Trending Topics

Next match: Burnley v LFC [Premier League] Sat 31st Aug @ 5:30 pm
      Turf Moor

Today is the 24th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W10 D5 L6

Horse Racing

Read 40481 times
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,652 posts | 241 
      • Irish Blood, Scouse Heart.
      Re: Horse Racing
      Reply #350: Oct 25, 2015 01:21:11 pm
      Hi Guys,not been on here for some time now,but would like to share a little grand national story with you'ze.For the three days I was working on an interview camera dedicated to the "top"bookies.One of which was Betfred.Mark Pearson (head of media)He  tells me on the Friday that he was giving me a "free bet on the Nashional"On the day he tells me my free bet is to be £50 quid.
      Easy one for me as I fancy Many Clouds.So £25 each way was my bet.Later on producing my betting slip,I'm amazed to read the price 40/1.The outcome is "obvious and I picked up £1250.
      That night my family (inAintree) along with my wife (who travelled up from Surrey) had a birthday party for me.Next day I took them all out for lunch before setting off for home.What a week that was!!  :)

Nice one mate! You done a lot better than I did!

Flat season is pretty much over for now, Just the Breeders Cup to look forward to then the winter nights set in! Fancy American Pharaoh in the Classic, Golden Horn in the Turf and Nyquist in the Juvenile. I don't see anything to beat them three. Beholder being the biggest threat to American Pharaoh, but I still fancy him to bow out on top.

That will be my treble, but with my betting record I certainly wouldn't give it to anyone as a tip! :D
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,652 posts | 241 
      Reply #351: Nov 03, 2015 12:23:56 pm
      100/1 winner of the Melbourne Cup... it's the Grand National of Flat racing, pick something lightly raced and low down the weights.

Great story behind Michelle Payne, first female Jockey to win the Melbourne Cup, and her brother Stevie who has Downs Syndrome, and works for David Weir (Trainer) and led the horse up. The whole family are a credit to racing in Australia.

Frankie Dettori finished second on the Willie Mullins trained Max Dynamite, and picked up a one month ban in the process.

And we seen a sad end to the career of Red Cadeaux... pulled up with a fracture to his fetlock. Latest update is he is comfortable and can be operated on, he won't race again but at least he will have a life.
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,652 posts | 241 
      Reply #352: Nov 10, 2015 12:53:20 pm
      Heartbreaking news to hear of the passing of Pat Eddery today. A true legend of the sport, he epitomised the passion and devotion of the sport.

RIP Pat.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,314 posts | 3360 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #353: Dec 26, 2015 10:16:08 am
      Might have a bit of a  Boxing Day flutter today.

Any tips welcome
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #354: Jun 07, 2016 08:13:21 pm
      Fuming with the news today that Any Currency could lose the cross country chase at Cheltenham back in March. Not so much that it will probably lose it but that bookies wont pay out on the horse that will be promoted to winner, Josies Orders.

Cost me £11121.51 at time of reckoning, had a word with Paddypower on twitter, who promotes justice payments and not even the slightest budge from them. Same with racebets, the only two that I really use.

After losing out on £60,000+ last year on Annie Power falling at the last when clearly going to win and now this it really piss you right off at times this game. Sad thing is Josies Orders should have won the race anyway, was just given a poor ride, to be fair to Nina though she made up for it on On The Fringe later in the week to some degree but still #gutted!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #355: Aug 02, 2016 10:14:20 pm
      Hope some of you were on the Charles Byrnes gamble today. Some lucky folks had 16/1 14/1 12/1 on each of the 3 horses, wasn't as lucky to get those aweseome early prices but because I like his horses when he has a gamble I thought I'd have a £100 interest on the three and thankfully Paddypower payout at best odds guaranteed which gave me £4k+ extra on the bet.

£9,300+ profit off a speculation like that, very happy with that!

Here's a look at the slip to show just why it pays to bet with a bookie like this and not stinking ladbrokes (who only guaranteed up to £200) and the other high street thieves!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #356: Apr 08, 2017 05:24:42 pm
      Daily Fail - numerous pics of ladies day at Aintree, apparently no horses present just loads of tits, arses, wine, pissed up ladies and litter.
      Daily Fail doing what it does best.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #357: Apr 08, 2017 08:48:18 pm
      Just glad to hear all horses got home safely, my fella backed the winner and I got second  8)
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #358: Apr 08, 2017 09:36:26 pm
      My horse fell first hurdle! Go VICENTE!!!!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,326 posts | 496 
      Reply #359: Apr 08, 2017 11:39:58 pm
      Daily Fail - numerous pics of ladies day at Aintree, apparently no horses present just loads of tits, arses, wine, pissed up ladies and litter.
      Daily Fail doing what it does best.
      Same sh*te as last year mate where they printed similar sh*t,fair play to mick Fitzgerald on itv though singing the praises of the city  & the support from its people during the scare in 1997 and the  way they rallied round & a great story from him  where the jockeys  all went into town and when he got weighed for the re-run on the Monday  he was ten pounds heavier  :lmao:
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,326 posts | 496 
      Reply #360: Apr 08, 2017 11:43:04 pm
      Just glad to hear all horses got home safely, my fella backed the winner and I got second  8)
      Great stuff MsG,hope you both had a few bob on your horses and you did EW, backed the second myself so I'm happy with that along with all the horses getting round safely,used to hate the early years of the national as a kid & what happened to some of the horses.
      « Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017 11:48:50 pm by Jimsouse67 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,701 posts | 4202 
      Reply #361: Apr 09, 2017 01:54:33 am
      my fella backed the winner and I got second

I had second.  So close!

My horse fell first hurdle! Go VICENTE!!!!

My boy picked that as well but in his defence he isn't 2 yet.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #362: Apr 09, 2017 10:04:50 am
      Same sh*te as last year mate where they printed similar sh*t,fair play to mick Fitzgerald on itv though singing the praises of the city  & the support from its people during the scare in 1997 and the  way they rallied round & a great story from him  where the jockeys  all went into town and when he got weighed for the re-run on the Monday  he was ten pounds heavier  :lmao:

The Echo of course painted a different picture with scenic views of the course and multitudes of elegant ladies dressed to kill.
      An obvious result of not restricting images to the 50 square yard area around the bar location as the Daily Fail did, Aintree racecourse is set in several square miles of immaculate scenery and to not highlight the fact is perverse when the images portrayed are a few square yards of plastic glasses etc and some tipsy locals, very odd.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #363: Apr 09, 2017 03:33:42 pm
      Great stuff MsG,hope you both had a few bob on your horses and you did EW, backed the second myself so I'm happy with that along with all the horses getting round safely,used to hate the early years of the national as a kid & what happened to some of the horses.

Always do e/w Jim, there's usually at least one horse that has to be shot because of a broken leg or something, so relieved they were all ok this time  :gt-happyup:

I had second.  So close!

My boy picked that as well but in his defence he isn't 2 yet.

So near, yet so far John  ;D
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,472 posts | 339 
      Reply #364: Apr 17, 2017 09:49:02 am
      I got 2nd in the Grand national also, I backed at 33/1 x  2 and 20/1. Here is a nice little e/w bet today in the Irish grand National: ARBRE DE VIE...20/1.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,622 posts | 34 
      Reply #365: Jun 01, 2017 07:30:08 pm
      Derby day approacheth (this Saturday).19 runners (atm) Aiden O'Brien has 5 runners,Godolphin have 3.Paddy Pilley takes over the ride on 500/1 shot Diore Lia.Gina Mangan not thought good enough to ride in the worlds greatest race (by the BHA), due to her inexperience ??
      Joint favourites @ 4/1 are Cliffs Of Moher (Ryan Moore) and Cracksman (Frankie Dettori) looking for his 3rd win in the race.
       Cracksman's sire ( the mighty FRANKEL ) is looking for his first win in the Derby.
      Both Best Solution(Pat Cosgrave) & Permian ( William Buick ) are the top rated horses ( 113 ).
      So !! Question is who will win?
      My selection is Permian.Just touched off at Epsom by Cracksman.However since then has won 2 class 1 races, the last being the Dante Stakes at York ( and was very impressive too )
      Good luck if you have a flutter.My advice as always is, only bet what you can afford to lose.
      Be lucky..
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #366: Jun 02, 2017 12:54:12 am
      My selection is Permian.Just touched off at Epsom by Cracksman.However since then has won 2 class 1 races, the last being the Dante Stakes at York ( and was very impressive too )
      Good luck if you have a flutter.My advice as always is, only bet what you can afford to lose.
      Be lucky..

Moore was highly complimentary (unusual for him) of Permian. I was very impressed with Cliffs of Moher, Chester is a good track to practise for the tough test of Epsom.

Cracksman is coming into it with all the reputation and talk of outstanding homework but like you I think Permian has a good chance to reverse the placings there.

So while I'd just nudge it to Cliffs of Moher I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Permian win and backing that with the thought of laying off in running would be an excellent play.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,537 posts | 1227 
      Reply #367: Mar 13, 2018 04:01:43 pm
      Anyone playing at Cheltenham?

Good day for the punters so far. I'm about 60 up so far. Bookies will have lost a lot so far today but just got one back with the loss of Apples Jade.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2018 04:17:27 pm by fields of anny rd »
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,520 posts | 270 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #368: Mar 15, 2018 01:22:41 pm
      Tips are welcome  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,537 posts | 1227 
      Reply #369: Mar 15, 2018 01:56:01 pm

I'm on Sam Spinner, un de sceux and Laurina. All favourites like but there we go haha.

Also gota £ on Milianisi boy at 22/1
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,472 posts | 339 
      Reply #370: Dec 22, 2018 01:45:57 pm
      Aria rose 3.25 Lingfield. Merry Xmas.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,663 posts | 3261 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #371: Dec 22, 2018 10:22:45 pm
      Aria rose 3.25 Lingfield. Merry Xmas.

Was scratched mate....gutted.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,472 posts | 339 
      Reply #372: Dec 23, 2018 09:22:13 am

Watch for it next time Ian, Merry Xmas matey  :ernaehrung004:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,663 posts | 3261 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #373: Dec 24, 2018 02:14:24 am
      Watch for it next time Ian, Merry Xmas matey  :ernaehrung004:

Thanks Bud. Blackbook it!
      The Kopite91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,652 posts | 241 
      Reply #374: Dec 24, 2018 05:25:38 pm
      You’re a better judge than me if you can nail down the King George on Boxing Day... a seriously good race. This season is throwing up some fantastic clashes, no waiting until March this season!

I can make a case for any of the leading 6 in the market... but I think I’ll play it safe and just go for Might Bite and Native River in a reverse forecast (box exacta). That’s not the most confident bet I’ve ever made.

Not sure what your appetite is to talk flat racing this time of year, but I had to put on an ante post bet this week. East, who was 2nd in the Breeders Cup Juvenile fillies to the absolute monster Newspaperofrecord is still as big as 33/1 for the 1000 Guineas... I cant let that pass, if she was trained by anyone named O’Brien, Gosden or Stout she would be 6/1 now and 1st or 2nd favorite at the start of the season.

Another wild ante post bet is a horse called Code Of Honor for next years Kentucky Derby. He’s a 2yo by Frankels full brother Noble Mission and born in late May. The last thing this horse should be is a precocious,fast 2yo on the dirt, yet that is exactly what he is. And I cannot fathom the idea that he won’t be better at 3. Spiked a temp before the Breeders Cup so was scratched, but there was big expectations of him there and had he ran any sort of race he would be heading the market with Game Winner over the winter. As it is he’s also available at 33/1 now and I’ll have my few quid on and let it stew. He just worked 4f in 49.20 seconds this morning so he’s not showing any signs of slowing down.

Quick Reply