Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni 18/02/2010 - Man Of The Match

David N'Gog
      (3.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (11.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (17.1%)
      Albert Riera
      (1.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (1%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (17.1%)
      Dani Pacheco
      (13.3%)
      Ryan Babel
      (28.6%)
      Alberto Aquilani
      (1%)
      Fabio Aurelio
      (1.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (0%)
      Pepe Reina
      (1.9%)

Liverpool 1-0 Unirea Urziceni - Post Match Cuddles

Read 23334 times
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni - Post Match Cuddles
      Reply #23: Feb 18, 2010 10:07:33 pm
      Thought we played a very well, controlled game. The commentators before the game were all talking about playing with patience, then as soon as we started they were talking about hoofing the ball into the box and playing direct!

Babel was absolutely boss when he came on.

Absolutely made up for the Pacheco lad, well done son!
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #24: Feb 18, 2010 10:07:42 pm
      Dear Rafa

Next time can we win 4-3.

Just to make it a bit more exciting for me watching on the tele. (I've got the attention span of a gnat)

Thanks

JD you can't be happy with that. 

Over the last few months we have not played well, and I think we all believed that at last a game where we could hammer a team, or at least bombard the goal.  But the goalie didn't have a lot to do considering the amount of pocession we had.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25: Feb 18, 2010 10:07:59 pm
      We were sh*te today, make no f**king mistake, but some people are on borderline idiocy.

Negative?!?!?! How the f**k is bringing on two attackers f**king negative?

I hate Liverpool fans' attitudes at times. I do.
      Raffa started with one striker and stuck with it till 60min against a team who din't attack in the whole of the first half, Raffa should have had two strikers on from the start ive been watching Liverpool for 40 years and Rafa's tactics are negitive
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Feb 18, 2010 10:09:35 pm
      My local station are going through texts and emails from "fans"...Needless to say theres some right whopper c**ts out there. Do half of these people actually hope we dint succeed just to get there kicks?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Feb 18, 2010 10:09:48 pm
      To be fair though - most teams would've found that extremely difficult.

Well done to N'Gog for getting another goal. For the rest of the night he was pretty crap like but.
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #28: Feb 18, 2010 10:10:03 pm
      Utter rubbish. We were given the freedom of the city to play tonight and there were a few players who found it difficult to control and pass the ball 5 yards namely aurelio and riera. Add to that the so called imagination of our twenty million man and against a poor poor team that havent played for months, we had to rely on guys not deemed good enough to start on a regular basis. We have demolished teams like that in the past so some of our regulars need to have a good look at themself. Yes we won, but the performance against the weakest team still left in the competition was shocking.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Feb 18, 2010 10:11:07 pm
      Raffa started with one striker and stuck with it till 60min against a team who din't attack in the whole of the first half, Raffa should have had two strikers on from the start ive been watching Liverpool for 40 years and Rafa's tactics are negitive

Wow, you've been watching for 40 years. I've been watching for 10. Who cares?

People were crying for us to play a half reserves side and yet he put out a full strength outfit.

Read the 'Europa League - who cares?' thread and the start of this one and see if people saw it as negative.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Feb 18, 2010 10:13:08 pm

And so are you. FFS, did you see how many passes went astray? For gods sake i was only listening to commentary and i could hear how many passes that could have done something great went astray.

My local station are going through texts and emails from "fans"...Needless to say theres some right whopper c**ts out there. Do half of these people actually hope we dint succeed just to get there kicks?

I think they do mate! Same is on facebook groups, some real whoppers there all the time.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #31: Feb 18, 2010 10:13:33 pm
      And so are you. FFS, did you see how many passes went astray? For gods sake I was only listening to commentary and I could hear how many passes that could have done something great went astray.

My pet hate our passing. Your on the money by saying that if our passes hit there intended targets  it could create so much more. And these arent 40 yard jobs these are the bread and butter 5/10 yard passes
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #32: Feb 18, 2010 10:15:44 pm
      My pet hate our passing. Your on the money by saying that if our passes hit there intended targets  it could create so much more. And these arent 40 yard jobs these are the bread and butter 5/10 yard passes

Yeah, all i kept hearing was the commentator getting excited, and then a sigh as what most of the time sounded like a simple pass going astray. I think if we had been crisp and precise in that department we may have seen more shots-on, and thus maybe a goal or two more.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #33: Feb 18, 2010 10:16:55 pm
      I leave for work at the 70 minute mark and I miss Pacheco coming on, a goal and more Babel wonders? F**k this sh*t
      beerdog
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -3 
      Reply #34: Feb 18, 2010 10:17:17 pm
      that performance sucked. it's obvious to all but the most deluded, that benitez is past his sell buy date. personally i can't wait to see the back of him.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #35: Feb 18, 2010 10:17:55 pm
      Well that was pretty dire but a win's a win.  I saw nothing from them in an attacking sense that would make me scared of them in the second leg.  1-0 is not a great advantage but its still an advantage and I'm confident we'll do enough to get through with relative ease. ;)

Thought Babel did very well when he came on and it was great to see Pacheco get in on the action with an assist.  Still need a massive improvement for Sunday's game and show a lot more adventure.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Feb 18, 2010 10:18:18 pm
      that performance sucked. it's obvious to all but the most deluded, that benitez is past his sell buy date. personally I can't wait to see the back of him.

I can't wait to see the back of you.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #37: Feb 18, 2010 10:23:23 pm
      What was good

Pacheco got a chance, and shined, should be given much more time
      Babel was decent, well much better than AR
      Gerrard starting to find a little bit of form
      Kuyt looking better

What was bad
      sideways passes
      not much invention
      far too narrow in the first half...laughable
      cant say ngog was any good, in the right place at the right time though.

we should progress though.
      beerdog
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -3 
      Reply #38: Feb 18, 2010 10:23:42 pm
      oh you must be one of these in rafa we trust arseholes @bigvYNWA
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #39: Feb 18, 2010 10:24:45 pm
      that performance sucked. it's obvious to all but the most deluded, that benitez is past his sell buy date. personally i can't wait to see the back of him.

Hollywood infected your brain, You wanted kissing in the rain, Oh oh, Living in a movie scene, Puking American dreams, Oh oh, I’m obsessed with the mess that’s America, I’m obsessed with the mess that’s America.

Rather be an arsehole than a c**t lad.
      beerdog
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -3 
      Reply #40: Feb 18, 2010 10:29:03 pm
      another in rafa we trust braindead dipshit @ross
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Feb 18, 2010 10:31:18 pm

More like to think of myself as a level-headed fan who doesn't level the blame at the manager when there are more factors at play. If you are seriously blaming Rafa for the countless misplaced passes today, but still us getting a result which despite our staggered play we deserved, then well good luck to you in life. Must be such a rosey guy to get along with you!

Hollywood infected your brain, You wanted kissing in the rain, Oh oh, Living in a movie scene, Puking American dreams, Oh oh, I’m obsessed with the mess that’s America, I’m obsessed with the mess that’s America.

Rather be an arsehole than a c**t lad.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

another in rafa we trust braindead dipshit @ross

Another WUM WUM WUM whos gonna get BANNED BANNED BANNED @beerdog ;D

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42: Feb 18, 2010 10:32:57 pm
      that performance sucked. it's obvious to all but the most deluded, that benitez is past his sell buy date. personally I can't wait to see the back of him.

Why do tools like you even bother posting when all your doing is trying to wind people up. If you had any knowledge of the game what so ever then you'd know that there is only a limit to what Rafa can do. He fielded our current strongest line up which had more than enough chances to score but didn't take them. It was the players that have to put the ball in the net not Rafa. Though this wasn't happening so he changed it about, took off probably the 2 worst players on the night and the 2 (attacking) players that came on combined and set up the goal.

Rafa cant win with idiots like you. He fields a weakened team and he gets slated, he fields the strongest line up he can he gets slated and to top it all off the subs he does that effectively won us the game and he still gets slated.

You could argue he even took a risk in taking off a £20Million midifielder for a youngster but it worked out as a great move which shows he has faith in Pacheco.

If we had won 10-0 but had started Lucas then i bet he would still get slated from certain people.

Either way he can't do right for doing wrong.

We won the game, kept a clean sheet, never looked troubled at the back and played our strongest line up as well as introduced a youngster looking break into the team. What more do you F***ing want for christ sake.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #43: Feb 18, 2010 10:34:28 pm
      All personal issues aside lads and ladies not much to pat each other on the back about tonight. We won. Pacheco got a chance. Babel done well (another false dawn?). Good turnout crowd wise (tho quite for large spells)

The oppo were poor and we could sorry should have had the tie over tonight. Our passing and creating of good channces is not good enough if we want to win this cup and forget about a result Sunday playing that way.

I can fully understand some peoples comments tonight of the negative type. I think there is a valid case there that these were defending only and we could have set about getting at them more attack minded. But to pop the blame at the boss as some seem quick to do is unfair. Hes not the one giving away the ball with a sinmple pass or not getting a cross in etc
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: Feb 18, 2010 10:35:11 pm
      For me Babel played well when he came on, no one else did anything of significance, was happy with Pacheco's input, Kuyt was silent and at best, shocking with possesion. Not our best performance by a long shot but a win, and we were always attacking.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #45: Feb 18, 2010 10:37:19 pm
      I'd love to say -'oh well, not a good performance, but a crucial home win'. However, I'm tired of sticking up for the team. To be honest it's hard to remain positive when our football is so boring. Even the commentators were dropping sly comments about our lack of penetration. '20 passes and erh,  they've lost it again'.

Quick Reply