Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Wigan 1-0 Liverpool: Post Match Nuclear Fall Out

Read 36300 times
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Re: Wigan 1-0 Liverpool: Post Match Nuclear Fall Out
      Reply #322: Mar 11, 2010 10:44:39 am
      Dont want to turn this into the aquilani player thread, but i think hes weak. I haven't been impressed by him one bit so far, and he looks nothing like a 20m player. It shocks me to hear reports that he is actually a 30m player and we managed to get him on a 'discount' due to his poor injury history. If this lad is worth 30m then i must be worth atleast 15m from what i've seen so far. He is nowhere near the same price tag as what alonso is.

It shocks me more to see people praising him, hes done absolutely jack all in a red shirt. No goals, no assists, no attacks started, no tackles, no excitement, no drive, no passion. He's completed a dozen passes or so and thats it. Would just like to add hes also give the ball away a dozen times or so too. So Well done Mr Aquilani, heres a medal.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #323: Mar 11, 2010 10:51:54 am
      Dont want to turn this into the aquilani player thread, but I think hes weak. I haven't been impressed by him one bit so far, and he looks nothing like a 20m player. It shocks me to hear reports that he is actually a 30m player and we managed to get him on a 'discount' due to his poor injury history. If this lad is worth 30m then I must be worth atleast 15m from what I've seen so far. He is nowhere near the same price tag as what alonso is.

It shocks me more to see people praising him, hes done absolutely jack all in a red shirt. No goals, no assists, no attacks started, no tackles, no excitement, no drive, no passion. He's completed a dozen passes or so and thats it. Would just like to add hes also give the ball away a dozen times or so too. So Well done Mr Aquilani, heres a medal.

Actually he did get one assist against Spurs at Anfield with a header.

You are right about one thing, you certainly are missing the more subtle aspects of his game.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #324: Mar 11, 2010 10:52:17 am
      Your argument that he is too weak is bollocks.

There is a plethora of quality players in the premiership who are off smaller/slighter built then Aquilani.

Modric, Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky all players that play in the midfield and all are quality, their size has not hampered them one bit.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #325: Mar 11, 2010 10:59:48 am

There is a plethora of quality players in the premiership who are off smaller/slighter built then Aquilani.

Modric, Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky all players that play in the midfield and all are quality, their size has not hampered them one bit.

Also remember Luis Garcia..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #326: Mar 11, 2010 11:08:53 am
      Am i missing something with Aquilani?

Re watch the game for a third time and count just how many times he touches the ball. I'd be interested to no just how many times he has actually kicked a ball in a red shirt in 10 or so appearences.
      What are you some kind of sadist? I'm not watching it a third time! ;)

Considering what he was playing with I did like the look of Aquilani's movement and touch.  Compared to the lumbering Gerrard and Mascherano when he got the ball he was quick to lay it in to decent positions.  Off the ball as well he had plenty of movement. 

Our problem Monday was undoubtedly that there was no vision in passing throughout the side.

It's fairly easy for people to say 'that was the worst performance I've ever seen' but that's just total over the top nonsense.  It probably wasn't even the worst we've played this year in all honestly.  A couple of players in key positions had terrible games and the rest were below average and we struggled with the accuracy of our passing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #327: Mar 11, 2010 11:09:37 am
      Who was a fantastic player in Europe for us but never did it for us in the Premier League.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #328: Mar 11, 2010 11:12:03 am
      Who was a fantastic player in Europe for us but never did it for us in the Premier League.

okay, we'll blame Pako for his signing then  :lmao:
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #329: Mar 11, 2010 01:54:55 pm

No its not bollocks.

Them players you've mentioned are all physically smaller than Aquilani yes, but the difference is theyve adapted to the premiership and can put a foot in when the going gets tough. Apart from Nasri who is a complete shithouse.

You don't have to be big to be tough, theres plenty of smaller less built players who have played the game who have been just as tough as anybody, that wasn't what my point/argument was about - i wasn't talking about aquilanis physical presence.

My point saying aquilani is weak is that he shys away from tackles and wont get F***ing stuck in and its embarassing to watch a full grown man behave like that. Next time he plays, focus on his tackling and see for yourself. A tackle in football is a tackle, so i don't want to hear any of this 'he has to adapt to the premiership' bollocks. Yes, he needs to adapt to the pace, but theirs no excuses for shying away from tackling somebody.

Quick Reply