Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match?

Pepe Reina
      (1.8%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (32.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (46.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (6.5%)
      David Ngog
      (1.8%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (11.2%)

Liverpool 1-0 Everton: Post Match Celebration

Read 31953 times
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Everton: Post Match Celebration
      Reply #276: Feb 07, 2010 10:20:34 am
      great to get another one over on these w@nkers, and we didnt even need 11 players for the full game!!

that fellani is a right dirty b@stard, should have been sent off. Pienaar is scum. Masch was outstanding, gerrard is starting to recapture some good form. Kyrgiakos was playing great until he got sent off, which was a very harsh call. Maxi looks like he's starting to settle in a bit better. Other results went our way yesterday so a great day all round!! happy days. torres should be back in a couple of weeks so things are looking up. If arsenal lose 2day and we beat them during the week we'll only be 2 points off 3rd spot! who would have thought that a few weekks ago
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #277: Feb 07, 2010 10:30:05 am
      Just imagine, could draw this lot in the Europa league, at some stage, if they manage to stay in the competition!
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #278: Feb 07, 2010 10:36:26 am
      Great commitment shown by everyone yesterday we won the fight and the football match with ten men. Nice to score from a corner again too something we have'nt done enough this year.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #279: Feb 07, 2010 10:43:24 am
      Would like to see Aurelio play more often, gives the side more variety when taking free kicks, corners etc, But well done Gerrard and Kuyt for the move that set up the winning goal.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #280: Feb 07, 2010 10:57:53 am
      Just peeled myself off the ceiling!
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #281: Feb 07, 2010 11:04:38 am
      Fantastic...fantastic and fantastic.  Like everyone else loved the effort, passion and commitment.  But particuarly loved the fact that there wasn't a peep out of the bluenwhite s**te leaving the ground.  6 pointer to us!!!!!  ;D
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Reply #282: Feb 07, 2010 11:06:49 am
      great game spoilt by some bad calls from the ref
      and 2 everton players who should of gone
      in the first half  good play by kyut to score right in front of howard
      over all great play by the redmen  carry on
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #283: Feb 07, 2010 11:11:11 am
      Just imagine, could draw this lot in the Europa league, at some stage, if they manage to stay in the competition!

Quarter Finals
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #284: Feb 07, 2010 11:20:03 am
      Still F***ing buzzing this morning!

Fantastic performance from us I thought. Everyone took on the extra responsibility for the man down right from Masch being outstanding at right back to Maxi Rodriguez who, having hardly played in the Premier League, was thrown into a Merseyside Derby. And he didn't get on the ball too much but the effort was there, he learnt from the others and threw himself into every tackle and made some good interceptions. And when he did get the ball he didn't lose it once. Insua was very good bar one error against Donovan but I think we're starting to see of the Insua of old again. Lucas and Gerrard worked very well in the middle, tackling and closing down but most importantly passing it around when they got hold of the ball.

Kuyt put in a brilliant display too. Not only the goal but some much better wingplay from the lad and he was willing to help Masch out. Carra was back to his best from last season and Agger just slotted straight back into the team as if he was never away.

Fantastic display from every single player and it was a real privilege to watch that kind of passion from a Liverpool team.

1-0! ;D Going to enjoy it for a couple more days before focusing on Arsenal!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #285: Feb 07, 2010 11:28:56 am
      Couldnt get to the game so made do with a pub full of egg chasers.

Didnt stop me singing and jumping like a loon throughout ;)

Great character and commitment from the boys, they cant even beat us a man down :)

Bring on the Gooners
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #286: Feb 07, 2010 12:47:39 pm
      Still can't stop smiling when I read this topic.
      Its a victory over our rivals, and a F***ing boost for our 4th position finish.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #287: Feb 07, 2010 12:49:39 pm
      Laughed my F***ing head off Howard and rat boys brother were pushing and shoving the F**k out of Kuyt even after the ball was in the net, I thought they would appeal for being distracted,F***ing beauts the pair of them.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #288: Feb 07, 2010 01:22:19 pm
      rather enjoyed that...we were hard without being dirty....they were dirty without trying hard

I like that!!...

Lets just say our lass's private parts enjoyed our darby win.. Wadda fookin result!!!!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #289: Feb 07, 2010 01:49:07 pm

See the lump in N'Gog's sock?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #290: Feb 07, 2010 01:53:05 pm
      :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #291: Feb 07, 2010 02:11:24 pm
      I'm still waiting all the texts I was promised I'd be getting from me bitter mates. On Friday I was told how me phone wouldn't stop ringing and how they'd be laughing, ah well just goes to show those soft cu*ts can't get anything right.

Love beating them although it's becoming a bit too easy over the last few years. You think they'd wanna give us more a match don't you.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #292: Feb 07, 2010 03:22:27 pm
      Played well lott of passion wich has been missing latley, great result even when we went down to 10. Second half only one team in it well done and letts carry it on and turn Arsenal on Wed. Fellani is an animal. Ref was crap but 6 points of the Blue sh*te....
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #293: Feb 07, 2010 05:41:28 pm
      Oh well, i often look forward to trying to post a detailed opinion of the football match after a game, but in all honesty, there wasn't much football played at all. The referee was F***ing shocking in all honesty, not fit to do the job. Made some terrrible decisions. From the first Carra tackle on Pienaar it became a war of attrition, a battle of wills.Kyrgiakos undid all his good work with that shocking tackle on Fellaini, say what you like, it was an absolutely ridiculous decision by the Greek, especially when it was easier to stay on his feet and stick the one leg in. An up and coming centre back you could forgive, but not an experienced international centre back. The fact Kuyt was gifted our goal thanks to Howard's diabolical mistake has deflected the attention away from this, and that is a good thing.

Likewise, how Pienaar got away with blatant rake on Mascherano's shin was disgusting. Man of the match for me was Mascherano all day, he was exceptional in midfield and when he was asked to slot in at right back, he looked like he'd played there all his life. Rodriguez did his bit as well, was a tough ask for him to cope with all the pressure of a Merseyside derby, but he got stuck in and fought for the cause. The biggest positive to take from the match? When we went down to ten men, we had to react, re-group, work harder to compensate for the loss of Kyrgiakos, show fight, show passion and most importantly, show TEAM spirit. Not only did we tick all the aforementioned boxes, we also scored a goal and won the match.

P.S. Special thanks again to Pepe Reina, that save from Yakubu at the end was top drawer, the best keeper in the Prem by a country mile!

Well done Redmen, onto the Emirates and a chance to close the lead to 2 points!  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      scouseuk
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | -3 
      Reply #294: Feb 07, 2010 07:27:50 pm
      what about fellinie stamping on Kyrgiakos
      that was the talking point of the game
      as far as i seen the tackle was ok  from Kyrgiakos
      and i hope rafa goes to the fa and gets that redcard
      recinered
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #295: Feb 07, 2010 08:21:05 pm
      as far as I seen the tackle was ok  from Kyrgiakos
      and I hope rafa goes to the fa and gets that redcard
      recinered

That red card will never be rescinded, if you go into any tackle with two feet and off the ground with studs showing, you are going to get sent off. Yes Fellaini was at fault also, i accept that, but what was more of a concern for me, was when Fellaini blatantly kicked Kuyt in the face and Pienaar's disgusting challenge on Mascherano. If the referee had dealt with those 2 incidents properly then the Kyrgiakos sending off wouldn't even have occured as Everton would have been down to nine men. Martin Atkinson was out of his depth.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #296: Feb 07, 2010 08:43:14 pm
      Blueshite manager Rab C Moyes was today quoted as saying 'Ma team let me doon especially that wee rat Cahill. Aw week a huv been hearin how he can jump aboot like a Kangaroo which turned out to be as effective as Fellaini's hair conditioner. I thought we were even doon to ten men until someone pointed oot that Donny Osman was playin but a couldnae see him becuase that non-Brazilian, Brazilian boy Matt Lucas, hud him in his poaket. And it wisnae fair that people kept tacklin that poor wee lassie Stephanie Pienar cause she is only little. I even hud to put Lenny 'the Yak' Henry on up front we were that sh*te. And I don't know whit was more X Rated, the tacklin or Phil Neville's face. Even the fans got carried away and started singin songs about Lucas. That's just takin the piss. I better phone ma dad Alex Ferguson and ask him how he beat them. Oh thats right, that lot canne beat the reds either. We are fu**ed!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #297: Feb 07, 2010 09:02:53 pm
      That red card will never be rescinded, if you go into any tackle with two feet and off the ground with studs showing, you are going to get sent off. Yes Fellaini was at fault also, I accept that, but what was more of a concern for me, was when Fellaini blatantly kicked Kuyt in the face and Pienaar's disgusting challenge on Mascherano. If the referee had dealt with those 2 incidents properly then the Kyrgiakos sending off wouldn't even have occured as Everton would have been down to nine men. Martin Atkinson was out of his depth.

Correctamundo. As the ESPN guys here at half time said, the fair thing to do in the Fellaini/Kyrgiakos incident was simple. Whatever one got, the other got. So either both nothing (which would be wrong), both yellows (lenient) or both reds (what any neutral would probably think should happen). Now that didn't happen at all, and that was the biggest thing that issues will be made of. Atkinson is not to fit to referee any game like this, he let the pressure get to him early and lost his head. When the referee in a derby loses his head, its only gonna go bad.

But like you said, my main issue was with the kick to Kuyts face, and the rake on Maschs leg. I mean did you see Kuyt when he was laying there, and then when he got up after? He was proper fuming!! And he is one of the most level headed guys out there, so ya know he is damned pissed when something happens. Really hoping the FA look into it further, but i aint gonna cross my fingers :roll:

But still, we F***ing won!!!! ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #298: Feb 07, 2010 09:52:37 pm
      as far as i seen the tackle was ok  from Kyrgiakos
      and i hope rafa goes to the fa and gets that redcard
      recinered
      That Fellinie is a snidey b***ard he was giving it out all day and if the ref hadn't been unsighted he'd have seen red for the stamp on Kyrgiakos, after saying that the Greek lad was foolish for reacting which is what brillo boy was after.

Quick Reply