Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool = Monday Night football. Consequences?

Read 5230 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool = Monday Night football. Consequences?
      Reply #23: Mar 09, 2010 12:18:32 am

Same, I have never liked us playing on a monday, just doesn't feel right playing a league game during the week. Probably because we never seem to win then.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #24: Mar 09, 2010 01:07:40 am

Same, I have never liked us playing on a monday, just doesn't feel right playing a league game during the week. Probably because we never seem to win then.

Something else to blame on the yanks!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #25: Mar 09, 2010 01:13:13 am
      Excuses excuses.  ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Mar 09, 2010 06:24:04 am
      We've already got our next two Premier League fixtures pencilled in for a Monday night.

I know that none of the other top four chasers are playing this weekend, but I'm just wondering what the effects of a sustained Europa League campaign would be on us in the Premier League.

If we continue further in to the Europa League I'd imagine we will see more of our weekend games pushed back to at least Sunday, and possibly more Monday nights.

Meaning, on most occasions, we will be playing after our competitors have played.

Surely this will place less pressure on them, and more pressure on us.

My gut feeling is that it is a negative, rather than a positive.  I'm interested as to what you think.
      After Wigan I would say you are spot on,but that is no excuse for the lousy football we played.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #27: Mar 09, 2010 04:00:47 pm
      We cant handle pressure, its been proven not only this season, but last aswell.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #28: Mar 09, 2010 08:32:03 pm
      We cant handle pressure, its been proven not only this season, but last aswell.

I don't agree with you, we have been rough round the edges this season but last season we were as smooth as silk, hence our second place finish and pushed the scum right to the final day almost.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #29: Mar 09, 2010 08:35:30 pm
      I disagree Alastair, we delivered in the derbys, against the mancs and home to Spurs which at the time was a massive game.

We've failed against the "smaller" teams this year especially away
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Mar 11, 2010 11:26:22 am
      They wear the RED of LFC if they aren't able for the pressure then flog them and get some players in that can.
      If they do choke and by the looks of the Wigan game they have then maybe a clear out might not be the worst thing to happen.
      Sign a couple of the players that claim they want to play for us and get some pride back in the club.
      Regardless of whether we make the Champions League or not we are Liverpool. I want to see all the players touching the THIS IS ANFIELD sign as they walk out onto the pitch and play til they collapse on the ground drained from giving their all. Was F**k all of them on monday but it had nothing to do with the time of the week

Quick Reply