Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Horse Racing

Read 83764 times
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Horse Racing
      Reply #207: Jan 03, 2013 10:44:11 pm
      Frankie Dettori is on Celebrity Big Brother. Genuinely disappointed by that. He's out of racing at the moment for the wrong reasons, he shouldn't be parading around on telly pandering for the publics affection again.
      Could'nt agree more,however the public WILL see another side to Frankie.He's very moody when there are no cameras about.So for 3 weeks,cameras everywere he will crack.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #208: Jan 03, 2013 10:50:09 pm
      Kemptons King George on boxing day was watched by 14,000 people (at the track).Last years race was watched by 24,000.Why the big drop in attendance?
      No Kauto Star.Amazing. 
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #209: Jan 04, 2013 01:00:27 pm
      Could'nt agree more,however the public WILL see another side to Frankie.He's very moody when there are no cameras about.So for 3 weeks,cameras everywere he will crack.

I've heard that about him before alright. But then again he won't be watching his weight, wasting, up at all hours and working all day. He'll pretty much get to do what he wants so he might be a bit happier for that. Plus the fact he knows this is a make or break chance to fix his public image. He'll most likely play up to the cameras.

Kemptons King George on boxing day was watched by 14,000 people (at the track).Last years race was watched by 24,000.Why the big drop in attendance?
      No Kauto Star.Amazing. 

That is shocking!? I can understand the draw that Kauto had and going for his fifth King George definitely added to that, but I would never have suspected that much of a drop in the crowd. With all the racing that's been hit over the winter by weather that is the last thing the BHA want to be seeing. :-\
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #210: Mar 09, 2013 09:49:45 pm
      It's Cheltenham week so any tips would be welcome.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #211: Mar 13, 2013 11:51:11 pm
      How's the festival going for everyone?

I've been lucky enough this week and so far it's going good. Tofino Bay and Lord Windemere today were big helps. Unioniste was a big let down, he was never in the race. I was also disappointed with the way Chatterbox ran, I didn't expect him to win but I was hoping for a better run than that and to threaten a place.

Sprinter Sacre just proved he is the best Two miler of the last 20-or-so years. That was (another) phenomenal performance. 8 from 8 now in his chase career and I can't remember him being taken off the bridle over fences? The Frankel of jump racing, just sit back and enjoy him.

If it's worth anything I've been told Bog Warrior in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle tomorrow (3:20).
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #212: Mar 16, 2013 12:33:50 pm
      Had a very good week betting. Well up for the week anyway.

Still the whole thing is overshadowed by the injury to JT McNamara. I really hope the lad is ok and can make a full recovery.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #213: Mar 22, 2013 11:34:52 am
      For those hard nosed punters who are determined to make a profit: The flat season starts today and kicks off with the Brockelsby stakes at Doncaster. Stables enter their fastest 2 yr olds for this sprint, and while it is not a betting proposition in itself, money can be made by making a list of the runners after the race and watch closely on their next couple of runs (forget the winner as price will be too short) at NORTHERN tracks. If strong in the betting get on, but keep following if loses and wait for the right opportunity (usually tipsters can give a fair assessment of its chances on the day. I make profit every year with this system but it does take a little time and effort. Happy punting!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Nice one mate, keep us informed.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #214: Mar 22, 2013 04:51:58 pm
      Had a strong word on Glady's Gal in the Lincoln tomorrow. Saying that with the weather looking grim can see it getting cancelled.

The tips from a good source who's involved with both horse racing and football, but must admit I'm not into the horses any more so if I do have a bet it'll be nothing serious, but thought I'd share the info.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      Reply #215: Mar 23, 2013 05:20:14 am
      I will PM you Ian when they run as I know you won't check  :D

:lmao:

You know me well mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #216: Mar 30, 2013 01:01:29 pm
      Had a very good week betting. Well up for the week anyway.

Still the whole thing is overshadowed by the injury to JT McNamara. I really hope the lad is ok and can make a full recovery.

Did well in the end too mate but didn't start that great. Friday was my best day overall but could of won £1000's had Tennis Cap or Far West won. Had Jezki in the supreme, what a race that was, think all 3 of those are potentially very good indeed. Had simonsig in the arkle in quite a few bets but had Grandouet for the champion, think if it wouldn't of fallen it would of been there or thereabouts and typical that the fly won it as last year if it had won I would of won over £10k.

Had Quevega in the mares, incredible record and simply outclassed a bunch of poor horses for championship level really in the way it managed to win from a silly position after traffic problems.

On the Wednesday somehow got talked into Pont Alexander by all the hype after tipping The New One all over the place and missed out on a nice touch there, gutted from that one. Did Unioniste myself in the RSA, was a very disappointing run. Sprinter Sacre had in all my ante post bets etc and it won as I expected, if I'd known that Hills were offering 2/1 for over 10 lengths earlier I would of had a sizable bet on that.

Thursday the Pipe good think Dynaste let me down for a bucket load, as did Grand Crus last year, sick of Pipe horses I never do well with them. Had a large bet on Cue Card which got me started to a good finish, doubled it with Bobs Worth and was in quite a few accumulators. Did Oscar Whisky in the stayers even though I knew it wouldn't stay properly, still a very poor show from that, wouldn't of won again at 2m4f. Had the forecast in the fulk walwyn, 16/1 and 11/2 and had 4th for the tricast for 900/1.

Friday was my best day, even though the first race was probably my biggest disappointment looking back, had 2x2x2 and a 2x2x2x2x2 on Far West/Rolling Star with all other winners, was literally a flip of a coin between Rolling Star and Our Conor and managed to get the wrong one or would of been a good few grand up there. As mad as it may sound I don't think there's an awful lot between Far West and Our Conor as if you watch Far West in earlier races he needs to get worked up before he starts to respond and he didn't get after him early enough, having said that though Our Conor was mightily impressive but quotes for the champion in single figures is ridiculous.

Tennis Cap would of also won me 1000's but that boy Brian Cooper destroyed what could of been a very memorable Cheltenham for me, all 3 of his horses cost me a lot of money and he was basically my jinx of the entire week! Had a massive bet on At Fishers Cross and was in all my main bets for the week, was my nap for a long time and amazed it was about to go off as big as 4/1 before the none runner. Bobs Worth was also my tip for the gold cup in the end and even when it was getting niggled I expected it to win and in the end won cosily, quality horse in an old fashioned style. Did Cottage Oak in the Hunter Chase, but it didn't stay the trip and faded quite badly, Salisfy was very lucky to win and got a few of my friends a nice touch. Had Salubrious but with nothing else in the end as it was in the bet with Tennis Cap and the final race got a very nice few quid on Alderwood which was laid out for that race and got much better odds than it finished, also had the forecast with Kid Cassidy which I expected to jump better with Carberry on rather than McCoy.

So all in all a pretty good week that could have been fantastic, but when you're up you should never complain.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #217: Mar 30, 2013 01:56:16 pm
      Don't really follow the flat at all and no real fancies today, Aintree will probably be when I next get involved.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #218: Apr 03, 2013 09:53:49 pm
      Not Ruby's biggest fan by any means but he's taken some bangs through the years;

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #219: Apr 05, 2013 08:45:47 pm
      Gone each way on Sunnyhillboy and TwoforTea for the national tomorrow, tempted to go on a horse for an outright win aswell, but I'll decide that tomorrow I think, got a few in sweepstakes from work etc, so fingers crossed!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #220: Apr 05, 2013 08:51:37 pm
      World largest 2yo race is on in Sydney tomorrow, too.

Been pissing down rain so a lottery race has turned in to a 'close your eyes and point your finger' affair. Last year we had so many brilliant 2yo's running, inc. Pierro who won the Triple Crown as well as a 3rd in a Cox Plate. This year we have absolute sh*te.

For those who look at international markets and looking at Australia - race 1 at Rosehill, Sydney called Lights of Heaven. Loves the wet, loves the trip, class runner in the race. Looking at 2/1 now.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #221: Apr 05, 2013 10:39:25 pm
      Any good tips for tomorrow then Chaps?

Ive been told Imperial Commander is a good one to bet on?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #222: Apr 06, 2013 02:00:15 am
      For those who look at international markets and looking at Australia - race 1 at Rosehill, Sydney called Lights of Heaven. Loves the wet, loves the trip, class runner in the race. Looking at 2/1 now.

Jut paid for my Liverpool trip! Winner!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #223: Apr 06, 2013 09:24:40 am
      A strange race this year as I don't have strong fancy but my 4 against the field are On His Own, was going really well last year when it tipped up at Bechers 2nd time around, top jock on board and 10/1 seems very fair.

TeaForThree is a great jumper and smooth traveller, would be an ideal type for the race in my opinion, if you can get 16/1 would be a good each way bet, could try to make most or at least be close to the pace so should stay out of trouble.

Seabass, 12/1 at the moment, looks a really good bet each way. Didn't appear to quite stay the trip last year but it's 110 yards shorter this year, also Katie Walsh trying to be the first woman jockey to win the national so will get plenty of support just for that.

Colbert Station 12/1, had the ideal prep on the back of 2 very cosy victories, looks a national type and a big tip has to be Tony McCoy getting off last years 2nd to ride this.

Those will be my horses and wish anyone having a bet good luck and a safe trip around.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #224: Apr 06, 2013 09:27:47 am
      Any good tips for tomorrow then Chaps?

Ive been told Imperial Commander is a good one to bet on?

Gold Cup winner a few years ago, often runs a terrible race after a good one but is the 'class' horse in the race. The things to worry about with him are that he can put in the odd bad jump, could bounce (2nd race after a long lay off horses sometimes underperform for no apparent reason, he falls into this category).

At 16/1 though I certainly wouldn't put anyone off him. I will say if he manages to carry top weight to win the national after such a long lay off and only 1 prep run it will be an amazing training performance.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      Reply #225: May 14, 2013 06:55:59 am
      Let us know when it's running ATB1.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      Reply #226: May 16, 2013 08:13:26 am

:D

Thanks bud, you are over that side of the world anyway.  ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #227: Dec 26, 2013 12:49:30 pm
      Having a few quid on Al Ferof for the King George. Was a horse I tipped up for it last year with Cue Card. Had Cue Card last time just think this horse might be even more special over fences.

Really respect Cue Card and it's won me plenty of money and could quite easily win but last time here in soft conditions it really didn't jump well and it's where the "does it stay" worries came from. Last time it showed it can stay but I think the fences may catch him out more than the distance.

Surprised they're 4/1 all 4 though.

Some cracking racing in Ireland too if you don't mind backing short priced favourites, many should go in.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #228: Jan 22, 2014 07:07:39 pm
      I've been betting for 20 years and this is probably the biggest gamble I've ever seen:

4 horses all associated with Barney Curley who is a famous gambler got hammered in from prices of 25/1 20/1 10/1 and 7/1

They have all won at prices of 4/7 9/4 8/11 and 4/6. Now not many people would have been able to get the bigger prices, I was on at 5/4 13/8 1/1 and 11/8 (the 13/8 was the 9/4 who drifted on course).

I won nearly £1000 for a stake of £80 (I did trebles to cover myself slightly), was tempted to put more to be honest and of course you regret it later. By all accounts Curley, or whoever organised this has won £2m with the organisers taking 75% of the share and follow up punters taking 25%. Incredible, the horses involved were:

Eye of the Tiger 1:30 Lingfield
      Seven Summits 1:40 Catterick
      Indus Valley 4:25 Kempton
      Low Key 6:25 Kempton

There's one further gamble going on in the last race at Kempton that is apparently not related to thse but has been backed in from 10/1 this morning into 7/4 now called Callisto Light. Hopefully some of you guys would have been on too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #229: Jan 22, 2014 08:33:21 pm
      Callisto Light won too, about £1400 up for the day on horses I wouldn't have really touched. I could have won an awful lot more but certainly not complaining.

It went out to 4/1 in places before the race, hope some of you lads got on.

Quick Reply