Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Cisse Wants To Stay At Marseille

Read 2244 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Cisse Wants To Stay At Marseille
      Mar 09, 2007 11:59:07 am
      SKY SPORTS:

Djibril Cisse is ready to bounce back from his broken leg this month and pen a permanent deal at Marseille.

The 25-year-old is on loan at l'OM from Liverpool, although he will pen a permanent deal at The Stade Velodrome once he has proved his fitness - and hopes that is very soon.

Cisse is putting his injury problems of recent times, which have seen him break both legs is less than a two-year period, down to just 'bad luck'.

"I don't feel I am cursed, it is bad luck, just destiny," he said.

"I should resume competition exactly like after my first injury, mid-November.

"I never doubted I would be back playing football and I never imagined giving up. I love the sport too much. "I love challenges. I want to put l'OM as high as possible. I know I will be back to my best level.

"After my first injury I needed one month of competition to recover to my full abilities. It should be the same this time.

"I have certain a level to show, things to bring. Not necessarily considering pace and efficiency as we already have those qualities, but something eccentric. I have to bring some panache."

Cisse is hopeful the two clubs can soon strike a deal for his services - which seems likely according to reports in France.

"Will I go back to Liverpool? It is not for sure. Remaining at l'OM? Why not, if it goes on smoothly, and if the clubs could find an agreement," he added.

Well good luck to the lad, had a horrific time here with injuries, but ultimately was not the type of player Benitez was looking for. In Bellamy we have a player who is only slightly slower, but has twice the skill on the ball. The article doesn't mention the fee anywhere, hopefully around £8m, the price we were gonna get for him before he broke his leg again.
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Re: Cisse Wants To Stay At Marseille
      Reply #1: Mar 09, 2007 03:09:00 pm
      Hip Hip hoo f*ckin ray!! Now we can put this debate to bed once and for all.....
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Mar 09, 2007 03:13:54 pm
      Well that was his only choice
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Mar 09, 2007 04:17:39 pm
      To be honest now with the money we have I couldn't give a sh*t about where Djib is next season.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #4: Mar 09, 2007 04:58:50 pm
      To be honest now with the money we have I couldn't give a sh*t about where Djib is next season.

I agree totally Court as long as we get a good price for him,.. now if we could only get Chelsea to try and sign him! ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5: Mar 09, 2007 05:12:52 pm
      just wish it had worked out for him at LFC....when he first arrived how excited were you when his name was on the teamsheet...problem was he wasn't our version of Henry or an Anelka...shame. good luck at a club that is never going to win anything remotely significant
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Mar 09, 2007 05:33:11 pm
      just wish it had worked out for him at LFC....when he first arrived how excited were you when his name was on the teamsheet.

Unfortunately we seem to have been in that position a lot, "Kewell god cant wait for him to pull on a red shirt"," Diouf and Diao its a Houllier masterstoke" and others too many to mention lets hope the next big thing at Anfield is the real deal and we see him play like we know he can.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Mar 09, 2007 07:27:33 pm
      Unfortunately we seem to have been in that position a lot, "Kewell god cant wait for him to pull on a red shirt"," Diouf and Diao its a Houllier masterstoke" and others too many to mention lets hope the next big thing at Anfield is the real deal and we see him play like we know he can.

Amen to that! I hate it when players get hyped up too much or you've seen them do the biz elswhere, but then they come and it's a bit of a let down.

I wonder how much we'll get back off Cisse then...?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #8: Mar 10, 2007 01:58:16 am
      I reckon between 6-8Million...no more...maybe a little less? Do agree glenbuck with your post...just stating a fact that he was a  in demand player we waited along time for so we were all pretty excited when was on the teamsheet....GH really didn't do alot of good for the club in the long term...got us some great results/trophies but as time goes on he really left a bitter taste in my mouth
      terry_anthony
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      • U'll NeVEr WaLk AloNe
      Reply #9: Mar 14, 2007 04:27:45 am
      doesnt matter bout the money ;).. as long as he is not here in anfield liverpool will be a great team.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #10: May 28, 2007 08:50:28 pm
      Marseille president Pape Diouf has declared his intention to keep Djibril Cisse at the Stade Velodrome next season.

The flamboyant striker, 25, has spent this season on loan at the Mediterranean club from Liverpool with a view to a permanent move.

After continuing his recovery from a career-threatening broken leg sustained in the build up to last year's World Cup, Cisse finally made his first start for Marseille in early December, scoring in a 2-1 win over St Etienne.

Since then, the Frenchman has scored 14 times in 26 appearances, including a brace in the dramatic French cup final defeat at the hands of Sochaux.

And the form shown by Cisse since his comeback has promopted Diouf to arrange negotiations with Liverpool now the season has come to an end.

He told the club's official website: "I think in spite of the problems Djibril has experienced, a lot of people would be happy if he was to remain with us, and I think he would be happy to remain with us.

"The Djibril we saw at the end of the season is exactly the Djibril we went looking for at the start of the season.

"He wanted to come here and nowhere else, and I think he would continue to play for us if the conditions of the deal were met.

"We have not been able to give a response to Liverpool because we had a season to finish and they had a Champions League final to play.

"They have happened and nothing can now stop us starting discussions with them.

"But it is necessary, first of all, to talk to the player. That is what we should do in the next few days."

Let's hope the deal go's through, and for a decent amount.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: May 28, 2007 10:07:35 pm
      Thank f*ck for that  ;) ;D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: May 29, 2007 01:31:27 pm
      Better be a considerable amount that we recieve for him. I'm tired of sides like OLM ripping us off. 10+ Million for him or no deal.

Rafa isn't soft. So let's sit on the fence and watch what happens with this one!!
      Alexandra
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #13: May 29, 2007 10:37:57 pm
      I agree he wasn't right for LFC but he tried his best and 2 broken legs! I feel bad for the guy. I hope he gets on well wherever he plays next season. I will miss his confident attitude and hairstyles on the pitch (he made me smile).

Quick Reply