Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Who will win the title ?

Read 10916 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Re: Who will win the title ?
      Reply #115: Mar 25, 2010 02:27:14 pm
      Is right Joey they got strength in depth and don't rely on F***ing stupid referees to win games or they don't get away with as much.
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2010 02:35:31 pm by stuey »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #116: Mar 25, 2010 03:59:43 pm
      Is right Joey they got strength in depth and don't rely on f**king stupid referees to win games or they don't get away with as much.

You know it evens its self out over a season mate  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #117: Mar 25, 2010 04:10:49 pm
      That's why they're hated so much Keith over time the mancs benefit so much from erroneous judgement and have come to rely on and nurture the practice of deception to obtain the decisions.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #118: Mar 25, 2010 05:56:21 pm
      Was thinking earlier. What if Chelsea have to beat us in order to win the league and we have to beat them in order to secure 4th place. What would you take, The Mancs winning number 19 and us getting CL or Chelsea win it and we miss out on CL?

Excluding Arsenal from this because we don't have to play them.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #119: Mar 25, 2010 06:13:26 pm
      Was thinking earlier. What if Chelsea have to beat us in order to win the league and we have to beat them in order to secure 4th place. What would you take, The Mancs winning number 19 and us getting CL or Chelsea win it and we miss out on CL?

Excluding Arsenal from this because we don't have to play them.

I've been thinking about that alot and it's a horrible one.
      But i'd take 4th place. What if Man U win the champions league next season and we're wondering if we could've stopped them but weren't in the competition to do so.

I really hope it doesn't come down to that scenario though
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #120: Mar 25, 2010 08:40:30 pm
      I'd settle for 5th if it stops the Scum taking our record ! a 19th title is set in stone, a 4th place finish only gives us a shot at the champions League and on our form this season it gaurantees nothing !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #121: Mar 26, 2010 01:37:39 am
      That's why they're hated so much Keith over time the mancs benefit so much from erroneous judgement and have come to rely on and nurture the practice of deception to obtain the decisions.

I remember when Liverpool were doing what United have done for the last 20 years... ie dominate English football in the 70s / 80s. Liverpool were the most hated club in football  :( "Why" cos they were the most successful team in English football as well as doing very well in Europe... I honestly believe success brings hatered to any club, doesn't matter where, be it Liverpool, Manchester, London etc etc.

I think its sad because i'm a believer in watching quality football. Livepool did this in good style  :). I sincerely hope United and Liverpool get new owners so we can both ( buy players ) fight it out at the top of the tree again. Both clubs deserve more than what were getting now.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #122: Mar 26, 2010 04:05:38 pm
      I see where you're coming from mate but hate is the wrong word to use in connection with Liverpools all conquering side of the past. While it could apply to the vast majority of your fellow mancs no doubt because of the all consuming jealousy most people could appreciate the deserved glory LFC attained with dignity, don't confuse the media bollocks that existed then and still does, probably moreso now with the media being based in your yard for the most part.
      The bad feeling is generated to a large degree by your septic manager and a good many of the old trafford faithfull to say nothing of the teams dubious tactics sometimes in claiming a victory.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #123: Mar 26, 2010 04:59:05 pm
      People didn't hate Liverpool in the 70's and 80's, they admired them.

They admired them for the way we played football, none of this cheating and diving around, we played the game how it should be played.

We had a manager in Bob Paisley who would go about his business quietly and confidently, he didn't feel the need to spout off to the press every time Liverpool won the League.

It's a pity some of the Managers these days don't take a leaf out of his book, I hate all this back biting and sniping at each other.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #124: Mar 27, 2010 12:33:12 am

It's a pity some of the Managers these days don't take a leaf out of his book, I hate all this back biting and sniping at each other.

I couldn't agree more. Far to much is said now. Bring back the old days with old fashion managers. I remember watching / listening to the great Bill Shanks. ( as i like to call him ). he certainly was rated very highly by me and many others. They don't make them anymore. However, Roy Hodgson from Fulham goes close  :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #125: Mar 27, 2010 12:37:26 am
      I agree with you Keith, Roy Hodgson is a really decent manager, I have a lot of time for him.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #126: Mar 27, 2010 12:39:33 am

Thought of it as well but in my honest opinion, it's much more important for us to be in the Champions League next season than not having the Mancs with their 19th.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #127: Mar 27, 2010 09:19:41 am
      People didn't hate Liverpool in the 70's and 80's, they admired them.

They admired them for the way we played football, none of this cheating and diving around, we played the game how it should be played.

We had a manager in Bob Paisley who would go about his business quietly and confidently, he didn't feel the need to spout off to the press every time Liverpool won the League.

People still do admire us MsG.  Living away from Liverpool for the last 20 years I've met loads of people who have a soft spot for us even though they support their local teams.

Also, in our glory days, if we lost, we did so with dignity, graciousness and with respect to the other team.  We never took winning for granted.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #128: Apr 20, 2010 05:35:56 pm
      Who would you prefer taking this year's title.For me it would be Chelsea but after them dropping points ,I think the game at Anfield against chelsea might well decide who would win.

What I would like to know is would you prefer losing to Chelsea if it mens that manu can't get the title?

Your views?

Quick Reply