Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

World Cup Memories

Read 4910 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: World Cup Memories
      Reply #23: Mar 06, 2010 04:30:37 pm
      I can just about remember us winning it in '66 although at 6 years old I didn't really understand why it was such a big thing for my Dad. 

Linekers first goal at the '86 finals I remember vividly as I scared my baby son half to death.  He was 6 mths old, fast to sleep on my knee and nearly hit the ceiling as I threw him up when the ball hit the net.

The rest of my WC memories are all disappointments.  Failing to win on penalties, twice, stupid, unnecessary sending's off when we were cruising, injuries to key players either just before the finals started or during the early stages and worse still failing to qualify in '74.

I just hope this time we do ourselves justice, put on a good show for the fans and all LFC players return unharmed.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #24: Mar 06, 2010 04:43:18 pm
      All my memories are coming in 97 days time.Ive managed to get my hands on some tickets

Spain vs Honduras
      Netherlands vs Denmark
      1 of the quarter final games

Cant wait for June to come.

I just want to say well done to SA for all the hardwork.Job well done.

Dude, awesome, I'm going to Netherlands - Denmark too! Also going to Cameroon - Netherlands, Brazil - Côte d'Ivoire and Argentina - Nigeria. Also have tickets for a semi finals game, which will hopefully feature us dutchies if we become 1st in our group and get through the quarters. Even if I wasn't dutch I'd still be pumped.

And my big world cup memory would be Holland - Brazil in 1994, we lost, but what a game that was. And then in 1998 we lost again against Brazil on penalties, broke my heart :P But still, nice memories, beautiful games. Also, the quarter finals in 1998, against Argentina, fantastic goal by Bergkamp too:

Bergkamp - Holanda vs Argentina 1998

Some of my favourites are...
      - Holland vs Portugal (one of my favourite matches ever), never forget Deco and Gio, both Barça players then, together after being sent off:

I agree, what a game, there's alot of hatred between us and Portugal :laugh: I blame C**t Ronaldo and Figo, bas**rds.

The Netherlands vs Portugal: The Fouls

Have to add that my best memories are from European Cups.
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2010 06:09:25 pm by Dexter »
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #25: Mar 06, 2010 04:47:52 pm
      Maxi's goal againts Mexico

Maxi Rodriguez Extra Time Goal vs Mexico (2-1)

Joe Cole againts Sweden

Joe Cole goal vs Sweden
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 08, 2010 05:14:17 am
      Thats great mate! I cant wait for 2014, gonna be amazing... a World Cup final only 10 minutes from my home ;D

And then in 2016, the Olympic Games in my city. Cant wait!!
      You guys have some busy times ahead.Well done Brazil on getting the 2 biggest tourneys around.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #27: Mar 09, 2010 06:32:33 pm
      My first Memories are England Vs Argentina Worlde Cup 96 David Beckham kicking out when on the floor then getting sent off Class

Quick Reply