Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Horse Racing

Read 83270 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Horse Racing
      Reply #253: Jun 17, 2015 06:00:34 pm
      Fucks, only just seen all this.

Just the 4k?

You c**t!!!! ;)

Hahaha mate would have won £4500 more if Always Smile won the last, should have followed my own advice and left it. Had it in a Treble with Free Eagle and Acapulco, bloody thing lost by a nose after leading most of the last half mile. So strange to have won £5000 on the day (saved myself on last race with e/w on Osaila) and to be slightly gutted.

Just said to the Mrs I need to be happy about it and forget about the loser but losing £3500 on the nod hurts.

Cheers though it's wrong to complain, I know it is and I will feel happy about it, just typical me.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #254: Jun 18, 2015 01:05:23 pm
      After an outstanding day for me yesterday I thought I'd share my tips with you for today:

In the Norfolk Stakes there's basically 2 horses being backed against the rest of the field. King of Rooks has been odds on since it's latest win and is now drifting quite alarmingly and it's stablemate Log Out Island (who has won at the course and distance putting up a time that would have won all races at this distance so far) is getting backed right in. I tend to think that Log Out Island might actually be the one even though I was taken with King of Rooks, actually splitting the pair is proving difficult for me but I'd just go with King of Rooks.

Tercentenary Stakes looks like an outstanding opportunity for Time Test, think Bocca Baciata is the main danger but I think Time test will win this and 9/4 is a price I'm happy to back it at.

Ribblesdale is a tough one for me as I'm going to side with Pleascach as Bolger claims it's the best 1m4f horse he's ever trained but I do like Pamona. Pamona was my tip for the Oaks at 20/1 before it was a non-runner and it faces a much easier task here, although the 6/1 suggests that. So I'll be backing Pleascach for the win and probably a saver on Pamona.

Gold Cup: Forgotten Rules without a doubt, think the 3/1 available is great value. Mentioned yesterday I absolutely love this horse and honestly the only negative I can see is the ground, it's an exceptional horse and I'll be hammering it.

Britannia: Wont play big in this but a couple do stand out. War Envoy has been behind great horses and while it's form figures look terrible in this company it could make the frame at least. 14/1 looks value to me. The other one is Portage, clearly not trying last time and just looks laid out for this.

The KGV I'd have to side with Dissolution. If Time Test wins well the price on this will disappear fast, currently you can get 4/1 and that looks big, expect this to go off nearer the 2/1 mark myself. Ryan Moore on top is a huge plus, think he is so much better than James Doyle who cost me for that extra £4500 yesterday.

So Tips:

King of Rooks
      Time Test
      Pleascach
      Forgotten Rules
      War Envoy
      Dissolution

Almost all the favourites :lmao: best of luck if you choose to play.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #255: Jun 18, 2015 05:22:08 pm
      Typical again lads, about level on the day for me with just the last race to go:

King of Rooks 3rd
      Log Out Island 2nd

Time Test won

Pleascach 2nd

Forgotten Rules (didn't stay) 3rd

War Envoy won 14/1

Any of Pleascach/King of Rooks/Log Out Island or Forgotten Rules had won I'd be in for a good win but still War Envoy got me out of a hole then.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #256: Jun 19, 2015 01:03:27 am
      Tips for Friday:

Albany Stakes: One of the toughest races at the entire meeting so stakes kept to a minimum again, Welsley Ward with a couple in it and he's not to be taken lightly in this field. The pundits seem to suggest that Back at the Ranch has the better pedigree for staying but I''ll be siding with his other horse Laxfield Road. Anything that can win by 11l at 4.5f on fast ground clearly has an incredible engine and Frankie has teamed up with Ward before for plenty of success so I''d have that of his pair. If it was softer I'd give Spanish Romance a huge chance, even still I  wont be ignoring it and 10/1 looks a good price. One at 33/1 that just keeps nagging at me too is Elegant Supermodel, I'll play that one each way too, put up a great time in France and I  don't think they're coming over just for a sight seeing trip.

King Edward: Stravagante was awesome last time, moving straight from handicap to group company tells you all you need to know about this Stoute horse, they clearly think it's going places but this is no penalty kick. Ol' Man River has been shocking this year but O'Brien's horses were running badly at the start of the year and don't be surprised if that one comes home in front. I''ll be splitting stakes at not very good odds here.

Commenwealth Cup: What a race this looks to be. Personally I  can't see the winner coming outside of Hootenanny/Limato/Tiggy Wiggy, so cue some 20/1 no mark chinning me on the line to spoil the party. I''ll be playing the forecast big on those 3 as I  think they have quite a bit in hand on the others. My preference has shifted from Limato to Hootenanny based on Limato's last run, but I  wouldn't be surprised if it won as I 've backed it ante-post quite a few times. Hootenanny is a horse I  love, actually had it at 25/1 for our guineas but had to pull out at the last minute. Won big on it a few times already and I''ll be siding with it again. Tiggy Wiggy has gone out to an incredible horse at 8/1, I  can't understand why it's that big in this race as it could easily win it and surely has an exceptional place chance.

Coronation Stakes: Thought Found was a wonder horse last year but somehow it's managed to get beaten twice this year, first time out on ground that was horribly against it and in the I rish guineas by Pleascach who ran well here over 1m4f yesterday. Even in the I rish guineas it looked to be given a bad ride and while I  don't think the round course will necessarily suit her I  can't back against the horse. 11/8 looks a shocking price and it definitely is factoring in the Moore magic of the week but I  wont let that put me off. She's already beaten Ervedya in France and Lucida looks a horse who just lacks pace late in a race.

Duke of Edinburgh: Massively tough race and I 'd advise small stakes played but the race I 'd concentrate on coming into this is the Newmarket race between Watersmeet and Dashing Star, cracking time put up by that pair and at 10/1 for each I 'd probably put an e/w on them both. Mark Johnston seems to keep horses improving once they get on a roll and I  wouldn't be put off by the 6lb rise and he would be my main tip.

Queen's Vase: You only have to look at Aloft going from Racing post 2nd (1m race and all 3 starts as a 2 y/o at a mile) and being stepped up a full mile to know that this horse is clearly showing incredible performances at home to throw it straight in here. 109 rated as a 2 y/o at a mile and this being it's starting point has nap written all over it to me and I 'll be playing big on this one and I  think if you can get any of the 2/1 available you should do as I  expect this one to start odds-on.

Tips

2:30
      Laxfield Road 6/1 win
      Spanish Romance 10/1 e/w
      Elegant Supermodel 33/1 e/w

3:05
      Stravagante 5/2 Split Stakes
      Ol' Man River 7/2 Split Stakes

3:40
      Hootenanny 9/2 Win Forecast Tricast
      Limato 5/1 Win Forecast Tricast
      Tiggy Wiggy 8/1 E/W Forecast Tricast

4:20
      Found 11/8 win

5:00
      Watersmeet 10/1 E/W
      Dashing Star 10/1 E/W

5:35
      Aloft 2/1 Win

I  always do multiple bets 2x2x2 etc which I  generally do depending on how I''m getting on through the day so wont bore you with them but good luck if you do have a go!
      (posted on request)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #257: Jun 19, 2015 01:05:23 pm
      After observing the betting I must admit I'm worried about Aloft and will be leaving it out of the remainder of my bets today. 3/1 is a big drift and I'd advise caution now.

Shocking day for me:

Laxfield Road: Clearly went to quickly and that was my worry.
      Spanish Romance: 6th if it had been softer I think it would have got really close, was backed from 10's to 5's but not good enough.
      Elegant Supermodel: 3rd 33/1 decent e/w return of 8/1 roughly.

Stravagante: Pulled up injured, should have known then how the day would turn out.
      Ol' Man River: Ran a much better race than of late, but still 4th not good enough.

Limato: 2nd Ran well on the wrong side.
      Hootenanny: Not a clue, backed as if it should win and ran like it should never have come over.
      Tiggy Wiggy: I give up on this horse now, clearly going backwards and didn't look in love with the game as it hung it's head.

Found: Just denied but think Ervedya had a bit extra too, so frustrating Found 2nd 2nd 2nd.

Dashing Star: Pulled all week and destroyed it's chance.
      Watersmeet: Came there going well enough, just didn't finish the race off.

After 2 good days an absolute stinker.

Think I'm just going to back one horse tomorrow Brazen Beau in the Diamond Jubilee, 3/1 with Hills, Austrailia horse who have a great record in this.

HAHAHA F***ing typical the nap wins at 5/2 after the betting putting me off....
      « Last Edit: Jun 19, 2015 05:39:57 pm by KopiteLuke »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #258: Jun 21, 2015 01:04:11 am
      Only bet of the day 2nd to Dettori again, little b***ard has cost me over £6k now. Most pundits agree that if they met again they would back Brazen Beau, I'm less convinced though, it was an excellent turn of foot shown by the Wesley Ward horse and I'm usually all over his horses at Royal Ascot but this one being 5 and not winning in it's last few did look like it might struggle. 14/1 suggested as much too, gutted.

Oh well still up on the meeting and I guess onwards to Golden Horn in the Eclipse! Can't believe Mahsoob is as low as 10/1 for that race, sure it's done well to win handicaps but that's theft from bookies. I think Golden Horn and Free Eagle stand out a mile and I'll wait until I know the ground before more than likely hammering Golden Horn again.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #259: Jul 11, 2015 04:38:57 pm
      Only bet of the day 2nd to Dettori again, little b***ard has cost me over £6k now. Most pundits agree that if they met again they would back Brazen Beau, I'm less convinced though, it was an excellent turn of foot shown by the Wesley Ward horse and I'm usually all over his horses at Royal Ascot but this one being 5 and not winning in it's last few did look like it might struggle. 14/1 suggested as much too, gutted.

Oh well still up on the meeting and I guess onwards to Golden Horn in the Eclipse! Can't believe Mahsoob is as low as 10/1 for that race, sure it's done well to win handicaps but that's theft from bookies. I think Golden Horn and Free Eagle stand out a mile and I'll wait until I know the ground before more than likely hammering Golden Horn again.

Sorry mate, had awful trouble with my laptop the last few weeks, so haven't been online at all. Really enjoyed reading your posts on Ascot though, you're some man to punt! I had a terrible Ascot, got burned left, right and center! Best of the week for me was Curvy, that filly has been printing money for me this year, and she'll win a Group 1 yet. She is as tough as nails, not unlike her brother, but I think she does exactly what she needs to and no more.

Spot on about Brazen Beau too mate, nowhere in the July Cup today.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #260: Oct 23, 2015 11:46:55 pm
       Hi Guys,not been on here for some time now,but would like to share a little grand national story with you'ze.For the three days I was working on an interview camera dedicated to the "top"bookies.One of which was Betfred.Mark Pearson (head of media)He  tells me on the Friday that he was giving me a "free bet on the Nashional"On the day he tells me my free bet is to be £50 quid.
      Easy one for me as I fancy Many Clouds.So £25 each way was my bet.Later on producing my betting slip,I'm amazed to read the price 40/1.The outcome is "obvious and I picked up £1250.
      That night my family (inAintree) along with my wife (who travelled up from Surrey) had a birthday party for me.Next day I took them all out for lunch before setting off for home.What a week that was!!  :)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #261: Oct 25, 2015 01:21:11 pm
      Hi Guys,not been on here for some time now,but would like to share a little grand national story with you'ze.For the three days I was working on an interview camera dedicated to the "top"bookies.One of which was Betfred.Mark Pearson (head of media)He  tells me on the Friday that he was giving me a "free bet on the Nashional"On the day he tells me my free bet is to be £50 quid.
      Easy one for me as I fancy Many Clouds.So £25 each way was my bet.Later on producing my betting slip,I'm amazed to read the price 40/1.The outcome is "obvious and I picked up £1250.
      That night my family (inAintree) along with my wife (who travelled up from Surrey) had a birthday party for me.Next day I took them all out for lunch before setting off for home.What a week that was!!  :)

Nice one mate! You done a lot better than I did!

Flat season is pretty much over for now, Just the Breeders Cup to look forward to then the winter nights set in! Fancy American Pharaoh in the Classic, Golden Horn in the Turf and Nyquist in the Juvenile. I don't see anything to beat them three. Beholder being the biggest threat to American Pharaoh, but I still fancy him to bow out on top.

That will be my treble, but with my betting record I certainly wouldn't give it to anyone as a tip! :D
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #262: Nov 03, 2015 12:23:56 pm
      100/1 winner of the Melbourne Cup... it's the Grand National of Flat racing, pick something lightly raced and low down the weights.

Great story behind Michelle Payne, first female Jockey to win the Melbourne Cup, and her brother Stevie who has Downs Syndrome, and works for David Weir (Trainer) and led the horse up. The whole family are a credit to racing in Australia.

Frankie Dettori finished second on the Willie Mullins trained Max Dynamite, and picked up a one month ban in the process.

And we seen a sad end to the career of Red Cadeaux... pulled up with a fracture to his fetlock. Latest update is he is comfortable and can be operated on, he won't race again but at least he will have a life.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #263: Nov 10, 2015 12:53:20 pm
      Heartbreaking news to hear of the passing of Pat Eddery today. A true legend of the sport, he epitomised the passion and devotion of the sport.

RIP Pat.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #264: Dec 26, 2015 10:16:08 am
      Might have a bit of a  Boxing Day flutter today.

Any tips welcome
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #265: Jun 07, 2016 08:13:21 pm
      Fuming with the news today that Any Currency could lose the cross country chase at Cheltenham back in March. Not so much that it will probably lose it but that bookies wont pay out on the horse that will be promoted to winner, Josies Orders.

Cost me £11121.51 at time of reckoning, had a word with Paddypower on twitter, who promotes justice payments and not even the slightest budge from them. Same with racebets, the only two that I really use.

After losing out on £60,000+ last year on Annie Power falling at the last when clearly going to win and now this it really piss you right off at times this game. Sad thing is Josies Orders should have won the race anyway, was just given a poor ride, to be fair to Nina though she made up for it on On The Fringe later in the week to some degree but still #gutted!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #266: Aug 02, 2016 10:14:20 pm
      Hope some of you were on the Charles Byrnes gamble today. Some lucky folks had 16/1 14/1 12/1 on each of the 3 horses, wasn't as lucky to get those aweseome early prices but because I like his horses when he has a gamble I thought I'd have a £100 interest on the three and thankfully Paddypower payout at best odds guaranteed which gave me £4k+ extra on the bet.

£9,300+ profit off a speculation like that, very happy with that!

Here's a look at the slip to show just why it pays to bet with a bookie like this and not stinking ladbrokes (who only guaranteed up to £200) and the other high street thieves!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #267: Apr 08, 2017 05:24:42 pm
      Daily Fail - numerous pics of ladies day at Aintree, apparently no horses present just loads of tits, arses, wine, pissed up ladies and litter.
      Daily Fail doing what it does best.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #268: Apr 08, 2017 08:48:18 pm
      Just glad to hear all horses got home safely, my fella backed the winner and I got second  8)
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #269: Apr 08, 2017 09:36:26 pm
      My horse fell first hurdle! Go VICENTE!!!!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #270: Apr 08, 2017 11:39:58 pm
      Daily Fail - numerous pics of ladies day at Aintree, apparently no horses present just loads of tits, arses, wine, pissed up ladies and litter.
      Daily Fail doing what it does best.
      Same sh*te as last year mate where they printed similar sh*t,fair play to mick Fitzgerald on itv though singing the praises of the city  & the support from its people during the scare in 1997 and the  way they rallied round & a great story from him  where the jockeys  all went into town and when he got weighed for the re-run on the Monday  he was ten pounds heavier  :lmao:
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #271: Apr 08, 2017 11:43:04 pm
      Just glad to hear all horses got home safely, my fella backed the winner and I got second  8)
      Great stuff MsG,hope you both had a few bob on your horses and you did EW, backed the second myself so I'm happy with that along with all the horses getting round safely,used to hate the early years of the national as a kid & what happened to some of the horses.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017 11:48:50 pm by Jimsouse67 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #272: Apr 09, 2017 01:54:33 am
      my fella backed the winner and I got second

I had second.  So close!

My horse fell first hurdle! Go VICENTE!!!!

My boy picked that as well but in his defence he isn't 2 yet.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #273: Apr 09, 2017 10:04:50 am
      Same sh*te as last year mate where they printed similar sh*t,fair play to mick Fitzgerald on itv though singing the praises of the city  & the support from its people during the scare in 1997 and the  way they rallied round & a great story from him  where the jockeys  all went into town and when he got weighed for the re-run on the Monday  he was ten pounds heavier  :lmao:

The Echo of course painted a different picture with scenic views of the course and multitudes of elegant ladies dressed to kill.
      An obvious result of not restricting images to the 50 square yard area around the bar location as the Daily Fail did, Aintree racecourse is set in several square miles of immaculate scenery and to not highlight the fact is perverse when the images portrayed are a few square yards of plastic glasses etc and some tipsy locals, very odd.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #274: Apr 09, 2017 03:33:42 pm
      Great stuff MsG,hope you both had a few bob on your horses and you did EW, backed the second myself so I'm happy with that along with all the horses getting round safely,used to hate the early years of the national as a kid & what happened to some of the horses.

Always do e/w Jim, there's usually at least one horse that has to be shot because of a broken leg or something, so relieved they were all ok this time  :gt-happyup:

I had second.  So close!

My boy picked that as well but in his defence he isn't 2 yet.

So near, yet so far John  ;D
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #275: Jun 01, 2017 07:30:08 pm
      Derby day approacheth (this Saturday).19 runners (atm) Aiden O'Brien has 5 runners,Godolphin have 3.Paddy Pilley takes over the ride on 500/1 shot Diore Lia.Gina Mangan not thought good enough to ride in the worlds greatest race (by the BHA), due to her inexperience ??
      Joint favourites @ 4/1 are Cliffs Of Moher (Ryan Moore) and Cracksman (Frankie Dettori) looking for his 3rd win in the race.
       Cracksman's sire ( the mighty FRANKEL ) is looking for his first win in the Derby.
      Both Best Solution(Pat Cosgrave) & Permian ( William Buick ) are the top rated horses ( 113 ).
      So !! Question is who will win?
      My selection is Permian.Just touched off at Epsom by Cracksman.However since then has won 2 class 1 races, the last being the Dante Stakes at York ( and was very impressive too )
      Good luck if you have a flutter.My advice as always is, only bet what you can afford to lose.
      Be lucky..

Quick Reply