Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Well Done S.O.S - SOS Billboards in Liverpool

Read 15949 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: Well Done S.O.S - SOS Billboards in Liverpool
      Reply #23: Mar 02, 2010 04:07:47 pm
      LFC would never allow that in a million years.
      I mean on the outside wall of the kop,get the projector set up on the chip shop roof.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #24: Mar 02, 2010 04:12:49 pm
      I mean on the outside wall of the kop,get the projector set up on the chip shop roof.

They'd get the rozzers out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #25: Mar 02, 2010 04:28:32 pm
      Better give BANKSY a ring! anyone got his number?
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #26: Mar 02, 2010 04:29:21 pm
      I don't want to be critical - but wouldn't these be better in Texas' High Street?

I'd imagine most Liverpool fans who see that poster already know the score with Tom and George.

Just a thought.

Why, its amazing how many people don't understand tom and George in this city, USA or Texas have no interest in soccer nevermind these two cowboys.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #27: Mar 02, 2010 09:10:17 pm
      I wonder what a full page advert in the Echo would cost?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Mar 03, 2010 02:29:47 am
      I'd imagine most Liverpool fans who see that poster already know the score with Tom and George.

It's one thing knowing the score about Tom and George. It's another thing choosing between sitting there on the Cabbage wall having a pint whilst fellow reds get off their arse and try do something about tom and george. As you well know (another boss day that was).

Unfortunately, there's too many reds who are happy to sit there and talk about things rather than act. Rather than getting up and making a difference in whatever way possible.

Reckon some people need it starring them in the face to remind them be honest.
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #29: Mar 03, 2010 10:00:36 am
      Well is made the Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/03/03/liverpool-fans-take-anti-gillett-and-hicks-campaign-to-billboards-100252-25949928/

Liverpool fans take anti-Gillett and Hicks campaign to billboards
      Mar 3 2010 by Luke Traynor, Liverpool Echo
      Add a commentRecommend
      Liverpool fans take anti-Gillett and Hicks campaign to billboards
      LIVERPOOL FC fans campaigning against the club’s American owners have taken their protest to the streets.

A number of billboards have sprung up on major routes into the city, calling for the resignation of Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The posters, the brainchild of supporters union Spirit Of Shankly (SOS), are emblazoned with the message: “Tom and George, Debt, Lies, Cowboys. Not welcome here.”

Around five are thought to have been rolled out so far, with another five expected to complete a total of 10.

They are located prominently in Prescot Road, at its junction with Green Lane; Vauxhall Road, in Kirkdale; and Derby Road, near Sandhills Lane.

One is set to be erected at Lime Street station taxi rank, with another predicted for Queen Square bus station in coming days.

SOS spokesman Jay McKenna said: “The message is to remind people Hicks and Gillett are not welcome here.

“It educates about what we think they are doing to our club and the feedback so far is very positive.”

The group also moved to end growing speculation that a joint Liverpool and Manchester United fan protest could take place outside Old Trafford when the teams meet on March 21.

A recent report in a Manchester newspaper suggested supporters were seriously considering joining forces and had held secret meetings to protest against their respective American owners, and their tactics of saddling both clubs with debt.

The matter was discussed at last weekend’s SOS AGM, during which the matter was unequivocally ruled out.

The SOS spokesman added: “There will be no joint protest. It is not something which would be workable.

“We will be discussing ways of moving forward and how we can stand together.”

Considering the hostile rivalry which still exists between both clubs, the idea immediately prompted raised eyebrows among fans.

But due to the animosity between supporters, and despite some reports to the contrary, the issue has never been seriously entertained.

Liverpool fans are likely to attend a Football Supporters Federation event in London tomorrow entitled Sit Down, Shut Up: Are Football Supporters Discriminated Against
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Mar 03, 2010 10:28:28 am

A recent report in a Manchester newspaper suggested supporters were seriously considering joining forces and had held secret meetings to protest against their respective American owners, and their tactics of saddling both clubs with debt.

Panic stations at Old Trafford. Surely things will never get so bad as to warrent standing shoulder to shoulder with a manc.... shudders at the thought that we're not as far off as I might hope
      Oh and well done S.O.S.
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #31: Mar 03, 2010 02:08:07 pm
      No. Union made a statement on Sunday
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #32: Mar 03, 2010 03:53:52 pm
      Getting coverage on SSN this is.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #33: Mar 03, 2010 05:49:17 pm

Just seen that  ;D

Made up its being covered by the media.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #34: Mar 03, 2010 06:02:32 pm
      Fisrt off - well done!!! Superb stuff...

USA or Texas have no interest in soccer nevermind these two cowboys.

I agree - in Texas no one cares about the plight of LFC - however this would be amazing!

http://bigredbusads.net/

Its called big red bus adds - they have an old routemaster they drive around Dallas Texas, they could put the add on the side and get it to follow them for a few days (might have to take off the cowboys bit, that might not go down to well with the locals!) - I would definatly chip in if for this!!! Prices start at $399...
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #35: Mar 03, 2010 06:19:02 pm
      Thanks Passport mate, I'll pass that info on to the committee.

« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2010 04:10:33 am by redkenny, Reason: Fixed the pic »
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      • http://kitster29.deviantart.com/
      Reply #36: Mar 03, 2010 07:01:18 pm
      Brilliant, do you think if we email them pictures of these, they will give the same response that Hicks Jnr did
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #37: Mar 03, 2010 07:28:42 pm
      Billboards:

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #38: Mar 04, 2010 01:05:04 pm
      Fans in Liverpool use billboards to bash Tom Hicks

For those worried that owner Tom Hicks is having too much fun with his acquisition of Liverpool FC to focus on the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers, think again. Hicks' reception from fans of the Reds still isn't so rosy.

As yet another reminder of that fact, billboards were recently erected in England's Merseyside city so that Liverpool fans could see what they're missing, from the Spirit of Shankly Liverpool Supporters Group.

Tom is our own Tom Hicks, and George is his ownership partner George Gillett.

Information on what the words represent can be found on their Web site.

In Dallas news today. Check out the comments below the article as well.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/03/fans-in-liverpool-use-billboards-to-bash.html
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #39: Mar 04, 2010 01:12:03 pm
      http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/03/tom_hicks_gets_a_billboard_in.php

Here as well, looks like some good publicity over the pond as well! Brilliant!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #40: Mar 04, 2010 02:14:12 pm
      Left my opinion on there too.

I urge anyone else to do the same on any articles you see. The more support we can build up the better.

Also, the 'Cowboys' reference isn't going down too well with the locals.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Mar 04, 2010 02:40:54 pm
      Posted by StarsRule @ 2:42 PM Wed, Mar 03, 2010
      Well, well, I had heard that "Little Tommy Tucker" was not liked in the UK but, boy, they REALLY don't like him. Can't see that I blame them. He took something that was good and is turning it into a shambles, kind of like the money, (or lack thereof) situation here. The first thing on my Christmas list this year is that we get a new owner. Yes, I've heard about all the wonderful things he did to build the Stars but how much time has he spent with this investment. Why would anyone think he would go to another country to take care of another investment. He is a "wanna-be" Texas big shot, and to be that you have to be an owner of sport/s teams, or so he thinks. Tom, it is time to go bye-bye and PLEASEeeeeeeee take TURCO with you, IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!! I don't appreciate the taking of money, or withholding money, from these teams to pay his debts. They are HIS debts, so own up Tom. You knew what you were doing when you did it. Bye-bye again, Tom and Turco!

Glad to see Hicks is consistent anyway.
      Destroying clubs wordwide
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #42: Mar 04, 2010 02:43:25 pm
      Yeah the cowboys upset one

Posted by Brandon B @ 10:18 PM Wed, Mar 03, 2010

What the heck do cowboys have to do with anything? Tom and George aren't cowboys by any means. Maybe we ought to put up billboards saying toothless limeys aren't welcome here.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #43: Mar 04, 2010 03:54:03 pm
      H&G will be trembling in their boots
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #44: Mar 04, 2010 06:56:14 pm
      That is F***ing brilliant. If anything, it will promote their cause and maybe they will get a bit more media attention, thus leading to more pressure being put on the Cowboys.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Mar 04, 2010 07:09:03 pm

Wonder if knotty girl is Hicks juniour.

Quick Reply