Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Man United Transfer spending

Read 6744 times
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Man United Transfer spending
      May 31, 2007 12:09:28 pm
      theyve gone and spent £17 million on Nani (according to SSN) Benitez is right in saying we need to move quicker...he said that if we havent signed anyone in a week he would be very disapointed.

we need to move quicker!  Malouda Simao Alves and Eto'o we need to sign them NOW.

[/rant]
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2007 02:22:08 pm by JD »
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Re: Man united again
      Reply #1: May 31, 2007 12:38:15 pm
      theyve also signed hargreaves aswell we need to start buying players if we want to challenge for the premiership
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • Everywhere leads to somewhere
      Reply #2: May 31, 2007 12:43:30 pm
      Parry pull your finger out and get on the case.... Every day since the final i look at everything and nothing... yet the manc's are :hate: at it already...Hurry up or we will be left behind.... :mixed-smiley-009:
      Serenity
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • Red Red Everywhere, and they can't do a thing
      Reply #3: May 31, 2007 02:00:36 pm
      We've signed a few players, around 5 or 6.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: May 31, 2007 03:04:13 pm
      Ok, let's not start to panic.
      FFS, the season has just ended, and I believe Rafa is still deciding who is best to fit the job.
      We have the money, we have the history and we have an immense attraction to all players now.
      United have signed 3 players - big f'in deal. - they were not linked to Liverpool.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #5: May 31, 2007 03:51:09 pm
      Hello to you all......... didn't i write an article regards to this transfer matter yesterday......... i m a getting sick and TIRED of all the gossip that surrounds liverpool and who we are to sign, is it not the same every summer............

i was right too, yesterday when i wrote about my frustrations as to all the talk....... talk......... and more talk......... no action, and we all know what Mr Benitez thinks,,,,,,,,,, he has said it too,,,,,,,,,, talk.......talk.... and more talk.............

Seriously it is getting pathetic now,,,,,,,,,, Scott parker is nearly on the verge of a 8 mill move to a ordinary club like West Ham,,,,,,,, and we cant even sign AND secure Simao,,,,,,,,, who is ready to move and has been a long term target of Rafa's,,,,,,,,,, the season has ended there too,,,,,,,,,,please lets not say.... calm down,,,,,,,,,, why should we the markets open whats going on.........

its not as if the take over has just happen ether!!! we have know for some time that the take over will effect the plans for players in and out too.............. ??? ??? ???

if any one can not agree with me i would be totally amazed, there is no reason to say the transfer market has just opened,,,,,,,, if we really did have targets then why hasn't there been the action of aggressive deals to secure these so called players who have been marked out as the missing link

..............I'm am worried because i have been here before,,,,,,,, same old speculation and nothing,,,,,,,, why haven't we got out Bellamy yet,,,,,,,,,, villa and others are interested,,,,,,, just get rid of him even if it is for 9 mill which i would not pay that for him,,,,,,,, villa will and were going to do so in Jan transfer window.........
       bellamy would still make us 3 mill profit.........

were is the quick business and aggressive dealings we need to push on,,,,,,,,, at this rate don't think about eto or anyone else it seems right now ,,,,,,,, be ready for Owen or Defoe,,,,,,,,, >:( >:( >:(
      wells aid jekko,,,,,,,,,,,, well said mate............ ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #6: May 31, 2007 03:56:10 pm
      Hello to you all......... didn't I write an article regards to this transfer matter yesterday......... I m a getting sick and TIRED of all the gossip that surrounds liverpool and who we are to sign, is it not the same every summer............

I was right too, yesterday when I wrote about my frustrations as to all the talk....... talk......... and more talk......... no action, and we all know what Mr Benitez thinks,,,,,,,,,, he has said it too,,,,,,,,,, talk.......talk.... and more talk.............

Seriously it is getting pathetic now,,,,,,,,,, Scott parker is nearly on the verge of a 8 mill move to a ordinary club like West Ham,,,,,,,, and we cant even sign AND secure Simao,,,,,,,,, who is ready to move and has been a long term target of Rafa's,,,,,,,,,, the season has ended there too,,,,,,,,,,please lets not say.... calm down,,,,,,,,,, why should we the markets open whats going on.........

its not as if the take over has just happen ether!!! we have know for some time that the take over will effect the plans for players in and out too.............. ??? ??? ???

if any one can not agree with me I would be totally amazed, there is no reason to say the transfer market has just opened,,,,,,,, if we really did have targets then why hasn't there been the action of aggressive deals to secure these so called players who have been marked out as the missing link

..............I'm am worried because I have been here before,,,,,,,, same old speculation and nothing,,,,,,,, why haven't we got out Bellamy yet,,,,,,,,,, villa and others are interested,,,,,,, just get rid of him even if it is for 9 mill which I would not pay that for him,,,,,,,, villa will and were going to do so in Jan transfer window.........

were is the quick business and aggressive dealings we need to push on,,,,,,,,, at this rate don't think about eto or anyone else it seems right now ,,,,,,,, be ready for Owen or Defoe,,,,,,,,, >:( >:( >:(

Why are you so worried about West Ham getting Parker samcharles. It's not as if he would be on Rafa's wish list for the summer! I'm not too worried just yet as I feel that there will be a few deals done in the next couple of weeks. If Rafa is targeting a stiker or any other player from the spanish league it may be a couple of weeks before those deals are done due to the league finishing later than the rest. Also with regards to Simao I don't think he has signed for anyone else yet so it's not as if we have missed out on him. As I said before if he is on Rafa's list then I expect the deal to be done in the next 1-2 weeks. Also people are getting carried away because other clubs have signed players but this is only relevant if it is a target of Rafa's which he has missed out on and so far I don't think this is the case with any of the signings the other clubs have made so far.
      By the way what is it with all the commas and full stops. It is driving me mad when I'm trying to read your posts!!
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #7: May 31, 2007 04:02:19 pm
      serenity................ dont make me laugh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  we are not doing what we should be doing............. liverpool fans are waiting and its getting to the crunch time,,,,,,,,,,, we have to get on in life and make waves,,,,,,, Rafa needs to be backed and strongly :o
      srslfc,,,,,,,,, ok buddy i will taylor the dots and the bits and bobs, thanks mate :D
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: May 31, 2007 04:04:07 pm
      Hello to you all......... didn't I write an article regards to this transfer matter yesterday......... I m a getting sick and TIRED of all the gossip that surrounds liverpool and who we are to sign, is it not the same every summer............

I was right too, yesterday when I wrote about my frustrations as to all the talk....... talk......... and more talk......... no action, and we all know what Mr Benitez thinks,,,,,,,,,, he has said it too,,,,,,,,,, talk.......talk.... and more talk.............

if any one can not agree with me I would be totally amazed, there is no reason to say the transfer market has just opened,,,,,,,, if we really did have targets then why hasn't there been the action of aggressive deals to secure these so called players who have been marked out as the missing link

..............I'm am worried because I have been here before,,,,,,,, same old speculation and nothing,,,,,,,, why haven't we got out Bellamy yet,,,,,,,,,, villa and others are interested,,,,,,, just get rid of him even if it is for 9 mill which I would not pay that for him,,,,,,,, villa will and were going to do so in Jan transfer window.........

TBH the only one I would agree you have a point about is Bellamy. We won't need him next season & there's no reason the transfer can't go ahead from our point of view, but we don't know if Villa are stalling. With regards to Simao, we are trying to send Cisse the other way & it's understandable that a complex transfer like that will take a bit of time. I believe our other major signings are going to come from La Liga & that's why they haven't been sorted yet.

It's still early days, personally I'll start panicking if there's been no activity a fortnight after the end of the Spanish season.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: May 31, 2007 04:18:21 pm

Three months ago LFC were about a hundred million in debt and looked like they would be buying players from the bargain basement again, then on the 27th March the takeover was completed and the new owners have started to rebuild financial damage caused through years of poor transfer dealings and even worse financial investment.
      Just because all these massive amounts of money are being talked about it doesn't mean we should start rushing out spending £30m on Eto'o or Villa, yes we want them but at the right price and on our terms.
      Rumour and speculation is part of any close season but to be worried and panicking a week after our season has ended is bordering on the ridiculous, Rafa has had talks and from what I have heard was prepared to walk if he wasn't given the backing he wants, he hasn't resigned yet so I would say he is happy with the situation and maybe a bit more patience is called for as we aren't playing Championship Manager were you buy players at the click of the button, so have faith because the best things are worth waiting for and if nothing happens big transfer wise come back in August and you can tell me "told you so" then.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 342 posts |
      Reply #10: May 31, 2007 04:22:46 pm
      i suppose it might be getting kept hushed up because Chelsea are after Alves and Villa. Manure are after Eto'o so maybe we're keeping it hushed up to prevent a bidding war or something.

although i dont see why the selling clubs wouldnt want that.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #11: May 31, 2007 05:07:27 pm
      GUYS I KNOW DEALS TAKE TIME,,,,,,,, I WORK AS A NEW ACCOUNT DEVELOPER IN SALES AND THINGS ARE SLOW IN SOME DEPARTMENTS IN NEGOTIATING BUT THERE SLOW AND SLOW,,,,,,, I AGREE WITH YOU THOUGH IF IT WAS THE END OF THE SUMMER AND WE HADNT GOT AT LEAST 2 OF OUR TARGETS THEN THE KNIVES ARE OUT,,,,, SO I AGREE THERES NO NEED TO PANIC AND I KNOW THAT ITS NOT CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER,,,,,,,,,,,,, OKAY

HOWEVER THERES DOING THINGS AND THEN THERES ACTIVITY,,,,,, ::) I UNDERSTAND THAT OTHER CLUBS CAN COUNTER OFFER AND AS I SAID ITS NOT JUST GOING OUT AND GETTING THE PLAYERS SIGNED.

IT IS COMPEX PUTTING DEALS TOGETHER, THINKING ABOUT BALANCING THE BOOK S AT THE SAME TIME,,, I.E WAGES / BONUS / AND GENERAL DEMANDS THAT THESE FOOTBALLERS MAKE NOWDAYS.............
      Cy
      Reply #12: May 31, 2007 05:30:39 pm
      I think Glenbuck got it spot on there. RAFA knows that he'll have funds, he also knows that he is wanted and that his demands will be accepted, the season has just finish, the spanish season is still on and we all know that players like eto'o for example won't start talking about transferts before the end of their season, Barcelona is still in course for the tilte so the player mind will be focused on that only for the moment.

We all know too that timing is crucial in deals and with our history, our plans and money we are a very attractive package for any players so we don't need to panicking because West ham or united are buying, Hargreaves was always going to united so wow big surprise there as for Parker re-wow he is signing at west ham... ::) big deal..

Rafa knows better then any of us the way to make deals with the spanish league players so let's trust the man.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2007 05:35:54 pm by Cy »
      Serenity
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • Red Red Everywhere, and they can't do a thing
      Reply #13: May 31, 2007 06:11:57 pm
      serenity................ dont make me laugh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  we are not doing what we should be doing............. liverpool fans are waiting and its getting to the crunch time,,,,,,,,,,, we have to get on in life and make waves,,,,,,, Rafa needs to be backed and strongly :o
      srslfc,,,,,,,,, ok buddy I will taylor the dots and the bits and bobs, thanks mate :D

Of course we need players to come right into the first team...but I don't feel its time to panic
      wait until at least 2 weeks after the season ends....THEN panic  ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #14: May 31, 2007 07:36:16 pm
      Has anyone thought what players do after a long season ??
      F' me, I know what I'd do - go on holiday !!!

Stop going on about why we haven't bought anyone yet, apart from the urinals and Portsmouth - no-one has.
      PANIC   PANIC   PANIC   PANIC   PANIC  ;)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: May 31, 2007 07:39:15 pm

Stop going on about why we haven't bought anyone yet, apart from the urinals and Portsmouth - no-one has.
      PANIC   PANIC   PANIC   PANIC   PANIC  ;)

We've bought Lucas haven't we?

TBH the money spent on someone who no-one can say is a player we desperately needed encourages me as to the level of funding that will be available this summer.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #16: May 31, 2007 08:00:37 pm
      We've bought Lucas haven't we?

TBH the money spent on someone who no-one can say is a player we desperately needed encourages me as to the level of funding that will be available this summer.

Sorry Eddie, yes we've bought Lucas.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #17: May 31, 2007 08:42:25 pm
      I dont think we should rush into panic buys yes utd have signed these 3 player but will they get a game?not every week anyways,whose to say they wont flop at utd look at Kleberson he was the next big thing where is he now?
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #18: May 31, 2007 11:00:03 pm
      TBH I don't think the fans are the only one's who are frustrated.  Twice now Rafa has come out publicly saying that not enough is being done.

Parry has got stop penny pinching!!!!!

If Benitez has a players that he wants, get them Parry and stop pissing around!!!  Then we can all see what Benitez can really do.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #19: Jun 01, 2007 07:23:58 am
      TBH the only one I would agree you have a point about is Bellamy. We won't need him next season & there's no reason the transfer can't go ahead from our point of view, but we don't know if Villa are stalling. With regards to Simao, we are trying to send Cisse the other way & it's understandable that a complex transfer like that will take a bit of time. I believe our other major signings are going to come from La Liga & that's why they haven't been sorted yet.

It's still early days, personally I'll start panicking if there's been no activity a fortnight after the end of the Spanish season.

Hi, back of my holls. its not often i agree with EddieC, but on this one i have to say he has got it right, I think are big signing will come from Spain, so we will have to wait a few weeks yet to see who it is.
      Naza05
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 01, 2007 07:55:44 am
      I also have to agree with Eddie it's just killing me waiting i can't wait to see the big boys come in and i definitely can't wait for the season to start
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #21: Jun 01, 2007 09:33:53 am
      doesn't matter when they're signed as long as its in the next month. no one will officially join till 1st july. so long as we've got who ever it may be for the start of pre season training, thats whats important
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22: Jun 01, 2007 09:44:24 am

PANIC   PANIC   PANIC   PANIC   PANIC  ;)

spot on mrtommo....I would have started to panic too...but then I remembered RAFA is on a short holiday himself......that's gotta say something. He's got somethin big up his sleeve, unfortunately it wasn't a watch for his wife :(, but something big is gonna happen very soon.

Quick Reply