Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Horse Racing

Read 83269 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Horse Racing
      Reply #230: Jan 22, 2014 08:36:07 pm
      Callisto Light won too, about £1400 up for the day on horses I wouldn't have really touched. I could have won an awful lot more but certainly not complaining.

It went out to 4/1 in places before the race, hope some of you lads got on.

Well done mate.  You done the lottery this week?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #231: Jan 22, 2014 08:39:38 pm
      Well done mate.  You done the lottery this week?

Haha I haven't Debs, I don't actually do it to be honest.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #232: Jan 22, 2014 08:45:11 pm
      Haha I haven't Debs, I don't actually do it to be honest.

Maybe this week you should  ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #233: Apr 06, 2014 07:13:00 pm
      I have been way out of touch with National Hunt racing since I returned from Australia. So can't reflect too much on the Aintree festival.

On the flat though two horses to look out for in the classics this season are going to be Kingston Hill, trained by Roger Varian, and Australia, trained by Aidan O'Brien. Two fantastic colts, that on their day I can't see being beaten.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #234: Apr 12, 2014 05:48:36 pm
      Some quality young horses on display today. Kingman winning the big one at Newbury, beating a quality field by a very impressive 4 and a half lengths. Obviously one to keep an eye on for the Guineas later this year. But from that race I cannot believe that Master Carpenter, who finished 3rd, was 80/1!?!?! Ridiculous price for a horse that one Ascot performance aside, has always impressed. You won't get 80/1 again, but in terms of value, he's well worth following.

In the Group 3 Ballysax Stakes, at Navan this year. A very interesting winner in Fascinating Rock. What's interesting about that is his sire, Australian Champion Sire Fastnet Rock. This is his first crop of 3 year olds over here, and Aidan O'Brien has the majority of them. There has been a lot of intrigue over how the Fastnet Rock's would do here and O'Brien has definitely sheltered them. I've heard some reports that they are very impressive at Ballydoyle, but are being managed very carefully. Step forward Dermot Weld, unleashing Fascinating Rock to win his 2nd race in 3 starts. If anyone uses a horse tracker with Racing Post or ATR etc. I would recommend looking into getting updates on Fastnet runners, this win for Weld could force O'Briens hand to unleash his Arsenal of high quality Fastnets.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #235: Apr 12, 2014 06:13:02 pm
      Some quality young horses on display today. Kingman winning the big one at Newbury, beating a quality field by a very impressive 4 and a half lengths. Obviously one to keep an eye on for the Guineas later this year. But from that race I cannot believe that Master Carpenter, who finished 3rd, was 80/1!?!?! Ridiculous price for a horse that one Ascot performance aside, has always impressed. You won't get 80/1 again, but in terms of value, he's well worth following.

In the Group 3 Ballysax Stakes, at Navan this year. A very interesting winner in Fascinating Rock. What's interesting about that is his sire, Australian Champion Sire Fastnet Rock. This is his first crop of 3 year olds over here, and Aidan O'Brien has the majority of them. There has been a lot of intrigue over how the Fastnet Rock's would do here and O'Brien has definitely sheltered them. I've heard some reports that they are very impressive at Ballydoyle, but are being managed very carefully. Step forward Dermot Weld, unleashing Fascinating Rock to win his 2nd race in 3 starts. If anyone uses a horse tracker with Racing Post or ATR etc. I would recommend looking into getting updates on Fastnet runners, this win for Weld could force O'Briens hand to unleash his Arsenal of high quality Fastnets.

Interesting that I read this and saw the last winner at Navan today was O'Brien's Palace who is by Fastnet, won by a good distance too so you're probably on to something there mate.

I was very impressed by Kingmann, backed it but lost on the day as had a few over the jumps who were disappointing. The big talking horse is Austrailia but I wont be backing anything but Kingmann in the Guinneas it had an air of Frankel about it.

Will keep an eye on those Fastnet ones though for sure.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #236: Jun 19, 2014 03:28:07 pm
      Some cracking racing at Ascot so far this week. Kingman and The Fugue proving themselves true world class already.

The Gold Cup the feature race of today, I am a big fan of Leading Light, but the odds are far too short for my liking. O'Brien's horses are far from top form and there are some quality horses in the race. Estimate (9/1) is a the apparent threat, last years winner and the Queens horse, the fairytale story as such. But Brown Panther (11/2), owned by Michael Owen, has proven himself to be top class all over the world and I have no doubt he will have a say in the finish.

But for me I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people are forgetting Simenon (20/1)!? He was beaten only a neck by Estimate last year, and has since traveled to Australia for a very strong 5th place finish in the Melbourne Cup and 5th again in the Hong Kong Cup. He is by far the best value bet for me, I have a tenner each way on myself. Frankie on board today, let his rebirth continue today!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #237: Jul 26, 2014 04:11:14 pm
      Wow! A very impressive win for Taghrooda to win the King George against the boys, the first filly to do so in over 30 years. And against some top quality opposition too! Turning out to be an amazing season for all involved connections, John Gosden has arguably the best filly (Taghrooda) and best colt (Kingman) this year. Paul Hanagan is proving once again what an exceptionally talented jockey he is, now that he's getting the quality of horse to show off those talents with. And Sheikh Hamdan has well and truly established himself as a high roller capable of more than just competing with Coolmore and Godolphin.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #238: Oct 24, 2014 10:33:21 pm
      How's this for a finish in The Manikato Stakes last night run over 6 furlongs.

The "Best Sprinter in The World", Lankan Rupee  according to some experts, wins the $1 million dollar race.....

This is the next shot in the frame

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2014 10:46:26 pm by AussieRed »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #239: Nov 28, 2014 01:43:17 pm
      Djakadam is by far the best handicapped horse in the race.

Fingal Bay is a horse I've always really liked and Hobbs' horses are in outstanding form.

Newbury is looking really tough work and that is one thing that could work in Smad Place's favour as it turns into a real slog but I'll stick to the two above for my small stakes interest in a very tough race.

Djakadam is entered into the Gold Cup from a stable with obvious knowledge so take that as an indicator of where they think his talent could take him (winning GC takes rating of 160+ and he's handicapped at 142 at the moment)
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #240: Apr 11, 2015 12:22:05 am
      Won a fortune on last Cheltenham so, I go out with my tips. Hope its another great weekend.

Soll or Unioniste? 20/1 or 25/1?

Rocky Creek pushing for this race with no credible answer apart from Balthazar. But he is too old for this kind of energetic race.

Time for underdogs right?? And there is good few. From 16-1 upto 26-1. If you are looking for a winner its going to be around this mark.

I say: Soll or Unioniste. Get it each way
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #241: Apr 11, 2015 11:07:41 pm
      Many clouds big danger so got to back that one also, sh*t  :lmao:

Pity you didn't slap a few quid on that to win the National at the time, would of been quids in there lad.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #242: Apr 11, 2015 11:18:24 pm
      Duly noted mate and Djakadam is a fly in the ointment but I just don't fancy him in this at all. My personal profile of a horse to win this is from 4: Smad Place, Many Clouds, Annacotta and what a warrior (gone for the win on first 2 and e/w on the latter 2).

Had £50 e/w on Many Clouds (along with many others) but my main bet was The Druids Nephew, convinced that was going to win, gutted.

Probably cost me £10k. Had Arctic Fire for £4.5k and Call the Cops for £6k earlier in the week so felt I was due one. Had a good Cheltenham but Annie Power cost me for £58k, absolutely gutted.

The strange part about it was that both Annie Power and Arctic Fire my Mum arrived at our house just before each race, both trained by Mullins and ridden by Walsh, of course I'm searching for connections. I never react angrily about losers but Annie Power was my worst reaction ever.

It was coupled up with big ante-post bets including 8/1 Douvan, 6/1 Un De Sceaux (placed after it fell), 4/1 Faugheen, Peace and Co 9/2, had also More of That which was a none runner. Even more annoying was horses that let me down on big accas at Cheltenham came out and confirmed my impression of them at Aintree. Don Cossack and Nichols Canyon, which I was convinced was ridden incorrectly at Cheltenham and then seeing it win easily today really just confirmed that. Interesting to see Windsor Park revert to a crappy flat race instead today too, I mean was 2/5 but was basically buying money that.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #243: May 06, 2015 09:56:53 am
      We are off to Chester races later, hope to back a couple of winners. Typically wet weather forecast, still probably get wet inside, by downing a few pints during the day !
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #244: May 06, 2015 10:10:10 am
      We are off to Chester races later, hope to back a couple of winners. Typically wet weather forecast, still probably get wet inside, by downing a few pints during the day !

Good lad.  Have a good one.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #245: Jun 14, 2015 02:39:34 pm
      Out of interest would many people here have much interest in Royal Ascot this week?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #246: Jun 16, 2015 10:40:35 pm
      Out of interest would many people here have much interest in Royal Ascot this week?

Love the racing mate as you know, really enjoyed day 1 just over £1000 up so far but a few of my main fancies got stuffed, got away with it really. Thought Able Friend in the first and Round Two in the Coventry with Gleneagles as the nap of the day.

Luckily did a 2x2x1 bet

Miners Lamp 7/4
      Mighty Missile 6/4

Buratino 8/1
      Round Two 9/4

Gleneagles 4/7

4x £50 trebles, cost £200 won £1944 and change.

Also got a nice touch on a Willie Mullins horse I've had my fingers stung a few times on already this year in the Ascot Stakes. Had £225 win Clondaw Warrior. Strangely didn't fancy Washington D.C at all, ended up with 3rd 4th and 5th in that race, thought after Round Two's run and looking at the times maybe it was weaker than I'd first thought. Listening to Ryan Moore afterwards though even he was surprised just how bad Round Two was, so will wait for that to get softer going and might give it another chance.

In the Kings Stand I went for Sole Power, just didn't have the finishing kick of old, think it needed more cover and a few more around it to bring out the best put perhaps time is catching up with him now.

Tomorrow seems a decent day.

I've been burned by Ivawood a few times already but tomorrow is surely his best chance of winning, 7f seems perfect and I'd have to side with him. In the Queen Mary the jockey bookies by Wesley Ward looks like he's out to bag that, a friend has tipped me Besharah but I'll be siding with the ward pair, probably split stakes, Bruised Orange put up a time even quicker than his horse in the Coventry over 4.5f so I'd expect that to go off like a scolded cat and perhaps this one might stay out the trip.

Duke of Cambridge I think Integral is too short but still would fancy her, she's not got too much in hand on a strict line of form through Night of Thunder and both Euro Charline and Cladocera could give her something to think about but I think Ascot on fast ground is ideal for her so I'd be sticking her in my accas tomorrow.

Prince of Wales, absolutely love Free Eagle and will be hammering that horse, love his Forgotten Rules too in the gold cup later in the week if it runs (ground worries) never forget saying that was the best bumper horse I'd ever seen to a friend haha.

Royal Hunt Cup, probably a 25/1 shot will win but my 3 against the field are GM Hopkins/Spark Plug and Ayaar, all have a very similar line of form and I was really impressed with Spark Plug last time. Probably would just side with that one if a gun was put to my head but a very trappy race with stakes kept minimal.

The Sandringham, well the favourite Always Smile could be anything but going up 11lb for it's last run (next 2 have won since) seems a big ask to go into a massive handicap like this. At 5/2 that's a shocking price, so while I think it's the best chance at 5/2 I might just watch this one and go with Jellicle Ball E/W at 11/1. I thought it ran a cracking race first time out. In the Guineas it got no kind of run, slowly away and I can forgive that run. Last time out was too keen and at 11/1 again with Moore on top could be value but it's speculative rather than confident.

The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #247: Jun 17, 2015 02:00:59 pm
      Had 3 out of 5 yesterday, all e/w but not bad for me, got one at 50/1

2.30 - Hathal E/W
       3.05 - Kassia E/W, Rah Rah E/W (could literally pick about 10)
       3.40 - Rizeena
       4.20 - Gailo Chop
       5.00 - Bronze Angel E/W (purely out of love for the horse, won twice for me last year), Fort Bastion E/W
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #248: Jun 17, 2015 02:21:39 pm
      Had 3 out of 5 yesterday, all e/w but not bad for me, got one at 50/1

Outstanding fella, don't think I've ever picked a horse at 50/1, 33's I remember Red Marauder but I think that's the highest I've had.

Like this one too and think if I was to have an e/w in the race it would be that, although I'm surprised to see Bruised Orange drift so alarmingly. I can see a weight of money heading for Acapulco now though. Expecting it to go off near 5/2
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #249: Jun 17, 2015 03:18:59 pm
      Burned with Ivawood again but a big win on Acapulco and told you lads she would go off at 5/2, hope you got the 6's available early!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #250: Jun 17, 2015 04:31:45 pm
      Hope you lads had the 4/1 available as Free Eagle wins, absolutely love that horse!

Pattern of the day

Ivawood short price burned fingers
      Acapulco 6/1 wins
      Integral short price burned fingers
      Free Eagle 4/1 wins

Those bloody short price favourites hurting but well up on the day again now, with a few free bets (placed out of nice winnings) to come.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #251: Jun 17, 2015 05:08:51 pm
      11/1 winner of the royal hunt cup too lads, hope you followed the tips, cracking day for me!

Had the forecast too! Thought I didn't but then realised threw temptress in at the end too but gutted it only paid £70 (had £20 on it so got £1400 off it). Exacta paid £100+ cost me £600 not being able to place it online with the bookies I use.

Oh well can't moan, over £4000 up on the day! Get in!!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #252: Jun 17, 2015 05:54:25 pm
      11/1 winner of the royal hunt cup too lads, hope you followed the tips, cracking day for me!

Had the forecast too! Thought I didn't but then realised threw temptress in at the end too but gutted it only paid £70 (had £20 on it so got £1400 off it). Exacta paid £100+ cost me £600 not being able to place it online with the bookies I use.

Oh well can't moan, over £4000 up on the day! Get in!!!

Fucks, only just seen all this.

Just the 4k?

You c**t!!!! ;)

Quick Reply