Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Is Alonso the new Redknapp

Read 3784 times
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: Is Alonso the new Redknapp
      Reply #23: Jun 11, 2007 09:25:35 am
      Im not old enough to remember redknapp althought I heard alot about him, but I think xabi's the stuff of legends.

His brain clearly works faster than the average footballer's does. He has the vision and ability to make space for his teamates.

I was watching an interview with him on the telly and its funny how the personnality of a player resembles that of his play on the field. He was sipping tea in a cafe and he is such a smart, chilled out and neat person.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: Jun 11, 2007 09:36:16 am
      It was only a week or so ago, I read reports that Xabi was being linked to Barca in a deal for Eto. Now I see he's just signed a new contract.  So how wrong was that report ? I hope just as wrong as the latest few...... Malouda going to Chelski, Eto off to the Arse, and Rafa with little or no funds.  Can't someone at the club give us some idea of whats going on officially so I can sleep at night?

Playing their cards close to their chest mate, which may give us sleepless nights, but is the way things should be done. By declaring our transfer targets all we're doing is alerting other clubs that they might be available, and encouraging the selling club to raise their price as they know we really want them. I'd be more upset if we dealt with transfers the way Man Utd do, declaring our interest 6 months beforehand and ending up buying a £10m player for £18m.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #25: Jun 11, 2007 04:11:49 pm
      Venom-C

Not old enough to remember Redknapp playing ???

How old are you he was palying up to 3 or 4 years ago, anyway he was good passer, no pace and hardly ever scored, but he was better than he sounds :)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #26: Jun 11, 2007 04:36:14 pm
      Alonso is a class player he did have a poor season last year, and i thought that he was pondering on his future, with barca and midrid showing interest.  He was maybe a little uncertain about playing for liverpool in the very nicest way.  He signed his contract and committed to us, believe me we will see the alonso of the year before next season. A player that doesn't give the ball away and always finds his passes. I wouldn't sell him for 20m forget the sort of figures that are going round.  He's much better than carrick!

If gerrard is the engine, alonso is the Carburetor of the team!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 12, 2007 09:02:25 am
      Venom-C

Not old enough to remember Redknapp playing ???

How old are you he was palying up to 3 or 4 years ago, anyway he was good passer, no pace and hardly ever scored, but he was better than he sounds :)

I live in South Africa and we didnt get all the games on telly yet
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #28: Jun 13, 2007 11:11:48 pm
      I'm made up he's tied down now! I said earlier that I would have took a big money figure but thinking about it, we're not a selling club! He is exactly the kind of class we need as the backbone of our team! I withdraw my comments, and I can only apologise Alonso!  :-*  ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #29: Jun 13, 2007 11:37:29 pm
      I would love to see a world class striker feeding off Alonso's passing and clever through ball's.
      Imagine, what a partnership that could be.

So glad he's signed that contract !!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #30: Jun 15, 2007 01:30:21 pm
      As someone said on another thread, maybe he knows something we dont........ ;) ;D

Quick Reply