Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Horse Racing

Read 83268 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Horse Racing
      Reply #276: Jun 02, 2017 12:54:12 am
      My selection is Permian.Just touched off at Epsom by Cracksman.However since then has won 2 class 1 races, the last being the Dante Stakes at York ( and was very impressive too )
      Good luck if you have a flutter.My advice as always is, only bet what you can afford to lose.
      Be lucky..

Moore was highly complimentary (unusual for him) of Permian. I was very impressed with Cliffs of Moher, Chester is a good track to practise for the tough test of Epsom.

Cracksman is coming into it with all the reputation and talk of outstanding homework but like you I think Permian has a good chance to reverse the placings there.

So while I'd just nudge it to Cliffs of Moher I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Permian win and backing that with the thought of laying off in running would be an excellent play.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #277: Mar 13, 2018 04:01:43 pm
      Anyone playing at Cheltenham?

Good day for the punters so far. I'm about 60 up so far. Bookies will have lost a lot so far today but just got one back with the loss of Apples Jade.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2018 04:17:27 pm by fields of anny rd »
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #278: Mar 15, 2018 01:22:41 pm
      Tips are welcome  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #279: Mar 15, 2018 01:56:01 pm

I'm on Sam Spinner, un de sceux and Laurina. All favourites like but there we go haha.

Also gota Ā£ on Milianisi boy at 22/1
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #280: Dec 22, 2018 10:22:45 pm
      Aria rose 3.25 Lingfield. Merry Xmas.

Was scratched mate....gutted.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #281: Dec 24, 2018 02:14:24 am
      Watch for it next time Ian, Merry Xmas matey  :ernaehrung004:

Thanks Bud. Blackbook it!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #282: Dec 24, 2018 05:25:38 pm
      Youā€™re a better judge than me if you can nail down the King George on Boxing Day... a seriously good race. This season is throwing up some fantastic clashes, no waiting until March this season!

I can make a case for any of the leading 6 in the market... but I think Iā€™ll play it safe and just go for Might Bite and Native River in a reverse forecast (box exacta). Thatā€™s not the most confident bet Iā€™ve ever made.

Not sure what your appetite is to talk flat racing this time of year, but I had to put on an ante post bet this week. East, who was 2nd in the Breeders Cup Juvenile fillies to the absolute monster Newspaperofrecord is still as big as 33/1 for the 1000 Guineas... I cant let that pass, if she was trained by anyone named Oā€™Brien, Gosden or Stout she would be 6/1 now and 1st or 2nd favorite at the start of the season.

Another wild ante post bet is a horse called Code Of Honor for next years Kentucky Derby. Heā€™s a 2yo by Frankels full brother Noble Mission and born in late May. The last thing this horse should be is a precocious,fast 2yo on the dirt, yet that is exactly what he is. And I cannot fathom the idea that he wonā€™t be better at 3. Spiked a temp before the Breeders Cup so was scratched, but there was big expectations of him there and had he ran any sort of race he would be heading the market with Game Winner over the winter. As it is heā€™s also available at 33/1 now and Iā€™ll have my few quid on and let it stew. He just worked 4f in 49.20 seconds this morning so heā€™s not showing any signs of slowing down.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #283: Dec 25, 2018 09:30:53 pm
      Youā€™re a better judge than me if you can nail down the King George on Boxing Day... a seriously good race. This season is throwing up some fantastic clashes, no waiting until March this season!

I can make a case for any of the leading 6 in the market... but I think Iā€™ll play it safe and just go for Might Bite and Native River in a reverse forecast (box exacta). Thatā€™s not the most confident bet Iā€™ve ever made.

Not sure what your appetite is to talk flat racing this time of year, but I had to put on an ante post bet this week. East, who was 2nd in the Breeders Cup Juvenile fillies to the absolute monster Newspaperofrecord is still as big as 33/1 for the 1000 Guineas... I cant let that pass, if she was trained by anyone named Oā€™Brien, Gosden or Stout she would be 6/1 now and 1st or 2nd favorite at the start of the season.

Another wild ante post bet is a horse called Code Of Honor for next years Kentucky Derby. Heā€™s a 2yo by Frankels full brother Noble Mission and born in late May. The last thing this horse should be is a precocious,fast 2yo on the dirt, yet that is exactly what he is. And I cannot fathom the idea that he wonā€™t be better at 3. Spiked a temp before the Breeders Cup so was scratched, but there was big expectations of him there and had he ran any sort of race he would be heading the market with Game Winner over the winter. As it is heā€™s also available at 33/1 now and Iā€™ll have my few quid on and let it stew. He just worked 4f in 49.20 seconds this morning so heā€™s not showing any signs of slowing down.

Mate, found the King George on our Aussie Markets but when's the 1000 Guineas being run?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #284: Dec 25, 2018 10:35:36 pm
      Mate, found the King George on our Aussie Markets but when's the 1000 Guineas being run?

Itā€™s on in May, I found an Aussie Market on Betfair here:
      https://www.betfair.com.au/exchange/horse-racing/event/28772697/market?marketId=1.144814519

The filly isnā€™t even quoted yet on there.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #285: Dec 25, 2018 10:37:35 pm
      Itā€™s on in May, I found an Aussie Market on Betfair here:
      https://www.betfair.com.au/exchange/horse-racing/event/28772697/market?marketId=1.144814519

The filly isnā€™t even quoted yet on there.

Oh Ok Bud thanks mate, remind me in May can ya?...might be a bit excited about another Sport, come that month!  :champ: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #286: Dec 25, 2018 10:43:44 pm
      Oh Ok Bud thanks mate, remind me in May can ya?...might be a bit excited about another Sport, come that month!  :champ: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Haha hereā€™s hoping weā€™re both a bit preoccupied!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #287: Dec 30, 2018 02:18:28 pm
      Amazing quality of racing over Christmas, a lot of upsets made it hard to pick winners. But the result of the whole week was Faugheen and Ruby getting back up, I genuinely thought he was dead. The horse owes nothing to anyone, retire him. Heā€™ll go out a champion whatever the case may be, but just let him walk out.

Buveur Dā€™air being beaten was a shock in itself. But the contrasting performances of Apples Jade and Samcro has to force Oā€™Learys hand. I seen Apples Jade quoted at 25/1 for the Champion Hurdle on Christmas Eve, and a friend and I both agreed that there was no point in even talking about it, Oā€™Leary would never do it. Even after the week weā€™ve had sheā€™s still available at 20/1... and realistically what else do Gigginstown have for the race?

I was all about Road To Respect in the Savills chase at Leopardstown on Friday, even more so when Presenting Percy wasnā€™t declared, but he had a horrendous run. A great bit of initiative by David Mullins on Kemboy seen him win very well, and he will improve for that. But Iā€™m not giving up on Road To Respect, heā€™ll get a G1 over 3 miles yet this season!

On the Savills chase, I really donā€™t understand why Native River didnā€™t go for it? He clearly didnā€™t enjoy going right handed around Kempton, Tizzard had another strong horse in the race, and there was ā‚¬100,000 up for grabs at Leopardstown, and the way the race unfolded would have suited him to the ground!?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #288: Jan 04, 2019 02:03:19 pm

Code of Honor runs tomorrow in Race 10 at Gulf Stream Park, in the Mucho Macho Man Stakes. Heā€™ll most likely be a short priced fav so he wonā€™t be a betting prospect for tomorrow, but his performance could have an affect on his Kentucky Derby price.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #289: Jan 10, 2019 08:49:00 am
      Windspiel today Leicester 12.35. 5/1.

Wee tip buddy?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #290: Jan 10, 2019 04:26:51 pm
      Windspiel today Leicester 12.35. 5/1.

Third . Aswell I didn't back it ;D
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #291: Jan 11, 2019 02:01:19 pm
      John Oxx and Patrick Prendergast to join forces in training dream team

Curragh trainers John Oxx and Patrick Prendergast have joined forces to form a new partnership ahead of the commencement of the new flat turf season at Naas on March 24.

Prendergast will not renew his licence at the end of February and the new operation will continue with Oxx as the named trainer.

The news has emerged just a month after Prendergast collected the Flat Achievement of the Year honour at the HRI Awards for his handling of Skitter Scatter throughout a busy juvenile campaign that ended with the filly providing him with his maiden Group 1 success in the Moyglare Stud Stakes at the Curragh in September.

That was the highlight of his best ever season in terms of prize money earned (ā‚¬649,095) and quantity of winners (21), improving on a 2017 term that also set new marks.

As a result of his success however, Prendergast, who had previously enjoyed Group 3 victories with Coral Wave and Sugar Boy, is in demand but has limited room for expansion at Melitta Lodge.

Now, Skitter Scatter will continue her career under Oxxā€™s name. One of the most successful active trainers in Irish racing, he is just 34 winners short of reaching an astonishing landmark of 2000 winners.

The tally of 1966 winners includes 296 group and listed races, with 11 classic triumphs contributing to an accumulation of 37 Group One victories.

Champions of the ilk of Ridgewood Pearl, Sinndar, Alamshar, Azamour and the remarkable Sea The Stars flourished under Oxxā€™s astute handling.

He has endured a leaner spell since, coinciding with the ending of a long association with the Aga Khan in the midst of the economic downturn, but has worked diligently to rebuild and counts 16 Godolphin horses among his string for the year ahead and a healthy spread of owners generally.

This new partnership with near neighbour Prendergast, who uses the same gallops and who he sees every morning anyway, is another step in that growth and confirms his enduring ambition.

This proximity of Currabeg Stables and Melitta Lodge is just one of the attractions for both men, who view the collaboration as the best way for them to perform at a higher level on a consistent basis.

No jobs will be lost and the owners have all given their backing to the enterprise.

ā€œWe want to have a sufficient number of horses to ensure a strong and viable stable but also a number that is appropriate to the programme in the country, so that we can offer a good service to our ownersā€ says Oxx.

ā€œWe both felt this was the best way for us to do that. I have the stable capacity and facilities that Patrick would have needed to grow and I have the staff needed to work it. Therefore, horses andsufficient staff will transfer from Melitta Lodge to Currabeg.ā€

ā€œIt makes sense for us to pool our resources, our facilities, our staff, our horses, our ideas and our experience. We greatly look forward to this.ā€

Prendergast is thankful to his owners for their support until now and for backing the new venture.

ā€œI am deeply appreciative of all the owners that supported me over the years, the likes of Rick Barnes of Grangecon Stud, John Oā€™Connor at Ballylinch Stud and the Rogers family at Airlie Stud, and it is great that they are taking the next step with John and me. I canā€™t wait to get goingā€ states Prendergast.

ā€œSplitting the roles will enable us to focus more deliberately on the different elements that are needed in order to provide a more comprehensive offering to our owners.

ā€œVery little will change for Skitter Scatter. She will work on the same gallops she has always worked on, she will be ridden by the same jockey, Ronan Whelan. The only difference is that there will be an extra set of eyes on her. That those eyes belong to John Oxx is an obvious benefit.ā€

Oxx is obviously enthusiastic about working with Skitter Scatter but views the benefits of an amalgamation as long term.

ā€œI am delighted to have Patrick on board and am most appreciative and grateful to his owners, that they have welcomed the idea so wholeheartedly.ā€

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/other/john-oxx-and-patrick-prendergast-to-join-forces-in-training-dream-team-896999.html

I absolutely love this idea. Itā€™s a whole new adventure in Ireland (and Britain I believe?) but is quite successfully done in Australia. To make a dent against the dominance of Ballydoyle or to compete with Weld and Bolger etc. it takes brave moves. Thatā€™s what this is and I really hope it works out for them.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #292: Jan 12, 2019 07:19:36 pm
      Yeah sorry mate the ground turned against it...

Wee tip always good though . Hard to get the b***ard bookies ;D
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #293: Mar 15, 2019 01:37:18 pm
      Anyone had much luck at Cheltenham?

Doing quite well myself over the course of the week for a change.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #294: Apr 04, 2019 01:35:35 pm
      Anyone had much luck at Cheltenham?

Doing quite well myself over the course of the week for a change.

I ended up 60 up which I've reinvested for the Aintree festival. All good fun.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #295: Apr 06, 2019 07:24:58 pm
      Tiger Roll - first horse since Red Rum to win back to back Grand Nationals. An incredible achievement. What a horse!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #296: Apr 06, 2019 07:30:05 pm
      Tiger Roll - first horse since Red Rum to win back to back Grand Nationals. An incredible achievement. What a horse!

Two weeks ago i was backing it after watching it run at Cheltenham. Said to myself i'd get least 8/1 coz its the National. How wrong was i  :-\ Wouldn't back it at 4s 5s  :f_steam:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #297: Jul 05, 2019 06:31:59 pm
      John Mccirick passed away today. Coulourful character. Always on the side of the punter. Little bit past his sell by date towards the end of his career and found it difficult to deal with.

RIP John Mccirick
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #298: Oct 09, 2019 05:48:01 pm

Not greatd form mate . U know something i dont ? I will bet it anyway like ynwa

Quick Reply