Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Player Contracts

Read 1256 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Player Contracts
      Dec 21, 2023 12:41:53 pm
      With Thiago, Matip and Adrián out of contract at the end of the year,
      and presuming they all leave at the end of their contracts,
      the club really needs to work on the three players whose contracts
      run out at the end of the 2024/2025, namely van Dijk, Trent and Salah.

Arguably bigger than any signing the club could make in the meantime.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Player Contracts
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2023 12:53:58 pm

I can see thiago and Matip getting 1 yr extensions.

Read a cool thing about the younger players contracts, they are banned from buying big cars. no flash cars till they are over 21 or something like that.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #2: Dec 22, 2023 05:44:22 am

Read a cool thing about the younger players contracts, they are banned from buying big cars. no flash cars till they are over 21 or something like that.

Just my opinion mate but the idea of extend Thiago contract is nothing but a definite mad.

I'm not against Joel's though.

Thank you about the info of the youngsters contract which surely for the best of our youg boys.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Dec 22, 2023 09:21:20 am
      Just my opinion mate but the idea of extend Thiago contract is nothing but a definite mad.

Thank you about the info of the youngsters contract which surely for the best of our youg boys.

I think he will want to give us something back after being out for so long, and I think the club will be happy to do that, so long as the hip has healed properly.

But maybe when he is fit in January the last 5 months will satisfy himself and the club.

Time will tell.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #4: Mar 19, 2024 09:31:00 pm

Why not extend Adrian another year too? He's a very solid third choice keeper and saves us having to buy another player
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #5: Mar 19, 2024 11:31:26 pm
      Why not extend Adrian another year too? He's a very solid third choice keeper and saves us having to buy another player

I've got nothing against Adrian and he seems very well liked within the squad. But I can see 2 obvious reasons:

1. Wages
      2. Homegrown quotas

We don't need to buy another keeper, we already have a few youngsters that can easily take the third spot (Davies would be my choice, but there are others).
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Mar 21, 2024 04:03:46 pm

It's very possible.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #7: Mar 21, 2024 06:39:35 pm

As long as he remains just a cheerleader! I don't think he's that bad actually as third choice (he is a great character and will barely play) but second has to be pretty strong to provide proper cover. I gather Pitasliga hasnt had the best time on loan and can see Kelleher wanting full time duties.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 80 
      Reply #8: Mar 21, 2024 06:59:29 pm

Just no.

We have about 50 keepers in reserve lying in wait, I've not watched of them play but I'm possible at least 49 of them are better than Adrian. The dude gets 60k a week which is crazy for a 3rd choice keeper anywhere in the world.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 80 
      Reply #9: Mar 21, 2024 07:02:45 pm

Not worried about Trent or Van Dijk, a contract extension takes minutes to sign provided both parties want the same outcome so there's no rush at all.

Matip will hopefully get another year but my gut feeling is he'll be off.

Given the uncertainty for some time now around Salah and the inevitable re-approach from the Saudi's, the club will have a huge decision to make in a few months.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #10: Mar 22, 2024 10:30:44 pm
      Just no.

We have about 50 keepers in reserve lying in wait, I've not watched of them play but I'm possible at least 49 of them are better than Adrian. The dude gets 60k a week which is crazy for a 3rd choice keeper anywhere in the world.

what does his wages have to do with you? Our other keeper is playing for relegation fodder in the Irish premier league. Adrian has premier league experience i'd rather hold on to him till the other 49 (who are they?) are up to scratch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: Mar 23, 2024 07:20:03 pm
      I see Madrid have started their click-bait sh*te about Trent
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #12: Mar 24, 2024 10:05:18 am
      I see Madrid have started their click-bait sh*te about Trent

Maybe Trent has started it to help his contract negotiations. Happens all the time, agents got to earn their money.

We have been linked to Musiala recently; he is negotiating a new contract at Bayern.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Mar 24, 2024 11:09:57 am
      Maybe Trent has started it to help his contract negotiations. Happens all the time, agents got to earn their money.

We have been linked to Musiala recently; he is negotiating a new contract at Bayern.

Trent hasn't started F**k all, all the rumours are from Madrid, same game they played with Owen. Put all the noises out about signing him when his contract runs out.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #14: Mar 24, 2024 02:46:11 pm
      Trent hasn't started F**k all, all the rumours are from Madrid, same game they played with Owen. Put all the noises out about signing him when his contract runs out.

I'm not saying Trent wants to leave, I think he'll sign a new contract and will be at Liverpool for years. But a few rumours could probably help the negotiations for a bit of extra cash.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #15: Mar 24, 2024 02:52:27 pm
      I'm not saying Trent wants to leave, I think he'll sign a new contract and will be at Liverpool for years. But a few rumours could probably help the negotiations for a bit of extra cash.
      Would you care to explain how a few rumours could influence negotiations for more money.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #16: Mar 25, 2024 08:04:17 pm
      Would you care to explain how a few rumours could influence negotiations for more money.

Trent is 25, coming into his peak years as a player and probably as a wage earner.i assume his next contract will probably be about 5 years to take him to the age of 30.
      I think he has always wanted to spend his career at Liverpool, captain the team and rack up 100s of appearances.

We've recently got Edwards back and a new DOF. Their main priority will be the new manager obviously but renewing the contract of Trent VVD and Mo will be high on the list.
      I'm a big fan of Trent, always been supportive and never had a meltdown when we have conceded a goal allegedly due to his defensive weaknesses. I'm quite happy for him to try to get himself a decent wage in the negotiations which are probably happening already. He'll be in the last year of his contract soon and plenty of fans will be getting very anxious about it; like the Mo saga a couple of years ago.

My original comment only said maybe he started the rumours himself and I was not being entirely serious. He's going to get a lot of money, maybe 150-200k per week. If the club thinks there is a possibility that he will leave they might pay a bit more. Running down the contract helps his negotiations, a few rumours linking him to Madrid is probably helpful as well
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2024 08:19:21 pm by gazred »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #17: Mar 25, 2024 10:58:52 pm
      Trent is 25, coming into his peak years as a player and probably as a wage earner.i assume his next contract will probably be about 5 years to take him to the age of 30.
      I think he has always wanted to spend his career at Liverpool, captain the team and rack up 100s of appearances.

We've recently got Edwards back and a new DOF. Their main priority will be the new manager obviously but renewing the contract of Trent VVD and Mo will be high on the list.
      I'm a big fan of Trent, always been supportive and never had a meltdown when we have conceded a goal allegedly due to his defensive weaknesses. I'm quite happy for him to try to get himself a decent wage in the negotiations which are probably happening already. He'll be in the last year of his contract soon and plenty of fans will be getting very anxious about it; like the Mo saga a couple of years ago.

My original comment only said maybe he started the rumours himself and I was not being entirely serious. He's going to get a lot of money, maybe 150-200k per week. If the club thinks there is a possibility that he will leave they might pay a bit more. Running down the contract helps his negotiations, a few rumours linking him to Madrid is probably helpful as well
      The Club will undoubtedly want him to sign a new long term deal. Ultimately with a player of Trent's standing it will come down to what fits his ambitions for the rest of his career. He will have an idea of what position he wants to play and * if LFC agree to playing him in that position, then I suspect he'll sign a new contract. He will trust his agent to get the best £ they can secure, The Club will have skilled negotiators whose job will be to secure the signature, for what they believe benefits both player and Club. I don't think rumour mills or running down contracts come into it....these are elite, and rare talents...they don't hang around in the grubby football backstreets....and ultimately get what they want.

*If LFC don't agree with Trent's idea of where and how he wants to play....then (I suspect) he'll move on, regardless of £
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #18: Yesterday at 12:32:19 pm
      Absolutely shameless for this guy to say anything after his son missed that breakaway against City.

Luis Diaz is a solid winger but he isn’t even remotely close to being world class. Wouldn’t lose any sleep at all if LFC sold him in the summer
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19: Yesterday at 12:34:54 pm
      Absolutely shameless for this guy to say anything after his son missed that breakaway against City.

Luis Diaz is a solid winger but he isn’t even remotely close to being world class. Wouldn’t lose any sleep at all if LFC sold him in the summer

What are you talking about
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #20: Yesterday at 01:35:06 pm

A new contract for thiago 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣  . Some really are up for punishment arnt they.

22m over the past 2 seasons for zero return. Wasnt alot of return before that. Lets give him another 11m eh. Loads of cash to throw around 🙄.

Lets be clear, gini wijnaldum ... a man that actually contributed something to this club, a player who is far superior to thiago, played 50plus games a season ... wasnt given a new deal by this club that he felt he deserved. That was under michael edwards. No way on earth the new regime is giving anything to thiago. He will head to saudi and pick up millions there for doing nothing. And good luck to him as well. But he wont be here next season.

Matip is a tough one. Again hes contributed alot here. And he was playing well this season as well. Id like to see him stay, but with the emergence of Quansah ... along with Virg, Joey and Konate ... hed be 5th choice. If hes happy with that ... id keep him. Good depth and he will get his games especially with Joe covering at full back quite alot.

Quick Reply