Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Aliens vs Predator

Read 6272 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Aliens vs Predator
      Feb 19, 2010 02:50:01 pm
      Just got this today.

You can do missions as the marines, the aliens and the predators which I think is great!

Also there's something called 'single player survivor mode' which I've not tried yet - first guess would be you have to survive for as long as possible?

Network play is available too.

So far I've done the first mission for the marines.

Got some work to do now but I'll be back on it again later - probably trying out what it's like online!

Anybody else got it?
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2010 05:38:34 pm by Ross »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Aliens VS Predator
      Reply #1: Feb 19, 2010 07:00:46 pm
      Enjoying it then Ross? Looks like a boss game, id consider getting it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Feb 19, 2010 07:37:55 pm
      So far, so good mate!

At first I was unsure about the online play - at first I could only play as Alien and it's a little tricky at first but once you begin to get the hang of it it's great fun. You can climb the balls, jump wall to wall, light attack, heavy attack and square is a finishing move (loads of them).

I can tell it's one of those games that is a little hard at first but with practice you'll become great and it'll become more and more addictive.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #3: Feb 19, 2010 07:40:13 pm
      Oh man, I haven't come onto this thread yet because I knew I'd be too jealous.

Not only will they never do this on the Wii, if they did it'd be the biggest pile of sh*te ever.

I love the Wii, but it's so outdated compared to the new generation of consoles.

:depressed:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Feb 19, 2010 07:43:42 pm
      The most impressive thing is definitely the aliens - no idea how they managed to create such a fluid way of movement allowing you to go pretty much anywhere including crawling along ceilings etc.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #5: Feb 19, 2010 11:39:36 pm
      Damn! I needed you to say "It's sh*t, i can't believe i wasted some of my life on this!" so i wouldn't get jealous! :D

Have to wait for it to come down in price because, as much as i want to, im not spending premium on it. Good to hear ya enjoying it though!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Feb 20, 2010 04:17:51 pm
      Played one of these on the PC years ago, which was very impressive back then. I imagine this to be very very good.

The most impressive thing is definitely the aliens - no idea how they managed to create such a fluid way of movement allowing you to go pretty much anywhere including crawling along ceilings etc.

I know what you mean about that, the old one had something similar. You just walk up the walls, easy as! :D

Do you start off as a facehugger and then turn into the big fella?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Feb 20, 2010 05:36:31 pm
      Not played with anyone yet offline but the marines mate.

Just killed off some queen alien thing that was giving birth to loads. The weapons are quality. Makes you proper on the edge of your seat at time even though it's just a game. Something hisses or makes a noise and you sh*t it. You get really paranoid playing it but it's a weird thrill!

Seem to be in the jungle now - the aliens seem to have gone from black to beige and they seem much quicker. Plus they fire some kind of acid balls at you.

Facehuggers are a right b***ard. Come out of those shells and they can be tricky to spot and kill.

Got it on normal difficulty at the moment and even that is pretty challenging!

The more I play it though, the more I get into it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Aliens vs Predator
      Reply #8: Feb 20, 2010 05:40:20 pm
      Didn't even know about this. Sounds pretty good.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Feb 20, 2010 05:45:51 pm
      Pretty original actually.

Love the way it has 'trophy kills' when you play as an Alien - if you get into the right position you press square and there's loads of different animations where he will execute the marine.

Also there's some interesting game modes online, for example where there's one Predator and several marines. The marines have to hunt down whoever is the predator and kill them. Once you kill the predator, you become the predator, and you then get points for marine kills.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #10: Feb 20, 2010 06:32:37 pm
      Saw a couple of videos about this and it looked pretty interesting, after what reading what you've said, I'm probably gonna get it :laugh:

The Predators seem to be better than the other two though, that shoulder lazer thing seems to kill everyone in the videos!

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: Feb 21, 2010 05:50:26 pm
      Just completed another Marine mission - looks like I may be close to getting introduced to fighting Predators.

Gets better and better the more I play.

Great thing is too - if you're finding it too hard, you can just go to 'select mission' and it'll give you the option of what difficulty you want to play. So for example if you have been playing on normal and you're completely stuck - you can play out that mission on easy and then go back to normal afterwards again.
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #12: Feb 22, 2010 12:21:35 pm
      I've actually heard this game is terrible... Gamespot slated it ang gave it 55 out of 100 :S
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #13: Feb 25, 2010 03:27:44 pm
      Just had a go as playing as Predator.

Superb.

Go invisible, light attacks, heavy attacks, blocking, trophy kills (ripping the head off or fisting dagger through face), fast running, ability to jump, target system, targeting enemies and pacing onto them, distractions by pressing square, fast sprinting, plasma gun.

Just had the rip a marines head off and use it for an eye retina machine!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Feb 25, 2010 08:28:24 pm
      Itching to buy this game but might just wait until it's dropped in price a little bit.

Everyone will have stopped playing online then though. :( Catch 22.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #15: Feb 27, 2010 11:06:27 am
      Just had a go as playing as Predator.

Superb.

Go invisible, light attacks, heavy attacks, blocking, trophy kills (ripping the head off or fisting dagger through face), fast running, ability to jump, target system, targeting enemies and pacing onto them, distractions by pressing square, fast sprinting, plasma gun.

Just had the rip a marines head off and use it for an eye retina machine!
      Just done that mission with the Predator, got the game the other day. It's a good game etc, but there just seems to be something missing with it for me, no real story-line to it I feel. Might get more into it as the game goes on.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #16: Feb 27, 2010 12:00:39 pm
      That's true - about the storyline.

Feel most of the work has gone into the alien movement/predator movement myself.

Nevertheless fun to play.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #17: Feb 28, 2010 11:53:58 pm
      Got this Saturday. Christ it's good.

As a shooting game, it (like every other shooting game known to man) doesn't hold a candle to COD. But it would be unfair to compare. That would be like saying Leicester City aren't as good as the Redmen. It's a no brainer.

What I do like about AvP though, is the way they have made the Marine campaign just as enjoyable and playable as the Alien and Predator campaigns. I think I've near finished the marine one on normal, and am about halfway through the other two.

The trophy kills for the two creatures are a joy to behold I reckon. And the movement of the Alien and the jumping about of the Predator is class, although the invisibility cloak isn't worth a w*nk. They still see you!!

I'm liking it though. Hope it isn't too short, but I definitely fancy going right through on hard and nightmare. Can imagine it to be impossible.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Feb 28, 2010 11:55:12 pm
      Knew you'd like it mate!

Pleased!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #19: Mar 10, 2010 07:42:18 pm
      Finished the Marine and Predator missions on normal. Nearly at the end of the Alien missions. Quite short I think but the online gives it a little more longevity, plus there's downloadable content out soon apparently.

Definitely going for the extra Trophies, finishing it on Hard and Nightmare. Can imagine it to be impossible.

EDIT: Finished the Alien bit too. :D
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2010 08:22:34 pm by CRK »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #20: Mar 10, 2010 08:36:05 pm
      I haven't played in a little while - got really into UT on FIFA.

Probably come back to it at some point.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #21: Mar 10, 2010 11:18:25 pm
      Started playing this again recently, on the Alien missions, the Alien is definately the best, see what you mean now about the movement Ross!
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #22: Mar 13, 2010 03:36:04 am
      The alien missions made me a bit dizzy I've gotta be honest also slightly repetitive after a while , I much prefer the Predator missions, more tactical and the variety of weapons is so much better!

Quick Reply