Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

I still feel depressed..

Read 3051 times
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 127 posts |
      I still feel depressed..
      May 25, 2007 11:18:17 am
      2 days gone, and i'm still gutted, i've not felt this way about a defeat before and i can't get out of this funk, perhaps it's cause it's sooooo long until liverpool's next game. Here's hoping for some lovely transfers in the summer to cheer me up.
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Re: I still feel depressed..
      Reply #1: May 25, 2007 11:25:54 am
      mhm me too...haven`t bought any newspapers for 2 days cos i don`t want to read anything about the final, haven`t called my friends who are also into football to avoid that theme, don`t know how long this feeling will last :(
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #2: May 25, 2007 12:52:10 pm
      I have read many a post regarding this, and I quote from a film which I watched quite recently for the 900th time, (my 3 year old son loves it and we have to watch it every day)
      Its called the Bridge to Terabithia, and is a wonderful movie and a real tear jerker, if you havent watched it then I would urge you too. At the end of the film the young lad creates a wonderful slogan on his bridge after such a terrible loss and I always think of this slogan whenever I look at the scoreboard in Istanbul.. It goes something like this

"NOTHING CRUSHES US"

Just remember that and look at that scoreboard in Istanbul, it kinda makes me feel a lot better, hope it does you too.
      kirsty0817
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #3: May 25, 2007 01:17:15 pm
      I cant believe how okay-ish I feel.......I cried in the pub at 2-0 down but when the game was over I just felt really proud...It wasnt meant to be and thats all we can say about it.....They played well, I know they missed chances and things could have been so different but it didnt happen.....We are the mighty reds and we will be back bigger and better....people know not to say anything to me about it cos I'll be giving them a right mouthful..ha ha!!!!!  Cheer up folks....
       :)
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: May 25, 2007 02:28:07 pm
      I was so gutted when we got beat, but i just think at least we got 2 the final so none of dem mancs or chelski or ever (cant win anything) ton cant say anythin and we have won it 5 times, but i can still feel the diaspointment but, i am also excited 4 nxt season. 
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #5: May 25, 2007 03:46:38 pm
      Already had a couple of Mancs f*uckers try to wind me up and i just said ast least our fans were loyal enough to stay after the game to applaud their teams effort unlike the Mancs on saturday. Plus at least the lads played well i would of been more annoyed if we had lost and played badly. The game proved how much attacking creativty we need. Bring in Simao!!
      kirsty0817
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #6: May 25, 2007 04:02:44 pm
      Well I am a Manc f*cker myself...ha ha!!!!  But as a huge Liverpool fan I havent been winding myself up!!!  ;)
      All my friends/family etc know better than to even try saying anything negative about Liverpool to me.....so proud to be a Liverpool fan in Manchester and always have been......Thye made me v.proud on Wednesday despite the result!!!
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #7: May 25, 2007 04:14:38 pm
      Congratulations to Mascherano on Wednesday night until he came off Kaka barely had a sniff hes goin to be brilliant for us next year!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: May 25, 2007 06:09:27 pm
      It just doesn't feel right does it?

I really thought we would of lifted it this year but thats the way things go... But what ever has happened, no other English side compairs to our European record. And that is all that matters to me.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: May 25, 2007 06:18:18 pm
      It doesn't feel right at all, but I agree with you Court_LFC, our record lets us keep our heads held high when the blue-sh*te are having a pop! Makes me laugh it does!

I'm anticipating next season so much more now! Looks like it'll be a busier summer than we thought!  ;D
      vydex
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | -5 
      Reply #10: May 25, 2007 06:42:17 pm
      It doesn't feel right at all, but I agree with you Court_LFC, our record lets us keep our heads held high when the blue-sh*te are having a pop! Makes me laugh it does!

I'm anticipating next season so much more now! Looks like it'll be a busier summer than we thought!  ;D

Never a truer word spoken, personnally I think this will only make us stronger. And now the scum and the chavs are really looking over their shoulders.
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #11: May 25, 2007 08:19:01 pm
      Its still hurts inside there isnt words to describe it but we have to be proud of the lads
      Its really wasnt it ment to be but wat can we do just think of the words

“When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
      And don't be afraid of the dark.
      At the end of the storm there's a golden sky” .

Think!!  YNWA
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #12: May 25, 2007 08:44:39 pm
      As the saying goes "If Doesn't Kill you ,It will only make you stronger"....I feel that this result as much as it hurts us inside , We Will be  stronger next season for it, and if things turn out as I for one hope, then Premier League watch out,because we are one hell of a side hurting bad and someones going to feel the backlash Y.N.W.A
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #13: May 25, 2007 11:01:16 pm
      Its gonna take a while to get over this,its not like we have a game for a while to lift us its gonna be a long summer.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #14: May 26, 2007 03:11:56 am
      Nothing is worse when you dominate majority of the match. Especially the first half, where we bought the game to them and dictated play.
      Its been 3 days now, and i feel empty and extremely shattered.
      Im still proud of OUR boys, and the brand of football they played in athens.

"you'll never walk alone"
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: May 26, 2007 05:27:49 am
      all the same as above but I have to get it off my chest. I know I will probably be slated but what the heck.....I just feel let down by Rafa, in that he really should have started Crouchie coz he would have given Milan a torrid time but also keeping Zenden on for so long.... I just can't get over these two facts and keep wondering how much different it would have been if Crouch and Kewell were on for longer than they were. I know Rafa has done so much for us in the last year and hopefully he'll win us the premiership next year but I just can't get it out of my head because I know in my heart we were the BETTER team and that should have been number 6. :(
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #16: May 26, 2007 09:31:23 am
      all the same as above but I have to get it off my chest. I know I will probably be slated but what the heck.....I just feel let down by Rafa, in that he really should have started Crouchie coz he would have given Milan a torrid time but also keeping Zenden on for so long.... I just can't get over these two facts and keep wondering how much different it would have been if Crouch and Kewell were on for longer than they were. I know Rafa has done so much for us in the last year and hopefully he'll win us the premiership next year but I just can't get it out of my head because I know in my heart we were the BETTER team and that should have been number 6. :(

Maybe we did not sacrifice enough virgins to the Gods at Athena before the game,because its certain they didn't favour us ;)
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 127 posts |
      Reply #17: May 26, 2007 10:39:10 am

I have to agree with you on this, and thats probably why i feel so depressed about it knowing that they were there for the takiing, i've tried to console my self by saying when we won it in 05 luck was with us and milan were the better team, but it ain't working.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: May 26, 2007 02:12:38 pm
      Its still hurts inside there isnt words to describe it but we have to be proud of the lads
      Its really wasnt it ment to be but wat can we do just think of the words

“When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high
      At the end of the storm there's a golden sky” .

Think!!  YNWA
      You know what mate. I was so depressed on Thursday, don't think I smiled at all, or hardly spoke to anyone to be honest.
      Then I listened to this song Friday morning before my exam.. Cheered me up a lot, made me feel proud of our guys on Wednesday night, and 5 victories in 7 finals is brilliant.

If anyone else is still feeling down, listen, and I mean *listen* to YNWA :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: May 26, 2007 02:18:49 pm
      You know what mate. I was so depressed on Thursday, don't think I smiled at all, or hardly spoke to anyone to be honest.
      Then I listened to this song Friday morning before my exam.. Cheered me up a lot, made me feel proud of our guys on Wednesday night, and 5 victories in 7 finals is brilliant.

If anyone else is still feeling down, listen, and I mean *listen* to YNWA :D

Spot on Nicola! YNWA will always lift your spirits if you're still feeling down.
      It's gone. In the past now. Be a proud Liverbird!

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: May 26, 2007 02:22:07 pm
      ^ Mate that's brilliant!!
      LIVERPOOL ROCK BIRDS
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #21: May 26, 2007 08:56:48 pm
      well wat can i say but well done Liverpool for geting to the final im still
      depressed that we lost but theres more finals to come an more cups to come home to Anfield ! ! ! ! ! so just play this song an think of the good TIMES  ! ! ! ! !

When you walk through a storm,
      Hold your head up high,
      At the end of a storm,
      There's a golden sky,
      And the sweet silver song of a lark.
      Walk on through the wind,
      Walk on through the rain,
      Though your dreams be tossed and blown..
      Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
      And you'll never walk alone.......
      You'll never walk alone.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #22: May 26, 2007 09:19:27 pm
      well wat can I say but well done Liverpool for geting to the final im still
      depressed that we lost but theres more finals to come an more cups to come home to Anfield ! ! ! ! ! so just play this song an think of the good TIMES  ! ! ! ! !

When you walk through a storm,
      Hold your head up high,
      At the end of a storm,
      There's a golden sky,
      And the sweet silver song of a lark.
      Walk on through the wind,
      Walk on through the rain,
      Though your dreams be tossed and blown..
      Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
      And you'll never walk alone.......
      You'll never walk alone.

Liverpool Rock Birds - you made my day :). Amazing how I still get touched by the song & text despite having sung it more than 1000 times.

Quick Reply