Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Arsenal v Liverpool - 10th Feb 2010 (Pre-match Thread)

Read 13162 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool - 10th Feb 2010 (Pre-match Thread)
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2010 10:11:19 am
      This is the 1 fixture that worries me more than any other.

On their day I really think they are capable of tearing us to pieces but if we are sensible and block the central areas and force Arsenal out wide to their fullbacks then we have a chance. Both Chelsea & Man U used the same tactics.

I would go for the same line up as Solodee.

Reina
      Carragher Skrtel Agger Insua
                Mascherano
          Maxi Aquilani Riera
                Gerrard
                 Kuyt
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2010 10:17:05 am
      Surprised to see so many downbeat posts considering theyve just had 2 bad defeats which will surely hit confidence where as were uunbeaten in what 7? and juat won the derby with 10 men.

Granted you could point out that they wont fancy losing 3 on the bounce and will be fired up but our lads will be buzzing and see this has a chance to put a marker down for 3rd!

If I thought for a second that Kelly/Johno/Degen were fit id have them in at right back and Aurelion in at left back. We need pace at full backs and Carra and Insua dont offer that. Carra to centre back for this
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2010 10:27:26 am
      aquilani on bench for 90 minutes = sure win.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2010 10:30:16 am

What kind of post is that you gimp.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2010 10:34:06 am

Just once it would be good if you could put a structured comment up
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2010 10:34:11 am
      why he was on the bench against everton for entire match?/

physical?? yes.

did you see the tackles song made yesterday? most of them were rough. so you think he will go on lightly on mr.glass??

stop fooling yourself.. and realize.

Rafa will never drop Lcuas for Aquilani..

You gimp.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2010 10:36:00 am

physical?? yes.

did you see the tackles song made yesterday? most of them were rough. so you think he will go on lightly on mr.glass??

You gimp.

I can't see where this 'Mr. Glass' nickname comes from - he's been injured once. Why does no one call Torres this?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2010 10:38:45 am
      Is this a thread about a footi game coming up or just about Rafa having the brains to realize when to use certain players.?

Rafa got his team spot on on saturday. And Im sure he will on wednesday.

Aquilani, will play some part in this game, should be a better footi match that the Everton one, so will suit Aquilani more.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2010 10:39:17 am

physical?? yes.

You gimp.

He dropped Lucas for the Bolton game and we won so if your going to make a point make a factual one. Rafa will pick who he thinks most suits the game. Aquilani will most likely start against Arsenal but Rafa was right not to play him against Everton
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #32: Feb 08, 2010 10:44:08 am
      He dropped Lucas for the Bolton game and we won so if your going to make a point make a factual one. Rafa will pick who he thinks most suits the game. Aquilani will most likely start against Arsenal but Rafa was right not to play him against Everton

Bolton match was a rest for our best player of the season. he did play though. Aquilani isn't even playing. There lies the difference.

and about the arsenal match... are you sure??

you sure he will play against Arsenal?? ;D that made me chuckle.

but we will see.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Feb 08, 2010 10:53:22 am
      Bolton match was a rest for our best player of the season. he did play though. Aquilani isn't even playing. There lies the difference.

but we will see.

Aquilani is still playing in pain and to risk him in an important game like this could be a mistake.

PS: Your a tit.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Feb 08, 2010 10:59:26 am

but we will see.

There is a video interview with Aquilani on this forum. He explains that he still plays with pain cant kick a football right and cant play as he wants to.
      Thats why he is not risked for some games. He is still not fully right. He will be soon and then with Torres and Johnson back we will really push on but I digress...
      Doesnt matter that Lucas eventually came on in the Bolton match... Your point was that he hasnt been dropped.. The truth is he has.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Feb 08, 2010 11:03:11 am
      I think it's about time we beat them at their boss stadium.

They'll be up for this game good and proper. So we need to be clever. Pretty sure they'll be weary of the counter attack from us though, but with Torres being out, I wouldn't say we've got a lightening fast attack anyway.

For me, I'd have Ngog up front with Aquilani behind him, Kuyt or Maxi on the right, Riera on the left and Gerrard and Mascherano in the middle. There's definitely enough danger with that notion to get us a goal or two. More than likely we're gonna see a back four of Carra, Skrtel, Agger and Insua. It's not impossible for that back four to be solid and concentrated. Can't really see much ariel threat against us so hopefully the loss of Kyrgiakos won't be a big factor. If one of them kicks F**k out of Arshavin, we should be alright.

I think the fact Aquilani was absent from the derby gives an indication that he'll be starting this game. Will be very surprised if he doesn't.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Feb 08, 2010 11:34:49 am
      Arshavin is the only worry against that lot. They are bottlers!

I really do hope we give them a going over, long over due at their Gaff!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #37: Feb 08, 2010 11:40:41 am
      Surprised to see so many downbeat posts considering theyve just had 2 bad defeats which will surely hit confidence where as were uunbeaten in what 7? and juat won the derby with 10 men.

It's funny isn't it how the minds of us reds work.

If they were unbeaten in 7 and we'd lost our last two - we'd be sitting here thinking we've got no chance.

I think the fact Aquilani was absent from the derby gives an indication that he'll be starting this game. Will be very surprised if he doesn't.
      I honestly don't think he will. I don't think the injury has cleared up and in my opinion we have looked a lot more solid with Lucas in the side.  I really can't see us going to the Emirates and picking a more attacking side than we would for a home game against Bolton.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38: Feb 08, 2010 12:08:04 pm
      My heart goes out to Aquilani but in a weird way I dont really want him to fully feature in the team this year. Imagine what happens if he finally gets near fitness and puts in some quality displays for us at the end of the season. Italy comes in for him in the World Cup and doesnt look after him. Would like to see him getting treatment and a training regime over the summer to have him at his peak for the start of next season. I know that might read as odd but I dont want us to get him right only for Italy to ruin him in the summer
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #39: Feb 08, 2010 12:34:33 pm
      We need to get into the faces of arsenal and stop them from playing free flowing football,they are woefull at the moment and are there for the taking,we owe them a hiding in their own back yard.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Feb 08, 2010 12:38:07 pm
      I honestly don't think he will. I don't think the injury has cleared up and in my opinion we have looked a lot more solid with Lucas in the side.  I really can't see us going to the Emirates and picking a more attacking side than we would for a home game against Bolton.

We shall see. You'll probably be right as Lucas and Mascherano in the middle seems to be Rafa's preferred choice. If Aquilani wasn't on the bench against the bitters though, then I'd be inclined to think otherwise about Aquilani starting this game.

hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #41: Feb 08, 2010 12:44:37 pm
      Aquilani is still playing in pain and to risk him in an important game like this could be a mistake.

PS: Your a tit.

are the schools off today?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42: Feb 08, 2010 01:22:40 pm
      btw. Aquilani si still playing in pain, he said in his interview on Footi focus.

Too be honest he probably can't play 2 games in a week just now.

We shall see, But I think Rafa will not change much from Saturday, maybe Riera will play?
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #43: Feb 08, 2010 01:35:29 pm
      We need to be a bit physical with Arsenal, but not as much as saturday ;D would be good though.

I saw the Chavs play them yesterday, and whenever Fabregas was on the ball, the Womaniser managed to shoulder-barge him off it quite a lot of time

2-1 to the Reds, with us to nick a cheeky winner at the end  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Cally
      • Banned

• 83 posts | -7 
      Reply #44: Feb 08, 2010 01:44:24 pm

I'm pretty sure we've won every game that Aqualini has started so far. Well in. The problem with the internet is it's given a platform for idiots to talk endless drivel.
      Red_Zepp
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 08, 2010 02:24:07 pm
      It's important to take notice of Lucas' performance against the Arses in Anfield and in that regard he certainly has my vote to start on Wednesday. Aquilani on the other hand has been putting in some assists, but its his ability to track back against the pacy Arses is a matter of concern. But then he was already benched against Everton as pointed out. Tough nut to crack really on who will start.

Quick Reply