Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Who will win the title ?

Read 10919 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Who will win the title ?
      Reply #92: Mar 18, 2010 09:57:18 am
      Are next three games will tell us a lot. starting off with you boys at weekend ;D...

Go on you reds? is that Liverpool reds or United reds :laugh:

I thought you's were Green and Gold?

Pro-Glazier and on a Liverpool forum. Not a good look.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #93: Mar 23, 2010 12:00:24 am
      As long as Man U DO NOT win it, I'll be happy.

Try this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm.

Put in your prediction & generate the table. I tried it and sadly we just missed out on the 4th spot. Hopefully I'm wrong.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #94: Mar 23, 2010 02:41:20 pm
      Keith you want to be praying that Shrek doesn't take the knock mate, I don't recall any team depending on one man so much - not in the top flight anyway.
      There was talk of Shrek coming off injured on Sunday anybody know any details?
      If he's out for any length of time manUre are fu**ed (fingers crossed).
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #95: Mar 23, 2010 02:51:00 pm

Nothing concrete only that he limped off and the club wouldn't confirm whether it was an old or new injury
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #96: Mar 23, 2010 03:26:47 pm
      Nothing concrete only that he limped off and the club wouldn't confirm whether it was an old or new injury
      That was the last I heard mate but the news you get out of them is not worth listening to cos it's only a wind up, no details get past Sir Alcho who always puts his spin on them. Proves it when their players miraculously recover 10 minutes before KO on matchdays.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #97: Mar 23, 2010 05:26:07 pm

Hi stuey  :)

No doubt Rooney has now become the back bone of the team and we would be lost without him just as you would be with Torres. However!, cast your mind back to last year when everybody said we would be nothing withour Ronaldo  ;). I thought we had no chance this year and thats the truth. ( have said so a few times ) but the league isn't as strong this year cos were all dropping points or the others are catching us up.

Ive been catching up on the United Liverpool thread and have to say to many people talking through their heart instead of their heads  :-\
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #98: Mar 23, 2010 05:28:52 pm
      Arsenal.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #99: Mar 23, 2010 05:32:43 pm
      Hmmm, got to say I think the Mancs are favourites. They just know how to get the results.

Arsenal have the easiest run in though so they're in with a big chance.

Chelsea looked clear favourites but are struggling a bit lately. Injuries at the back haven't helped them.

Going to go for Arsenal but only just.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #100: Mar 23, 2010 06:20:55 pm
      With the fixtures as they are - Spurs, City, Villa still to play each other, more or less, and I believe also Scum and Chelsea, I'm saying it's Arsenals title. 

I've said it earlier on this thread, I think, with the games in hand these teams have it's not just us going to struggle to finish in the top 4 I still believe that another of the "top 4" will miss out.  I'm hoping it's gonna be the scum but Chelsea could also be in the mix.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #101: Mar 23, 2010 06:46:52 pm
      Hi stuey  :)

No doubt Rooney has now become the back bone of the team and we would be lost without him just as you would be with Torres. However!, cast your mind back to last year when everybody said we would be nothing withour Ronaldo  ;). I thought we had no chance this year and thats the truth. ( have said so a few times ) but the league isn't as strong this year cos were all dropping points or the others are catching us up.

Ive been catching up on the United Liverpool thread and have to say to many people talking through their heart instead of their heads  :-\
      Don't think too many on here had that opinion about ladyboy Kieth but last year your crew had more of a spine about them what they look for now is a bit of good fortune with poaching a goal as on sunday or the ref playing for them as on sunday again.
      The chasing pack are well on your heels mate not really that it's more like shoulder to shoulder and as I said the spine of the team is not there as before really don't see yuz pulling this one out the fire.
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2010 10:01:52 pm by stuey »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #102: Mar 23, 2010 07:03:40 pm
      Don't think too many on here had that opinion about ladyboy Kieth but last year your crew had more of a spine about them what they look for now is a bit of good fortune with poaching a goal as on sunday or the ref playing for them as on sunday again.
      The chasing pack are well on your heels mate not really that more like shoulder to shoulder and as I said the spine of the team is not there as before really don't see yuz pulling this one out the fire.

I agree, last year when we went through that purple patch it reminded me of 1999  :). Sadly this year were no where near that good  :-\. It baffles me that were top of the league sometimes. We look so average in many games its hard to believe the table  ;D. I thought it impossible to think we could win it again this year   :o

Don't want to go off topic to much but think to much has been played on the ref. I think some members need to watch the match again and think apart from Van der sar picking the ball out of the net, what else did he do??. The answer is simple! nothing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #103: Mar 23, 2010 09:58:48 pm
      I agree, last year when we went through that purple patch it reminded me of 1999  :). Sadly this year were no where near that good  :-\. It baffles me that were top of the league sometimes. We look so average in many games its hard to believe the table  ;D. I thought it impossible to think we could win it again this year   :o

Don't want to go off topic to much but think to much has been played on the ref. I think some members need to watch the match again and think apart from Van der sar picking the ball out of the net, what else did he do??. The answer is simple! nothing.
      Keith it's unbelievable that you are playing down the refs' contribution on sunday but you probably take it for granted now mate and just accept it as the norm.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #104: Mar 23, 2010 10:05:11 pm
      Keith it's unbelievable that you are playing down the refs' contribution on sunday but you probably take it for granted now mate and just accept it as the norm.

I'm not playing it down mate. All I'm saying is Van der sar didn't need to make a save after the first 5 mins. I thought the ref got the penalty wrong after watching it several times again on TV.

Ps. I wish all refs would decided once and for all if a player is clean through. is it a straight red or what?. If thats the case you should of been down to ten men and a free kick for us outside the box.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #105: Mar 23, 2010 10:42:05 pm
      come on the Arse

Where's Blood when you need him?  >:D
      I was wondering would anyone take that up.. Had to be said

I was wondering would anyone take that up..
      the Arse
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #106: Mar 24, 2010 12:09:56 am
      That's bollocks about your goalie Keith we had a few attempts hit the post and skied it.
      As for the lad with the pen he F***ing dived from where he was fouled outside the box to well inside if anything he should have been carded for cheating.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Mar 24, 2010 07:26:34 am
      That's bollocks about your goalie Keith we had a few attempts hit the post and skied it.
      As for the lad with the pen he f**king dived from where he was fouled outside the box to well inside if anything he should have been carded for cheating.

I'm not doubting they hit the post and had a couple more chances. However, none of them were on target hense Van der sar doing very little apart from picking the ball out of the net after 5 mins... 95 % ( if not more ) of players will go down in the box given the chance. Our lads do it! your lads do it! and all other clubs do it. Its part of the game whether we like it or not.

Anyway, its just my opinion. Now back on topic before you get me a bollocking  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #108: Mar 24, 2010 02:43:38 pm
      95 % ( if not more ) of players will go down in the box given the chance. Our lads do it! your lads do it! and all other clubs do it. Its part of the game whether we like it or not.

My point exactly Keith he wasn't in the box tho, anyway yuz should be well worried about your title aspirations mate on account of fat boy hobbling round with a stick.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #109: Mar 24, 2010 03:14:00 pm
      My point exactly Keith he wasn't in the box tho, anyway yuz should be well worried about your title aspirations mate on account of fat boy hobbling round with a stick.

I wish we had more fat boys like him  :lmao:

Gerrard wasn't in the box last week when he elbow. ( can't remember his name ) that player. What happen to Gerrard? The answer is simple, some you win, some you lose. They do say it pans out over the season though  :D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #110: Mar 24, 2010 04:01:54 pm

Gerrard wasn't in the box last week when he elbow. ( can't remember his name ) that player. What happen to Gerrard? The answer is simple, some you win, some you lose. They do say it pans out over the season though  :D

The F**k are you on about?

We didn't get a penalty for that, Pompey got a free-kick. The penalty was never a penalty, and if you reckon it was, go re-watch MotD.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #111: Mar 24, 2010 04:07:20 pm
      We had a few chances to be honest, Torres missed a couple and one went to Yossi, 6 yards out, headed it straight!!! at VDS. :(

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #112: Mar 24, 2010 04:52:08 pm
      The f**k are you on about?

We didn't get a penalty for that, Pompey got a free-kick. The penalty was never a penalty, and if you reckon it was, go re-watch MotD.

You've miss read my posts Reslivo  ;D. Ive never ever said it was a penalty. The Gerrard elbow was just a example i made about bad refereeing in general.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #113: Mar 25, 2010 10:21:40 am

You better start looking Keith a report in the papers says he hasn't trained since Sunday.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #114: Mar 25, 2010 01:50:11 pm

Chelsea.

I think they'll sneak up on United in the run in and take it to the wire.

Quick Reply