Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bayern [Champions League] Tue 19th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W4 D7 L4

Horse Racing

Read 37951 times
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Re: Horse Racing
      Reply #300: May 13, 2013 11:48:36 am
      Watch out for Lord Clyde, trained by Richard Fahey, 2yr old, flying machine  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,042 posts | 2663 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #301: May 14, 2013 06:55:59 am
      Let us know when it's running ATB1.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #302: May 14, 2013 05:27:19 pm
      Let us know when it's running ATB1.
      Will do my best ya lazy git  :D
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #303: May 15, 2013 01:53:27 pm
      Dovils duel, Bath 6.10pm, came 5th in Brockelsby, obviously not saying it will win but deffo worth a look, although skinny price at 3/1   ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,042 posts | 2663 
      Reply #304: May 16, 2013 08:13:26 am

:D

Thanks bud, you are over that side of the world anyway.  ;)
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #305: Nov 13, 2013 10:07:37 am
      Touche De Rouge 7pm Kempton..25/1 this morning could be a nice each way punt  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #306: Dec 13, 2013 01:35:54 pm
      Touche De Rouge 7pm Kempton..25/1 this morning could be a nice each way punt  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Touche De Rouge running again today 4.25 Wolverhampton, could be the best e/w punt of the season.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #307: Dec 26, 2013 12:12:37 pm
      Having a Xmas punt today, memory cloth and Shui Royale, mind you I am sh*t at this time of year  ???
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #308: Dec 26, 2013 12:49:30 pm
      Having a few quid on Al Ferof for the King George. Was a horse I tipped up for it last year with Cue Card. Had Cue Card last time just think this horse might be even more special over fences.

Really respect Cue Card and it's won me plenty of money and could quite easily win but last time here in soft conditions it really didn't jump well and it's where the "does it stay" worries came from. Last time it showed it can stay but I think the fences may catch him out more than the distance.

Surprised they're 4/1 all 4 though.

Some cracking racing in Ireland too if you don't mind backing short priced favourites, many should go in.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #309: Dec 26, 2013 02:14:13 pm
      Having a few quid on Al Ferof for the King George. Was a horse I tipped up for it last year with Cue Card. Had Cue Card last time just think this horse might be even more special over fences.

Really respect Cue Card and it's won me plenty of money and could quite easily win but last time here in soft conditions it really didn't jump well and it's where the "does it stay" worries came from. Last time it showed it can stay but I think the fences may catch him out more than the distance.

Surprised they're 4/1 all 4 though.

Some cracking racing in Ireland too if you don't mind backing short priced favourites, many should go in.
      If my neck was on the line I would plump for Dynaste but not a betting race for me but good luck matey!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #310: Jan 22, 2014 07:07:39 pm
      I've been betting for 20 years and this is probably the biggest gamble I've ever seen:

4 horses all associated with Barney Curley who is a famous gambler got hammered in from prices of 25/1 20/1 10/1 and 7/1

They have all won at prices of 4/7 9/4 8/11 and 4/6. Now not many people would have been able to get the bigger prices, I was on at 5/4 13/8 1/1 and 11/8 (the 13/8 was the 9/4 who drifted on course).

I won nearly £1000 for a stake of £80 (I did trebles to cover myself slightly), was tempted to put more to be honest and of course you regret it later. By all accounts Curley, or whoever organised this has won £2m with the organisers taking 75% of the share and follow up punters taking 25%. Incredible, the horses involved were:

Eye of the Tiger 1:30 Lingfield
      Seven Summits 1:40 Catterick
      Indus Valley 4:25 Kempton
      Low Key 6:25 Kempton

There's one further gamble going on in the last race at Kempton that is apparently not related to thse but has been backed in from 10/1 this morning into 7/4 now called Callisto Light. Hopefully some of you guys would have been on too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #311: Jan 22, 2014 08:33:21 pm
      Callisto Light won too, about £1400 up for the day on horses I wouldn't have really touched. I could have won an awful lot more but certainly not complaining.

It went out to 4/1 in places before the race, hope some of you lads got on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #312: Jan 22, 2014 08:36:07 pm
      Callisto Light won too, about £1400 up for the day on horses I wouldn't have really touched. I could have won an awful lot more but certainly not complaining.

It went out to 4/1 in places before the race, hope some of you lads got on.

Well done mate.  You done the lottery this week?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #313: Jan 22, 2014 08:39:38 pm
      Well done mate.  You done the lottery this week?

Haha I haven't Debs, I don't actually do it to be honest.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,934 posts | 2203 
      Reply #314: Jan 22, 2014 08:45:11 pm
      Haha I haven't Debs, I don't actually do it to be honest.

Maybe this week you should  ;)
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,648 posts | 229 
      • Irish Blood, Scouse Heart.
      Reply #315: Apr 06, 2014 07:13:00 pm
      I have been way out of touch with National Hunt racing since I returned from Australia. So can't reflect too much on the Aintree festival.

On the flat though two horses to look out for in the classics this season are going to be Kingston Hill, trained by Roger Varian, and Australia, trained by Aidan O'Brien. Two fantastic colts, that on their day I can't see being beaten.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #316: Apr 10, 2014 06:52:33 pm
      For those hard nosed punters who are determined to make a profit: The flat season starts today and kicks off with the Brockelsby stakes at Doncaster. Stables enter their fastest 2 yr olds for this sprint, and while it is not a betting proposition in itself, money can be made by making a list of the runners after the race and watch closely on their next couple of runs (forget the winner as price will be too short) at NORTHERN tracks. If strong in the betting get on, but keep following if loses and wait for the right opportunity (usually tipsters can give a fair assessment of its chances on the day. I make profit every year with this system but it does take a little time and effort. Happy punting!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Been travelling, but the above race has been run this year and the 2nd and 3rd in the race have already gone in and one down the field came 2nd at 10/1. The winner this year was cock of the north so if you want a list of all the runners to follow just check this horses form out and make a note of them. Go win some money.

The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,648 posts | 229 
      Reply #317: Apr 12, 2014 05:48:36 pm
      Some quality young horses on display today. Kingman winning the big one at Newbury, beating a quality field by a very impressive 4 and a half lengths. Obviously one to keep an eye on for the Guineas later this year. But from that race I cannot believe that Master Carpenter, who finished 3rd, was 80/1!?!?! Ridiculous price for a horse that one Ascot performance aside, has always impressed. You won't get 80/1 again, but in terms of value, he's well worth following.

In the Group 3 Ballysax Stakes, at Navan this year. A very interesting winner in Fascinating Rock. What's interesting about that is his sire, Australian Champion Sire Fastnet Rock. This is his first crop of 3 year olds over here, and Aidan O'Brien has the majority of them. There has been a lot of intrigue over how the Fastnet Rock's would do here and O'Brien has definitely sheltered them. I've heard some reports that they are very impressive at Ballydoyle, but are being managed very carefully. Step forward Dermot Weld, unleashing Fascinating Rock to win his 2nd race in 3 starts. If anyone uses a horse tracker with Racing Post or ATR etc. I would recommend looking into getting updates on Fastnet runners, this win for Weld could force O'Briens hand to unleash his Arsenal of high quality Fastnets.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #318: Apr 12, 2014 06:13:02 pm
      Some quality young horses on display today. Kingman winning the big one at Newbury, beating a quality field by a very impressive 4 and a half lengths. Obviously one to keep an eye on for the Guineas later this year. But from that race I cannot believe that Master Carpenter, who finished 3rd, was 80/1!?!?! Ridiculous price for a horse that one Ascot performance aside, has always impressed. You won't get 80/1 again, but in terms of value, he's well worth following.

In the Group 3 Ballysax Stakes, at Navan this year. A very interesting winner in Fascinating Rock. What's interesting about that is his sire, Australian Champion Sire Fastnet Rock. This is his first crop of 3 year olds over here, and Aidan O'Brien has the majority of them. There has been a lot of intrigue over how the Fastnet Rock's would do here and O'Brien has definitely sheltered them. I've heard some reports that they are very impressive at Ballydoyle, but are being managed very carefully. Step forward Dermot Weld, unleashing Fascinating Rock to win his 2nd race in 3 starts. If anyone uses a horse tracker with Racing Post or ATR etc. I would recommend looking into getting updates on Fastnet runners, this win for Weld could force O'Briens hand to unleash his Arsenal of high quality Fastnets.

Interesting that I read this and saw the last winner at Navan today was O'Brien's Palace who is by Fastnet, won by a good distance too so you're probably on to something there mate.

I was very impressed by Kingmann, backed it but lost on the day as had a few over the jumps who were disappointing. The big talking horse is Austrailia but I wont be backing anything but Kingmann in the Guinneas it had an air of Frankel about it.

Will keep an eye on those Fastnet ones though for sure.
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,648 posts | 229 
      Reply #319: Jun 19, 2014 03:28:07 pm
      Some cracking racing at Ascot so far this week. Kingman and The Fugue proving themselves true world class already.

The Gold Cup the feature race of today, I am a big fan of Leading Light, but the odds are far too short for my liking. O'Brien's horses are far from top form and there are some quality horses in the race. Estimate (9/1) is a the apparent threat, last years winner and the Queens horse, the fairytale story as such. But Brown Panther (11/2), owned by Michael Owen, has proven himself to be top class all over the world and I have no doubt he will have a say in the finish.

But for me I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people are forgetting Simenon (20/1)!? He was beaten only a neck by Estimate last year, and has since traveled to Australia for a very strong 5th place finish in the Melbourne Cup and 5th again in the Hong Kong Cup. He is by far the best value bet for me, I have a tenner each way on myself. Frankie on board today, let his rebirth continue today!
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,648 posts | 229 
      Reply #320: Jul 26, 2014 04:11:14 pm
      Wow! A very impressive win for Taghrooda to win the King George against the boys, the first filly to do so in over 30 years. And against some top quality opposition too! Turning out to be an amazing season for all involved connections, John Gosden has arguably the best filly (Taghrooda) and best colt (Kingman) this year. Paul Hanagan is proving once again what an exceptionally talented jockey he is, now that he's getting the quality of horse to show off those talents with. And Sheikh Hamdan has well and truly established himself as a high roller capable of more than just competing with Coolmore and Godolphin.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,042 posts | 2663 
      Reply #321: Oct 24, 2014 10:33:21 pm
      How's this for a finish in The Manikato Stakes last night run over 6 furlongs.

The "Best Sprinter in The World", Lankan Rupee  according to some experts, wins the $1 million dollar race.....

This is the next shot in the frame

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2014 10:46:26 pm by AussieRed »
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #322: Nov 27, 2014 04:06:41 pm
      Everything points to Smad Place in Saturdays Hennessy, I'm going in  ;)
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #323: Nov 28, 2014 01:28:34 pm
      Everything points to Smad Place in Saturdays Hennessy, I'm going in  ;)

Many clouds big danger so got to back that one also, sh*t  :lmao:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #324: Nov 28, 2014 01:43:17 pm
      Djakadam is by far the best handicapped horse in the race.

Fingal Bay is a horse I've always really liked and Hobbs' horses are in outstanding form.

Newbury is looking really tough work and that is one thing that could work in Smad Place's favour as it turns into a real slog but I'll stick to the two above for my small stakes interest in a very tough race.

Djakadam is entered into the Gold Cup from a stable with obvious knowledge so take that as an indicator of where they think his talent could take him (winning GC takes rating of 160+ and he's handicapped at 142 at the moment)
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #325: Nov 28, 2014 02:35:44 pm
      Djakadam is by far the best handicapped horse in the race.

Fingal Bay is a horse I've always really liked and Hobbs' horses are in outstanding form.

Newbury is looking really tough work and that is one thing that could work in Smad Place's favour as it turns into a real slog but I'll stick to the two above for my small stakes interest in a very tough race.

Djakadam is entered into the Gold Cup from a stable with obvious knowledge so take that as an indicator of where they think his talent could take him (winning GC takes rating of 160+ and he's handicapped at 142 at the moment)

Duly noted mate and Djakadam is a fly in the ointment but I just don't fancy him in this at all. My personal profile of a horse to win this is from 4: Smad Place, Many Clouds, Annacotta and what a warrior (gone for the win on first 2 and e/w on the latter 2).
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #326: Nov 29, 2014 03:59:30 pm

£1,240 profit yee ha! book that holiday and nice hotel  :D
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #327: Apr 11, 2015 12:22:05 am
      Won a fortune on last Cheltenham so, I go out with my tips. Hope its another great weekend.

Soll or Unioniste? 20/1 or 25/1?

Rocky Creek pushing for this race with no credible answer apart from Balthazar. But he is too old for this kind of energetic race.

Time for underdogs right?? And there is good few. From 16-1 upto 26-1. If you are looking for a winner its going to be around this mark.

I say: Soll or Unioniste. Get it each way
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,457 posts | 337 
      Reply #328: Apr 11, 2015 12:29:08 pm
      Backed a few horses for the national, Saint Are, Rocky Creek, Mon Parrain, Royale Knight...got a soft spot for THE RAINBOW HUNTER though....
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,862 posts | 1742 
      Reply #329: Apr 11, 2015 11:07:41 pm

Pity you didn't slap a few quid on that to win the National at the time, would of been quids in there lad.

Quick Reply