh by all accounts Brian, but talked through the SOS lads and also the two legends
      A post  put  on this morning

What a fantastic night I just had.

I went out to the Submarine Bar in Crumlin in Dublin and had the pleasure of watching a questions and answers session with Did Hamann and Gary McAllister. The two of them were excellent and told some great old stories and answered a bunch of questions. Didi had of course been on the ale and so was in flying form, even to the extent of being asked a question which he started answering in a really convoluted way, only to stop half way through, look at Gary Mac and ask him if he knew what the hell he was talking about?? The whole place just cracked up.

Didi also gave a great impassioned defence of Rafa. He said he had worked for 12 managers and not one of them even came close to Rafas level. He also said he didnā€™t like that after the years of progress and after last years points total that fans were now turning on Rafa. He said Rafa deserved time.

They were both asked about the owners and both gave a decent enough, if standard answer about how the manager needs to be allowed to manage and Rafa isnā€™t being allowed that, etc.

The whole thing was hosted by that Darren Farley fella who was quite good and had a few decent lines.

Chris De Burgh had also turned up and when asked, he went on stage unplanned and before belting out a decent version of Youā€™ll Never Walk Alone he absolutely slated the owners, which, given that Ian Ayre was there was excellent.

I was sitting with some SOS lads who came over to drum up support and spread the good word. I got to spend roughly 3 hours sitting with Keith Culvin, Steve Monaghan, James McKenna and Peter Hooten. Peter of course was getting hounded all night by really happy middle aged Farm fans.. They had been invited by the night organiser, Ed Fitzsimmons. The 4 of them went to the stage and each spoke superbly about where we stand and what we need to do. Before anyone says anything, the total cost of their flight tickets was Ā£10 and it wasnā€™t some jolly. While they were talking on stage about 30 people must have come up to me at the table looking for forms to join, and by the end of the night there must have been well over a 100 new members with a constant and regular queue in front of them handing in completed forms. They really got the news out there. The lads really impressed me I have to say. And while I know people can be split on this, there is absolutely no doubt that when it all comes down to in, we all want the exact same thing, and that is the owners out and decent owners in that will allow us go forward successfully. It really is time that everyone started working together and stopped looking for every little thing to moan about. All forums should lead the way on this and by strength of numbers drag the fuckers names through the mud all the time.

Nicky Alt then went on stage to talk about ā€œOne night in Istanbulā€ which will be playing in Dublin in June and that went down well with a bit of a sing song also.

It all ended with a few more decent enough questions. A bit of a look back on their favourite games (Gary was Dortmund in 2001, with his favourite goal of his entire career being the very obvious one, and Didi was Istanbul with his most important goal the pen he took in the shootout)

Didi also said that his best ever moment in football was the atmosphere for the Chelsea semi-final. He also said that he hopes that Garcias goal didnā€™t cross the line as ā€œit would piss off Mourinho even moreā€.

Didi then told the story of when he was arrested in Japan in 2005 when Carra just managed to escape the law, and he had the place in stitches.

I then got to personally meet Didi and Gary and got my photo with them which was a real plus and it has pride of place on my mantelpiece as I write this.

A great night all in all, and a big thanks to the Supporters Club and Ed Fitzsimmons for organising it.

The legends speak
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #12: Mar 06, 2010 12:55:03 pm
      Yes Chris De Burgh was there and spoke as well as singing a lovely version of YNWA. My disgust is not with the crowd being asked to pipe down for him its that they were only half heatedly asked once to quieten down for Didi, Macca and the SOS lads.

Some clowns turn up at these things why they bother is beyond me. And the lad running it seemed happy to call time on photos and autographs once his mates were sorted
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Mar 07, 2010 03:28:03 am
      Most important thing Bri is, did you have a good night?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: Mar 07, 2010 09:30:35 am
      Most important thing Bri is, did you have a good night?

To be honest mate it was spoiled a bit by the idiots. But it was great to hear the 2 lads particularly Didi who gave a passionate defence or Rafa stating that of around 12 managers hes played under none are in Rafa's league. And his story about getting arrested in Japan was funnier when he tells it
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #15: Mar 07, 2010 09:35:11 am
      And his story about getting arrested in Japan was funnier when he tells it

;D, i heard that one. He wasn't fast enough like Carra. :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #16: Mar 07, 2010 09:37:03 am
      ;D, I heard that one. He wasn't fast enough like Carra. :lmao:

Yeah said he couldnt run with the injury even Carras 18 stone mates were passing him by!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #17: Mar 07, 2010 09:44:28 am
      Yeah said he couldnt run with the injury even Carras 18 stone mates were passing him by!!

Then there was that story about a guy telling the cops he was unhappy when Hamann scored against England because it got the England manager (was it Kevin Keegan in the story?) fired or something, so he went to "pick" a fight with Didi. Hilarious!
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #18: Mar 10, 2010 12:54:23 pm
      Chris DeBurgh listen to what he says about the owners about 1.45sec in

Chris DeBurgh Singing YNWA @ The Sub
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Mar 10, 2010 09:02:02 pm
      That brought a lump to my throat.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #20: Mar 10, 2010 09:20:34 pm
      Brilliantly sang

Also that video will give yiz an idea of what I meant about the clowns in the crowd that couldnt shut up  :f_steam:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #21: Mar 10, 2010 10:07:20 pm
      Get the F**k in Chris DeBurgh! Well said about the owners and well sung.

Quick Reply