Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Horse Racing

Read 84146 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Horse Racing.
      Reply #115: Nov 15, 2011 06:55:31 am
      Snow Fairy won the QEII in Japan just recently. Probably the most impressive run of the year in horse racing.

Drawn 18 from 18, was 10th on the home bend but rounded them up in 200m and won by a half length. She's something special.

JJ the Jet Plane is back in work.

Rocketman won on the weekend.

Plenty of quality horses in action despite the racing carnivals being over in Europe and Australia.

Dunaden and Red Cadeaux look like they'll clash in Singapore in December, Americain likely to go over there too before coming back to Australia.

Group I action this weekend with the Railway Stakes in Perth. No local will win. I'm looking at Avienus or Playing God.

Ortensia going over there, too. Will win.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #116: Nov 15, 2011 07:37:42 am
      Snow Fairy won the QEII in Japan just recently. Probably the most impressive run of the year in horse racing.

Drawn 18 from 18, was 10th on the home bend but rounded them up in 200m and won by a half length. She's something special.

JJ the Jet Plane is back in work.

Rocketman won on the weekend.

Plenty of quality horses in action despite the racing carnivals being over in Europe and Australia.

Dunaden and Red Cadeaux look like they'll clash in Singapore in December, Americain likely to go over there too before coming back to Australia.

Group I action this weekend with the Railway Stakes in Perth. No local will win. I'm looking at Avienus or Playing God.

Ortensia going over there, too. Will win.

Yeah can't go past Craig Williams on Avenius or Ortensia. Da man is in fine form.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #117: Nov 15, 2011 09:28:03 am
      Williams is certainly flying. He's heading over to Asia in January and hopefully bag some winners there. Ortensia won't be touched.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #118: Nov 17, 2011 10:34:56 am
      Hi Al,been looking out for Mr Prodomrous runners.Today he runs Trip Switch in the 1st at Kempton.It is entered 4 times this week and he (GP) has put him in this class 7 (very unusual to see a "class 7")Its the weakest of the 4.That said on checking the horses form it appears that it has NEVER ran a good race at Kemp Pk (4 runs)Its been off the track for some 400+ days so I'll just be watching today.
      Further to that!On studying the race I stumbled on Daniel Thomas.This horse is running off his lowest rating (50) ever + Bob Butler gets a 3lb allowance.Generally on offer at 12/1 looks like a nice little each way bet.(here's hoping) 
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #119: Nov 17, 2011 11:05:14 pm
      Well done Al.FFS the exacter paid 166 / 1.I was working at Kempton and bloody missed the jockey change.It dotted up mate.As for Daniel Thomas,I did think 7f was a bit short,and the early pace was slow.Which did'nt help him.I backed him each way at 16/1 so i nicked a few quid.Just gutted after all me homework I chose the wrong one (but thats horses for ya.
      Have a look at Lidderdales runners tomorrow,looks like he could have a good day.Wolvs 5.45 & 6.15 + 4.35 Kemp.Be lucky (again ) mate.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #120: Nov 20, 2011 07:46:10 pm
      Yeah can't go past Craig Williams on Avenius or Ortensia. Da man is in fine form.

He rode Ortensia an absolute treat. For a horse who likes to get back and run on, he sat no more than 2 lengths off the leader the whole way and made sure there was enough in the tank to see it home in the end knowing he couldn't win if he got back and ran on.

Had my whole money for the day on Ortensia at $3 and it jumped paying $1.90.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #121: Nov 21, 2011 10:22:26 pm
      He rode Ortensia an absolute treat. For a horse who likes to get back and run on, he sat no more than 2 lengths off the leader the whole way and made sure there was enough in the tank to see it home in the end knowing he couldn't win if he got back and ran on.

Had my whole money for the day on Ortensia at $3 and it jumped paying $1.90.

Nice one mate.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #122: Nov 27, 2011 09:22:01 pm
      Hi Al.Just had a study up on them 2 above ^^.Nice Style!!I like him.He's defo worth looking out for (especially in a 3/4 graded h'cap over 10f.Atm he is on his winning mark (94).No immediate entries as yet.
      Marah Music.Lightly raced.Upped to 8f,but looks more like a sprinter.Is enterred at Wolvs on 1st Dec (back over 6f)Be lucky mate.   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #123: Dec 01, 2011 11:00:54 pm
      Decided to whack this tip in here as race start will be around lunch time for you UK people.

If your betting site allows you to, get on the number 1 at Moonee Valley race 7. It's called Brambles. It'll win and it'll pay evens.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #124: Dec 06, 2011 12:43:54 am
      No mate got done by a length and is being sent back to the paddock. Trainer said he is still learning and does a lot wrong so will be trained before resuming around March.

Will be a very good horse but i see where the trainer is coming from. Throws his head about and doesnt have good balance yet which is typical for a youngster but should of won the other day. Was perfectly ridden but was too immature to see it out.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #125: Dec 09, 2011 11:33:47 pm
      Hong Kong tomorrow night is a massive race meet.

Melbourne Cup winner Dunaden against Campanologist and Red Cadeaux.

Cirrus de Aigles the Arc De Triomphe winner against Hong Kong star Ambitious Dragon.

Rocket Man v Sacred Kingdom.

Kiwi and Aussie horse Jimmy Choux v Xtension over the mile.

Rocket Man and Dunaden my picks. Both flying.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #126: Dec 10, 2011 02:05:19 am
      Looking foward to it Crouchie mate.Hopefully get some pocket money today so we can load up on Dunaden.  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #127: Dec 10, 2011 09:34:40 am
      Even if he doesnt win, Dunaden at 5.50 is ridiculous value. With Craig Williams on board, too.

He and Tim Clarke there for the meet.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #128: Dec 11, 2011 06:27:23 am
      Dunaden!!! I love the horse. Craig Williams a genius.

If Rocketman wins I'll be a very VERY happy boy.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #129: Dec 11, 2011 07:44:21 pm
      Gutted buddy, was on the Rocketman as well for the Running double. No Cigar!

Craig is a genius.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #130: Dec 11, 2011 08:02:21 pm
      Ah well won enough on Dunaden. Craig Williams' ride was perfection.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      Reply #131: Dec 11, 2011 08:53:05 pm
      Just watched the race mate, beautiful run, got a lovely split. Thought he was a gonner at the 300m mark.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #132: Dec 11, 2011 09:32:12 pm
      Same here. Was going backwards for a bit but had enough in the tank to win. Good to see an Aussie do well overseas. Darren Beadman won in Singapore, too.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #133: Dec 20, 2011 09:33:28 pm
      King George coming up on Boxing day. Kauto Star, Master Minded and Long Run the three big boys. Heart and head here, heart says Long Run, head says Master Minded.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #134: Dec 23, 2011 05:04:20 pm
      Master Minded is 6/1. Very tempting each way bet...
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #135: Jan 09, 2012 12:58:12 am
      Well done al,thanx to you I too have won a few quid following G Prodomrou.He certainly knows how to place his runners to good effect. :gt-happyup:
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #136: Jan 11, 2012 01:11:28 pm
      Shock as 200-1 winner strikes at Taunton

THERE was a 200-1 shock at Taunton on Monday when Lights Of Broadway became the first horse to win a race in Britain at that price for two years.

The Jo Hughes-trained six-year-old led home 50-1 shot Wishes And Stars and Fortuna Rose, sent off at 33-1, who finished third in the mares' novices' hurdle.
      Lights Of Broadway, who won the 2m3f contest by three quarters of a length, is the biggest-priced winner since the Jennie Candlish-trained 200-1 shot Maoi Chinn Tire won a juvenile hurdle at Wetherby on October 29 2010.

Hughes said: "She has been working well and I always thought a lot of her. Better ground has helped her and the horses are all running well. I don't gamble anyway. I thought she would run well but not necessarily win."

Lucy Rhodes of William Hill told At The Races: "We  deserved that after Boxing Day when every single favourite went in."

The few psychic punters who came up with the forecast and could have been forgiven for expecting a dividend ain the vicinity of five figures might have been disappointed with the payouts - the computer straight forecast paid £3,484.82 and the Tote Exacta £1,749.20.

Equinoctial is the longest priced winner in British racing history, having won a novices' handicap hurdle at Kelso on November 21, 1990 at odds of 250-1.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/shock-as-200-1-winner-strikes-at-taunton/974084/top/

So anyone pick this one out? :P
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #137: Mar 03, 2012 09:36:44 am
      Wolverhampton 8.40 Caba, tonight. Could well win this. Not had a bet for a while and feel fairly confident.

Nice one atb1. Thanks.

Quick Reply