Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Coldplay

Read 16529 times
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Coldplay
      Feb 23, 2010 06:00:00 pm
      Is there a thread for this band? If so truly sorry, if not truly sorry.

Yes, I am not afraid to say I like Coldplay. I like there melodic taste, their alternative/soft rock. They're like marmite - you either love em or hate them!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Coldplay
      Reply #1: Feb 23, 2010 06:04:11 pm
      They're coming to Brazil next week...

Still deciding if I go, it's too expensive and I'm not the biggest fan, but many friends are going.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #2: Feb 23, 2010 07:09:32 pm
      They're coming to Brazil next week...

Still deciding if I go, it's too expensive and I'm not the biggest fan, but many friends are going.

I went to their gig at Glasgow over a year ago (part of the same tour) and it was simply brilliant. The show is great fun and over halfway through they perform at the back of the room. I would advise it to anyone!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Feb 23, 2010 07:24:51 pm
      They're like marmite - you either love em or hate them!

Not true! I think they're OK.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #4: Feb 23, 2010 07:29:49 pm
      Think this song is epic! 100 times better than the overplayed Viva La Vida

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #5: Feb 23, 2010 11:54:38 pm
      I F***ing love them.
      I've seen them twice on the Viva tour. Not only the best band in the world right now, but the best live band too.

It seems to be cool to hate coldplay for some reason, just because they're one of the most popular bands across the world, and it's cool to hate popular stuff.

When you see them in interviews, they're lovely genuine nice guys who just want to make really good music and playt it for their fans.
      They've got amazing ambition too, to keep improving after each album.

All four studio albums are brilliant, probably the 4 most played albums in my music library.

I'm not ashamed to say i love coldplay!!! ;D ;D ;D
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #6: Feb 24, 2010 12:24:33 pm
      I f**king love them.
      I've seen them twice on the Viva tour. Not only the best band in the world right now, but the best live band too.

It seems to be cool to hate coldplay for some reason, just because they're one of the most popular bands across the world, and it's cool to hate popular stuff.

When you see them in interviews, they're lovely genuine nice guys who just want to make really good music and playt it for their fans.
      They've got amazing ambition too, to keep improving after each album.

All four studio albums are brilliant, probably the 4 most played albums in my music library.

I'm not ashamed to say I love coldplay!!! ;D ;D ;D

Good to hear! All 4 of them are lovely modest, down to earth guys who honestly do not have a bad word to say against anyone. Also people misunderstand Chris Martin. I used to think U2 were the best live band, but Coldplay are consistently brilliant live which is incredible. I look forward with excitement to LP5!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #7: Feb 24, 2010 12:32:30 pm
      It's a kind of inverted snobbery when people say they don't like them, when a band make the supergroup status it happens. Musically they are outstanding and Chris Martin is an intelligent,unassuming individual and talented man. 
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #8: Feb 24, 2010 02:24:59 pm
      Some of their songs are good and catchy but Chris Martin is a tosser.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #9: Feb 24, 2010 04:38:16 pm
      Some of their songs are good and catchy but Chris Martin is a tosser.

Do you think so? I 100% believe he's portrayed in some sections of the media that way albeit unfairly. Perhaps a lot of people don't like him because his charitable work and desire to see a healthier world? He's not like Bono who thinks he can solve problems like fair trade but he's just a very well known campaigner - although he doesn't shove it down our throats at Coldplay concerts like at some U2 gigs. Plus Martin keeps his private life private even though he is married to one of Hollywoods biggest actresses!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #10: Feb 24, 2010 05:20:12 pm
      Do you think so? I 100% believe he's portrayed in some sections of the media that way albeit unfairly. Perhaps a lot of people don't like him because his charitable work and desire to see a healthier world? He's not like Bono who thinks he can solve problems like fair trade but he's just a very well known campaigner - although he doesn't shove it down our throats at Coldplay concerts like at some U2 gigs. Plus Martin keeps his private life private even though he is married to one of Hollywoods biggest actresses!
      No but some of the things he does and some of the things he's said are stupid.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #11: Feb 24, 2010 08:05:35 pm
      Well said, that's pretty much how i feel too.
      And i don't think he's ever done or said anything to warrant being called a tosser. That's just believing what the media tell you mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #12: Feb 24, 2010 08:21:32 pm
      What pisses the media off is he is a private man and unlike some does not court the attention of the sensationalist press as a result they are not over complimentary towards him at best - the usual attitude is to say the least hostile.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #13: Feb 24, 2010 08:29:59 pm
      Well said, that's pretty much how i feel too.
      And i don't think he's ever done or said anything to warrant being called a tosser. That's just believing what the media tell you mate.
      He has done a few things that warrant it, I still like their music but he as an individual isn't my favourite.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #14: Feb 24, 2010 08:32:01 pm
      He has done a few things that warrant it.

Name a few
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #15: Feb 24, 2010 09:34:09 pm
      There's nothing in particular, he just seems up himself a bit, but he does do a lot of good stuff for charity.
      Chris Martin Attacks Paparazzi at The Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC - (14-Jan-08)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #16: Feb 24, 2010 09:39:03 pm
      The reason he hit that pap was because he was following him around when he was visiting his wife in hospital after she'd just give birth and she wasn't feeling well.
      And to be honest, anyone who does that to a paparazzi goes up in my estimation if anything. Scum of the earth they are
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #17: Feb 24, 2010 09:52:06 pm
      Yeah but they were asking how they were, not harassing them, still.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #18: Feb 24, 2010 10:42:51 pm
      Yeah but they were asking how they were, not harassing them, still.
      Like I said earlier he is private man and the pap were bang out of order there.
      They don't give a sh*t about his wife all they're after is a few shots to sell to some rag.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #19: Feb 24, 2010 10:56:54 pm
      Parachutes was a fantastic album. Especially at the time. I remember driving home from Sheffield after being at Gatecrasher the night before and it being on and I just about fell in love. Got it that Christmas and loved it.

No band can live up to a truly classic album like that. And they didn't.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #20: Feb 25, 2010 12:03:59 am
      Parachutes is an awesome album. I think it's the perfect debut album.
      But i think A rush of blood to the head is their best. The scientist, clocks, in my place, god put a smile upon your face, politik, green eyes and in my opinion, their most underrated song; Amsterdam.

Coldplay - Amsterdam (Live 2003)

How i would've loved to see that tour.

Any big coldplay fans out there should consider buying their live 3002 cd dvd its ace :D

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #21: Feb 25, 2010 12:08:42 am
      I've got probably 50 Coldplay, full live gigs on cd here, plus all the demo's of Parachutes. Some of my live stuff is truly remarkable stuff! Like the first time they played in front of 10 thousand people in America. Superb!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #22: Feb 25, 2010 12:10:08 am
      How'd you get all the live gigs on CD Gow?
      And did you get to see them on any of the earlier tours? I'd have loved to
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #23: Feb 25, 2010 12:11:37 am
      Parachutes was a fantastic album. Especially at the time. I remember driving home from Sheffield after being at Gatecrasher the night before and it being on and I just about fell in love. Got it that Christmas and loved it.

No band can live up to a truly classic album like that. And they didn't.
      True what you say mate that was an iconic album it's when you compare Coldplay with the competition they stand out. I'm no diehard fan of theirs but they are very listenable.
        As soon I could I got Rush Of Blood and as I said earlier it saw the competition off with ease but just fell short of matching Parachutes wrenching originality,  then I kinda lost interest as you do but still like them.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2010 12:24:05 am by stuey »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #24: Feb 25, 2010 12:15:58 am
      How'd you get all the live gigs on CD Gow?
      And did you get to see them on any of the earlier tours? I'd have loved to

Used to trade and download shn torrents mate. Very large files - something like 60mb per song and you had about thirty files to download! I was way ahead of my time! ;)
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #25: Feb 25, 2010 12:25:35 am
      Parachutes is an awesome album. I think it's the perfect debut album.
      But I think A rush of blood to the head is their best. The scientist, clocks, in my place, god put a smile upon your face, politik, green eyes and in my opinion, their most underrated song; Amsterdam.

Coldplay - Amsterdam (Live 2003)

How I would've loved to see that tour.

Any big coldplay fans out there should consider buying their live 3002 cd dvd its ace :D

My favourite song of what is arguably their finest album to date! Amsterdam is beautiful. As an album closer it is stunning and the fact that it follows on from the song A Rush Of Blood To The Head which is just as amazing is fantastic. The album A Rush Of Blood To The Head is stunning.

Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head (Live 2003)
      AdamT1985
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 25, 2010 11:29:34 am
      Saw them twice on their Viva la Vida tour. First time at SECC in Glasgow; Second time at Hampden Park.

I loved them before i saw them the first time and seeing them just made me like them even more. I was 7 rows away from the front. The atmosphere in the hall was amazing. Their perfomance was sensational. It still gives me goosebumps thinking about it!

I wasn't sure how they'd go down at Hampden Park. To be totally honest i didn't think they were big enough to play a stadium gig. It was my girlfriend that bought me the tickets as i was unsure of it being worth the money. It turned out to be the best birthday present ever! I was even more impressed with them the second time than i was the first. I really hope they release a DVD of one of their stadium shows!

I can't wait till their next tour, i'll definitely be there.

Coldplay are one band i would not get bored of seeing / hearing.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #27: Feb 25, 2010 01:32:40 pm
      Saw them twice on their Viva la Vida tour. First time at SECC in Glasgow; Second time at Hampden Park.

I loved them before I saw them the first time and seeing them just made me like them even more. I was 7 rows away from the front. The atmosphere in the hall was amazing. Their perfomance was sensational. It still gives me goosebumps thinking about it!

I wasn't sure how they'd go down at Hampden Park. To be totally honest I didn't think they were big enough to play a stadium gig. It was my girlfriend that bought me the tickets as I was unsure of it being worth the money. It turned out to be the best birthday present ever! I was even more impressed with them the second time than I was the first. I really hope they release a DVD of one of their stadium shows!

I can't wait till their next tour, I'll definitely be there.

Coldplay are one band I would not get bored of seeing / hearing.

Might have gone to the same gig at the SECC as you did! I recall they did two dates one on a Saturday and the one on Tuesday the 9th. Sensational. First ever band I saw live - and they don't come much bigger than Coldplay! Cost probably around £200 to travel down and see them!
      AdamT1985
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #28: Feb 25, 2010 01:34:51 pm

i was at that one!
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #29: Feb 25, 2010 01:36:06 pm
      AdamT1985
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 25, 2010 01:37:31 pm

Coolios.

Do you remember the support acts? Who/What the f**k were those Indians on stages?

They were garbage!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #31: Feb 25, 2010 01:40:39 pm
      I saw them at the Echo Arena and then i had to see them in LCCC in manchester. Never thought it would be possible to live up to the first gig, but goddamit they did :)
      Thought it was even better in a huge outdoor stadium.

I really hope they release a DVD of one of their stadium shows!

I can't wait till their next tour, i'll definitely be there.

Coldplay are one band i would not get bored of seeing / hearing.

I really hope they release a DVD of the tour, no reason why they shouldn't really.
      I can't wait for LP5 and the next tour either :D

Rumours are that it'll be released later this year, early 2011 at the latest :D (9-12 months i'd say)
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #32: Feb 25, 2010 01:47:19 pm
      Coolios.

Do you remember the support acts? Who/What the f**k were those Indians on stages?

They were garbage!

They were sh*t and the thing is they weren't even Indians. They were called or he was called Eugene Francis Jnr. A friend of the bands. The guy who did that electronic music with weird animations was Jon Hopkins who had a minor role in producing the 4th album with Brian Eno and Markus Dravs.

Chris Martin said they were hoping to release the 5th album by the end of the year.

Coldplay - Interview On Fantastico (Brazil 2010) part 1

Coldplay - Interview On Fantastico (Brazil 2010) part 2
      AdamT1985
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #33: Feb 25, 2010 01:49:31 pm
      The guy who did that electronic music with weird animations was Jon Hopkins

I remember him! Could never have told you his name though. Wasn't too impressed with his music but i was engrossed by his videos! They were quite freaky but i couldn't take my eyes off them!
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #34: Feb 25, 2010 01:52:48 pm
      I remember him! Could never have told you his name though. Wasn't too impressed with his music but I was engrossed by his videos! They were quite freaky but I couldn't take my eyes off them!

The intro to Life In Technicolor (album version, first 40 seconds) before the dulcimer kicks in is by Jon Hopkins .

Life in Technicolor - COLDPLAY
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #35: Mar 10, 2010 11:12:42 pm
      Coldplay perform their last Viva La Vida Tour Concert tommorow in Mexico after starting it way back in June 2008 and over 150 shows! That's quite a run!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #36: Mar 10, 2010 11:18:40 pm
      Yeah, I've been following the tour as much as i can.

Got to see them in Liverpool and Manchester on it, the best 2 gigs I've ever been to.

Amazing effort they've put in over that tour, they seem to pour their all into every single concert.

I really hope they release a live DVD of the Viva tour. I reckon they will too.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #37: Mar 12, 2010 01:08:28 pm
      Be really disappointed if they didn't release a live DVD. They were going to release a concert of their Twisted Logic Tour but weren't satisfied with it. However it found it's way onto music channels and the internet. Don't know why they didn't release a DVD of that performance because it was immense. It's on youtube

How we saw the world concert (1)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #38: Apr 01, 2010 12:21:57 pm
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #39: Apr 04, 2010 05:08:57 am
      Havee endured 3 of their concerts in recent years and have refused to accompany my wife to the last 2 here in LA and can concretely state that they are so dull in concert. In a small venue they are ok but are swamped in a stature of a larger venue.
      An ipod in the car/background sound kind of band
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #40: Apr 06, 2010 05:22:34 pm
      I've found they're good music to have in the background while revising. The songs, especially from the 'Viva La Vida' album, aren't going to distract you and they won't make you fall asleep either.

If i pass my exams it will be down to Coldplay. :laugh:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #41: Apr 07, 2010 12:31:53 am
      Havee endured 3 of their concerts in recent years and have refused to accompany my wife to the last 2 here in LA and can concretely state that they are so dull in concert. In a small venue they are ok but are swamped in a stature of a larger venue.
      An ipod in the car/background sound kind of band

It took you 3 concerts to work out whether they were good live or not?

IMO best band you can see live and they're latest album was made for stadium tours and huge arenas.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Apr 07, 2010 11:47:31 am

How many bands have you seen live Ally? Can't have been too many.  :-\

For i can assure you, if and when you musical tastes develop and if and when you have a broad frame of reference; you will look back on the day that you said that Coldplay are the "best band you can see live" and absolutely cringe with embarrassment.  >:D
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2010 11:56:34 am by bad boy bubby »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #43: Apr 07, 2010 11:57:17 am
      How many bands have you seen live Ally? Can't have been too many.  :-\

Oasis (twice)
      Radiohead
      Arctic Monkeys (twice)
      The Killers (twice)
      Razorlight
      Kanye West (twice)
      The Lightning Seeds
      Kasabian

and Coldplay (twice)

But thanks for telling me what my own opinion of live bands is :)
      I'd forgotten to think for myself

:f_tongueincheek:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #44: Apr 07, 2010 12:10:43 pm
      But thanks for telling me what my own opinion of live bands is :)

You seemed to have confused yourself kid - it was you telling us that Coldplay are the best band that we can see live.

The fact is that, out of the nine acts that you have seen, you believe Coldplay to be the best. That doesn't make them the best live band that we have or will see live, irrespective of your opinion. Which will change by the way.

For what it's worth; out of the few you've seen - Kasabian are by far the best live act.  ;D

Anyhow, keep on gigging Ally - and enjoy yourself.  :action-smiley-035:

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #45: Apr 07, 2010 12:12:42 pm
      Oh right mate.

I was just trying to say that they're the best that I've seen in my opinion.

Another person will go to all of those gigs and say oasis or radiohead are the best.

Just a bit of confusion there i think.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Coldplay Sign Massive Publishing Deal
      Reply #46: Aug 19, 2010 02:39:12 am
      Coldplay have signed a multi-million pound publishing deal with Universal Music.

The group, who signed their first record contract with BMG Music in 1999, have agreed a fresh deal with Universal ahead of their new album release.

Universal president Paul Connolly said: "They've sold more than 50 million albums worldwide and their huge success is entirely deserved. We're obviously very proud."

Coldplay recently claimed that their as-yet-untitled fifth LP has "killer tunes" on it.

The album is expected to be released later this year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a263434/coldplay-sign-massive-publishing-deal.html
      « Last Edit: Aug 19, 2010 05:56:54 am by CRK, Reason: Took out the S*n reference. Please read the articles before posting them. »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: Nov 09, 2010 02:36:00 pm
      Big news for Coldplay fans in LIVERPOOL and Newcastle.

From Coldplay.com

news

Coldplay to play "Hidden Gigs" for Crisis in Liverpool and Newcastle
      November 9, 2010 11:20 am
      Band announce two charity Christmas shows

"Good morning. We're pleased to report that Coldplay will play two intimate Christmas gigs to draw attention to the problem of hidden homelessness and to raise vital funds for Crisis, the UK charity for single homeless people.

The "Hidden Gigs" will take place in Liverpool on 19th December and Newcastle on 20th December.

The venues will remain hidden until 24 hours before Coldplay step on stage. This gives gig-goers a small taste of the uncertainty faced by the thousands of homeless people who do not know where they will spend the night. Both venues have been hand-picked by the band for their intimate nature, and each has a capacity of around 1,000 people.

General tickets go on sale at 2pm this Friday (12th November) from www.seetickets.com/hidden costing £50.

There will be an allocation of general sale tickets available for Coldplay.com users to buy, using the code CP4CRISIS at the point of purchase. This allocation is available to all of Coldplay's online fans, wherever in the world they live (we obviously expect these tickets to sell pretty quickly).

The rest of the general sale tickets will be sold to people living in and around Liverpool and Newcastle. Only those with a credit/debit card registered to billing addresses with the following postcodes will be able to buy these tickets:

Liverpool: L1 – L40, CH25 – CH32, CH41 – CH49, CH60 – CH63
      Newcastle: NE1 – NE49, NE61 – NE71, SR1 – SR9, DH1 – DH9
      Click here for a full breakdown of the eligible postcodes.

As well as the general sale tickets, there will be an auction of 200 general admission tickets available to anyone around the world. Plus, 30 meet & greet tickets will be auctioned for each gig, which will include early entry, champagne reception, best seats in the house, meet & greet with Coldplay, photo opportunity & access to VIP bar. The auctions will run for one week from 12 November at 2pm, again via www.seetickets.com/hidden.

All proceeds from all tickets will go to support Crisis’ vital work for single homeless people. For more information on that, please head to their website.

Good friends of the band Ant & Dec will be travelling home to Newcastle for Christmas and have offered their compÚring services for the Newcastle night. Supporting Coldplay on both dates will be the Choir with No Name, an acclaimed vocal choir made up of homeless people and others on the fringes of society, including clients of Crisis."

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=661

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #48: Nov 18, 2010 01:52:35 pm
      I tried to get tickets and it was litereally impossible.

I've got a liverpool postcode for the "local tickets sale" and obviously had the password from coldplay.com for the "coldplay.com readers tickets sale".

Had both windows open on my browser, refreshing them again and again without getting through the page of purchase once.

Atleast it was only because it's only a 1000 ticket event for probably the  most sought after live band in the world right now.
      When they tour the new album it should be fine getting tickets.

Anyone manage to get one out of interest?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #49: Nov 18, 2010 10:43:55 pm
      I tried to get tickets and it was litereally impossible.

I've got a liverpool postcode for the "local tickets sale" and obviously had the password from coldplay.com for the "coldplay.com readers tickets sale".

Had both windows open on my browser, refreshing them again and again without getting through the page of purchase once.

Atleast it was only because it's only a 1000 ticket event for probably the  most sought after live band in the world right now.
      When they tour the new album it should be fine getting tickets.

Anyone manage to get one out of interest?

I heard that. Impossible to get the tickets. Still there's always next year when hopefully they will be touring again. Delightful band to see live. Have to keep an eye on youtube to see if they'll play any new songs. Eno's producing it again so it should be interesting.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #50: Nov 24, 2010 11:55:15 pm
      Coldplay to release a Christmas single from next Wednesday entitled 'Christmas Lights'. Chris Martin played a short 20 second demo on CBS's 60 Minutes show in America last year. Should be good.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=668
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #51: Dec 01, 2010 08:54:55 pm
      Coldplay to release a Christmas single from next Wednesday entitled 'Christmas Lights'. Chris Martin played a short 20 second demo on CBS's 60 Minutes show in America last year. Should be good.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=668

It's out now, just downloaded from iTunes.

Love it as a xmas single. Can listen to it on youtube.  www.coldplay.com   video is embedded on their homepage.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #52: Dec 01, 2010 08:56:06 pm
      Coldplay's Christmas single was released at 8pm tonight! I love it!

Coldplay - Christmas Lights
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #53: Dec 14, 2010 10:23:11 pm
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #54: Dec 20, 2010 01:03:46 pm
      Gig was in Liverpool last night, only just saw aswell now, but more tickets went on sale yesterday :( !!!!

Gutted I never got to go, can't wait to see them on their next tour.

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=686

Reading the top post on the live blog says Gerrard was in the audience.. jammy get! Has good taste in music does our captain though :D !
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #55: Dec 20, 2010 05:33:20 pm
      If I'm ever suicidal and in need of that final push, a coldplay concert will be my first (and last!) port of call.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #56: Dec 20, 2010 06:47:51 pm
      Arghh! Steven Gerrard was in the audience! Lucky git indeed - but Coldplay + Steven Gerrard = MASSIVE LOVE HEART
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #57: Dec 20, 2010 09:03:09 pm
      If I'm ever suicidal and in need of that final push, a coldplay concert will be my first (and last!) port of call.

Watch viva la vida live mate and see if you still think that
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #58: Dec 20, 2010 11:47:00 pm
      Watch viva la vida live mate and see if you still think that

Some people just don't appreciate good music! And I will tell you one thing - Coldplay are the only band making good music these days which can get into the charts. That's how good they are.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #59: Dec 22, 2010 11:00:29 pm

I laugh a lot when people say that.

So untrue.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #60: Dec 23, 2010 03:52:31 pm
      I laugh a lot when people say that.

So untrue.

Don't be ridiculous - it's subjective.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 07:16:06 pm by carheex »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #61: Feb 16, 2011 02:01:02 am
      Coldplay to do Glastonbury! Hope it's as stunning as their 2002 and 2005 performances!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #62: Jun 03, 2011 12:55:16 pm
      Bump.

New single out now called 'Every teardrop is a waterfall'

Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Official)

Available to download now everywhere but in the UK, where we can download it at midnight tomorrow.

Think it's a great song, and looking forward to hearing more of their new material in the coming weeks/months. New album will be out this autumn, rumoured to be released on the 10th of October.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #63: Jun 03, 2011 02:48:19 pm
      I love the guitar work on the song and the thudding beat. The song really does improve as it  goes along! Could be a great summer anthem.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #64: Jun 07, 2011 11:04:59 pm
      I respect them for actually being a band and playing instruments (as oppose to 'bands' like the saturdays), but the music is like Cinzano to me.  Too sugary.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #65: Sep 23, 2011 04:57:17 pm
      Heard that all the tickets for their UK arena shows sold out within a couple of minutes of going on sale. Would have been cleverer if they had moved their northern England gig to the Echo Arena rather than the MEN arena seeing as they're doing that Children In Need gig in Manchester a month before. Hoping they come back and add more dates, hopefully in the summer where they can do stadium gigs. Would absolutely love to see them as they are at the moment as their Glastonbury gig was amazing.

Here's some new tracks from their new album some of which have been performed live.

Coldplay - " MX + Hurts Like Heaven " ( Mylo Xyloto ) HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Germany

Coldplay - " Charlie Brown " ( Mylo Xyloto ) HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Germany

Coldplay - Major Minus (Official)

Coldplay - " Us Against the World " ( Mylo Xyloto ) HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Germany

Coldplay - Paradise live at Austin City Limits Music Festival, September 16th, 2011
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #66: Sep 23, 2011 05:05:31 pm
      Strangely enough I've been listening to Parachutes quite a lot recently - are their other albums as good?

If they are I might just get them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #67: Sep 23, 2011 06:13:08 pm
      Strangely enough I've been listening to Parachutes quite a lot recently - are their other albums as good?

If they are I might just get them.

For me they've made two better albums than Parachutes. A Rush Of Blood To The Head after Parachutes is phenomenal and arguably their best album. As well as the big hits on that album like Clocks, In My Place, The Scientist you get some real unbelievable tunes like Politik, Green Eyes, A Rush Of Blood To The Head and Amsterdam.  And then there's their 4th album Viva La Vida which was my favourite record of 2008. Check out tracks like Cemeteries of London, 42, Death and All His Friends and Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love. They're brilliant.

You could try checking their 3rd album X&Y but that's very hit and miss with a lot of people. Some people think it's brilliant and others think it's rubbish. I really like it though.

I'll post some of less obvious songs (not the overplayed ones on radio) for you. These are some of my favourites.

Coldplay - Square one (HQ)

Coldplay - Death and All His Friends

But if you're more into their Parachutes more acoustic like stuff then I'm sure you'd like these three songs.

Coldplay-Green Eyes

Coldplay - 'Til kingdom come (HQ)

Coldplay - See You Soon

Hope you like them!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #68: Sep 23, 2011 06:46:03 pm
      OK mate you've convinced me!

I'm off to isohunt Amazon to see about getting them :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #69: Sep 23, 2011 06:53:47 pm
      Till Kingdom Come is one of my favourite Coldplay songs and I agree with Frankly about Viva La Vida. It's a really good album and the best they have done.

On X and Y it really it hit and miss but still some very good songs on it and I particularly like Swallowed In The Sea and A Message.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #70: Sep 23, 2011 07:55:22 pm
      Till Kingdom Come is one of my favourite Coldplay songs and I agree with Frankly about Viva La Vida. It's a really good album and the best they have done.

On X and Y it really it hit and miss but still some very good songs on it and I particularly like Swallowed In The Sea and A Message.

I'm a big fan of White Shadows from that album. But like yourself I really like A Message as well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #71: Oct 17, 2011 03:27:33 am
      This is so unColdplay that I don't know what to make of it.

Coldplay - " Princess of China " feat. Rihanna ( Full Studio version ) Mylo Xyloto
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #72: Oct 17, 2011 09:43:33 am

Not sure what to make of that Frankly.

Strange
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #73: Oct 17, 2011 10:55:26 am
      "Mylo Xyloto will be a concept album. According to Chris Martin, the album is "based on a love story with a happy ending.", in which two protagonists: Mylo and Xyloto, who are living in an oppressive, dystopian urban environment, meet one another through a gang called "The Lost Boys", and fall in love."

Sounds like some high-level, pretentious, sh*te right there.

Tho' I'll admit to having a good laugh at the line Martin and Rihanna sing together - “You stole my star.” Brilliant.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #74: Oct 17, 2011 01:32:59 pm
      "Mylo Xyloto will be a concept album. According to Chris Martin, the album is "based on a love story with a happy ending.", in which two protagonists: Mylo and Xyloto, who are living in an oppressive, dystopian urban environment, meet one another through a gang called "The Lost Boys", and fall in love."

Sounds like some high-level, pretentious, sh*te right there.

Tho' I'll admit to having a good laugh at the line Martin and Rihanna sing together - “You stole my star.” Brilliant.

You'll maybe laugh at the meaning of the word Xyloto. Chris Martin said it was along the lines of imagining if you had feet like xylophones!! :D

Some of the stuff he says appears pretentious but I don't get the impression that he comes across as so. The worst thing said by a British popular musician this year goes to Serge from Kasabian. "We've made the first truly great British album of the past 15 years." Err no Serge. Just no!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #75: Oct 19, 2011 04:38:15 pm
      New album has leaked. It's out tomorrow in Japan I think, not out officially in the UK until the 24th ofcourse.
      I have downloaded it, but I will be buying a copy of it upon release anyway - I always buy physical copies of albums from my favourite bands.

First off, it's absolutely brilliant! I've been waiting for their fifth album now for about 2 and a half years and it's everything I expected it to be.

Even if you're not a big coldplay fan, you have to listen to: Paradise, Charlie Brown and Princess of China. 

Has some amazing reviews aswell so far. MTV saying it may be their best album, BBC gives it a 9/10 rating which is generous from them.
      Not sure what Q have rated it but having read their track by track run down, they rate every song hugely, so i'd expect something like 9/10 aswell from them.

Everyone elses thoughts?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #76: Oct 19, 2011 06:05:46 pm
      New album has leaked. It's out tomorrow in Japan I think, not out officially in the UK until the 24th ofcourse.
      I have downloaded it, but I will be buying a copy of it upon release anyway - I always buy physical copies of albums from my favourite bands.

First off, it's absolutely brilliant! I've been waiting for their fifth album now for about 2 and a half years and it's everything I expected it to be.

Even if you're not a big coldplay fan, you have to listen to: Paradise, Charlie Brown and Princess of China. 

Has some amazing reviews aswell so far. MTV saying it may be their best album, BBC gives it a 9/10 rating which is generous from them.
      Not sure what Q have rated it but having read their track by track run down, they rate every song hugely, so i'd expect something like 9/10 aswell from them.

Everyone elses thoughts?

Read some of the reviews as well. A lot of them are highly positive indeed. There is one bad review out there though from NME (typical eh!) who have only given it 5/10. .which must mean it's pretty good! I've have resisted the urge to hear the leak but I have heard Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown and they are really fantastic. Will be buying this on Monday especially after recent reviews.

Do you think it's their best album yet? Heard a couple say it's their best since 2002's A Rush Of Blood To The Head which is a pretty high watermark to beat!

p.s - here's a review from altsounds. They've given it 93% calling it one of the album's of the year.

http://hangout.altsounds.com/reviews/137077-coldplay-mylo-xyloto-album.html
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2011 06:22:46 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #77: Oct 19, 2011 08:12:24 pm
      Read some of the reviews as well. A lot of them are highly positive indeed. There is one bad review out there though from NME (typical eh!) who have only given it 5/10. .which must mean it's pretty good! I've have resisted the urge to hear the leak but I have heard Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown and they are really fantastic. Will be buying this on Monday especially after recent reviews.

Do you think it's their best album yet? Heard a couple say it's their best since 2002's A Rush Of Blood To The Head which is a pretty high watermark to beat!

p.s - here's a review from altsounds. They've given it 93% calling it one of the album's of the year.

http://hangout.altsounds.com/reviews/137077-coldplay-mylo-xyloto-album.html

I had a little look for a review on NME but couldn't find one. Not surprised really, they hate Coldplay and it's pathetic how they closed minded they are when reviewing albums. If they've made their mind up on a band, there's no way they'll ever positively review them.

Not sure how I'd rank it amongst all their albums, but I struggle putting the first 4 into order as it is! I do generally go for A rush of blood as number 1, but X&Y, Viva and Parachutes change order for me all the time. Will take quite a few listens before I can start to compare it with the other albums. Although I love all the other albums that much that I was expecting this to be their worst album because I thought they couldn't make another classic record - so the fact it's on the same level as them, shows how good it is.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #78: Oct 19, 2011 09:43:36 pm
      I had a little look for a review on NME but couldn't find one. Not surprised really, they hate Coldplay and it's pathetic how they closed minded they are when reviewing albums. If they've made their mind up on a band, there's no way they'll ever positively review them.

Not sure how I'd rank it amongst all their albums, but I struggle putting the first 4 into order as it is! I do generally go for A rush of blood as number 1, but X&Y, Viva and Parachutes change order for me all the time. Will take quite a few listens before I can start to compare it with the other albums. Although I love all the other albums that much that I was expecting this to be their worst album because I thought they couldn't make another classic record - so the fact it's on the same level as them, shows how good it is.

I'd certainly rate A Rush Of Blood To The Head top with Viva just behind it. Parachutes is a comfortable 3rd and X&Y their weakest effort for me. I'm predicting Mylo Xyloto to be somewhere in between the top 3.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #79: Oct 20, 2011 11:29:01 pm
      Watching Jonathan Ross at the moment and he said Coldplay are coming on in a minute  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #80: Oct 20, 2011 11:39:57 pm
      Sang Paradise, excellent, I love Chris Martin's voice.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #81: Oct 22, 2011 02:33:04 am
      Some reviews of Mylo Xyloto from the quality press:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/cdreviews/8838871/Coldplay-Mylo-Xyloto-CD-review.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/theticket/2011/1021/1224306152769.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/20/coldplay-mylo-xyloto-review

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/2a7618ba-f910-11e0-9d4e-00144feab49a.html#axzz1bT6mNXbI

Mylo Xyloto has also beat Adele's pre record sales for her album 21 to become the most pre ordered album of all time. Surprised. Didn't think the pre record craze would be as big as Viva La Vida. But then again MX hasn't had to follow a relatively poor album like Viva La Vida did with X&Y.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #82: Oct 24, 2011 08:31:25 pm
      Giving this new album of theirs a first listen. It bounces from the energetic to the mellow. It's kind of schizo...but it somehow works.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #83: Oct 25, 2011 11:11:35 pm
      Started listening to this on the way to work this morning. Well it may be an age thing, but so far it's 'ok'

May be it will grow on me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #84: Oct 26, 2011 12:16:45 am
      Started listening to this on the way to work this morning. Well it may be an age thing, but so far it's 'ok'

May be it will grow on me.

I came to the conclusion that it's a good record but nothing more. Worth the 8 pounds I spent on it but for me it just doesn't have the heart of their previous albums. People say X&Y was their worst but for me that was an album that had it's heart in the right place. Viva La Vida was outstanding but Mylo Xyloto isn't. It is far from terrible though. It's a good record.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #85: Dec 16, 2011 01:06:42 pm
      Alan McGee on Coldplay:
      “Coldplay are the dictionary definition of corporate rock. The singer is about as weird as Phil Collins. They are career rock personified. EMI should’ve signed Otis The Aadvark instead. At least he only sucks his thumb rather than corporate cock.”
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #86: Dec 16, 2011 01:09:38 pm
      No Rock Band should play on the X Factor...

EVER

OK?

OK.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #87: Dec 16, 2011 06:06:19 pm
      No Rock Band should play on the X Factor...

EVER

OK?

OK.

Agree mate.

I didn't realise they were on it until we flicked past.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #88: Dec 16, 2011 06:32:41 pm
      Alan McGee on Coldplay:
      “Coldplay are the dictionary definition of corporate rock. The singer is about as weird as Phil Collins. They are career rock personified. EMI should’ve signed Otis The Aadvark instead. At least he only sucks his thumb rather than corporate cock.”

Alan McGee's a deluded w*nk. Even Noel Gallagher said he got it horribly wrong on Coldplay. Also the guy can't stand U2. Amongst the other sh*t that comes out of his neddish mouth he said Glasvegas will be the biggest thing in British music since Oasis in the mid 90s. Still waiting Alan...still waiting. There's a lot of debate as to whether Coldplay should have gone on the X Factor. First of all they didn't need to do it. Secondly everyone saying 'ohhh the X Factor is destroying music'. Erm how? How can shows like the X Factor destroy music when all that comes off the production line is a one week wonder act? Some people ( a lot of them music snobs) just take life too seriously and are too ignorant to realise that it is just a tv entertainment show which millions of people enjoy. Coldplay on the X Factor said many things to many people, but to me it just highlighted the gulf in quality between an act who can write, perform their own music while playing their own instruments up against some glorified karaoke acts. At the end of the day there's no difference to Coldplay performing on X Factor than say the Graham Norton Show.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #89: Dec 19, 2011 09:39:54 am
      I don't give a sh*t what other people think about Coldplay to be honest. I think they've made some of the best music I've ever heard.

The same way I ignore some of the football experts all over the worlds who absolutely hate Liverpool FC and slag us off to the high heavens.

So. F***ing. What.

Quick Reply