Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Horse Racing

Read 83253 times
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Horse Racing
      Feb 24, 2010 10:58:47 am
      Working in this industry and loving it.The number one question I've been asked over the years is "Any tips ?"

Let me share my take on tips.If you had a race with 10 runners and had the 10 trainers sitting around a table.If say 7 probablely fancy their horse.Which one would you back?You are now 6/1 against picking the right trainer/winner.
      That is what your up against.

My advice.Go where the money's going.Register with At the races or  The Racingpost (both free)and check out "Market Movers" or "Best Backed" horses.

Please remember the number one enemy in gambling is GREED.Stick to a level stake that you are comfortable with. GOOD LUCK.

What are your stories on Gambling? 
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2012 03:06:41 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Title edit »
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Re: Horseracing.
      Reply #1: Feb 24, 2010 10:31:07 pm
      Going the National mate?

Betting has never really interested me apart from the big one at Aintree. Last year i put a tenner on Mon Mome & got 100 quid back, cant remember the odds though, reasonably happy with it ;D but it was just a fluke.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #2: May 15, 2010 09:05:02 am
      Threw a £1ew on Alloro last night for a laugh and it came home at 80/1 £98 back not bad for a laugh should have took the start price though 100/1 and put a few more shilling on.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: May 16, 2010 12:40:57 am
      Wahey !! Nice one El B, good stuff that.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #4: May 16, 2010 11:48:12 am
      One for smiggs there today Greek Islands 2:10 at Ripon worth a go.
      angusmccoatup
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | 12 
      Reply #5: Nov 14, 2010 10:16:19 pm
      Paul Hanagan recently won the flat jockeys championship.  He will receive his trophy at his beloved Anfield in a couple of weeks and is apparently more nervous about this than riding a fancied horse in the derby !
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Horse Racing.
      Reply #6: Feb 13, 2011 08:29:59 pm
      Tragedy struck (literally).Two horses dropped dead in the paddock at Newbury Racecourse whilst parading for the second race on the card.IIt is thought that both horses were electrocuted from a possible live cable under the ground.The rest of the meeting was abandoned due to safety reasons.The horses will be subjected to post mortems asap.
      Thoughts go out to all the connections of both horses.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Feb 13, 2011 08:38:14 pm
      ^^^ Saw that on Sky Sports news earlier today....absolutely tragic, to lose two beautiful race horses in such circumstances is dreadful.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #8: Mar 11, 2011 02:45:17 pm
      Working in this industry and loving it.The number one question I've been asked over the years is "Any tips ?"

Let me share my take on tips.If you had a race with 10 runners and had the 10 trainers sitting around a table.If say 7 probablely fancy their horse.Which one would you back?You are now 6/1 against picking the right trainer/winner.
      That is what your up against.

My advice.Go where the money's going.Register with At the races or  The Racingpost (both free)and check out "Market Movers" or "Best Backed" horses.

Please remember the number one enemy in gambling is GREED.Stick to a level stake that you are comfortable with. GOOD LUCK.

What are your stories on Gambling? 

Working in sport horses myself, still grandfather was a jockey and my mother worked in racing yards for years so i'm still big into racing! Great industry and a great sport.

Cheltenham next week should be good. Paddys day on Thursday as well so I'd say it will be serious craic there that day, especially if there's a good few Irish winners. The Champion Hurdle looks like it could be the best race of the week, some top class horses running in it this year.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #9: Mar 13, 2011 11:18:39 pm
      Bring on cheltenham cant wait.... get on the dunguib
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10: Mar 14, 2011 01:02:03 am
      Bring on cheltenham cant wait.... get on the dunguib

alright just did on your advice, better win or else  ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #11: Mar 14, 2011 11:58:48 pm
      Willie Mullins' horses are in great form coming into the festival this year. And Townend is a good strong rider that'll get a tune out of his horses.

Champion Hurdle tomorrow, Hurricane Fly and Menorah are the ones to beat there. But with Binocular out of it I don't think anything will beat them two if they get a clear run. I'd say €2 e/w on Bygones Of Bird won't go astray; gone from 10/1 to 200/1. :P
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #12: Mar 15, 2011 03:46:03 am
      +1 on dunguib have him 8-1 ew myself
      Carroll9
      • Banned

• 324 posts |
      Reply #13: Mar 15, 2011 10:50:39 am
      Going ladies day at Aintree on the 8th of april.

I no F**k all about horse racing, Im more interested in having a piss up and just choose the jockey in the maddest colours.

If anybody knows any runners worth having a bet on keep me updated please!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #14: Mar 15, 2011 07:10:44 pm
      Champion Hurdle tomorrow, Hurricane Fly and Menorah are the ones to beat there.

Well done hun  :gt-happyup:

Wish I'd of seen this yesterday, I put me money on Peddlars Cross 4/1  >:(

Any tips for tomorrow??
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: Mar 15, 2011 07:24:14 pm
      Just had a quick look for tomorrow, going with Sizing Europe - Queen Mother Champion Chase Odds   ;D
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #16: Mar 15, 2011 08:37:53 pm
      Well done hun  :gt-happyup:

Wish I'd of seen this yesterday, I put me money on Peddlars Cross 4/1  >:(

Any tips for tomorrow??

Had Peddlers Cross as well, thought he'd be a better return than Hurricane Fly. Done him e/w though so I got something back.

No tips as such. There's a serious field for the Queen Mother Champion Chase. Alot of good horses there. I'm going to be doing Golden Silver e/w. Master Minded looks a good shout after the start Ruby and Nicholls got off to today. I'm not a big fan of Big Zeb and personally can see him being beaten easily enough in that field.

Sizing Europe is a decent shout too. Yet to get a win this season but capable of it tomorrow.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #17: Mar 16, 2011 07:54:54 am
      Done well yesterday, was up about about 150. My 2 bankers of the day were Hurricane fly and Quevega, both phenominal animals, quevega wasn't even touched by Ruby and still won easy peasy!
      Still have 3 days to go but it's a good start none the less  :)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #18: Mar 16, 2011 09:42:45 am
      Just given a tip there, Ballyhaunis in the Coral Cup at 4:00. Probably do him e/w though, Mullins has another horse in it as well, Call The Police, and he has Ruby riding it. Can't see him giving Ruby a ride on a horse that he doesn't expect to come in. But saying that he has Townend on Ballyhaunis, and he's no mug either. A Mullins one-two finish might be a good bet?

Also Time For Rupert in the RSA Chase at 2:40. But he's already gone to the 9/4 favourite so the cat is out of the bag with him.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #19: Mar 16, 2011 01:47:20 pm
      Winner in the first! Good start for lucky 15
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20: Mar 16, 2011 02:54:04 pm
      Tip me up lads. Looking at the fields now and no idea who to pick :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Mar 16, 2011 02:59:52 pm
      To the Aussies, whose as excited as i am to read this? Resumes in his pet distance. Will win by 5L.

http://www.justhorseracing.com.au/news/international-racing/so-you-think-to-possibly-start-campaign-on-april-3/
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #22: Mar 16, 2011 04:26:01 pm
      Plan A in 4.40 Cheltenham crouchy mate! Although ye might not be wise to listen to me, only picked one winner so far ;D

Quick Reply