Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni 18/02/2010 - Man Of The Match

David N'Gog
      (3.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (11.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (17.1%)
      Albert Riera
      (1.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (17.1%)
      Dani Pacheco
      (13.3%)
      Ryan Babel
      (28.6%)
      Alberto Aquilani
      (1%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0%)
      Pepe Reina
      (1.9%)

Liverpool 1-0 Unirea Urziceni - Post Match Cuddles

Read 23587 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni - Post Match Cuddles
      Reply #46: Feb 18, 2010 10:38:18 pm
      I'd love to say -'oh well, not a good performance, but a crucial home win'. However, I'm tired of sticking up for the team. To be honest it's hard to remain positive when our football is so boring. Even the commentators were dropping sly comments about our lack of penetration. '20 passes and erh,  they've lost it again'.

Who gives a sh*t what the commentators say?

Bunch of muppits 90% of the time. Who was that pundit tonight? He was more boring than the game.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #47: Feb 18, 2010 10:39:19 pm
      Dani Pacheco!!!Briliant talent,floating round the field with the ball in his feet,definetly deserves more playing time!New Fabregas,but this time in the right red shirt ;)...Oh..I almost forgot,he decided tonights game :laugh:
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #48: Feb 18, 2010 10:42:09 pm
      Although the players didn't play awesome I thought the tactics were spot on. At the end of the day it would have been silly to throw players forward seeing as Urine were playing a counter attacking game (even though they never really got to counter attack).

Need to get our shots on target and get Torres back and we'll be sorted.

So stoked Pacheco got on and nice assist as he could have tried to be greedy and had a pop himself.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #49: Feb 18, 2010 10:42:58 pm

Bunch of muppits 90% of the time. Who was that pundit tonight? He was more boring than the game.

He was right though, it doesnt matter if you think he's boring. At the time during the game his comments were spot on.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #50: Feb 18, 2010 10:44:22 pm
      However, I'm tired of sticking up for the team.

Go stick up for someone else then. Thick and thin mate.

I've just got home from the game. It was a pretty dire performance, yes. It looked like there was no urgency at all, something I remember from Houllier's worse days. But the result was right and Babel and Pacheco showed a decent little bit of promise.

If we perform like that on Sunday though, they have the players to rip us a new arsehole. We need to tighten it up before we play City.

Also, keep it above the belt please ladies and gents. Don't want to have to ban anyone after a win. Just wouldn't be right now would it?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #51: Feb 18, 2010 10:45:38 pm

I've just got home from the game. It was a pretty dire performance, yes. It looked like there was no urgency at all, something I remember from Houllier's worse days. But the result was right and Babel and Pacheco showed a decent little bit of promise.

If we perform like that on Sunday though, they have the players to rip us a new arsehole. We need to tighten it up before we play City.

That's the only thing I'm a little concerned about now - Unirea were so easy on us, City could be a shock to the system.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #52: Feb 18, 2010 10:46:11 pm
      However, I'm tired of sticking up for the team. To be honest it's hard to remain positive when our football is so boring.

Should start looking for a new team to support then... Man.Shitty? Gooners? I heard they play interesting football, but I'm sticking to our boring team.  

Thanks but no YANK$... IRWT.... YNWA
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #53: Feb 18, 2010 10:48:09 pm

Also, keep it above the belt please ladies and gents. Don't want to have to ban anyone after a win. Just wouldn't be right now would it?

I'm getting pissed off with all the snidey comments directed at me because I've had the gall to assess the game honestly. I'm not going to sit here and say we were great, because like most of the season we were sh*t again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #54: Feb 18, 2010 10:50:16 pm
      I'm getting pissed off with all the snidey comments directed at me because I've had the gall to assess the game honestly. I'm not going to sit here and say we were great, because like most of the season we were sh*t again.

Just leave it out eh fella. Your getting snidey comments because like Joey said, Thick and Thin.

Get tired of seeing all the bitching when we lose so lets not have it when we win too. Lets look for the positives for once instead...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #55: Feb 18, 2010 10:50:46 pm
      This 'football is boring' line is doing my head in.

If we won the Premier League/FA Cup/Champions League/League Cup/Europa League playing 'boring' football then you wouldn't be complaining would you?

The only reason the game was boring tonight was because Unirea made it boring. That was their gameplan. If they came onto us we would've probably ripped them apart.

And for the record, I find Liverpool FC extremely entertaining most of the time.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #56: Feb 18, 2010 10:53:01 pm
      The game wasn't great on the eye, it was us passing it sideways without much penetration. Our best chances came through instinct, Kuyt's shot in the first half across the keeper, Ngog's snap shot after that quality little flick and Stevie's 20 yard effort which if it'd gone in would of been my goal of the season (thus far).

They never threatened us, we were in total control from the first second to the last.

Certain players disappointed me while some really looked quality. Man of the match went to Carra, thought he was boss throughout and since he went to right back we have looked much more assured at the back. Stevie put himself about much more than I was expecting. The lad who impressed most was Babel, I've been massively critical of him over the past 18 months but tonight he showed desire to go past people and still have the quality to put a decent ball in - much more than either Riera or Aurelio.

I didn't really see much difference in Aquilani's play to what Lucas has been delivering all season. And up top it was what I've come to expect from Dave Ngog. Poor when he's outside the box with his link up play but when he's in the 18 yard box he's a real handful and knows how to test the keeper, if not bury the chance. If he's playing up top on his todd then I really think he's really got to stop drifting out wide or dropping deep and just stick to what he's good at - causing havoc in the opponent's box.

Obviously a 1-0 we're a long way from being certainly through to the next round but if they perform to the standard they did tonight then we're off to either France or Turkey depending on who wins between Lille and Fenerbache.

It is another clean sheet although this was probably one of the easiest of Pepe's career. But still another solid performance at the back, what is it now - 2 goals conceded in 9 games?

As with any Liverpool win I'm over the moon and hopefully we can build on this win. Hopefully this can take us on another run like the one we had before the Arsenal game.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #57: Feb 18, 2010 10:53:34 pm
      We win and still the Rafa haters are making some noise. Brilliant.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #58: Feb 18, 2010 10:55:15 pm
      Awful performance again like a lot of our performances this season awful to watch. I've said it before and I'll say it again the team is lacking pace. We can't open teams up because to be honest we are to slow as a team. That is why we looked more dangerous when Babel came on because he has pace.

This season we've played some of the worst football seen from a Liverpool team in a long long time. Won't started picking out individual players I was nt impressed with because they were all fairly average.

A win is a win but we will have to raise our performance a 100% if we are to beat City.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #59: Feb 18, 2010 10:57:21 pm
      Unirea Urziceni came to defend. No matter how good a team is, playing against nine defenders who just stuff up the 18 yard box, will be very difficult. Hence the sideways passing.

We the fans are so difficult to please. The team attacked for the full 90 minutes and they're shiit? Some of our critical positions are somewhat juvenile to be honest.

Gerrard played very well!
      Ngog cant be faulted for making effort!

Give the team a break!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #60: Feb 18, 2010 10:59:02 pm
      Just back from the game, F**k that was cold.
      Really boring game :-\
      Riera and Aurelio were terrible.
      They weren't as much of a pushover as I expected them to be but we should've done better there.
      Atleast they'll have to attack a bit more at their place and we might get a few more clear chances.

Well done to the back four who didn't really put a foot wrong. I know they didn't get attacked much but in games like that where they're sitting back there bored all game, when an attack hits you it can easily catch you out.

Babel and Pacheco had a good impact coming on, especially Babel. Good to see Pacheco directly involved in the goal and another confident boost for David Ngog.

Atleast we got the win and even though it wasn't great, i can see us progressing through after the 2nd leg.

You'll Never Walk Alone
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #61: Feb 18, 2010 11:01:38 pm
      Ha ha sky sports news only too happy to tell the world we had a strong side out that"included Reina Carragher Gerrard and Aquilani" oh how I loathe them
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #62: Feb 18, 2010 11:01:48 pm

To be fair, I assessed it quite honestly too. I just assessed the positives as well.

Don't worry. If someone else would have said 'Honestly, I'm getting tired of sticking up for the team.' I'd have give them it as well. Please don't think that you're special.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #63: Feb 18, 2010 11:01:56 pm

Those channel 5 commentators mate are rubbish same as the sky commentators best thing to do is blank the sound and make your own mind up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #64: Feb 18, 2010 11:04:28 pm
      Anyone on here ever here this song? course you have

How many take in the lyrics and what they mean??

When you walk through a storm
      Hold your head up high
      And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
      Is a golden sky
      And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
      Walk on through the rain
      Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
      And you'll never walk alone
      You'll never walk alone

When you walk through a storm
      Hold your head up high
      And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
      Is a golden sky
      And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
      Walk on through the rain
      Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
      And you'll never walk alone
      You'll never walk

You'll never walk
      You'll never walk alone.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #65: Feb 18, 2010 11:05:40 pm
      We were shocking to watch tonight that against a team that haven't played a competitive match in 2 months that is probably what the commentators are on about.

The sooner the season finishes and Rafa guts the team(obviously if funds are available) the better.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #66: Feb 18, 2010 11:07:20 pm
      Just arrived back from curry night (Wetherspoons) No Channel 5. Sounds as if I didn't miss much. Still at least another clean sheet. 2nd leg should be a better game
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #67: Feb 18, 2010 11:08:19 pm
      Those channel 5 commentators mate are rubbish same as the sky commentators best thing to do is blank the sound and make your own mind up.

Agreed.  Graham Taylor = David Pleat 2.  They even sound the same.

DLS best post on the thread and I agree with everything.  Carra was my MOTM as well and marauded forward better than Aurelio on the other side.  That little turn and through pass to Kuyt was absolutely top class.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #68: Feb 18, 2010 11:08:23 pm
      Just arrived back from curry night (Wetherspoons) No Channel 5. Sounds as if I didn't miss much. Still at least another clean sheet. 2nd leg should be a better game

Hope the curry was top notch David

Back to the tie...they sat back tonight to defend. They cant do that at home. They have to attack us to stay in the cup. Nobody better to exploit that then us. So lets just be gald we won tonight with no injuries and I think no cards. 
      « Last Edit: Feb 18, 2010 11:15:07 pm by Brian78 »

Quick Reply