Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool to bid for Taylor?

Read 1416 times
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge
      • Started Topic

• 111 posts |
      Liverpool to bid for Taylor?
      May 27, 2007 02:04:25 pm
      Sunday Mirror online today says Liverpool will table a £5M bid for Pompey left back Matt Taylor.  Not the most fasionable player going but could probably do a good job.  He knows the league, can handle the physical rigours and may chip in with a few goals.  Might Auralio be on his way out?  Anyone know anything about the story or is it al Sunday paper space filler.
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Re: Liverpool to bid for Taylor?
      Reply #1: May 27, 2007 02:13:34 pm
      not too sure he score's a few cracking goals and that's about it not really the calibre of player we should be looking at.
      boblfcec5
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts |
      Reply #2: May 27, 2007 02:41:47 pm
      Think we need to be setting our sight a lot higher then Matty Taylor, he is a good player but we can do much better then him with the money we have.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #3: May 28, 2007 08:54:24 am
      Another Sunday Paper piece of speculation.

Does anyone honestly believe we need Matty Taylor?

Taylor is the typeof player we may have considered last season but given our revised transfer budget suddenly Alves seems a better option! :scarf:
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge
      • Started Topic

• 111 posts |
      Reply #4: May 28, 2007 08:59:02 pm
      I might be wrong but i thought that Taylor played a left back and Alves played at right back, one is left footed, the other right footed.  So in that sense Alves isn't a better option and that is why i suggested Auralio might go.  I can't see him being brought in as anything other than cover but he's a decent player who performs every week for pompey.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: May 28, 2007 09:29:12 pm
      I think Taylor and Riise are the same to some standard.

They are two decent left backs that score some scorching goals. I like Taylor, I also like Riise. But let's be realistic here, this is a meer example of more bullshit coming onto print and in to the shops.

Sorry, I really think Riise will still be a left back next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #6: May 28, 2007 09:39:56 pm
      I think Taylor and Riise are the same to some standard.

They are two decent left backs that score some scorching goals. I like Taylor, I also like Riise. But let's be realistic here, this is a meer example of more bullshit coming onto print and in to the shops.

Sorry, I really think Riise will still be a left back next season.

I agree Court Taylor is no better than Riise so why would Rafa spend £5M on him. I feel that Riise along with Aurelio and Insua will be our options for left back next season. There are more important areas of the team need strengthened before LB. I think Liverpool is going to be the club used to fill any space in the papers this summer with transfer gossip.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: May 28, 2007 11:41:15 pm
      I agree Court Taylor is no better than Riise so why would Rafa spend £5M on him. I feel that Riise along with Aurelio and Insua will be our options for left back next season. There are more important areas of the team need strengthened before LB. I think Liverpool is going to be the club used to fill any space in the papers this summer with transfer gossip.

Yeah I think we will be the centre of attention for this summer. Especially with that 40m.

Hopefully not too much sh*te about our best players though ;)

Quick Reply