Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Coldplay

Read 16598 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: Coldplay
      Reply #23: Feb 25, 2010 12:11:37 am
      Parachutes was a fantastic album. Especially at the time. I remember driving home from Sheffield after being at Gatecrasher the night before and it being on and I just about fell in love. Got it that Christmas and loved it.

No band can live up to a truly classic album like that. And they didn't.
      True what you say mate that was an iconic album it's when you compare Coldplay with the competition they stand out. I'm no diehard fan of theirs but they are very listenable.
        As soon I could I got Rush Of Blood and as I said earlier it saw the competition off with ease but just fell short of matching Parachutes wrenching originality,  then I kinda lost interest as you do but still like them.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2010 12:24:05 am by stuey »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #24: Feb 25, 2010 12:15:58 am
      How'd you get all the live gigs on CD Gow?
      And did you get to see them on any of the earlier tours? I'd have loved to

Used to trade and download shn torrents mate. Very large files - something like 60mb per song and you had about thirty files to download! I was way ahead of my time! ;)
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #25: Feb 25, 2010 12:25:35 am
      Parachutes is an awesome album. I think it's the perfect debut album.
      But I think A rush of blood to the head is their best. The scientist, clocks, in my place, god put a smile upon your face, politik, green eyes and in my opinion, their most underrated song; Amsterdam.

Coldplay - Amsterdam (Live 2003)

How I would've loved to see that tour.

Any big coldplay fans out there should consider buying their live 3002 cd dvd its ace :D

My favourite song of what is arguably their finest album to date! Amsterdam is beautiful. As an album closer it is stunning and the fact that it follows on from the song A Rush Of Blood To The Head which is just as amazing is fantastic. The album A Rush Of Blood To The Head is stunning.

Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head (Live 2003)
      AdamT1985
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #26: Feb 25, 2010 11:29:34 am
      Saw them twice on their Viva la Vida tour. First time at SECC in Glasgow; Second time at Hampden Park.

I loved them before i saw them the first time and seeing them just made me like them even more. I was 7 rows away from the front. The atmosphere in the hall was amazing. Their perfomance was sensational. It still gives me goosebumps thinking about it!

I wasn't sure how they'd go down at Hampden Park. To be totally honest i didn't think they were big enough to play a stadium gig. It was my girlfriend that bought me the tickets as i was unsure of it being worth the money. It turned out to be the best birthday present ever! I was even more impressed with them the second time than i was the first. I really hope they release a DVD of one of their stadium shows!

I can't wait till their next tour, i'll definitely be there.

Coldplay are one band i would not get bored of seeing / hearing.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #27: Feb 25, 2010 01:32:40 pm
      Saw them twice on their Viva la Vida tour. First time at SECC in Glasgow; Second time at Hampden Park.

I loved them before I saw them the first time and seeing them just made me like them even more. I was 7 rows away from the front. The atmosphere in the hall was amazing. Their perfomance was sensational. It still gives me goosebumps thinking about it!

I wasn't sure how they'd go down at Hampden Park. To be totally honest I didn't think they were big enough to play a stadium gig. It was my girlfriend that bought me the tickets as I was unsure of it being worth the money. It turned out to be the best birthday present ever! I was even more impressed with them the second time than I was the first. I really hope they release a DVD of one of their stadium shows!

I can't wait till their next tour, I'll definitely be there.

Coldplay are one band I would not get bored of seeing / hearing.

Might have gone to the same gig at the SECC as you did! I recall they did two dates one on a Saturday and the one on Tuesday the 9th. Sensational. First ever band I saw live - and they don't come much bigger than Coldplay! Cost probably around £200 to travel down and see them!
      AdamT1985
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #28: Feb 25, 2010 01:34:51 pm

i was at that one!
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #29: Feb 25, 2010 01:36:06 pm
      AdamT1985
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #30: Feb 25, 2010 01:37:31 pm

Coolios.

Do you remember the support acts? Who/What the f**k were those Indians on stages?

They were garbage!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #31: Feb 25, 2010 01:40:39 pm
      I saw them at the Echo Arena and then i had to see them in LCCC in manchester. Never thought it would be possible to live up to the first gig, but goddamit they did :)
      Thought it was even better in a huge outdoor stadium.

I really hope they release a DVD of one of their stadium shows!

I can't wait till their next tour, i'll definitely be there.

Coldplay are one band i would not get bored of seeing / hearing.

I really hope they release a DVD of the tour, no reason why they shouldn't really.
      I can't wait for LP5 and the next tour either :D

Rumours are that it'll be released later this year, early 2011 at the latest :D (9-12 months i'd say)
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #32: Feb 25, 2010 01:47:19 pm
      Coolios.

Do you remember the support acts? Who/What the f**k were those Indians on stages?

They were garbage!

They were sh*t and the thing is they weren't even Indians. They were called or he was called Eugene Francis Jnr. A friend of the bands. The guy who did that electronic music with weird animations was Jon Hopkins who had a minor role in producing the 4th album with Brian Eno and Markus Dravs.

Chris Martin said they were hoping to release the 5th album by the end of the year.

Coldplay - Interview On Fantastico (Brazil 2010) part 1

Coldplay - Interview On Fantastico (Brazil 2010) part 2
      AdamT1985
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #33: Feb 25, 2010 01:49:31 pm
      The guy who did that electronic music with weird animations was Jon Hopkins

I remember him! Could never have told you his name though. Wasn't too impressed with his music but i was engrossed by his videos! They were quite freaky but i couldn't take my eyes off them!
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #34: Feb 25, 2010 01:52:48 pm
      I remember him! Could never have told you his name though. Wasn't too impressed with his music but I was engrossed by his videos! They were quite freaky but I couldn't take my eyes off them!

The intro to Life In Technicolor (album version, first 40 seconds) before the dulcimer kicks in is by Jon Hopkins .

Life in Technicolor - COLDPLAY
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #35: Mar 10, 2010 11:12:42 pm
      Coldplay perform their last Viva La Vida Tour Concert tommorow in Mexico after starting it way back in June 2008 and over 150 shows! That's quite a run!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #36: Mar 10, 2010 11:18:40 pm
      Yeah, I've been following the tour as much as i can.

Got to see them in Liverpool and Manchester on it, the best 2 gigs I've ever been to.

Amazing effort they've put in over that tour, they seem to pour their all into every single concert.

I really hope they release a live DVD of the Viva tour. I reckon they will too.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #37: Mar 12, 2010 01:08:28 pm
      Be really disappointed if they didn't release a live DVD. They were going to release a concert of their Twisted Logic Tour but weren't satisfied with it. However it found it's way onto music channels and the internet. Don't know why they didn't release a DVD of that performance because it was immense. It's on youtube

How we saw the world concert (1)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #38: Apr 01, 2010 12:21:57 pm
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #39: Apr 04, 2010 05:08:57 am
      Havee endured 3 of their concerts in recent years and have refused to accompany my wife to the last 2 here in LA and can concretely state that they are so dull in concert. In a small venue they are ok but are swamped in a stature of a larger venue.
      An ipod in the car/background sound kind of band
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #40: Apr 06, 2010 05:22:34 pm
      I've found they're good music to have in the background while revising. The songs, especially from the 'Viva La Vida' album, aren't going to distract you and they won't make you fall asleep either.

If i pass my exams it will be down to Coldplay. :laugh:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #41: Apr 07, 2010 12:31:53 am
      Havee endured 3 of their concerts in recent years and have refused to accompany my wife to the last 2 here in LA and can concretely state that they are so dull in concert. In a small venue they are ok but are swamped in a stature of a larger venue.
      An ipod in the car/background sound kind of band

It took you 3 concerts to work out whether they were good live or not?

IMO best band you can see live and they're latest album was made for stadium tours and huge arenas.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Apr 07, 2010 11:47:31 am

How many bands have you seen live Ally? Can't have been too many.  :-\

For i can assure you, if and when you musical tastes develop and if and when you have a broad frame of reference; you will look back on the day that you said that Coldplay are the "best band you can see live" and absolutely cringe with embarrassment.  >:D
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2010 11:56:34 am by bad boy bubby »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #43: Apr 07, 2010 11:57:17 am
      How many bands have you seen live Ally? Can't have been too many.  :-\

Oasis (twice)
      Radiohead
      Arctic Monkeys (twice)
      The Killers (twice)
      Razorlight
      Kanye West (twice)
      The Lightning Seeds
      Kasabian

and Coldplay (twice)

But thanks for telling me what my own opinion of live bands is :)
      I'd forgotten to think for myself

:f_tongueincheek:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #44: Apr 07, 2010 12:10:43 pm
      But thanks for telling me what my own opinion of live bands is :)

You seemed to have confused yourself kid - it was you telling us that Coldplay are the best band that we can see live.

The fact is that, out of the nine acts that you have seen, you believe Coldplay to be the best. That doesn't make them the best live band that we have or will see live, irrespective of your opinion. Which will change by the way.

For what it's worth; out of the few you've seen - Kasabian are by far the best live act.  ;D

Anyhow, keep on gigging Ally - and enjoy yourself.  :action-smiley-035:

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #45: Apr 07, 2010 12:12:42 pm
      Oh right mate.

I was just trying to say that they're the best that I've seen in my opinion.

Another person will go to all of those gigs and say oasis or radiohead are the best.

Just a bit of confusion there i think.

Quick Reply